Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Fallout Tactics (Completed & Repaired)

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Brotastic update bro! :bro:

I foresee pain in Monkey's future.. Power armour is good and nice, and the shotgun can really tear through robots with the EM cartridges (the yellow ones), but standing close to robots tends to lead to Interesting Times. :smug: :love: :thumbsup:

[EDIT]
About the rep hit, did Bro stand in the exit grid when you speak to the auditor? I'm not sure what the error is, but maybe he doesn't register the broken power armour, if you're at the "wrong place" when you talk to him..
Conjecture and guesses only. Screwed if I know what caused it.

[2nd EDIT]
The "Fallout Tactics Editor" from this site includes a value for reputation, but I've opened my saves with this editor, and the value is zero for all my saves, no matter how far along in the game I am. Haven't tested it fully. It might fix your problem, and it might not..

spekkio

Arcane
Yeah, but what else could I do? Give it to root?
This man is destined to die only to be replaced by r00t.
Let's make it easier for him... ;)
Bro is immortal, WC is a newfag and Gramps should be replaced by some better unit ASAP.

Enjoy your Power Armor while you can :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, monkey's gonna go all smelly inside that armour, so when he finally dies, noone would be willing to wear it, even if it were intact. :love:

And I'm not complaining. I'm fully expecting a horrible demise at some point, and am mildly amazed it hasn't come yet. :M

spekkio

Arcane
Azira said:
The "Fallout Tactics Editor" from this site includes a value for reputation, but I've opened my saves with this editor, and the value is zero for all my saves, no matter how far along in the game I am. Haven't tested it fully. It might fix your problem, and it might not.
I use this editor to modify soldiers, but the Karma cannot be modified using it. :(
It looks that we're fucked.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Meh, knowing the codex, we'd probably have you gunning for the bad ending anyhoo, and those who'd have liked the other endings can find videos of them on jewtube. :rpgcodex:

lightbane

Arcane
we have one immortal doctor already...

tennant.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nice update, that Acid gun is much more powerful than it seems, but considering what it is going to happen, it seems I should start making (and posting) my character right now...

ironyuri

lightbane said:
we have one immortal doctor already...

tennant.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nice update, that Acid gun is much more powerful than it seems, but considering what it is going to happen, it seems I should start making (and posting) my character right now...

:lol:

Oesophagus

Arcane
Bros, if you've find any errors, please, let myself know... Cry

Bro, this is teh internets, chill :bro:
though it's "let me know"

Nice update, and good work not gettin raeped by the load lifters :salute:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hmm. Reputation being the deciding factor for the "good ending" or "bad ending" may explain what happened to me during my last playthrough. I was at the end level, and shot all the brains in the jars. This completely tanked my reputation, so I only got the bad ending. I reloaded and killed all the brains in the jars with explosives, which left my rep intact.

I'm pretty certain YouTube can help you show all the 4 endings, if it comes to that.

Regarding Newton: There's a suit of Advanced Power Armour hidden in one of the buildings on the (south)east side of the map.

spekkio

Arcane
Thanks for the tips, people!

As Azira pointed out, I'm sure that we will end up with as EXTREME ending as possible anyway, so...

:roll:

@Unkillable Cat:

About your previous suggestion to do some Special Encounter hunting - thanks to the well-known bug the encounter rate is insane, so it would take ages...
And there's no fix for it AFAIR, except slowing down the CPU. :(

Yeesh

Magister
spekkio said:
@Unkillable Cat:

About your previous suggestion to do some Special Encounter hunting - thanks to the well-known bug the encounter rate is insane, so it would take ages...

Then you must install the game on your old PII-233, and copy the save over. Can you do any less?

marooned

Liturgist
spekkio said:
thanks to the well-known bug the encounter rate is insane, so it would take ages...

Why don't you just remove all the random encounters? They are an absolute waste of time. Period. And since you aren't covering them in the LP nor are insane enough to grind through them (lol) I say just delete them and leave the special encounters in (if you are so inclined to get/show them).

Nice update, btw. The next mission is cool. I expect to see someone die.

spekkio

Arcane
^
And how can I "remove random encounters"? :?
Except clicking "No" over 9000 times with Outdoorsman at 100%?

:cry:

marooned

Liturgist
From NMA:
jarekfall said:
I'm not sure if I understand the intention. Would you like to permanently remove all random encounters from existing BOS campaign? This can be done without patching FT executable file. Simply, edit campaign data stored in campaign.txt file, clear "forces" section, open campaign editor and import "forces" section by using "Import Random" command. That's all. You don't have to start a new campaign, because this data is not stored in file with saved game state.

:salute:

spekkio

Arcane
^
:love:

(Let's hope that doing this will fuck the savegames up)

53863913300213692225.gif

*Edit:

New page already?

:decline:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
spekkio said:

There are certain squares on the map that spawn the special encounters. You've already found at least two of them. Just move back and forth through those squares and your chances of finding the special encounters shoots up. You can have 3 or possibly 4 encounters in the same square.

Cassidy

Arcane
spekkio said:
We reach the bunker. Once again, no new recruits to edit. :(

No longer. Also:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Tactics_perks

Sniper 24 PE 8, AG 8, Small Guns 80% 1 All Adds a roll of LK x 10 to the critical table, broken

:(

1. Name: Cassidy
  2. Age: 22
  3. Sex: male
  4. Portrait:
    1zeb0ol.jpg

5. SPECIAL Stats:

ST 6*
    PE 8
    EN 5
    CH 4
    IN 6
    AG 10
    LK 8
  6. Traits: Gifted, Fast Shot
  7. (Preferred) Perks: Team Player, More Criticals, Better Criticals, Sharpshooter, Bonus Rate of Fire, Sniper**.
  8. Tagged Skills: Big Guns, Energy Weapons, Repair
  9. Skill useful from team's POV: Repair
  10. Preferred Weapons: Gatling and Gauss Miniguns, other burst weapons before they become available.

*Considering power armor will be aplenty once and if he ever gets to replace the latest fallen BRO.

**if the "broken" status can be fixed with mods or something.

spekkio

Arcane
@marooned:

Tested and works!

To get rid of the random encounters entirely you have to:

1) Extract bos.cam file from \core\Mis-Main_0.bos file (it's ZIP achive) to \core\campaigns directory.

2) Extract \tables\campaign.txt file from \core\entities_0.bos file (another ZIP archive) somewhere.

3) Edit campaign.txt by removing EVERYTHING from "RANDOM FORCE DEFINITIONS" section, starting from:
Code:
forces = {
and ending with last:
Code:
}
after "Robot Horde" part.

4) Fire up Campaign Editor, open bos.cam file, check if random encounters are in:

2u5alft.jpg

5) Use "Import Random" command, find your edited campaign.txt file. Check if random encounters are still in:

11liuz9.jpg

:smug:

Save the file, exit editor, load your savegame / start a new game, enjoy.

Massive BROfist, marooned-kun.

You can also change your staring squad and recruits pool (who shows up when) by editing campaign.txt file...
So now I know that 10 new recruits should show up after Newton.

:yeah:

So if you want to see your SM recruit, lightbane, better create him soon...

:rpgcodex:

@Unkillable Cat:
Yeah, I know how SE work, I'm just too lazy to hunt for them. :)

@Cassidy:
I meant that I can't edit any new soldiers in (lack of new recruits in RC). That's gonna change after Newton, dough.
So both Obvious and Cassidy will join us soon...

lightbane

Arcane
Here's my totally serious character, feel free to correct me if something is wrong, give me some advice and/or to give him a glorious/hilarious death:

Nickname: Todd
Race: Supermutant
Portrait:
2hsbv69.jpg

Stats:
ST 9
PE 7
EN 8
CH 2
IN 7
AG 8
LK 6

Traits: Gifted, Fast Shot
Tagged Skills: Big Guns, Energy Weapons, Explosions Throwing
Preferred weapons: DAKKA!!! (Big weapons and Energy weapons, preferibly rocket-launchers, chainguns and the like)

Desired Perks: Tough Hide, Steady Arm, Psychothic, Bonus Rate of Fire... Add whatever you think it'll be useful.

spekkio

Arcane
Update on the way, check out if your recruits are ok (perks spent, SPs not):

2nlhc0p.jpg

2s64r9j.jpg

Checked Todd quickly and he seems to be a proper build - SMs do not seem to have more Character Points than regular humans (as Ghouls do)...

:?

I'll post more info soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom