Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
Can you show us a screenshot of whole map in religions mode? I want to see how much of the world is Orthodox.

PS: :thumbsup:

Good going. I decided to try Sicily my self. Quite a fun area to play around in. Was my first game in CKI trying to create the Kingdom of Sicily only to have it all fall apart when my retarded blind grandson took over the throne.
Though I started playing as a Norman count in stead of Greek. It is interesting how different games can come out even though I started in a quite similar manner of uniting Sicily and then grabbing territories in North Africa.

Pansy, use my independence_cb!

PS: You really should use Egypt or Africa as your main title. Being King of Sicily when most of your holdings aren't in Italy looks silly.

Would you post it as a text file so I can simply swap out the file in question. I want to give it a try, I feel like my kingdoms tend to be way to stable. I'm some what afraid it might cause the Ai to become to unstable, but will have to see.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually it's the fact that dealing with rebels is too easy and blobs gonna blob even if they get in a jam. By modding the CB, you have to actually fight to hold on to what you've conquered instead of just fight a few silly battles and make white peace. Getting rebellions when you're occupied elsewhere should be a very, very bad thing, with only victory keeping your realm as it is, and total defeat meaning massive reparations and prestige damage that are likely to destroy you for good.

Good going. I decided to try Sicily my self. Quite a fun area to play around in. Was my first game in CKI trying to create the Kingdom of Sicily only to have it all fall apart when my retarded blind grandson took over the throne.
Though I started playing as a Norman count in stead of Greek. It is interesting how different games can come out even though I started in a quite similar manner of uniting Sicily and then grabbing territories in North Africa.

Pansy, use my independence_cb!

PS: You really should use Egypt or Africa as your main title. Being King of Sicily when most of your holdings aren't in Italy looks silly.

Would you post it as a text file so I can simply swap out the file in question. I want to give it a try, I feel like my kingdoms tend to be way to stable. I'm some what afraid it might cause the Ai to become to unstable, but will have to see.
What version are you using? I haven't updated yet (since I hadn't finished the Karelia campaign when the update came out), so unless you haven't either I'll update first and set up a new file and post it.

EDIT: As for destabilizing the AI too much... Well, in my campaign I observed that there was a notable change for the better following the new CB rules, with France and HRE being much more occupied with internal issues than before. However, the big problem was again that the Byzantine Empire is so super-stable it's impossible for a civil war or a coup to happen there.

Running 1.04c, which is the latest patch I believe.

Concerning the BE and over all result of the game I find that starting about two decades after 1066 helps a lot to make the game better "balanced" so to say. With the sultanate of Rhum going strong it tends to keep the BE in check, I've seen it gain back some minor holdings in anatolia similar to the Komemnian restoration but no major blobbing on it's part, and the reconquista actually tends to happen some times when Leon also controls Galicia and Castille.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 40-Into Iberia

I had wanted to put these at the end of the last update, but it was getting a bit long. So:

tBAUI.jpg

KwgTo.jpg

Cultural maps.

uLXhh.jpg

Religious map.

paEaP.jpg

We get a chance to become either zealous or cynical. I go for zealous, but it fails to stick.

Once my troops that were still in the Caliphate's territory return to ours, they are disbanded and:

5j6gX.jpg

We go to finish off the Pope.

js480.jpg

My army out of Italy. Also my army from Greece is arriving off the coast of Ancona.

SgKDI.jpg

We lost the battle. Whoops. But the Pope is dead, so that's okay.

axys5.jpg

Our other army successfully assaults.

i6lMJ.jpg

Two assaults are won, and a siege is lost. Time to go drive them from Ancona.

cgnR8.jpg

We win this time. I will ransom these prisoners since they are Christians.

TXidI.jpg

We retake our holding and march on the last holdings of the Papacy.

LMoLd.jpg

035qD.jpg

Except he gives up before we arrive. Thus ends the Papacy* (I imagine it will pop up somewhere else soon? I've never actually conquered it completely before.)

0VQ7d.jpg

That's no good.

6yxKF.jpg

I give the county to one of the barons for now. I will retake it later.

yyB9a.jpg

Because when I do, it won't give me the wrong holding penalty.

BmBIy.jpg

We send our son to our nephew for his education. He has some good traits, and is a grey eminence which is why he was chosen.

I do some building:

Ef2Ur.jpg

g2Ntx.jpg

K3iyE.jpg

And now it is time to go chase down some peasants.

l1XlJ.jpg

Another child is on the way.

8FsaM.jpg

France has started to take territory from A-A again. I think I need to go ahead and move into Iberia to stop them from expanding more.

In light of that:

dA1cF.jpg

I decide to attack A-A myself.

1DzfI.jpg

The HRE decides to join us in our war. How nice.

FdG7U.jpg

Why do I only have daughters! Would one or two extra sons be too much to ask?

r0tAB.jpg

Conversions!

Rnfsg.jpg

The army we are going to use.

i0tAE.jpg

We win a siege. While I was taking that holding, the A-A army engaged the HRE army and got wiped out.

BOhH0.jpg

I convert one of my provinces.

hBDW4.jpg

A successful crusade. Good for them.

rOLUu.jpg

Another holding taken.

cpsFw.jpg

Ct918.jpg

He is ready to give up after that. Territory is distributed, but I cannot usurp the ducal title for the area since the holder is at war.

Next up:

kVkHK.jpg

Time to take some more territory!

yBFmN.jpg

The HRE decides to help us again.

JatUX.jpg

The army I intend to use. Also the Emir of Beja, has called in A-A as an ally.

0hfWa.jpg

Conversion occurs.

7V76H.jpg

We defeat what I presume to be the main enemy army.

rTS8B.jpg

Another small enemy force is wiped out, and we begin our siege.

wuCHv.jpg

I decide to raise another small army to help with ruining Beja's day.

TAgJY.jpg

That bitch. I didn't want to create that ducal title.

m6EpB.jpg

Another child on the way. Would be nice if its a boy, just in case.

dwuj6.jpg

We beat the remains of the main enemy force from earlier.

QT6E0.jpg

And another enemy army gets wiped out.

NtYLH.jpg

A rebellion occurs. She will be easy to put down.

jWtdV.jpg

Our army from Greece arrives and defeats the rebel force. They pursue and wipe them out, then begin sieging.

1Oncg.jpg

A siege is won. As you can see Beja is pretty well boned at this point.

jXZPj.jpg

Damn.

lDMCe.jpg

ZKcKG.jpg

We pick up the ambitious trait. Yay!

pDlJU.jpg

We win another siege. Somebody in the HRE has rebelled so all his troops are leaving.

9s8yQ.jpg

Another siege is won.

oIxwv.jpg

A rebel holding is taken.

6PwaV.jpg

6FmyT.jpg

And that gets them ready to call it quits. That army now moves into Iberia.

sq5UC.jpg

An enemy army is beaten and...

et32L.jpg

mZEok.jpg

They give up.

LKoEs.jpg

qCIVq.jpg

Beja is usurped and territory handed out. Also note that there are a lot of split holdings in Iberia (where the holder of the county is different than the holder of one of the baronies in that county) so it is going to be a huge pain to sort it all out with lots of small wars.

diHff.jpg

Here is the world outside of my general area. Yes, that is the Golden Horde, and they have conquered Norway.

DET8A.jpg

And the resignation screen. That's this update. Next time I will continue taking over Iberia (might even finish as they are not putting up any real resistance), then turn back around to fight the Caliphate.

*I noticed later that he still holds a couple of baronies. One in Ireland in the territory of France, and one in Poland.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Running 1.04c, which is the latest patch I believe.

Concerning the BE and over all result of the game I find that starting about two decades after 1066 helps a lot to make the game better "balanced" so to say. With the sultanate of Rhum going strong it tends to keep the BE in check, I've seen it gain back some minor holdings in anatolia similar to the Komemnian restoration but no major blobbing on it's part, and the reconquista actually tends to happen some times when Leon also controls Galicia and Castille.
Alright, here's a new one. It should work perfectly.

PS: You should use it too Xeno, things are looking way too stable in Europe.

Attachments

• cb_types.txt
    53.4 KB · Views: 906

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 41-A Scheme is Hatched

QzY1O.jpg

Let's get this party started.

fgUdq.jpg

As the army I will be using assembles, the HRE asks for my help in his war against his former vassal. I agree, though I won't actually do anything.

I7hch.jpg

The army arrives and starts to siege Badajoz.

XKROW.jpg

I realize I have lots of money, so I decide to build a holding. I opt for a city to increase my income.

IYftO.jpg

I end up assaulting the holding because French and Scottish troops are arriving, leading to lots of attrition.

Hu48i.jpg

And again, I assault and win.

D8kb0.jpg

bVAl5.jpg

They give up at that point and the territory is given away. Now time for my next victim.

Gcmeo.jpg

I want to try to cut France off as much as I can, so I need to move north.

RSyiZ.jpg

The HRE backs me up. It will be interesting to see if he will back me up when I end up in a war with France (which I inevitably will at the rate things are going).

k2fE1.jpg

The army arrives in the theater. It is composed of my personal troops and a few others from Italy. But its mostly just my troops and those of the barons under me.

rh7SX.jpg

Inclining North Africa for over a hundred years.

yRE8h.jpg

We assault and win a siege. Notice the small enemy force gathering. My troops from Greece (which have been roaming my lands bashing in peasant skulls) will deal with them soon enough.

It is at this point that I realize something. Something that I find very interesting.

dTmwa.jpg

This is the youngest daughter of the King of France. Age 14.

Bbc3d.jpg

This is her mother. A princess of the HRE.

Unless I am mistaken, if I were to manage to murder off my current wife and marry her, then the children of that marriage would have claims on both France and the HRE. You are probably saying, "But Xeno, the French didn't want to be friendly with you before, why would they now?" Well that's true, but now I have a border with them, which probably makes the French more concerned about me. I am going to attempt it at any rate and see what happens!

Step 1 Decide:

da6FA.jpg

The appropriate ambition is decided upon.

Step 2 Kill:

kbKXh.jpg

I need way more support.

EPV06.jpg

Lucky me, my German Catholic wife is apparently hated by the entire realm as I have no trouble getting support to kill her as you can see. Time to engage!

yJbD1.jpg

The deed is done.

Step 3 Get Hitched:

cOXXa.jpg

I am guessing that suddenly having a border with one of the most powerful kingdoms in the world made the French a little more inclined to interact with us.

They are going to regret it later though. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MLzHo.jpg

That's the smell of world domination on its way, and the restoration of the Roman Empire. It is glorious. Now if I can just squeeze some sons out of her, murder my first kid (don't particularly want him to rule anyway since he will likely be really old by the time K2 dies).

Now then. Back to laying a beat down on the poor isolated Muslims of Iberia.

cjRrP.jpg

My army catches up to the enemy army and beats them. I pursue and eliminate then lay siege.

KzvfI.jpg

Another siege is won, and France takes Toledo. Muslim Iberia is doomed. In fact:

HFhfR.jpg

The Muslim world appears to be doomed. Or at the very least it is at the complete mercy of Orthodoxy.

Not long after the siege:

MId5K.jpg

sAofr.jpg

And our enemy wants the war to end. Territory is given out as usual. I cannot usurp the ducal title though yet. Once my Greek army gets out of enemy territory and can be disbanded without losing half the troops, we will select our next victim.

PGpjz.jpg

I decide to go after A-A. Maybe this way I can at least secure western Iberia for myself.

PvDP4.jpg

We help to bring Orthodoxy back to the former Orthodox lands of Nubia.

pSlOM.jpg

Good ideas are worth the gold.

Ddz2C.jpg

This is Rome. We have 11 Military advances, 15 economic, and 13 cultural.

vy9tb.jpg

cLt7p.jpg

AAibr.jpg

Compared to the capitals of the other major powers, we are doing alright. Better than the Catholics, but nowhere near the Byzantine Empire.

ZPb7k.jpg

The army arrives and marches north. It will be slower than a naval deployment, but I won't suffer attrition this way. Also for the curious:

Dv1PX.jpg

This is my military screen at present. Yes my total army is about 75k strong. Compared to the other (based on the iffy accuracy of the ledger at any rate):

4CV8m.jpg

We rank as very powerful. France is roughly our equal, not sure why the HRE is so weak (relatively speaking at least), and the Byzantine Empire is perfectly

capable of beating me like a dog if they are so inclined (especially considering what their targets would be). Anyway back to Iberia and my Muslim bashing.

zrWNh.jpg

The army arrives at their goal and the enemy has a much larger garrison then I had hoped. Guess I will be waiting them out.

7EMI7.jpg

Don't worry. I will show a religious and cultural map at the end of the update.

nPYTb.jpg

My city finishes. Yay!

LtYlS.jpg

Excellent news.

cPMSk.jpg

I decide to bring another small army into the area to deal with some peasant rebels, and decide to keep them around to help out against A-A. Currently they are headed for all that there is of the A-A army. Rather stupidly, I forgot to take the shots of me beating the little army and then of the pursuit and

annihilation of it. Sorry.

sf9tt.jpg

My army is now headed to Lisboa to take an enemy holding that is in our territory.

k5LGG.jpg

I will take it!

vfTDt.jpg

The army get redirected to deal with a rallying enemy force. We win. Also they have hired some mercs as you can see by the no morale cavalry group just south of me. My troops go to deal with them now.

7UfOv.jpg

Conversion!

5QigE.jpg

And not long after we engage the enemy mercs and beat them. They are pursued.

TAbux.jpg

We beat them again and pursue some more.

cC9jm.jpg

Our young bride to be comes of age, so we send the marriage proposal.

jG7gj.jpg

Again the enemy army is beaten and we pursue (the mercs joined up with the levies in this battle).

OXMqe.jpg

We are now married to the Princess of France. Hehehehehehe.

v6erV.jpg

We also finally win a siege.

QcTKY.jpg

And the enemy army has almost had it as well.

XxsHm.jpg

They are finally all wiped out. My army heads to their single holdings in our territory.

6DKMP.jpg

And I decide to build another city. This time in Capua.

HcEYk.jpg

The first Iberian province converts to Orthodoxy!

flj1X.jpg

As does Venice!

I5Va8.jpg

And another siege is won.

VuNTl.jpg

Sucks to be Muslim. Here comes another round of war for the Caliphate.

M89AT.jpg

Another victory.

RCRF7.jpg

Wi23l.jpg

And they decide to end their war with me.

UUkqj.jpg

zBZGA.jpg

A ducal title is usurped and handouts occur.

jkb3R.jpg

A new kingly title is added to our ever growing list.

mIGlq.jpg

It adopts the laws of our primary title since it was previously non-existent. Its good to be the king.

GAUh6.jpg

I2hgN.jpg

I still cannot usurp some titles though. I really want Egypt. I am curious what its shield is for a Christian.

And to wrap things up:

JbarQ.jpg

Look at that beautiful religious map.

Tn593.jpg

Our cultural spread is a little slower, but is still going pretty well.

That's this update. Next time I will try to finish off Iberia and the Caliphate in Africa.

PS: Let me know what you guys think about using the spoiler thing on this. Does it make it too difficult to tell what is going on in the pics?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ĩt really doesn't matter because the images are loaded anyway.

Cornflakes

Novice
For me even though the images are loading the screen doesn't bounce around while they are being loaded so it helps anyway.

scratchmonkey

Educated
IIRC, the ledger numbers are for the total # of troops that you can currently call upon -- so it doesn't count troops in the field. I would guess that's why the HRE #s are so low -- if they were dealing with multiple rebellions and they'd been helping you out, their levies might have gotten pretty depleted.

Cornflakes

Novice
Vaarna, I tried your independence CB but the AI really doesn't "understand" it. The King of Mauretania happily accepted a white peace from a rebelling emir who ended up independent as a result. I saved approx. one month before the event. Before your cb the tide was turning on the emir so the emir agreed to white peace and was reabsorbed. After the cb change he agreed to a white peace as the hammer was coming down only to be gifted independence as a result of "giving up". Is this how the AI is going to behave or did I do something wrong or does it only start working with the AI if it's already installed before the war starts?

Edit: I'm wondering if the AI playing against the other AI players goes through the whole [fire off a message asking for peace then wait 3 weeks for an answer] rigamarole that happens with the player, in which case my save might be after a peace request was sent. I'll take an earlier save and test it out and see if the white peace still happens when it doesn't make any sense.

Tigranes

Arcane
Spoilers work fine, they're probably better than before but no biggie either way.

For the rebellion stuff, I think we really need to wait for the next patch which promises to let players join any ongoing war, and for more AI collaboration as well. Even with the independence CB it's all too easy to just let 10 different rebel wars go on and stomp on them one by one.

For me even though the images are loading the screen doesn't bounce around while they are being loaded so it helps anyway.
^ Yep, this. And it looks just fine.

As for marriage acceptance, the AI is more likely to agree the further down the line of succession your desired spouse is. Which makes it kinda easy to exploit with proper application of assassinations after the marriage, given a good Intrigue stat and some luck.

Also,
It's like the muslim world is screaming "SHIIIIITE!!! :rage:" out of a corner. :troll:

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 42-Islam's Continued Decline

As I rush an army around to deal with peasant uprisings I receive some good news:

PjvFP.jpg

My lovely new wife is pregnant. I hope its a boy.

Also now that my peasants have been put in their place:

ZxZwT.jpg

Its time to move against the Muslims again.

As the army I will be using rallies:

v6VcN.jpg

Kallinikos II gets an event. Nothing comes of it however.

f9Ppd.jpg

After my first army arrives and heads to start sieging, I get word of another conversion.

VkObT.jpg

The first army and its target. Another army will be entering the area shortly to run around and keep the Muslims in line.

gi13j.jpg

Our second army arrives and chases down and destroys and enemy force.

B4LP1.jpg

As my army pursues another enemy force, the HRE tries to call me in on his crusade. I decline. If I wanted to go to war with the Caliph, it would be for my own expansion.

v73gr.jpg

I catch up to and defeat an enemy army. I think when this war is over, I will try fighting Muslims on both sides of my empire.

r5hyi.jpg

I love it when a plan starts to come together.

T63uP.jpg

Another enemy army gets wiped out.

EHwWk.jpg

I have found a really good use for all the daughters Kallinikos II has had though lately. Send them to be educated by a Doux that dislikes us and get a 20 point increase in relations. As long as none of them end up my heir, it should all be fine.

TCVfA.jpg

Another enemy army crushed. I say army but I don't think one of these "armies" has had over 2k men yet.

Xd9gq.jpg

As I continue to meet no resistance in Iberia, my city that I started in the last update in Capua is finished. Yay.

FpDgE.jpg

A siege is won! Also my other army has started helping with the siegeing to try to speed things along. Kallinikos II has much ground to cover and a relatively short time to cover it in, if we want to be ready to take either France or the HRE.

LCRuD.jpg

Three assaults later and the province is taken.

qfMjM.jpg

Our son and heir comes of age. Look at that lovely claim on the HRE.

SWTb7.jpg

In order to increase our trolling of Catholics and Muslims alike, I pick for my son's wife to be, a young member of the Doukas family. She is the eldest daughter of the very old emperor's heir. Which means if he kicks before his heir does, we will have an alliance and maybe an inheritance too, if I work for it. The heir to the Byzantine Empire (a woman) has only one son and is 40 already. Hehehehehe...

Anyway back to my war.

remHo.jpg

In an attempt to speed things along both my armies come together and assault taking the province.

nugF0.jpg

After intercepting two enemy armies and defeating them both, the enemy appears to be ready to give up.

QeUnH.jpg

y13Ot.jpg

We win. Territory is given out as usual, and title usurpation begins:

l9aJO.jpg

ByDoO.jpg

sIjCe.jpg

iBs8q.jpg

Q35LA.jpg

S8OJi.jpg

I still cannot get Egypt though.

p4o41.jpg

The aftermath.

Now then. Since those two idiots (A-A and now Algarve that was Portucale that was Beja) seem to insist on fighting me together and since they don't put up much of a fight let's make this a little more interesting:

BpUR8.jpg

dnrV3.jpg

2mHRO.jpg

4YdJ6.jpg

Time to make the Muslims scream for mercy!

qore1.jpg

The Iberian theater and what each army is doing there.

yE1yg.jpg

The African theater. The larger armies will act as support while the small take territory. I still have about 20k troops unraised in reserve too.

Q6Ijh.jpg

A successful assault in Iberia.

Xxfhe.jpg

I notice that an empress is in charge now! It is the one that I will soon have a marriage with. MUAHHAHAHAHAHA! I approve of medium authority within the empire.

8HmtE.jpg

Whoops. While I was off paying attention to Iberia, the Caliph and Abyssinia managed to sneak a decent army in to attack my smaller army. I will need to be more careful in dealing with them. They aren't broken like the Iberians yet.

TEN69.jpg

My army avenges my foolishness though shortly thereafter.

v9393.jpg

We assault as soon as we can in Africa, because the attrition is pretty bad, and I want this to be over quickly.

s3nMp.jpg

Another victorious siege.

WchyJ.jpg

The King of France decides to jump on this bandwagon.

pWKVU.jpg

A few assaults later and the province is taken. Now to smash the enemy mercs south of us, the peasant rebels, and then siege another province.

6xoYH.jpg

Another conversion!

7Kzma.jpg

A siege is won, and a province taken in Africa.

USNfe.jpg

The enemy army is broken and A-A is now screaming for mercy.

qSi2B.jpg

AiUtp.jpg

One down, three to go. Territory is handed out as usual.

QoRwo.jpg

qTzaz.jpg

And a new Doux is born. Now back to our wars.

NU4lp.jpg

An enemy army is destroyed in Africa.

MUHam.jpg

Some time later a siege is won in Iberia. Algarve won't last much longer.

uH7Cq.jpg

The crusade is ended. Unsuccessfully.

x2I8z.jpg

Another holding taken in Iberia.

EXGlx.jpg

An army of the Caliphate is defeated.

RASyR.jpg

Yet again they attacked my sieging force. This time they failed though.

3gWrN.jpg

7LLAS.jpg

The failure of his army apparently pushed him over the edge. The Caliph surrenders Axum to us. Now to deal with Abyssinia.

UEqLe.jpg

Another siege is won in Iberia.

jakyc.jpg

And another. I am currently waiting for my larger army to get down there while the smaller one avoids the enemy force.

Ca9im.jpg

6lP6R.jpg

Algarve is destroyed. Territory is handed out as usual.

rAQJB.jpg

We become the King of Leon.

tuuQ6.jpg

And we create and hand out the ducal title of Algarve.

Z8yPv.jpg

My armies finally get themselves into position in Abyssinia. The forces from Iberia will probably be coming this way soon.

34bgz.jpg

I defeat the army of Abyssinia, but they have called the Caliphate in on their side.

h9dNd.jpg

An enemy army is destroyed.

OUJi4.jpg

We win a siege. Now our warscore looks much better.

dcLlx.jpg

Conversion!

rbDqh.jpg

Another enemy army is beaten. We pursue. The prisoners get the axe.

5fkeH.jpg

Another enemy army is beaten.

Let's take a look around the map before ending this update.

vvoca.jpg

ombug.jpg

The Golden Horde is still slowly advancing west. Iberia is now pretty well split between me and France. Everybody else is pretty stagnant. The Byzantine Empire and England are going through a succession crisis.

7jYbE.jpg

Islam continues to lose ground.

ANhDd.jpg

And Greek culture continues its spread.

CYIlP.jpg

I can already feel it. Sometime soon, our son will achieve the long held dream of the Spartenos family. He will become Basileus!

Once I finish taking the territories I want from A-A and the Caliph I will do a long over due family update.

praetor

Arcane
is it just me, or half the images in the latest update don't work (just an imgur placeholder with "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available")?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want a grey atheist "religious map".

War against everyone fuck yeah

Norfleet

Is atheism even in the game? I think it'd be kind of hard to start a wars that way. You know how militant atheists are like.
atheistscartoons.jpg

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 43-Tragedy & Conquest

Alright. Let's finish up our war with Abyssinia.

xCPDb.jpg

After a brief wait, a siege is won.

lYMaO.jpg

kyOQX.jpg

And that pushes them over the edge. Praise be! Victory over the heathens!

XFfUL.jpg

iu67y.jpg

Egypt is finally added to my titles. I really like the coat of arms for Christian Egypt. It looks nice.

nswR7.jpg

Egypt's laws. We need to lower authority to medium and turn it into Agnatic-Cognatic like the rest of my titles.

VAJ6D.jpg

One part done, and I imagine my vassals will happily help me lower the authority there.

GND9u.jpg

Not long after it is suggested the lords of Egypt happily oblige me. My army finally makes it back to our territory not long after and I:

HKnnF.jpg

99qpI.jpg

OA5WK.jpg

Decide to troll some Muslims. Again.

09zwy.jpg

The army I send to Iberia. I am not going to be using as much of my army this time. I don't really think any of them are in any shape to really fight with me

anyway.

90xnz.jpg

The armies that get the honor of marching into Ethiopia and reclaiming it in the name of Orthodoxy.

UNvtO.jpg

Assault completed. I expect the Iberian Muslims will be surrendering soon since they are also fighting France and the HRE.

jqOHM.jpg

My vassals continue to spread the word.

hLwkJ.jpg

Well fuck me sideways. We are now playing as Ignatios. We have to shift ourselves back to being Sicily. I really wish it would remember my primary title from ruler to ruler.

ndspC.jpg

Oh mother of fuck. You better not die.

VdU6S.jpg

Some good news! We win the battle and capture the Sultan of Abyssinia!

Zvc4h.jpg

vH3VG.jpg

The Sultanate of Abyssinia is no more.

H1Kjg.jpg

I take this opportunity to scale down the crown laws in Egypt.

O5tgl.jpg

But before that is decided on the first rebellion occurs.

ucUhS.jpg

As my forces move to deal with all my issues, I create the Duchy of Gondar and hand it out.

QJMXP.jpg

The lords of Egypt agree to lower crown authority.

FQWkq.jpg

And my sister comes of age. I need to be careful who I marry her off to though.

pUcMS.jpg

I decide on the prince of Finland, because they are too far away to cause me any grief.

zpPPC.jpg

I have to retake the holding there.

uoHk7.jpg

Sounds fine to me.(It boosts the church's opinion of me)

Vpp1a.jpg

Sweet. That's what I like to hear.

EiRAF.jpg

More good news!

jcyfJ.jpg

My rebel stomping army is ready to go!

hqz0r.jpg

The rebel army is beaten.

qdLc1.jpg

News of more converts is like sweet music to my ears.

xsyAK.jpg

We win a siege down in Ethiopia! And another looks to soon be ending too.

X1J96.jpg

We are now married to the eldest daughter of the Byzantine Empress. Her son might have an accident if I have a son soon. Ignatios is currently wounded though so I don't want to start moving in that direction just yet.

JGBnJ.jpg

Another conversion.

Tmzsm.jpg

A holding is taken.

9SpSo.jpg

Rebel gonna rebel. Dumb-ass is handing me his province.

7OxPz.jpg

I hire some mercs to deal with him since my army is in the ass end of Africa.

A25Zv.jpg

Sounds like money well spent.(Majesty boosts monthly prestige)

jbOqg.jpg

Oh yeah!

NBpWh.jpg

OH YEAH!!! Another siege won.

uNP4T.jpg

Q1apN.jpg

And a war with it. I give the territory to the Doux of Gondar.

CL2xF.jpg

I get the distinct feeling Ignatios won't be lasting very long. Oh well.

NEPUt.jpg

A siege is won against the rebel dogs.

f6kss.jpg

He bounces back from the illness pretty quickly though.

a0ira.jpg

Progress is made against A-A.

3pBb7.jpg

A successful assault and:

wyKeL.jpg

xzG2M.jpg

Some transferring of vassals later and:

HgRfj.jpg

That duchy is whole now.

ddhJk.jpg

The rebels take a holding. It will be a very brief victory for them.

mK4Y4.jpg

We retake the holding as the rebels flee.

yVi3M.jpg

They didn't run fast enough though.

pBF6j.jpg

Rebel holding taken in N.Africa.

z18b4.jpg

oTJZL.jpg

Which is enough to convince her that it is only a matter of time until she is beaten.

kNdqd.jpg

Another successful siege on my enemy.

APSfr.jpg

He offers a white peace, I refuse.

oGSEL.jpg

27ros.jpg

Not long after and he is ready to surrender.

535rj.jpg

And I get my county.

srGLo.jpg

Tfw6S.jpg

The political map. As you can see the Muslims in Iberia were wiped out by France and her vassals. Hungary has taken about half of Croatia. The Golden Horde is marching oh so gradually westward. Also the Eastern Empire seems to be slowly pushing into Muslim lands as are the crusaders of the HRE.

LFUTB.jpg

gabww.jpg

Some religious maps. Africa is almost completely Orthodox, and the Hordes are sticking to their paganism.

9dLZm.jpg

v2ePV.jpg

And the culture maps.

dUOf9.jpg

And we now have had enough rulers that from now on I will have to take multiple shots if I want to include everyone. Poor Kallikios II, too soon was he taken from us.

Tune in next time as I pilfer the last duchies off of the Shia Caliphate that I want, and as I turn my attention to taking over the Holy Roman Empire, and start trying to make it Holy, Roman, and an Empire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom