Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Aleshar: World of Ice

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hmm... There are three "bosses", so I am guessing you are at the final one?

Demon > Rock Troll Thing > Another Demon

Originally, I somehow fucked up the game and/or the storyline. I had all the artefact weapons you could find, had done everything the plot so far had hinted at... Not sure if the game even told me to enter the shrine yet at that point, but I couldn't progress the storyline, so I went there anyway... the final boss wiped the floor with me, despite having grinded up pretty much everything.

After failing to harm it with even balefire (and having saved AFTER I entered), I ended up just teleporting away... which triggered the end of the game scene ;-)

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Not having "mana points" or "fixed" spells - is so refreshing.

Also channeling too much power into spells kills your mage - channel too low and you do less damage, awesome - risk and reward done perfectly.

This is probably best magic system i've ever saw. Not telling exact damage, but just giving descriptions is perfect too.

Some questions: how to fix limbs - healer do it? and would i need money in game for important things besides herbs and how much they slow me down if i have plenty of them?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also i can finish game without using weapon skills, i only use bow to finish some enemies or there are bosses/enemies immune to magic, whom i need kill?

What was your character class? I play bard with high Int, looks it DO help to cast magic.

Johannes

Arcane
Hmm... There are three "bosses", so I am guessing you are at the final one?

Demon > Rock Troll Thing > Another Demon

Originally, I somehow fucked up the game and/or the storyline. I had all the artefact weapons you could find, had done everything the plot so far had hinted at... Not sure if the game even told me to enter the shrine yet at that point, but I couldn't progress the storyline, so I went there anyway... the final boss wiped the floor with me, despite having grinded up pretty much everything.

After failing to harm it with even balefire (and having saved AFTER I entered), I ended up just teleporting away... which triggered the end of the game scene ;-)
I recall someone telling you that only the artifact weapons could harm that demon. I don't know if there was another way though, I definitely remember harming it but not enough to finish it. Which was also why having the Heronblade from the dungeon instead of the other Heronblades might've been important. Don't remember the exact plot sequence though.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Need help with Aleshar: how to kill demon at dungeons of cult of wisdom. He seems to ignore magic and going melee is suicide.

Any chance getting more shrines will help (need locations, except water one) - is any spell will work on him?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If that is the first one... with the priest summoning him and stuffies... Buff yourself, buff the priest. If everything else fails, load earlier save and level up your combat skills a bit.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If that is the first one... with the priest summoning him and stuffies... Buff yourself, buff the priest. If everything else fails, load earlier save and level up your combat skills a bit.

I mean, he is immune to magic or its just my luck with him resisting all i throw at him?
And buffs are better to be used?
(i dont plan to melee him since he kills me in 1 hit usually)

Also, you know shrine coordinates, except water.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron

I mean, he is immune to magic or its just my luck with him resisting all i throw at him?
And buffs are better to be used?
(i dont plan to melee him since he kills me in 1 hit usually

From my walkthrough:
Fight your way to the third level of Citadel of Wisdom dungeon. Once you come across a door that is not locked, gather all the infiltrators still alive with you. They'll buy you extra seconds. Do not kill the priests inside, try to reach the stairs on your right instead.

I think I had to melee him, having a few meat shields buffed up helped a great deal.

Also, you know shrine coordinates, except water.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090103161650/http://gamma.nic.fi/~ribla17/alesharplaces.html

Johannes

Arcane
IIRC you can use the spell which throws enemies around, and that the demon won't resist. So bang him on a wall enough times and it'll go down. Could be just my memory failing though, but try it.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Stuck at same place as poster: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/before-i-give-up-on-aleshar.37872/

After seer die, i talk to Brin (in Dwarlow) and Fras in Snowhold. Per walkthough this suppose to trigger next mission but this never happens (as author described in link above). I was told by seer to go to Dwarlow to ask about legendary weapons (i didnt find anyone) so left off to Sanctuary (how i am supposed to learn its location by myself? maybe missing step here). Got heronblade (you can skip part with magic weapons OR maybe you need 3 of them?).

Help will be very appreciated.

p.s. "Not sure if the game even told me to enter the shrine yet at that point, but I couldn't progress the storyline, so I went there anyway" <- what shrine? if my game is stuck after seer death, it is possible to finish game by visiting this shrine and where is it (H'R - F'W)?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Well, I think you can go directly to Shelan Starbeam, even if you haven't "discovered" the legendary weapons.

Sanctuary is I'D - F'L, but it should also be on your map...

vhsIIl.jpg

There are a few triggers still left before the "endgame" starts (the scouting parties of the church of wisdom need to appear).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Made it to the last boss: spell combo S+E+A dont work on yourself. Though it still works on enemies or empty spaces (as Chasm).

Am i missing something, maybe its different combination? Also its possible to kill demon in honest fight?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
It should be. You're probably missing the same clue as I did.

Did you equip the ring?

Or use the true heronblade or whatever.

It might be that I fucked up w. the teleport spell runes, I think the spell was called gate something in the "manual". The one that teleports you away.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
1) What ring? I found none.

2) _True_ heronblade? I got one from sorrow in proper dungeon. Not sure if this is right one, since all sorrows use heronblades, though not all of them drop, got from 3rd one. Or you mean, "true" heronblade is lying on ground, like other 2 magic weapons in proper dungeons?

3) Spell in the manual, you mean - Shrinegate? (all 5 runes are used) It works only above ground, teleports you to shrines. Didnt work inside dungeons.
List of spells i found not in manual, but on abandonia site (though manual suggests there is spell that dont require Spirit rune but have more then 3 runes. Such spell not listed).

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah, there is a dungeon with heronblade in it like for the 2 other weapons. I have no clue if it's different from the heronblades those dungeon critters and some townsfolk have, in either stats or effect vs that boss. IIRC it has the same description, which is especially annoying if you've got several heronblades in inventory and they actually are different (my guess would be that they are).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Yes, shrinegate it is. It teleported me to the shrine entrance. Theoretically they could've fixed the "glitch" in a later patch so you couldn't use it to bypass the end boss, but I doubt it.

My best bet is that there is a trick to the boss, like the previous ones. I didn't manage to find it out myself though, he proceeded to rape me no matter what. Maybe one of the bards or somesuch would give a hint, who knows.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Strange, shrine gate didnt work for me to teleport out inside dungeons. Will test other combos.

And what about ring?

True heronblade was lying on floor or i am supposed to get it from Sorrow in proper dungeon?

Johannes

Arcane
I'm pretty sure beating that boss is linked to the artifact weapons. Like somebody telling that only they can harm it, or you must strike it in sequence with all 3 maybe - which would require the heronblade lying on a dungeon floor, presumably. Now I got an itch to finally finish this game...

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Sartryns, after you escape from top of citadel of wisdom, tell you that he is weakened after you hit him with 3 weapons.
I am not sure if i got right heronblade, because unlike other 2 magic weapons, i got it from sorrow, though from proper dungeon, but still.

I just finished game :) Awesome ending by the way, though unexpected.

SPOILER:

To kill boss, you can bug him, when fight starts you must go left-down, he wont follow you, then around the corner, closer to him. He will just stand in place, unless you come in melee range. Then you use Stay hand (W-S-A), which prevents any damage to you for 9 or 10 rounds. So you stay in 1 move away from him, buff, do move to melee range and hit him 7-8 times, then move back and wait to regain endurance. Repeat.
Try to hit same spot, basicly he has 4 spots (2 behind, 2 in front), they all have their own hp meters it seems, so you hit only one part of him.

If you mess up, you probably die in 1 hit, at least in chain shirt.

I am not sure if you NEED specific weapon to kill him.

BUT i got special message 1 time from stormaxe and 1 time from dragonblade, never did get message again. From heronblade, i never got message, so probably i didnt had right one.

Then i spend like 40 minutes hitting him with Heronblade, then he got to Criticaly wounded condition, then like 10 minutes nothing happened to his hp. Then i used Dragon weapon again like 2 minutes and then Stormaxe again, 5 minutes and he died to it.
So i am not sure if he die because of some Stormaxe proc (and hitting him with Heronblade didnt helped), or Stormaxe just added damage to Heronblade already did.

Took around 1 hour.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also on difficulty, anyone have clue what Chronicle, Legend, Fairy-tale (limited game) means?

Also why no magic never harm you?

Also why some stats and skills go up and why some never go up.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Update 2012: Magicka Arcana

As if drawn by some arcane power, I find myself in the snowy wastes of Aleshar once more. Shivering in the cold, worn down by my heavy armor and the stinging from the wounds covered underneath. The wounds I received... killing unarmed men in their sleep.

I stand on the doorstep of a nondescript hut in the middle of the wilds. The touch of the old man has woken up something in me, something I cannot quite grasp yet...

So... the old man told me to find this tome, sending me on yet another wild goose chase. To Snowhold it is then, it is not like I have any other options.

Not two steps from the house and the weather turns bad. How we are able to maintain life in this god forsaken place escapes me.

aleshar_001.jpg

Unable to take directions from the sky with my sextant, I stumble blindly in the blizzard... Suddenly, I feel a presence - someone, or something is there!

aleshar_002.jpg

A huge snow giant stands in front of me, brandishing a mean looking club.

aleshar_003.jpg

With the wounds I've sustained, I don't feel that I have a chance against the beast. But then I remember the seer's words and the warmth of that mysterious energy that coursed through my veins. Maybe I could wield that energy against the giant?

As I concentrate myself, an image of five runes appears in front of me. Though I've never seen them before, I inherently understand the meaning behind each of them.

Fire, that which destroys
Air, that which moves
Earth, that which are solid
Water, that which flow
Spirit, for the void that never was

aleshar_004.jpg

If I concentrate on a rune, it begins to move. Each rune brings it's own flow of magic to play. If I combine several, the effect will be different. If I open myself more to the power, the runes start spinning faster and glow.

I decide to start with fire. May mighty flames soar the filthy giant!

aleshar_005.jpg

I release the magics and target the giant.

aleshar_006.jpg

And...

aleshar_003.jpg

...nothing happens! Though I think I could feel a slight sizzle in the air.

I franticly try again. And again. And again.

Yet nothing happens. Though mere seconds have passed, I'm suddenly feeling very exhausted.

aleshar_007.jpg

Somehow, threading further seems dangerous. Should I run instead?

I decide to give it another try. I concentrate on the flow of fire, open myself so that just a trickle of power flows through me and mentally target the giant...

aleshar_008.jpg

I can only stare in amazement as small crimson fires consume the flesh of the towering beast.

Then the exhaustion strikes me. I got lucky. Another casting would've been the end of me. After regaining my breath, I limp away, leaving the charred corpse to the carrion eaters.

Thus I continue my journey. Hunting for game, slogging though the horrible weather.

Ambushers come up once in a while.

Pesky goblins are no match for me. I scorch them with magic and tear the rest apart with my sword.

aleshar_009.jpg

Then I am set upon by some human bandits. Bah! No challenge for a slayer like me, I say and prepare fiery death for them.

aleshar_010.jpg

Oh... It seems that...

Oh shit.

aleshar_011.jpg

Maybe a beginner swordsman shouldn't try to fight two hardened killers after all.

aleshar_012.jpg

I prepare a spell of restoration and try again from the seer.

Once more, I trek towards the town. Hunting for rations when necessary...

aleshar_013.jpg

...orienteering with the sextant

aleshar_014.jpg

And fighting off ambushes

aleshar_015.jpg

I come to understand magic a bit better.

Some creatures seem to be very resistant to magic, causing my spells to fail. The lull of channelling more power for stronger magic is hard to resist, but I realize that I have very little control over it now. Sometimes I end up channelling more than I intended. The results are spectacular - simple flame turns into mighty explosion. Yet the costs are high as well. Carelessness could lead to death.

Musing over my findings, I finally see the silhouette of Snowhold looming in the horizon.

aleshar_016.jpg

First things first, let's visit the healer and get those wounds mended.

aleshar_017.jpg

Much better! I no longer shit my pants whenever I have to exert myself!

aleshar_018.jpg

Then I find the sleazy bard lounging the in the inn.

aleshar_019.jpg

Having found the location, I leave the town. Nothing left to do here anyway.

aleshar_020.jpg

I enter the damp dungeon.

The place seems empty. I find a sizeable cache of gems lying on the floor, but nothing else.

aleshar_021.jpg

Eventually I encounter stairs that lead to a lower floor.

aleshar_022.jpg

It seems that there is life in the dungeon after all. But a mere goblin doesn't faze me.

aleshar_023.jpg

It doesn't take long for me to realize my folly. Those goblins wear armor, carry steel weapons and are more skilled in their use than I am!

The goblin chief I fought nearly cleanly cleaved my head off.

aleshar_024.jpg

I have to be more careful if I am to survive.

aleshar_025.jpg

I fight goblin after goblin, using magic to take as many of them down before they get to me.

Yet still I end up fighting them hand to hand, receiving more wounds.

aleshar_026.jpg

Fighting three or four of them at the same time, I am forced to be creative with magic. It seems that channeling air, for example, allows me to fling the goblins colliding at each other in the narrow corridors of the dungeon.

aleshar_027.jpg

I slay goblin after goblin.

aleshar_028.jpg

Yet they are coming from every direction. It seems as if they spawn from the shadows itself.

aleshar_029.jpg

The constant onslaught wears my body down. A nick there, a stab here... Eventually I am too winded to block and grievous blows come through.

aleshar_030.jpg

I spend all of my bandages, yet they are not enough to stop the bleeding in my shattered leg.

In desperation I channel water into myself.

aleshar_031.jpg

The wounds close, but I am struck by vertigo that I've never experienced.

aleshar_032.jpg

Every step I take with my shattered leg sends searing red flames through my spine. Every step is agonizing eternity.

Being hardly able to walk, dancing with the blades of the goblins is impossible.

Is this it?

Through mountains of corpses, I make it to the stairs.

aleshar_033.jpg

After a quick retreat to heal my wounds, I try again.

aleshar_034.jpg

A cautious advance is rewarded. I find a strange room with pillars, with a pile of valuables at the centre.

Amidst the gems lies a tome.

aleshar_035.jpg

The book is written in runes that you can't understand, but it must be the right one.

Realizing my apparent weakness, I decide to spend some additional time in the dungeons, seeing that they have seemingly endless supply of goblins.

Practice on defenceless humanoids may seem heartless, but those are tough times we live in.

aleshar_037.jpg

Main reason? Even something as simple as the weakest possible healing spell is a gamble. Simply casting it with a full stamina can lead to death as your heart bursts in your chest.

aleshar_036.jpg

After clearing the floor a few times I am finally feeling strong enough to make the trip back to seer.

aleshar_038.jpg

Encountering mr. Shade accelerates my plan of returning.

aleshar_039.jpg

On my way to Seer, I stumble to another cave. What the hell, lets see what could be in it?

aleshar_040.jpg

Seems pretty empty, with the exception of few cowardly goblins.

aleshar_041.jpg

Oh yeah, there are also trolls. Hah, no problem, I'll just stun the fellow and then practice my swordsmanship on him.

Oh a Troll Hunter, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

aleshar_042.jpg

Shiiiit. The fucker clubbed my knee into pieces. And now his whole damn family joins the fun.

aleshar_043.jpg

Fuck fuck fuck! The bow is useless against those fat bastards. I have no chance, I have to torch them with magic and make my way back to the stairs.

After killing the whole family, one of their cousins shows up. Apparently he doesn't like goblins, so I manage to limp past him as he slays a pair of Goblin Chiefs.

As I approach the stairs... A shade shows up. What the hell is this cavern anyway?

aleshar_044.jpg

Apparently the troll doesn't like shades either, sending the shade flying like a used rag.

aleshar_045.jpg

I reward his help with a burst of flame.

After a quick trip upstairs for healing, I join the multicultural fun.

aleshar_046.jpg

It soon comes rather apparent that this place is not for me. Especially since I have a broken leg. No amount of healing, herbs or bandage will fix it. I have to go back to Snowhold and visit the healer.

aleshar_047.jpg

I do not complain. If this was my arm, I would have permanently lost a part of my strength.

This time I make it to the seer without trouble.

aleshar_048.jpg

"Nearby"? Couldn't give the directions? Oh for fuck's sake, I'll look for it myself then.

aleshar_049.jpg

Why build a massive three floor shrine and leave it completely empty? *grumble*

After a whole lot of searching, I finally find an altar.

aleshar_050.jpg

My ability to channel water improved quite a bit.

aleshar_051.jpg

Having heard a rumour that there is a shrine somewhere close to Snowhold, I decide make a little detour before visiting Hilltop again.

aleshar_052.jpg

Looking at the runes, this seems to be the one for spirit. Maybe I should practice casting some spirit requiring spells, such as invisibility...

aleshar_053.jpg

aleshar_054.jpg

Ah... much better. I am getting stronger in magic.

Then to see mr. Hilltop.

aleshar_055.jpg

Nightime it is, then. I wait for the good citizens of Snowhold to go to sleep and then sneak to the resistance hideout.

aleshar_056.jpg

aleshar_057.jpg

It seems that my path will next lead me to the capitol of Aleshar, Dwarlow. And the headquarters of the hated church of Wisdom. What awaits me there?

Happy new year Codex!

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Practice on defenceless humanoids may seem heartless, but those are tough times we live in.
Merely following the traditions of the ancients, hoary with age and unquestionable custom: I speak of grinding, my son - heed it well.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Update 2013: Creepy Green Light

Arcane power coursing through my veins, magical energies bursting at the seams.

I am ready to bring vengeance upon my hated foes.

Onwards to the cold night, for tonight the blood of the Cult of Wisdom will flow!

And the devil shall fuck the high priest in the depths of the Citadel!

Having proven myself to the resistance, I am sent to Dwarlow - the capitol of Aleshar. So out to the cold wastes

Out to the night, with the rough direction of the city in mind.

On the way I am distracted by several ambushes.

aleshar_001.png

aleshar_003.png

I slaughter them all, with no mercy.

On the way to the city, I stumble upon another elemental shrine.

aleshar_004.png

This proves to be the shrine of fire.

aleshar_006.png

With my fire magix bolstered, I finish the trip to Dwarlow.

aleshar_008.png

And the town is empty, not even the guards are on their posts. Maybe because it is night?

Only one thing we can do in that case...

aleshar_009.png

...steal people's belongings

aleshar_010.png

...wake up sleeping people

aleshar_011.png

...and harass them with important questions

aleshar_013.png

Lots of important things discovered out by talking to people.

aleshar_015.png

...well

aleshar_016.png

aleshar_017.png

One guardsman has stories of a distant land that is not covered in snow like Aleshar is.

aleshar_018.png

Ghostbusters, Aleshar edition.

aleshar_019.png

Bullshit, no such thing...

aleshar_020.png

Obvious lies.

I met a cult dropout

aleshar_021.png

The capitol is filled with cult drones.

aleshar_022.png

A secret door!

aleshar_024.png

I wonder what is here...

aleshar_025.png

Oh shit, it seems I am not welcome!

aleshar_026.png

More people come greet me.

aleshar_030.png

After killing some more people, I decide I shouldn't be here.

aleshar_031.png

Old school game design here. You could probably stumble upon this location by accident, skip the story and end up in a very weird situation. The infiltrators for example, didn't seem to spawn properly while the cultists did...

Seeing that everyone is asleep, I decide to leave the city and wait 'till morning.

Unfortunately some scumbag thieves ambush me.

aleshar_032.png

Little do they know that I am Sartryn-born, I wield deadly magix, I am the slayer of thousand men!

aleshar_033.png

Oh shi-

aleshar_034.png

Well, fuck.

aleshar_035.png

Try #2.

So now it is evening and everyone has left their daily jobs. Naturally in the cold gloom there is only boozin' to do.

Which makes it easier for me to find the people whom I am looking for... at evening-time they are all in the tavern, getting wasted.

aleshar_037.png

Uh... you're not being very undercover about that... I didn't even introduce myself yet!

aleshar_038.png

aleshar_039.png

Yesh... I shall have my vengeance tonight!

aleshar_040.png

Ahaa... so that's what the secret door is for!

But first, let's talk some more with the other patrons.

aleshar_041.png

aleshar_042.png

aleshar_044.png

It is as the game is trying to tell me to visit Hillcrest... Well, let's leave that for later.

aleshar_045.png

Welcome to RPGBrodex, brother!

Ah, screw it. Let's just go for the slaughter next!

aleshar_046.png

Just to make it fresh, let's try to find the second entrance!

aleshar_047.png

Bullshit, this is the same entrance, just from the other side! I could've walked through the cultists in broad daylight and no-one would've stopped me...

But down we go...

aleshar_048.png

Oh hello there!

aleshar_049.png

I'm not impressed!

aleshar_050.png

aleshar_051.png

Haha! I am IMMORTAL! DIE SCUM!

aleshar_052.png

Eh what the...

aleshar_035.png

Try #3.

O.K., maybe I'll try and find some of those "i n f l i t r a t o r s" before I rush the Cultists and their henchmen.

aleshar_053.png

Those guys are serious business. Sometimes they are done with the killing before I even get there.

aleshar_054.png

Soon I am leading a small army of killers.

aleshar_055.png

GANGBANG TIME! DIE (CIS)SCUM!

aleshar_057.png

Down we go, one floor by another.

aleshar_058.png

While the enemy magic doesn't do much to me, it can harm my friends.

aleshar_059.png

aleshar_061.png

BURN BABY BURN!

aleshar_062.png

OW FUCK! That stings!

aleshar_063.png

We're out of thugs to kill at this rate!

aleshar_064.png

Another floor down...

aleshar_065.png

Well hello there, mr. Klux Klux Klan!

aleshar_066.png

First, let me kill your disciples. Then it'll be your turn!

aleshar_067.png

Game design #101. Lockpicking is an optional skill in this game.

This dungeon features locked doors that you _have_ to open to proceed. (You can bash them, too. But I am teh weak)

aleshar_068.png

To add insult to the injury, enemy mages do not need line of sight to cast their brimstone upon me.

aleshar_069.png

Pick a door open only to get an acolyte thrown at my face. What a day.

But that does give me an idea...

aleshar_070.png

Bowling for Wisdom.

aleshar_071.png

Crimson fries!

aleshar_072.png

Oh fuck, this doesn't seem so smart...

aleshar_073.png

aleshar_036.jpg

Lesson of the day: It is hard to catch your breath when you have three guys throwing fire at your face.

Try #4.

Off to the first floor of the dungeon again (no saving inside dungeons, YAY!)

And the first thug. Great, I'll be able to vent my frustrations his sorry a--

aleshar_074.png

Oh for fuck's sake!

aleshar_035.png

I don't even

Try #5.

About 30 tries later.

The lovely part about the dungeons in this game, they are random.

aleshar_075.png

Sometimes you face 5-6 thugs by yourself.

aleshar_078.png

Sometimes you get to slaughter half-naked cultists.

aleshar_079.png

After vigorous grinding, I've become better at controlling my magix.

aleshar_080.png

Even several high priests at the same time are no challenge for me.

aleshar_081.png

There you are, scumbag. My name is Haba Knyllarman. Your thugs killed my father. Prepare to die!

aleshar_082.png

What the... shiat! Suddenly rocks fall, everyone takes their saving throw.

aleshar__daemon_tools.png

Uh, so basically you have been fucking about with evil daemons and now you expect a rescue by the guy who was just about to impale you. 'k.

aleshar_083.png

Here is a daemon. Wearing his own tanned leather. What a freak!

aleshar_085.png

Oh the fucking hell.

I have two priests casting buffs on me at the moment.

In Aleshar, if you cast a buff on a target that has a buff active, the conflicting magics die.

So, being the dumbfuck that I am, I buff myself with a powerful spell...

aleshar_086.png

O.K. that didn't work.

Try #31.

aleshar_087.png

Instead of killing the guys in the room, I rush to the head priest.

aleshar_088.png

Now I have several meat shields around me. Unfortunately the priests don't care for friendly fire, killing the infiltrator before he can be of use.

aleshar_089.png

Caerbaehnen doesn't give a fuck.

Just a few rounds with him leave me in a bad shape.

aleshar_090.png

Then he decides to go for the head priest instead.

aleshar_091.png

Coren lasts surprisingly long.

aleshar_092.png

But it wasn't long enough...

Try #32.

aleshar_000.png

How about I try peppering him with my bow for a change?

aleshar_001.png

Well, shit.

aleshar_002.png

Die you god damn abomination!

aleshar_003.png

Here is Haba. He is about to die.

aleshar_004.png

My idiot aid keeps casting buffs on me, removing the previous buff.

And meanwhile the Caerbaehnen tears me apart, bit by bit.

aleshar_006.png

Oh fuck.

aleshar_007.png

Here is the hero Haba. Crying, weeping and throwing up all over himself.

aleshar_008.png

Nausea is a warning signal... I am getting fatally winded by the extended fight.

aleshar_009.png

On the positive side, I didn't die of dismemberment this time!

Try #33!

Try #34!

Try #35!

Fuck this fucking motherfucker assramming cuntslurper turdpopper fagbucket!

Like any hero of the great epics, what we really need is a magic weapon!

Thankfully there is a cave near by, let's snag one from there!

aleshar_000.png

Like a boss, I sneak to the lowest level, avoiding trolls and rock troll chiefs.

Well hello thar mr. Wraith!

aleshar_001.png

Are wraiths immune to molten fire?

aleshar_002.png

Yes they are!

Are wraiths immune to lightning?

aleshar_003.png

Oh yes they are!

Is Haba allergic to Zweihänders in his face?

aleshar_004.png

Indeed he is!

What about if we just forget the magic shit for now. What we really need is an old fashioned montage!

The hours approaching, to give it your best
You've got to reach your prime.

aleshar_005.png

That's when you need to put yourself to the test
And show us a passage of time

aleshar_006.png

Were going to need a montage!

aleshar_007.png

Ooh it takes a montage!

Yeah! Even Rocky had a montage.

aleshar_009.png

aleshar_010.png

On the way back, from shrine-hopping, I meet a dumbfuck in a hamlet. Somehow his name is oddly appropriate.

aleshar_008.png

But now it is the time to put my skills to the test!

Get the fuck outta my way, small fries!

aleshar_011.png

Yeah, demon scum-sucker! I am ready! You shall not pass!

If you're wondering, you can let him kill Coren and the acolyte, that just changes one line of dialogue

aleshar_000.png

Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?

aleshar_001.png

You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.

aleshar_002.png

I am death incarnate!

aleshar_003.png

I'll show you how an Alesharian dies!

DIE YOU FUCKING CUNT!

aleshar_004.png

GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE!

It took me seriously like over 50 tries to kill this fucking dipshit. And I have finished this game several times before. Old skool baby!

Though a magic weapon, better stats or using balefire on him would've probably made it easier, poor initial skill/stat choices will rape you beyond recovery in this game

I wonder what kind of reward I will receive from klux klux klan members that I just save from daemon-rape?

aleshar_005.png

Ha ha ha. Fuck you too.

Let's see what sort of beating I took in the process.

aleshar_006.png

Barely scratched me!

Making my way out, I find out that the rest of the cultists are not very grateful. In fact they probably have no idea what I've done.

So I'll have to go back to my old priest-slaying ways.

aleshar_007.png

Since the other entrances are blocked by rubble, the only way out seems to be through this weird green light portal...

aleshar_008.png

This halloween new year's eve
So unlike any other
Her final words
Don't be afraid
Of the green light

aleshar_009.png

aleshar_010.png

aleshar_011.png

Haba, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

aleshar_012.png

??!!!??

Thus another chapter in the saga of my Aleshar LP concludes. I have honestly not been so utterly humiliated by a game for a long long time. Despite all the grinding, even the lowliest of thugs can kill me by poking me in the eye. My deadly magix leave me vulnerable and dead more often than they save me.

I love it!

...but I'll need another year to recover from it!

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
:incline: for doing another update (as long as you keep doing more whenever possible, that is).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom