Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So, update time!
BriK0001.jpg

Time to get some shit started.
BriK0002.jpg

Almekia is first on the chopping block this turn.
BriK0003.jpg

Not a ton of troops, but some pretty expensive ones, and that dragon is level 20+. Should be interesting.
BriK0004.jpg

Our own forces aren't too shabby either.
BriK0005.jpg

Alas, our only blue unit is Iria, and her weapon is black elemental, so she'll be totally fucked vs the dragon.
BriK0006.jpg

We let the enemy get the first attack off as usual.
BriK0007.jpg

Luckily for us they're beating on a wyvern I summoned just last turn to fill up some empty rune space. Total cannon fodder.
BriK0008.jpg

The wyvern even gets a crit and does some decent damage back.
BriK0009.jpg

Almekia actually has a really good unit composition, they'd be pretty hard to take down if the AI was decent.
BriK0010.jpg

Ulster takes some arrows for the team.
BriK0011.jpg

As you can see I've cleverly baited this foolish dragon into attacking Iria, as well as lining up 4 of our units for it's breath weapon, including 2 knights. The AI may be shit at keeping it's guys alive (which is really important) but it sure knows how to capitazlize when you make a mistake.
BriK0012.jpg

I've mentioned this before, but I love the fucking scale of things in this game.
BriK0013.jpg

As you can see, we didn't exactly come out on top here. Iria is one step above a ghoul as far as the dragon is concerned.
BriK0014.jpg

Jarlfrank gets in on some action too.
BriK0015.jpg

He's going to hit level 10 soon enough. Then he'll be even nastier.
BriK0016.jpg

I should look up what team made this and see if they're still around or made anything else. All I know off the top of my head is Atlus published it.
BriK0017.jpg

Iria makes a tactical retrat out of any potential danger. Leaving Ulster to fend for himself.
BriK0018.jpg

Andy throws a laser beam at the dragon. Moving closer to get 3 enemies lined up was tempting, but he'd die pretty easily and those units aren't that important compared to the dragon.
BriK0019.jpg

Jarlfrank goes in for some drago y drago action.
BriK0020.jpg

The result is... underwhelming. For multiple reasons besides just the level gap.
BriK0021.jpg

Still, it's a start to our potential gangbang.
BriK0022.jpg

We have defjam take a swing at the horseman over here rather than the dragon. He probably wouldn't fare much better than Jarl did to be honest.
BriK0023.jpg

Here, on the other hand, is pretty fucking successful. Take notes Azira.
BriK0024.jpg

Next we'll pit Cleve's titanium bones against the red menace.
BriK0025.jpg

By which I mean we'll chuck a rock bigger than the fucking dragon at him from total safety.
BriK0026.jpg

Nice damage for a ranged attack. Kind of lucky we got the hit too, accuracy on those is terrible. But there's no mana cost or anything.
BriK0027.jpg

One of these days we'll get him to level 20 I hope.
BriK0028.jpg

At this point I realize I've left our black man in range of a divine ray caster. That'll probably hurt quite a bit when their turn comes around.
BriK0029.jpg

I consider moving Ulster to minimize the potential firebreath, but then decide to cast a spell instead. We can area heal some of the damage afterwards.
BriK0030.jpg

And if we try hard enough we just might take out that dragon.
BriK0031.jpg

We're certainly well on our way.
BriK0032.jpg

We move a wyvern over here so that even if the dragon lives through this turn it won't be able to escape. It's only options are into the ZoC of our units, so it can move back 1 space at best, and that'd be giving up it's attack.
BriK0033.jpg

:bravo:
BriK0034.jpg

Hopefully he makes it through the fight.
BriK0035.jpg

Though even if he didn't, we already have the unit these things turn into at level 20 anyways, so it's not a big deal.
BriK0036.jpg

Cassidy is just going to chill back here and avoid any potential early suicides before hitting level 10.
BriK0037.jpg

I was thinking of giving Schutleis here the killing blow, but apparently he's capped his class level so it'd be kind of a waste. Not sure why I didn't change his class. Maybe he had no worthwhile options, or he was a quest whore?
BriK0038.jpg

We'll use him to soften the bastard up instead.
BriK0039.jpg

Knights vs dragons look so iconic in this. I really like the way they were both designed and animated.
BriK0040.jpg

As planned, the dragon is brought low (a bit lower than I expected actually, schutleis is fucking strong) and gets a counter attack in.
BriK0041.jpg

Our bro can handle it though.
BriK0043.jpg

Amd the finishing blow goes to this random ass level 1 wyvern. Not really who I would want to get the xp, but I really just want this fucker dead and out of our way.
BriK0044.jpg

We get the killing blow. The wyvern is already pretty hurt though, hopefully nothing finishes it off.
BriK0045.jpg

Big xp reward.
BriK0046.jpg

We gain 2 levels at once.
BriK0047.jpg

Did I say 2? I meant 5. :yeah:
BriK0048.jpg

Ulster exchanges brofists with a golem.
BriK0049.jpg

A lesser dragon gets a perfect acid breath off, but he's targetting some pretty healthy units so it won't matter.
BriK0050.jpg

Ulster absorbing more punishment from horsemen.
BriK0051.jpg

Perhaps he's a masochist?
BriK0052.jpg

Time for the fearsome enemy level 2 leader to take action.
BriK0053.jpg

Not only can he dual wield, he casts spells with his cock. How badass is that?
BriK0054.jpg

Luckily for us, his choice of target is fairly retarded.
BriK0055.jpg

Our dog-bro gives no fucks.
BriK0056.jpg

Our Djinn pulls off that nice 3 man laser beam we wanted earlier. 2 of the targets are black as well, we get a lot of damage out of this.
BriK0057.jpg

And a follow up kill.
BriK0058.jpg

Xp rolling in for this fight.
BriK0059.jpg

And of course the hit and away ability lets us get over to Ulster for some heals. Spoiler: this is stupid.
BriK0060.jpg

Jarl moves in and finishes off the ghoul for us.
BriK0061.jpg

Almost there man.
BriK0062.jpg

Trying to finish this fucker off is tempting, but he's in the woods now and gets an evasion bonus.
BriK0063.jpg

We'll send him after the brofistbot instead.
BriK0064.jpg

Fuck man, defjam is even dodging shit. Making you look awful Azira. Hopefully you can redeem yourelf in your next battle.
BriK0065.jpg

Enemy troops looking pretty thinned out now, and their healers are in kinda shitty positions.
BriK0066.jpg

Gerient's attack is named that because that's the weapon he has equipped.
BriK0067.jpg

Hmm, this could get ugly. But I think our wyvern can pull through right?
BriK0068.jpg

Scratch that, he's totally fucked.
BriK0069.jpg

We could have had golgepap standing here instead. Whoops.
BriK0070.jpg

Their other offensive efforts aren't quite so impressive.
BriK0071.jpg

Though they do manage to patch up their centaur.
BriK0072.jpg

Djinn clearly superior to angels, taking so little damage.
BriK0073.jpg

Aaaand a totally pointless protection spell.
BriK0074.jpg

Ulster casts his overpowered healing spell.
BriK0075.jpg

About 150 for nearly my entire team. :thumbsup:
BriK0076.jpg

And Cleve takes a swing at a pony because he's just that much of an asshole.
BriK0077.jpg

And Cleve takes a swing at a pony because he's just that much of an asshole.
BriK0079.jpg

Counter attack hardly dents his mighty neanderthal body.
BriK0080.jpg

Batercus dragon punches Schutleis as his counter attack. We got hp to spare though.
BriK0081.jpg

Unlike Batercus.
BriK0082.jpg

:dance:
BriK0083.jpg

Looks like we might have yet another level 10 giant soon.
BriK0084.jpg

Later bro.
BriK0085.jpg

And we captured a weak, pointless unit we didn'treally need. Uh, hurray?
BriK0086.jpg

:kfc:
BriK0087.jpg

Too bad Andy didn't have enough mp for a 3rd attack. He will be able to get 3 shots off from now on though.
BriK0088.jpg

We might be able to take this fucker out if we get some crits.
BriK0089.jpg

But no such luck for us.
BriK0090.jpg

We'll take the potshots anyways though. Free xp.
BriK0091.jpg

Fucker is on a roll.
BriK0092.jpg

We really were quite close to getting a kill here.
BriK0093.jpg

Gerient gets another crit when he counters. Jerk.
BriK0094.jpg

Not going to make a difference though.
BriK0095.jpg

Nor will the rest of their parting shots.
BriK0096.jpg

Though they sting a bit.
BriK0097.jpg

Elemental resistance ftw.
BriK0098.jpg

VICTORY!
BriK0099.jpg

More free xp of course.
BriK0100.jpg

Upgrade time for Cassidy.
BriK0101.jpg

Might have to name this fucker.
BriK0102.jpg

Strategic acquisition successful! Hah!
BriK0103.jpg

Err, that was also strategical.
BriK0104.jpg

Just like this!
BriK0105.jpg

Everyone is a small fish to us now.
BriK0106.jpg

Very mature dialogue as one would expect from our noble leader.
BriK0107.jpg

Touche!
BriK0108.jpg

:x
BriK0109.jpg

:mca:

BriK0110.jpg

I think we've had this discussion on the codex before. :deadhorse:
BriK0111.jpg

:smug:
BriK0112.jpg

BriK0113.jpg

:troll:
BriK0114.jpg

I thought about comparing paternus to a codexer, but honestly he looks pretty fucking cool. No way any codexer is rocking a haircut that manly.
BriK0115.jpg

Good luck with that whole punishing us thing. I'm sure Azira and our giant fucking dragon and the rest of our horde of high level monsters will totally fall before the might of god.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
defjam got lucky there, but I can dig it. Cool when another giant-bro shows off. :bro:
Now it's time for me to have some luck, I hope. :smug:

Damned Registrations

Played some more, moving into the second half of the game now, whence we begin to steamroll everyone with our carefully trained horde of monsters. If you haven't seen your character in a while he's probably just not been in combat for a while, I try to show everyone when they get in a fight but sometimes it's just not viable to send a unit in or a squad doesn't get into any battles for a while, I got about 50-60 different units to manage, so most people don't get a lot of the spotlight unless they're a really useful unit like a dragon that starts and ends a lot of shit.

Incidentally, a giant has hit level 10, been promoted to Gigas, and needs a name now. Suggestions?

Damned Registrations

Update time!
BriL0001.jpg

The (not so) mighty forces of Leonia.
BriL0002.jpg

Fucking high centaur movement man. Feels good.
BriL0003.jpg

Procrastinator will get there eventually.
BriL0004.jpg

I think the biggest flaw the AI has is that it doesn't set itself up in preparation for the fight, it only reacts once units are within attack range. We're all lined up to kick some ass while they're still in starting positions about to send guys in to attack that are totally cutoff from support from the other units.
BriL0005.jpg

First attack of the battle.
BriL0006.jpg

SerratedBiz gets beaten by the giant cock.
BriL0007.jpg

And then tentacle raped for good measure.
BriL0008.jpg

Time to buff Azira again because it'll be that much funnier if he misses.
BriL0009.jpg

Not going to move most of the troops up here, better to stay in formation.
BriL0010.jpg

Andyman tosses a cure spell on our ghoul bro to stop the seizures.
BriL0011.jpg

And now Paternus walks onto the front lines like a total retard. We're not going to give him a second turn to take advantage of this position.
BriL0012.jpg

SMA exchanges pretty fairly with him considering he has like 50% more hp to begin with.
BriL0013.jpg

And a level up. Nice.
BriL0015.jpg

And Dryst is busy fighting giant sacred chicken-cats.
BriL0016.jpg

Fortunately Dryst is a total badass and holds his own, unlike someone like Lance.
BriL0017.jpg

Note that the Cardinal class is partially blue elemental, not totally white.
BriL0018.jpg

Which means when we burn him...
BriL0019.jpg

It burns.
BriL0020.jpg

Not looking to hot there god man. :smug:
BriL0021.jpg

Unfortunately, Azira can't get to him to lay the smackdown. And the Gryphon would make a shitty target since both are white creatures and the bird is flying.
BriL0022.jpg

So we break formation and Azira beats the shit out of this hapless plant. Without getting paralyzed. Not too shabby.
BriL0023.jpg

Procrastinator's new class has a ranged ability.
BriL0024.jpg

But fuck that shit, theres a gap in the lines and it'd be a waste to keep 722 hp on the rear lines.
BriL0025.jpg

Rape success!
BriL0026.jpg

This is the centaur's attack range btw. 3 hexes. And can attack after moving (7 hex range.) Fucking insane.
BriL0027.jpg

The last enemy knight finally gets sortof near the fight, but only this Jinn can actually attack, and a level 1 Jinn isn't going to do much to those two.
BriL0028.jpg

Edward can hit pretty fucking hard even without power. Of course, it's also way more expensive and has shittier hit and evasion outside of water. Then again, fucking breath weapon man.
BriL0029.jpg

Ewww. The multiheaded one got tentacle raped.
BriL0030.jpg

Status effects all over the place here.
BriL0031.jpg

Little girl takes advantage of our paralyzed comrade.
BriL0032.jpg

Of course, even with an elemental bonus, she's still a low levelled spellcasting little girl and hits for fuck all.
BriL0033.jpg

Azira gets himself poisoned, but frankly theres nothing on the enemy team that is going to hit him very hard anyways.
BriL0034.jpg

Without power and with an elemental penalty, the counter attack is fairly weak.
BriL0035.jpg

SMA does the honors and finishes off the local bible thumper.
BriL0036.jpg

Pretty sure Dryst has one every time so far actually. Problem? :troll:
BriL0037.jpg

Mmmmm. :dance:
BriL0038.jpg

Double level up. That makes 3 since the start of the battle.
BriL0039.jpg

And we can capture a useless level 1 bird.
BriL0040.jpg

Powering up main cannon.
BriL0041.jpg

Not so we can fire it though.
BriL0042.jpg

Fuck you Andhaira!
BriL0044.jpg

Better cure Edward so he can... wait a sec, it wore off already. Nice.
BriL0045.jpg

Instead we patch up Serrated, who has been getting hit a lot lately.
BriL0046.jpg

anus pounder tries and fails to finish off the scorpion Azira fucked up. Not crits for us so far. Kinda lame. Well actually I think a wyvern got one or something but that hardly counts.
BriL0047.jpg

Procrastinator fires his might spine gatling gun of doom.
BriL0049.jpg

Take that fucker!
BriL0051.jpg

Hmmm. Spine cannon is actually even weaker than the already really fucking weak tentacle attack. Duly noted.
BriL0052.jpg

Powering up Azira again. If he gets a crit he might be able to take out the stupid little girl before she can retreat,
BriL0053.jpg

Alas, no dice.
BriL0054.jpg

He does get critically countered though :roll: I think that was 66 damage?
BriL0056.jpg

Level up time though. Though those aren't terribly impressive gains.
BriL0057.jpg

Comte gets to finish the little girl off. I'd have prefered Azira get the xp but he had to move before attacking before Comte could attack, so it couldn't be lined up that way.
BriL0058.jpg

Tasty. Why do we not have a rapeface emoticon?
BriL0059.jpg

Bye-bye girly.
BriL0060.jpg

Not quite the feast Paternus was, but plenty for a growing vampire.
BriL0061.jpg

BAM. Look at that STR and HP growth.
BriL0062.jpg

No STR this time, but again with the huge hp gains. I forgot this aspect of ghouls.
BriL0063.jpg

Lizardbro gets smacked by the flying cock as the last enemy knight prepares to retreat.
BriL0064.jpg

But this is actually a good thing. The xp for the counter attack is just enough to push the required xp for next level under 200.
BriL0065.jpg

Which means...
BriL0066.jpg

:incline:
BriL0067.jpg

Lots of :incline: to go around after this fight.
BriL0068.jpg

After this turn in general actually. Going to be a lot of promotions. Andyman slowly getting there.
BriL0069.jpg

Oh hell yes.
BriL0070.jpg

And the incline continues.
BriL0071.jpg

And our new recruit is off fucking around on a random quest.
BriL0072.jpg

If I know my genre, you're about to get fucked up dude.
It was dark inside. As Hyude stepped in, the door closed by itself. Hyude was determined to search about the tower. This webless tower seemed to have been abandoned by its owner long ago.

Then, sounds of the ground rumbling appeared from somewhere. When the tower itself was revealed to be the source of the sound, it was too late. Hyude was caught in the explosion!
BriL0073.jpg

Derp.
BriL0074.jpg

Lets hope redheaded witch girl fares better.
BriL0075.jpg

Dwarf: Hello, would you like to have this? It's free.
This seems totally legit.
BriL0076.jpg

Dwarf: Hey, what's wrong? Don't you like mushrooms? It is unlikely that a Knight is afraid of a tiny mushroom, don't you think?

The dwarf was staring at Victoria with a smile. Then, Victoria ate the mushroom... The mushroom tasted strange, but the taste was not bad.

Dwarf: How's that? That was my best one. Well then, I'll see you later.

So the Dwarf disappeared into the forest.

Oh yeah, how could this possibly go wrong?

Having walked for a while after separating from the dwarf, voices came from somewhere.

Squeaky voice: My throat has been strange lately. I can't sing as usual.

Calm voice: You should take care of yourself. Everyone is looking forward to hear you sing.

Victoria looked around... but found no one.

Squeaky voice: Hey, we have a guest here. Shall we greet the Knight?

Calm voice: There's nothing we can do. Humans can't understand our language.

Squeaky voice: You're right...

Victoria looked around again, but found only two birds chirping to each other on a branch. But Victoria could understand them as if humans were talking. Victoria understood the language of the birds! This must be the power of the dwarf's mushroom.

Squeaky voice: By the way, the thief came the other day to hide some treasure again.

Calm voice: Again? I bet he hid it in the hollow tree, right?

Squeaky voice: You're right. That guy does it all the time.

Calm voice: I wonder why no one has ever found them...

[Knight] was so excited to hear about their story! As Victoria got through the forest, Victoria found an old hollow tree. This must be the tree the birds were talking about. Victoria immediately checked the tree.
BriL0077.jpg

:kfc:
Surprised, Victoria went back to the birds to hear if there was anything else to learn. However, the power of the mushroom had expired and all Victoria heard were the chirping of the birds.

Actually thats kind of a shitty item but whatever, better than getting mangled.
BriL0078.jpg

So, our recruit is level fuck all, but has pretty decent stats. Can potentially make a decent addition to the team. Though he actually has a unique quest he can go on as well, which we'll probably do just for the hell of it.
BriL0079.jpg

But right now he's fucked up. Also, Victoria is back with Racofer, who hasn't gotten any action yet.
BriL0080.jpg

And we got promotions to dish out! But no spare rune power. Time to ditch some fodder units.
BriL0081.jpg

Oh hell yes. We'll be seeing him in action in the next update for sure.
BriL0082.jpg

Upgrading to high maintenance tranny.
BriL0083.jpg

(Though tbh, spekkio is more of a tranny, the demons are clearly female.)
BriL0084.jpg

And we get an addition to the brown lizard dude squad. These guys are fucking solid.
BriL0085.jpg

And moar vampires. Not nearly as solid, but a huge improvement over a ghoul and it's hard to complain about units this inexpensive.
BriL0086.jpg

Speaking of weak, inexpensive units...
BriL0087.jpg

At least the movement isn't so bad now. But man, scorpions are pretty weak. That hp is just so low.
BriL0088.jpg

And of course the nameless giant from the previous update.
BriL0089.jpg

Aaaand Schutleis. I considered just being lazy and leaving him in ranger class but fuck that he's low level and can potential multiclass quite well, though I probably won't give him enough xp for that before the game ends.
BriL0090.jpg

Ulster on the other hand, is going to get shitloads of xp just like Camden and become a spellcasting powerhouse.
BriL0091.jpg

It'll take a while, but the spell list will be totally worth it.
BriL0092.jpg

And we got these guys in the capital ready to fight again. I really want to level Cortina up some more. Huge rune power should be attached to a strong character, not someone this flimsy. I'll probably give her some of the units from Drysts squad once they meet up again.
BriL0093.jpg

We got some juicy targets lined up now.
BriL0094.jpg

And check out this map: I met my challenge of managing to border every single enemy country simultaneously. Now I can stop holding back and just finish people off. The game is going to move a lot faster from now on, and I'm starting to think about what I'll LP next. Got a few ideas, will probably put it up to a vote again.
BriL0095.jpg

But right now we still got work to do!
BriL0096.jpg

Hehe.
BriL0097.jpg

Camden going to lay on the smack down.
BriL0098.jpg

Also: PINCERED.
BriL0099.jpg

Invade my territory will you bitches? Going to pay for that shit.
BriL0100.jpg

?
BriL0101.jpg

Promotion apparently did not include a set of balls.
BriL0102.jpg

But :obviously: traits are intact!
BriL0103.jpg

BriL0104.jpg

Well, thats obvious.
BriL0105.jpg

See? Even this troll knows.
BriL0106.jpg

BriL0107.jpg

BriL0108.jpg

BriL0109.jpg

BriL0110.jpg

:lol:
BriL0111.jpg

BriL0112.jpg

BriL0113.jpg

:troll:
BriL0114.jpg

BriL0115.jpg

Camden confirmed sociopathic capitalist woman hater.
BriL0116.jpg

Bring it kiddo.
BriL0117.jpg

:obviously:
BriL0118.jpg

:smug:

Damned Registrations

Aside from my self imposed challenge being over, I've introduced most of the mechanics and different monsters, classes and abilities in the game, so I no longer feel compelled to show every last thing happening in the fight to explain it. The last battle got trimmed down to just 66 screenshots, despite being a proper 3 on 3 fight that dragged on for a bit. Though there was some stuff I wanted to show off I didn't get a chance to.

Debating on whether or not to put the poll for my next LP up already. I don't think I'll want to run it alongside this one anyways, so it's still at least a week or two off. Games I'm currently thinking of doing are Lufia 2, Dark Souls (not a full clear, but showing off a lot of shortcuts and how abusive you can be with overwhelming stats), Faster Than Light (Probably at least a couple runs, and definitely beating the end boss, on normal) and AI Wars (not sure how I'd do this one, probably a hardcore play with random features activated, much of which I'm still blind to. Though maybe a more vanilla play where I can win the game would be better.) Also toyed with the idea of reviving either the Touhou Labyrinth playthrough or my old Saga Frontier LP, but neither appeal to me much right now. A Valkyrie Profile or Star Ocean 2 LP would be cool as well, but also a massive undertaking I think I wouldn't want to get into right after Brigandine.

Damned Registrations

Update time!
BriM0001.jpg

Look, Procrastinator finally got off his ass and started to move on this map. :troll:
BriM0002.jpg

Anyways, this is actually going to be a bit tricky for us. Pincer attacks aren't really advantageous.
BriM0003.jpg

Since it basically means the enemy could all swarm after one side and wipe them out before the other can get there to help.
BriM0004.jpg

Though, luckily the enemy will wait for us to engage like usual.
BriM0005.jpg

This should be where things start.
BriM0006.jpg

Huh, that is an odd place to move to.
BriM0007.jpg

Guess he wanted the angel to get the hit in instead of himself.
BriM0008.jpg

Ow. Hard to defend with so few melee units, especially against fliers in these woods.
BriM0009.jpg

Clearly a brilliant strategist as well.
BriM0010.jpg

Anyways, we lined up over here to use THIS motherfucking epicness.
BriM0011.jpg

Buuuut.... I want more enemies in range. We only get to cast it once due to the extreme mp cost.
BriM0012.jpg

:rage: This fucker went after Cortina instead of Camden. This totally ruins my plan.
BriM0013.jpg

Also kinda hurts.
BriM0014.jpg

A lot. Could die here in fact.
BriM0015.jpg

But luckily they didn't get any crits.
BriM0016.jpg

Even this fucker is coming down as well. Kiloph is the only guy facing Camden, even though he's obviously massively outmatched.
BriM0017.jpg

Bastards.
BriM0018.jpg

Luckily we have some healing down here.
BriM0019.jpg

God these things take forever to hit level 10 when you play this way.
BriM0020.jpg

We have Miguel heal also, since he's not going to hit the monks very hard and the centaurs aren't terribly important.
BriM0021.jpg

Kaiserin moves into position to fuck up Raizen with a Curse spell. She might eat a Divine Ray in the process but should be pretty safe even then.
BriM0022.jpg

Monstrous Bat kicks the shit out of this fucker.
BriM0023.jpg

No petrification, but still a nice chunk of damage.
BriM0024.jpg

Meanwhile Camden is trolling up top.
BriM0025.jpg

And we set up a kill for Azira.
BriM0026.jpg

:declining:
BriM0027.jpg

Thats ok though.
BriM0028.jpg

Camden is a total bro.
BriM0029.jpg

Meanwhile Leonia's sexy half naked bodyguards continue beating up on little girls.
BriM0030.jpg

Also Miguel is getting nuked.
BriM0031.jpg

But it doesn't hurt that badly.
BriM0032.jpg

And Cortina is doing trolling of her own. :dance:
BriM0033.jpg

But this fucking asshole moved out of her spell range. :x
BriM0034.jpg

And to top it off he paralyzed one of our guys (the only status effect in the battle so far, despite us using 2 plants and a Roc.) It's a special ability of the spellcaster/monk hybrid classes.
BriM0035.jpg

Kaiserin fucks him up with a Curse though and earns some xp.
BriM0036.jpg

Cortina gets patched up again, this time with just one spell.
BriM0037.jpg

Lightbane finally sees some action. I was hoping on getting him to 10 this fight but the enemies are being total dicks about their positioning.
BriM0038.jpg

He does score a crit though. :bro:
BriM0039.jpg

Let the ethnic cleansing commence.
BriM0040.jpg

Not overwhelming damage...
BriM0041.jpg

But a lot of the targets have very low hp, like the centaurs and the angel, and theres a decent number in range.
BriM0042.jpg

I'd say that warrants an encore.
BriM0043.jpg

Commencing the shinyness!
BriM0044.jpg

Multiclassing ftw.
BriM0045.jpg

Nearly 1k xp between those 2 spells. Not too shabby.
BriM0046.jpg

And that masters the Cleric class. Now we can promote to the second tier of either sorceress or lector.
BriM0047.jpg

On the other end of the battle, Kz3ro is fucking shit up.
BriM0048.jpg

And our trusty giant bird cleans up. Probably the MVP of this battle, despite the lack of stoning.
BriM0049.jpg

:salute:
BriM0050.jpg

Indeed. :obviously:
BriM0051.jpg

Nice payoff.
BriM0052.jpg

Rather lousy stat gain there though. Ah well.
BriM0053.jpg

Fucker refuses to get paralyzed and counters with a crit.
BriM0054.jpg

HADOKEN.
BriM0055.jpg

Plant bro can tank it though.
BriM0056.jpg

And now it's time for man-child here to run away.
BriM0057.jpg

Force Retreat required since he has no allied castles bordering this place. Nobody gets left behind though.
BriM0058.jpg

Also, we perform some experiments after he leaves, but something went wrong.
BriM0059.jpg

Well, wronger than it was supposed to. Guess this is another spell I'll show off some other time.
BriM0060.jpg

For now, :drink:
BriM0061.jpg

Well earned promotion on it's way.
BriM0062.jpg

Another step closer to world domination in the name of Dear Dryst.
BriM0063.jpg

And closer to having some really elite codexers.
BriM0064.jpg

Well, now that that is out of the way...
BriM0065.jpg

Time for more fighting! :mob:
BriM0066.jpg

Until next time...

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
If I remember correctly there was a post made by you where we picked what game to LP with the list of the games are being polled, I can't remember the thread title though, I believe Lufia 2 was there?.
What is there to LP FTL? It's a casual and somehow random game.(although very fun and addictive)

Edit oh and the update

Damned Registrations

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lp-pick-my-next-lp.68748/ was the last poll. Bit of info on Lufia 2 there if thats what you're looking for. It and Ogre Battle were tied for 2nd place, but I'm not really in the mood for Ogre Battle right now, too similar to Brigandine in the army building aspect, though I love it to death.

FTL is actually a bit deeper than it appears at first glance, a lot of weapons and upgrades have uses that aren't apparent at first. It'd definitely be the shortest of the LPs I could do though.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yes, that was the thread ,thank you. In FTL different ships play differently at start but since the weapon progression is random (looted or whatever available at the stores), you just make it as you go along.
I was able to unlock stealth cruise and engi ship (in addition to the federation one you get for completing the game) and trying unlock mantis ship by picking mantis sectors mostly (I don't want to read the walkthrough for how to get one). I'd love to see a succesful stealth cruiser game.I'd never get past the 4th sector with that ship

Damned Registrations

Last time I played FTL was with the Mantis cruiser. Won with the starting weapons. You can definitely focus on different aspects of the game, it's not like you have to rely on stores and weapon drops to win. That cruiser is incredibly flimsy though, but it's probably one of the ships I'd want to try play if I do that game.

Marvelous, keep on crushing.

As for the next LP, I'd love to see more weaaboo faggotry, but anything else will do just fine.

lightbane

Arcane
I'll wait until this lp is over before choosing. In the meantime, moar!! The world is not going to conquer itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom