Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: I want to be a Basileus!

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Could you tell us your biggest issue with plots? I'm not sure I caught that right.

Also, I'd literally have shat myself if most of the rebellions had ended. The Caliphate is one scary country. Keeps screwing me over when I try to play Abyssinia.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Could you tell us your biggest issue with plots? I'm not sure I caught that right.

Also, I'd literally have shat myself if most of the rebellions had ended. The Caliphate is one scary country. Keeps screwing me over when I try to play Abyssinia.

Well mine is a combination of what Kashmir said (they do the same thing over and over) but also that even if someone has a prefect 100 opinion of you they still plot against you, trying to lower authority, take a title, or kill your wife/children. (take a title is the most irritating one)

Also I really feel like CK2 needs additional modifiers for how a person feels about you besides just opinion. There should be things like fear and loyalty represented as well.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Ahhw, Kashmir, why did you have to delete your triple post? Now my joke isn't as funny. And yes, plots are somewhat annoying. Why even have an end plot button if they just plot again after that?

Tigranes

Arcane
Strangely I've never had that experience - I've been Basileus for over a century, which is just asking for plots, and I do get a fair bit, but none of this same-guy-same-plot-spam business. What really ticks me off is how rebellious movements never ever coordinate unless they build up a plot with 15 backers or something, but that's a different story.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, the only time I had the "same-guy-regular-intervals" business was when the vassal already had a claim on me or we had bad relations. As far as I can tell, it seems that relations do affect plots, except only in terms of the chances of the AI starting the plot in favour of another.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 32- The Caliph is Laid Low

As I run around trying to get my army put together, and several rebellions put down:

CgZHa.jpg

Another territory converts and:

qTHcP.jpg

The Caliph seems to be getting an army together again.

Not too terribly long later and:

cqnVf.jpg

Our forces arrive.

QMhSJ.jpg

We finish taking a province. Notice the warscore!

I rush everyone together and assault:

rt2Qf.jpg

Time to make the Caliph suck it down:

wEWQh.jpg

QAlYS.jpg

We win. For now. I expect to be jihaded soon. I need to attack very aggressively now.

Territory is handed out.

HjfOK.jpg

The Duchy of Damietta is created. And given to this guy:

g7TWz.jpg

Now. Using some of my funds:

ehtTF.jpg

GDj5R.jpg

LvLxG.jpg

Z4TLY.jpg

Time for the next step:

3vvGu.jpg

Conquer our way across North Africa until we come to our Doux!

vH1cJ.jpg

One army rallied another in the process of it.

ecomD.jpg

Assaulted and won.

yQVsI.jpg

A province converts as my second army moves to attack the enemy army.

3WeZ2.jpg

Success.

U0Hs6.jpg

QXWyn.jpg

Province taken.

Do you guys know what time it is?

u0P64.jpg

Rape time! I will pretty surprised if I am not staring down the horde in a few years due to the fractured nature of the region.

Another assault happens and we get some more child rearing:

mTmT2.jpg

wiItw.jpg

That's good. Now to finish this war.

6IAvv.jpg

Time to make our demands:

N4l4a.jpg

9t2tA.jpg

Tripoli is ours! Finally! The map will look so much nicer now!

Hand outs:

JgJMi.jpg

92Wf6.jpg

Now then! Moving on!

frGNn.jpg

I should probably let my levies replenish.

Pg74E.jpg

Or let my vassals mend their upset feelings over me using their troops so much.

However, that just wouldn't be much fun, and to be frank I smell blood in the water. So...

Iei3S.jpg

I attack the Shia Caliphate again. This time for Cyrennica.

That's this update. Here are some shots from around Europe:

Ak8lb.jpg

In Iberia, A-A is pretty well screwed. The rebellions are both still going and it looks like independence is going to be achieved.

L90vQ.jpg

The glorious kingdom of Sicily.

5urTq.jpg

Hungary and Poland are at war with the HRE over Wallachia. Croatia is also at war with Hungary.

ZcfTS.jpg

Scandinavia and the British Isles.

tjtP5.jpg

Normandy is in rebellion.

7OUSD.jpg

The Muslims.

KXuie.jpg

Everything else. Khwarizm is large but weak and at war with lots of people including the Khanate.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Imagine the entire northcoast of Africa inhabited by greeks, instead of muslims. Why don't we live in a world like that?

Sure, they'd be broke all the time, but the shithole factor would go down by a significant margin.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imagine the entire northcoast of Africa inhabited by greeks, instead of muslims. Why don't we live in a world like that?

Sure, they'd be broke all the time, but the shithole factor would go down by a significant margin.

Those are Romanoi not Greeks... Can't wait to see No Holy Non Roman Not Empire being chased behind the Alps. Also you can take those Venetian traitors and buld castle there changing it into Proper thema. I eventualy give all of them except Spoleto and Capua to my relatives.... With Sicily ruled by my Keiser and 5 others Duches in Spartenos hands.... Have also 3 themas inside Eastern Empire ruled by Spartenos and 4 others by Ducasa who are closely intamarried with them. :hero:

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 33-Chipping Away

So, as I am sure you remember, we ended the last update with a declaration of war on the Shia Caliphate.

oxkrf.jpg

We have now rallied people and deployed.

The reserve army heads to our isolated territory to help out. However before they arrive...

L0HRA.jpg

Not exactly great timing, but I will be pursuing this at some point.

U63GQ.jpg

Just as my army is about to engage the enemy, another province converts.

KKzXc.jpg

My army wins, and some prisoners are taken. Time to execute!

E6vhO.jpg

Not long after taking some heads, another little army rolls in, and gets wiped out.

D5yoa.jpg

And an enemy army all the way from Persia comes to me to get beaten. The Caliph called in Persia and Abyssinia to back him up in this.

Also I need to be sure and remember to change the laws for Africa when I win this war. I don't think it is updating properly as every so often, I get the title loss notification and it shows my brother taking it over, then it goes back to my daughter in a few days (which it shouldn't since it is Agnatic).

VjLh7.jpg

As more and more troops show up, I go ahead and disband my army over there, and opt to give them a chance to recover.

859IW.jpg

Somebody needs money so I oblige them.

NvXGg.jpg

First siege is won. The difficulty in this war is not the Caliphate itself but its allies, who have not been engaged in constant fighting.

5sOgw.jpg

The army of Abyssinia is beaten. Pursuit engaged.

TpiYb.jpg

They are wiped out shortly thereafter. However elsewhere:

BEn3X.jpg

The enemy takes a holding. That is all the army that the Caliph can muster though, so once I knock his allies around a bit, I should be able to take on just him.

ekKA9.jpg

Province taken. The army loads up onto the boats, travels around dealing with rebels, and then disbands.

K69qu.jpg

As my army rallies, another holding is taken. One great thing about all this African holdings is that they have huge garrisons, so my enemy have to take their time going through them, same as me.

KBhux.jpg

My army arrives. Attrition on the sea (even the short hop from Sicily to there) cost me about 3000 troops.

JtnpF.jpg

The battle is one-sided and I quickly assault and re-take my territories. Now back to the sieges. I assault and take one holding back in Cyrennica. In other news:

5jls2.jpg

Another conversion and...

MoYZZ.jpg

The Empire is growing.

Oh, and one other minor note:

7M65s.jpg

The Il Khanate has arrived in a big way and is now beating down Rostov.

HjI60.jpg

Capua goes Greek! Yay!

After waiting around for awhile:

sf4tZ.jpg

We win a siege. The army heads to deal with the enemy force in the area.

K7p5C.jpg

We win and return to our siege area.

jnANM.jpg

A few assaults later and the province is ours time to withdraw disband and re-raise, but first they go on a rebel stomping tour.

As my armies rally to go forth and enlighten some Muslims I notice something that I find rather odd:

YRkUW.jpg

Yes. Yes, that is a Mongol fleet. I have no idea how or why. Oh wait nevermind:

HN3Wi.jpg

Good thing they have exploded into civil war. For now.

Anyway back to us and our war:

ltkoT.jpg

We engage the enemy and win. Then pursue:

gajTM.jpg

And win some more and get some prestige.

2nvQ8.jpg

Eventually my secondary force shows up and we lay siege to what remains of our goal duchy.

I also take this opportunity to:

zoeMk.jpg

Hire some mercs to go and deal with small forces that show up to take over our isolated duchy.

As they move into position I decide to ask Croatia to join me in the war:

TG3St.jpg

And they agree? The Caliphate must be weaker than I though if they are willing to hope in.

DBrgk.jpg

The mercs deal with one small army, but there is an actual threat approaching. I will be keeping them near my boats in case I need to evacuate.

uP3xZ.jpg

We dodge them with our navy, but we need to go reinforce the main army.

ZWX7D.jpg

Croatia's dumb-ass is causing me attrition, so I throw every one together and assault. It goes well. Now to rush back to the other province and end this war.

7wbsB.jpg

I assault a few times, but I am still just shy of 100%, so I break off and pursue the small army, while the main enemy whittles itself to death.

rx6hr.jpg

The enemy wins a siege before I can finish off the small army and go after them, but they don't last much longer. Soon my troops set sail and engage the enemy:

RNEVf.jpg

JxA9K.jpg

OncwO.jpg

dCmVH.jpg

A battle, and a war, are won:

d9Cdc.jpg

gADG2.jpg

Land is handed out, and a title is usurped:

aZZVr.jpg

Now before I forget or get side tracked by another war:

l8hsC.jpg

1ketp.jpg

Now then. There should be no issues with the succession. Theoretically.

I also realize my old friend Mauretania is no longer at war so:

GhL14.jpg

I jack the ducal title from them. I think I will wait before taking the kingdom level title. Kallinikos is getting old, and I don't want my little empire

being split up because I doubt he will have ten years to reign on that title (he is 54). But I may change my mind.

Anyway that is this update. Here are some extra shots that show our situation and how the rest of the world is doing:

mkZur.jpg

Mmmmm. That's sexy. I really wish my Sicily was a nice Roman Red though instead of that lime green stuff it is.

m20Nl.jpg

We are taking back North Africa.

W0qNC.jpg

And we bring the light with us.

vs1Hd.jpg

A-A split, and France sits around doing nothing. Also part of Sardinia was inherited by Croatia. Hehehehehe.

IOrxR.jpg

Hungary and Poland lost. Boo. The HRE growing is never good.

GVL7M.jpg

The Caliph is coming back together, but his position is fragile. I will probably leave him alone for a bit, and let his vassals turn on him again before going after him again.

XgaPT.jpg

And the Il Khanate and those it is going to crush. I expect the rebellion will end soon in favor of the Khan. On a plus note if Rostov stay his vassal, it is possible the Khan might become Orthodox, which I would just love.

0Sv12.jpg

What a glorious line and what glorious incline.

kazgar

Arcane
There's a image double up where the first conversion should be (showing the claim on genoa twice)

But well done, be good to link up your north african holdings

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually I wouldn't recommend that. Southern Italy is good real estate, it's good to have your core ducal realm there.

XenomorphII

Prophet
There's a image double up where the first conversion should be (showing the claim on genoa twice)

But well done, be good to link up your north african holdings

Fixed.

And sorry, but I won't be moving to Africa. It is going to play a key role in overrunning Europe though.

Currently, I am only getting about a quarter of the possible forces out of Mauretania right now (soon to change) and have a max troop capacity of 30k. Compare that to France (who I loaded up as early to take a peak at their internal situation) who has about 36k max and is not growing, and I figure the HRE is probably in the 40-50k range. Point is all those delicious well developed African provinces are going to make Iberia a steamrolling, and then so on and so forth as I push east from there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom