Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Might and Magic 1 with a Codexian Party

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Love your ear.
Nei from Phantasy Star 2. :) I recently got a Genesis (Mega Drive) and so I've been playing that a lot and I've kinda forsaken the PC master race. Need to recalibrate my brain to prepare for M&M and Star Stable.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
If only there was a way to avoid grinding and speed things up. Someone to help level up faster, such as a trainer...
How is easy is that to use? I was thinking of boosting everyone up to god level and just breezing through the game.
- Put the "MM1 Trainer.jar" file in the MM1 install directory, then double-click it to run. The application will automatically open up ROSTER.DTA (savegame file).

- Edit name, sex, alignment, race, stats, experience, spell points, gold, gems, food, or inventory slots*.

- Click File/Save and close window or select File/Exit.

- Run MM1.

Saving will overwrite ROSTER.DTA, but also create a backup the unmodified file as something like ROSTER.DTA.20140122213248 (the number is a datestamp representing the year, month, day of month, hour, minute, second). In case you accidentally mess something up, you can restore the backup by deleting the edited file ROSTER.DTA, and renaming the backup file back to ROSTER.DTA by deleting the datestamp.

All you need is to have Java installed.

I would recommend boosting ability scores, xp and gold, then going to a trainer for leveling up. Boosting the level by itself does nothing (other than increase next level-up threshold, ha). For more info on xp and levels, see here.

*you can only edit items in the backpack, not the equipped items, because I didn't want to figure out the all the rules on item restrictions.

Edit: you won't be able to edit savestates, so in that case I suggest boosting yourself before starting to use savestates or to save the game at an inn when you want to use the trainer.

Also, you need to quit the game and restart it in order for it to detect the changes to the savegame.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom