Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Update time!

Bear with me here, I played this part like, a month ago. Still, should be interesting.

BriH0002.jpg

So to recap: We're kicking major ass on a strategic level, but haven't yet quite met my goal of bordering all enemy countries simultaneously.
BriH0003.jpg

Last update gave us enough xp for some promotions.
BriH0004.jpg

Some of which matter more than others.
BriH0005.jpg

Frigging ghouls. Too many of em. Argh.
BriH0006.jpg

And we stole a couple of extremely powerful units from Esgares.
BriH0007.jpg

Of course, those units are in a bad position and need to be recalled to defend us from Leonia, so they probably won't fight for this turn.
BriH0008.jpg

Instead, lets send some greener troops to go fuck with Esgares at another castle, since they're toughest guys are licking their wounds and rebuilding their armies.
BriH0009.jpg

:yeah:
BriH0010.jpg

So, lots of heavy units defending a bridge with a strong as fuck wizard backing them up. Should be easy.
BriH0011.jpg

Schutleis can take the bridge solo I'm sure.
BriH0012.jpg

Their cavalier wanders off to pick on our wyvern. Which is good, since he's basically just bait anyways. I'm hoping to draw Gish over more though.
BriH0013.jpg

Draq shows the fatty lizards who's boss.
BriH0014.jpg

And Monstrous Bat makes me question whether or not I should 'upgrade' him into a Phoneix when he hits level 10 or keep him in this form for the kickass petrification.
BriH0015.jpg

Was thinking our princesses would be safe there but didn't notice the enemy Hellhound. 127 is a lot of damage for a fairy (Or for Cortina, for that matter)
BriH0016.jpg

Kicking ass and taking names.
BriH0017.jpg

Well, I did place her here for a good reason though.
BriH0018.jpg

Raep tiem.
BriH0019.jpg

Hmm, not quite enough.
BriH0020.jpg

Only 374 xp. No kills. Hardly a success. Has my fractactical genius failed us?
BriH0021.jpg

Nope.
BriH0022.jpg

Fairies have a spell called 'React'. It probably doesn't do anything important though.
BriH0023.jpg

:M
BriH0024.jpg

It certainly couldn't be overpowered bullshit that would let me cripple an army with a single tier 1 spellcaster in one turn.
BriH0025.jpg

Ugh, how do you miss a statue? I mean, I could understand if you were trying a flyby shit dropping, but in melee?
BriH0026.jpg

Soon we shall have more strong lizard bros.
BriH0027.jpg

:hmmm:
BriH0028.jpg

This strikes me as not a good thing.
BriH0029.jpg

Nice counter hit though.
BriH0030.jpg

Thats Geno thunder by the way. Also Not A Good Thing (tm)
BriH0031.jpg

Cleve's Titanium bones shrug off the attack, but we've lost our giant bro. :cry:
BriH0032.jpg

Well shit.
BriH0033.jpg

Yeah that isn't good either.
BriH0034.jpg

Was kinda hoping they'd retreat honestly.
BriH0035.jpg

Though at least they picked the dumbest possible use of their unicorn.
BriH0036.jpg

Cleve will solve everything for us.
BriH0037.jpg

Fucking Cleve is going to need to step it up a notch.
BriH0038.jpg

Area heal to the rescue. And Draq is in dire need of some rescue.
BriH0039.jpg

Was hoping the arrow would take more than half his remaining life. If it only did 84 we won't be able to finish this fucker with just a centaur attack.
BriH0040.jpg

Mira's hardly done anything so far, she was at the back of the enemy group when shit went down.
BriH0041.jpg

Well, thats not good.
BriH0042.jpg

Draq is kind of a total pussy with his boss around.
BriH0043.jpg

Well fuck.
BriH0044.jpg

Fried lizard on a stick, anyone? The enemy sure likes getting xp by killing shit more than winning battles.
BriH0046.jpg

Lame ass bishop only has enough MP for a single area healing spell.
BriH0047.jpg

Option 2 is decent as well however.
BriH0048.jpg

The screenshot makes this spell look so bad. It's actually pretty cool in motion, considering the platform.
BriH0049.jpg

Fried dog goes well with fried lizard.
BriH0050.jpg

I'd love to send him in to fuck things up in melee, but thats a bigass agility differential,
BriH0051.jpg

So we play it safe instead.
BriH0052.jpg

Though being safe doesn't get you very far. Not without a Halo spell anyways.
BriH0053.jpg

So, both sides are pretty fucking worn down. We lost a knight already, but Roecod is essentially out of commision too (except his monsters are still around.)
BriH0054.jpg

Guess we're going to lose our bait wyvern. :salute:
BriH0055.jpg

:retarded:

Actual luck, on our side?
BriH0056.jpg

Guess the cpu doesn't want to see a Mira - Clevian cage match either.
BriH0057.jpg

Both spear throw and rock throw work the same way- you can't use them after moving but they cost no mp. I think They both have to hit and damage penalties as well.
BriH0058.jpg

Bait Wyvern survives another encounter. Definitely getting a name promotion if it lives to the end of this.
BriH0059.jpg

And Johannes fucks up our biggest threat. Things are looking up.
BriH0060.jpg

: x
BriH0061.jpg

117 damage is nothing for a mighty neanderthal golem.
BriH0062.jpg

Schutleis has been pretty boss for this fight too I think, despite the lack of screenshot evidence.
BriH0063.jpg

This centaur on the other hand....
BriH0064.jpg

:x
BriH0065.jpg

Well, free kill for someone else I suppose.
BriH0066.jpg

Overkill is the best kind of kill.
BriH0067.jpg

Mira starting to look a bit nervous perhaps?
BriH0068.jpg

Schutleis can handle this shit all day long.
BriH0069.jpg

Orly?
BriH0070.jpg

Yeah a critical attack from a little girl with a stick isn't going to cut it here, sorry.
BriH0071.jpg

All fear the mighty Gish!
BriH0072.jpg

Oh right, no mp. Something about spamming Geno-thunder.
BriH0073.jpg

Weaker codexers being held in reserve at the start get to come forward to mop shit up now.
BriH0074.jpg

Paralysis would have been so nice here.
BriH0075.jpg

Or here.
BriH0076.jpg

Where does Cleve get his rocks you might ask?
BriH0077.jpg

He prays for them of course.
BriH0078.jpg

Physics be damned!
BriH0079.jpg

Dragons be damned too!
BriH0080.jpg

Fuck you dragon!
BriH0081.jpg

:yeah:
BriH0082.jpg

Arrows work too.
BriH0083.jpg

I swear this guy has killed so many dragons in this LP so far.
BriH0084.jpg

Which makes it rather a shame that he's a fairly sub par knight.
BriH0085.jpg

Mira is totally outnumbered now.
BriH0086.jpg

This could get ugly.
BriH0087.jpg

But it doesn't. Not ugly enoguh anyways.
BriH0089.jpg

:thumbsup:
BriH0090.jpg

Pity we didn't get to kill him, level 21 Wizard is a lot of xp.
BriH0091.jpg

We give the last free kill to our Wyvern bro. He earned it.
BriH0092.jpg

Some random battle reward level ups I'm sure, only this one didn't get mangled.
BriH0093.jpg

Hell yes.
BriH0094.jpg

I have no idea what this battle is even going to be like. I'm assuming easy, since Caerleon is basically fucked.
BriH0001.jpg

We'll find out next time.

Damned Registrations

Just hiatus. I'll try to do an update this week. Too much interesting distracting crap to play lately. But this is still a solid game to LP I think, the only one I ever really abandoned was the SaGa Frontier one, because transcribing the dialog for that was a nightmare, and the feel of the game didn't translate well into screenshots anyways.

Damned Registrations

I'll get around to it I swear! Probably. If I do do one this week you'd better be fucking grateful for it though. Dragon's Dogma and and the expansion for Binding of Isaac both have me drooling.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, sorry about the thumb down up above. I was well and truly drunk last night and apparently acted like a dick. Take your time, I'm just happy this LP isn't completely abandoned. :hug:

Damned Registrations

Update Time!

Just a short one to get back into the groove of things. Next oe shall be longer. Also, some excellent news for this LP: During the long(ish) hiatus some new graphical drivers came out. Every screenshot was perfect this time, AFAICT. So these will be much less work for me weeding out duplicates and much higher quality for you with no important shit missing. Anyays....

Battle is afoot!
BriI0002.jpg

So our forces consist of some poorly balanced units of mostly low levels...
BriI0003.jpg

But the enemy is far more fucked. Well, it was just Caerleon. We'll move our units into position on auto mode since they'll probably just flee in terror anyways.
BriI0004.jpg

Caerleon makes the first attack instead.
BriI0005.jpg

What fucking moron put a Centaur on the front lines anyways? :embarassed:
BriI0006.jpg

Well, they're certainly putting up a decent fight considering how fucked they are. Maybe they're blocked off and can't retreat. In which case we can milk them for all the xp they're worth by killing every last monster.
BriI0007.jpg

But first we'll bring our brave shocktrooper into the rearguard so he doesn't die. This map sure is a pain in the ass without predominantly flying or swimming units.
BriI0008.jpg

We commence inane bombardment.
BriI0009.jpg

I could have gotten Cai too by getting closer, but they could actually pretty much rape to death anything in a hex adjacent to Merriot between Cai, Beauarte and that demon.
BriI0010.jpg

So we settle for the slow and steady approach.
BriI0011.jpg

Except for this gryphon. Because it's a level 1 n00b and because fuck Merriot. OP bitch.
BriI0012.jpg

Hah! Take that!
BriI0013.jpg

Their golem takes a chunk out of Gallo this time...
BriI0014.jpg

...but Gallo desperately wants to avoid being relegated to the shit team and tries to show off.
BriI0015.jpg

:smug:
BriI0016.jpg

Hmm, not too bad. But not jaw dropping either.
BriI0017.jpg

Gallo takes an arrow to the knee, which also seems to be severing space itself. I'm pretty sure this is just a game graphical bug though. It's only visible for like 1 frame.
BriI0018.jpg

Gallo looking kind of fucked up now.
BriI0019.jpg

And this won't help.
BriI0020.jpg

This guy is the main reason we have to be cautious even against such meagre troops.
BriI0021.jpg

Fucking asshole. I want that spell!
BriI0022.jpg

Well I was pretty much expecting this though.
BriI0023.jpg

So even though it's bringing our guys pretty damned low,
BriI0024.jpg

nobody dies from this.
BriI0025.jpg

The gryphon had the most hp to spare.
BriI0026.jpg

Though it probably won't be enough against that. Farewell Ser Fodder.
BriI0027.jpg

Well I'll be damned. Remind me to name this fucking bird.
BriI0028.jpg

We move in some of our heavier hitters to show this pile of rocks how to get shit done.
BriI0029.jpg

Yeah, fuck you Clay1C!
BriI0030.jpg

Well I'll be damned.
BriI0031.jpg

We can't move the rest of our units in now because that fucker is blocking us and we can't attack him, so we settle for healing up the Gryph-bro so he doesn't die before we can pull him back. All praise be to spekkio!
BriI0032.jpg

Enemy healer has the same idea it seems.
BriI0033.jpg

Except his idea is dumb because we are awesome.
BriI0034.jpg

Not exactly the unit I wanted a double level up on, but whatever.
BriI0035.jpg

Oh fuck, really? I could have killed this bitch but didn't think they'd run.
BriI0036.jpg

We exchange some meaningless parting shots before the battle ends...
BriI0037.jpg

But ultimately they all escape.
BriI0038.jpg

:x
BriI0039.jpg

Still, free victory xp nets us a few levels.
BriI0040.jpg

Do any of these people even still watch this lp?
BriI0041.jpg

I should have named like 6 different units Azira or something. There's an idea. In honour of bumping the shit out of this thread, Azira can name that gryphon whatever he likes. I should have done something like that for the names from the start.
BriI0042.jpg

So, glolious victoly is ouls.
BriI0043.jpg

Err, pretend I didn't post this one. We'll fix this in the next battle.
BriI0044.jpg

Or the battle after the next battle apparently.
BriI0045.jpg

This should be a lot more significant.
BriI0046.jpg

Not too shabby. Pity he's missing 30 levels of monsters we stole from his country.

BriI0001.jpg

Azira will get to see some action in the next update, along with procrastinator. Although, you can hardly see his unit here (assuming he recalls what it is.)

Fighting in the name of Inanity alongside the mighty Azira... :eek: Can't wait for the next update.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:kfc:

I vote we name the gryphon MHC, in honour of the prolific LPing he has displayed lately. :salute: It'd be messy to have more than one monster carry my name. :M

Damned Registrations

Played some more. Will update... probably in the next few days. I have resolved the mystary of dextermorgan's whereabouts.

Damned Registrations

Update not actually going to be until next month. My bandwidth is pretty much already over it's limit and I don't want to upload all those pictures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom