Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Al-Qadim - The Genie is real

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This will be my first attempt in making LP, so it will probably be as good as some I've read here. But the codex database really needs this game for the obvious reason. And so I am here, playing for the first time Al-Qadim.

QwtRZYl.png

ydIiosh.png

6CQFJoh.png

Talking about short intro.

vqP6zJU.png

Since I don't know what will I encounter I'm playing it safe and remember that normal in the 90's was normal. The Name is known to everyone, I presume.

upO2C2A.png

7Z0Nyia.png

tcIuqIR.png

Tarik - older brother, noted.

p1lhWFO.png

images

:incline:

SG28N9G.png

GHcgFhO.png

PitvpUV.png

f6HhmiV.png

X6lffdh.png

c70aQDy.png

I wonder If I'll met some of those so called genie lords. Could be interesting encounter. Anyway, it's time to act.
You can use mouse or keyboard to move. I prefer the first one since it's more smooth and easy to navigate. The right button is used to move, the left to attack.

Htrj8NW.png

O5SwwfI.png

There are many traps in this labirynth, but I think it's not difficult. Even if you aren't quick enough and get teleported to the beginning by some kind of magical fog, you can finally make it.

TSDzLKS.png

gv9Hfcz.png

ZtKncZQ.png

Those things on the ground are some kind of living creatures, reminds me of a Tremors movie. The green fires can be killed.

OMOZ94j.png

Finding the path through the hidden squares.

IqwCu0m.png

Better be careful, you can easily loose most of the health if you aren't careful.

gkxlAw9.png

Instead of smashing vases I've chosen the middle pistil and morphed into a parrot. After a short fly on the other side the spell wears off.

RG5OJ2P.png

Avalanche problem, you will be hit some times even if you are quick.

KhLKF3y.png

Finally over, we can claim the treasure.

KBecHFF.png

JEn6ZJG.png

1sVVtFk.png

4HsFtQI.png

Andhaira is on 3 level now and has some helpful potions with him. Moving on the magic carpet refills our health bar. We are moving onward.

[To be continued...]

Erebus

Arcane
I tried this game a few years ago, but once the tutorial was over, it quickly became way too hard for me.

Al-Qadim is a pretty cool setting, though I wish its magic didn't rely so heavily on the classical four elements.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Arabian Nights, ftw. This and Kara-Tur are the only AD&D-era campaign settings I haven't gamed under (cRPG or PnP).

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The font and color reminds me of Albion, but it's not the same dev, huh?

Eyeball

Arcane
It's actually a really good little Zelda-like. Gameplay is fairly banal, but it has some decent push-blocks-onto-pressure-plates puzzles and a gorgeous and original setting.

One piece of advice though: Keep multiple save games. Seriously. Do this. Not because of bugs, but because there is at least one point in the game where you can game over yourself instantly and if you saved just before that point, you have wasted your weekend.

Part 2 : Reunion.

mwJX2Q3.png

We are teleported into the desert and right after that we are welcomed.

KTXwP2r.png

The game lacks portraits of characters. Touche. I choose the first option.

n52784V.png

:cool:

3tj0Geg.png

687ALPa.png

We meet our father.

W0MctvH.png

Z767n94.png

A sword with the upgrades. Well, it isn't double edged katana but it will suffice in our journey.

aFoqnSE.png

g5zxuto.png

Quick look at our stats. Very balanced, J. Sawyer approves this.

aKdgdPV.png

Inventory is simple, I like that. Time to move.

F36aKJy.png

First I will visit my brother's house. There is nothing to take, just a little letter. Time to investigate the rest of the city.

WI0lWOU.png

The camel has some groovy moves right there. Let's take a look at the inn.

UXH63XW.png

Mh50XPU.png

usrddAp.png

:lol: Looks like insulting didn't cause any trouble.

yUx7OFE.png

A men, or a women, it's hard to tell at first.

CUMrKLR.png

WNeJryy.png

qARJbOX.png

YfWdL3T.png

What I've learned easily thanks to this conversation is 1) to be polite, it gives you always more information about the plot 2) We have a family djin called Muliban. I wonder why and what is his purpose.

9qnwAtP.png

Another room, but nothing interesting. Better to move out.

rPsI2h4.png

zlZvikJ.png

fPRDpNn.png

MIjInsX.png

sCkSw03.png

KxZUqWT.png

FqLnHp1.png

WddOrbR.png

What a sissy. I bet we will have the opportunity to seize the treasure.

SlIytlc.png

Weapon Master Zubakon. He will help us to gain new moves once we level enough. Sparring is also included. Right now we better move.

nAdNqWP.png

We are at Qadi's office.

A2sx0Bz.png

Bhq7ATZ.png

VFr9Udl.png

KRtB7AP.png

rU81OM4.png

No matter what you take, it will always end up the same way. Whatever, I'll need more XP, time for some quests!

2pRgPLu.png

Visited the mother, overprotective as always.

wvk63pb.png

He is my older brother, of course nothing is wrong !

edF2OkW.png

ysUa5zL.png

Badmouthing the sister, naughty boy.

wRcVhOA.png

Endure, and in enduring grow stronger.

eTltad2.png

Ah, so the djin protects our family interests and gives good winds to our ships.

lanXHIA.png

jkyocDE.png

No mom, I won't wear it. :rolls eyes:

8vmPHfz.png

We find the letter in the house, from, oh..

cc4AeDt.png

jRkmCPT.png

tWRPTDc.png

1g3r0Oi.png

:desu:. No time to rest.

yZ4FJDD.png

ZNeZIvP.png

zeFJipK.png

That was very hard. First invisible wall is opposite the door that we've entered. The second is on the right. It's probably the mini-tutorial for new puzzles that will show up. Unfortunatelly there is no XP/prize for doing this.

u603pse.png

EmLprdS.png

yjS8EGy.png

Crazy women, wants me to smash those vases.

dAsFiVh.png

wOmpRo7.png

NHbW9i1.png

whoa-300x223.jpg

Mages working day and night fixing the vases. That's all they can do. Let's go the barracks.

f9E4SLG.png

Oh, sorry, didn't want to disturb you. Whatever you've been doing alone half naked it's fine by me.

pgUjblm.png

JrJKSMq.png

Oasis eh, my quest sense is tingling.

E2Cq56N.png

Typical semite, no "Welcome, it's good to see you back". Whatever, I've got more than enough, I repay the debt. Sweet, XP points for this one.

wl3Yl37.png

A shop where you can only buy healing potions. Why no chicken, bananas and green pea ?

oF6u58g.png

A storeroom and nothing to take ? I want to loot barrels and sacks of wheat dammit !

JhRdgSe.png

Revisitating our sister.

IRqwjPD.png

In6abQl.png

Src0T3L.png

The scimitar is good in melee 1on1 duels but this sling will be better for group of enemies.

FCe54DI.png

:troll:

1z0MAt3.png

qnkS1wz.png

UjxQBRr.png

xXkM7Lk.png

Andhaira, trying to deduct what's a genie curse, continued his town inspection.

[To be continued]

Come to think of it, at first it looked to me more like a prison than the inn :lol:.

It's actually a really good little Zelda-like. Gameplay is fairly banal, but it has some decent push-blocks-onto-pressure-plates puzzles and a gorgeous and original setting.

One piece of advice though: Keep multiple save games. Seriously. Do this. Not because of bugs, but because there is at least one point in the game where you can game over yourself instantly and if you saved just before that point, you have wasted your weekend.

I'll be careful. If anything happens, then tough luck :negative:.

Part 3 : The First Contact

We stopped our journey in our sister's house, bet there is so much houses to visit.

bXZNPVH.png

Wassabs are the rival family in town. I guess stepping uninvited made a bad impression on them. But let them try stop us ! We must finally complete the quest with the treaty.

aS0nw1V.png

oMAoxhx.png

ncj8HFN.png

zZATN0e.png

I wanted to attack but dialogue is the only option here.

eKRHbIw.png

XYyD7vS.png

ISz2uao.png

Dog_Pig.jpg

1bd8mMZ.png

dx56gT9.png

6ljAaIJ.png

Hi there, can you sign my petition treaty ?

AubIHiQ.png

xwBL1pI.png

g1kKGt5.png

I'm starting to feel like some official in the middle east trying to do my work here. Whatever, no persuade/intimidate dialogues battles in game. Let's go to the temple for some spiritual enlightment.

CW41lpP.png

We donate 5 gold coins, it doesn't matter how much you give, the xp reward is the same.

MtJRqFi.png

:troll:. Nothing more to do here. Let's see a friendly merchant Babazar.

yk6xgnA.png

A5NR5hv.png

Vtsn8IC.png

GagT3Fi.png

5ibdmBr.png

What most RPG's taught me, that is never wise to ask for the money before making the quest. Let's be benevolent and tell him that it will be done.

yH3aD5y.png

:( . As we walk by we see a complete stranger who starts a dialogue with us.

B5K2zc9.png

Wha..

AsBk5jK.png

Hey liste..

0li1Tci.png

Why?

m9AIbTQ.png

Oh my friend, a couple of minutes ago I was called a street sweeper. We go for the second option, [genetic/financial lottery, etc. ]

NuZgjUD.png

:obviously: . Next house looks bad.

VCJwfPi.png

Giving money to the people bring us more experience. And we can feel good about it :smug:.

GKIf71Y.png

Nobody can resist the charm and muscles of Andhaira. Flattery answer is the only way :Bioware:

smu8OBt.png

:cool:

We've almost visited everyone in town. Expect... our aunt Ru'tan. It sounds familiar, oh yes, now I remember.

images

kd0K6zj.png

Frogs, frogs everywhere. What happened here auntie ?

40Q9Nng.png

OgBNdYq.png

[Intelligence]

I9ELD0f.png

eetdSFf.png

2zubIs8.png

GEG5RLA.png

Mmpf5wv.png

:lol:

d4AYmDk.png

CzdOJa7.png

Gems and gold. Excellent. We don't have much reserves so every coin counts for now. Meanwhile you can see the friendly tiger on the left. He just sits there like a lazy cat and do nothing.

4dpasOK.png

We finally go to our father to sign him a treaty.

qLREkKA.png

We go for the first option.

St0oog0.png

I guess it's finally over. Now only the Wassabs remain.

ZIBEQRt.png

17N10WE.png

:rage:

Now I understand why this family isn't liked. My patience is running out.

FihFkEN.png

9FGPsqR.png

Pc87kWW.png

At least the sister didn't wanted to do her laundry or something else. Good girl.

U8UoGqc.png

C8IWKNS.png

gFnWDKo.png

XjkNoeR.png

TTA1EAZ.png

Suddenly it's getting darker.

mWbHVkI.png

m78rYOX.png

Before we take the papers to end the quest, let's see the evil oasis that was mentioned many time. Those berries won't take themselves!

bpnQuYo.png

We have got here hyenas, plants shooting with some nasty blowing spikes, little tornados and last but not least a deadly bees. You can't slay them with the sword so when you see them, RUN!
As we move to the town, a strange creature appears.

j9CaeRQ.png

hajime-mermaid2.jpg

:bounce:

Ekhm, I mean - Yes, I am the man of honor.

kkR8Cwa.png

Eqkstm9.png

AVuT1kr.png

I promise.

8OkYRhy.png

2hV9S8W.png

2hV9S8W.png

i3tQsn4.png

So we have berries and a message to Qadi. It was wise to search the oasis. And a healing pool which we can visit any time we want:incline:.
Just as we walk by to the city walls a familiar face appears.

qKkRx0c.png

btVCAuV.png

rMYhrZz.png

olzARrR.png

H3IK60v.png

KMcSetC.png

zvvEbMl.png

PZ6CAhB.png

qfSKXYk.png

Grave news indeed. Situation is getting more and more tense. I can feel in the air that it's just the beginning of a bigger shitstorm.
But first things first, let's meet the merchant.

oBGOcjC.png

yQ2taXI.png

I would "study" her too. Ekhm, sorry. Now to give the treaty and the message.

cmalrIg.png

bCoOd3Q.png

DcXsB2f.png

6qiHmcW.png

6IsOSbR.png

3noyUA4.png

Sigh, ok, time to backtrack.

4VmPr5H.png

First let's ask the important question about the Genie's Curse.

FG4EQJW.png

CIxJfRC.png

HNxFb7o.png

Good to know there is a source of that infestation. I warned the siren about the filthy merchant who wants to profit from her enslavment. Time to get back to the city.

3cpKKLq.png

NzQRxe6.png

Sgmi2kg.png

CVttrWm.png

HSxOKLS.png

c1V3ARh.png

NrWADkI.png

hTmnOWr.png

nDCuU1R.png

qejsjwQ.png

0sZMpAn.png

wqL7DIW.png

jPNW4ME.png

Zubak - the trolling djin.

CQAZjBV.png

ylcq1zy.png

Sounds supsicious, I wonder what happened to him. Time to write it on the "to do" list.

zs4aqEH.png

JNILIi6.png

AeFiwyo.png

NH5NJEN.png

QaA8diC.png

M2bbc4Y.png

q8DMXu8.png

Shit_just_got_real.jpg

G4hOPDA.png

2tidyUI.png

0kQEbTd.png

Z3as6LU.png

NZwaduW.png

YwejxZL.png

I can feel the bloodlust in the air.

XzexKGS.png

lAzGDpe.png

Time to move. Maybe someone survived. Aftter some search I've found some old man attacked by a pack of hyenas. My swift blade have slayed them all.

yyInmHX.png

PqXDiTE.png

Ha, at least we've got the Caliph problems off our list. He recognizes us quickly.

Uyttsir.png

DS7xc2s.png

Yes, yes, let's ask him the obvious question.

V90AfEt.png

ty2a9Lb.png

The family djin destroys rival family's ship, but leaves Caliph and helps our soon to be wife Kara. Surely there is someone else who has cast a spell on the genie, someone powerful.

WKWKuWu.png

DOKd7bD.png

As we have any choice in that matter. But it's near the coast so finding it wasn't difficult.

vjZ2P80.png

poPJ1de.png

jEIb8bP.png

Kara is alive and well, we are moving in the good direction. It's time to return to the city.

R6lX1aV.png

4lJbuof.png

4VSnt2m.png

h85kQb5.png

ZAWV6ly.png

Interrogating genie, this should be interesting.

QqcfXnK.png

kCmCus8.png

QgPpvn8.png

VxftbxZ.png

65I6HoA.png

ciPnXr1.png

J1KTue7.png

21o30w9.gif

The djin is real. And he has powerful trolling abilities.

qZJbIPh.png

rVdIGg5.png

tj6OaHK.png

9tK7vid.png

T9DscPg.png

Q7ru624.png

4He97gS.png

Yes, Andhaira is the victim here. We must act!

G9gJkdC.png

W0Jb5Ze.png

pgROmaA.png

58m0VFu.png

yuuy0aK.png

No kidding, a ship could help us to move quickly.

OBtEId1.png

Butthurt Caliph doesn't give us any choice. It's time to say farewell to our family and journey through the land to restore the name of Al-Hazrad's. We take the last glance on the city gate and move out.

[To be continued...]

Part 4 : The Mage.

So here we are, with our family being imprisoned, no ship to sail and not a single soul to help us. Let's try the mermaid lady, she was nice to us.

ZK3rPC6.png

BQBlvnx.png

EwH4FYy.png

QgvgJVh.png

Yo0Y3pT.png

Sounds easy enough, let's go.

OFskOvM.png

tFyzP4O.png

In Grimoire Al-Qadim, you can ride on a turtle!

sOYx51U.png

New monsters - zombies are first to be seen on this little island, they are easy to kill though.

EMGkpUA.png

The archers on the devasted ship are way more deadly with their aiming, as you can see by the health bar. After defeating all of them our her goes inside the ship.

LZqhwSZ.png

After a quick glimpse we see a dead end and some evil character in a black robe who wants the ship for herself.

EyR5pHB.png

Unfortunatelly for her, wizards cannot into melee fights and she was quickly disposed of. The sweet smell of loot surrounds me. After grabiing all the stuff I read the scroll on the left.

V92sd6e.png

8H687Ux.png

Whoever wrote that was a prophet. After reading Andhaira sees a disturbance in the north wall. It looks like some kind of portal.

WqRZrTJ.png

lfEnH97.png

And behold, it really teleports us into some sort of astral dimension. There is only one oval room with no more blue tracks that can be reached. The big green thing can be destroyed. Let's try it.

u971DP2.png

It turns out into the smaller one, and it heals our wounds everytime we touch it. Sweet. Since there is nothing more to do here we return to the ship. Which is renewed and ready to sail! Turns out the green thing was a source of the curse.

lA73MkG.png

The big golden guy quickly catches our attention.

0KqrUFy.png

NB6zezJ.png

y5YpOta.png

8DAGb47.png

aSdhT1z.png

m8DRoMQ.png

Although Andhaira is a corsair a captain of the ship still would be very useful for us. But let's try play super friendly here.

HgyqwRV.png

nao46Xd.png

llFmOLo.png

Whenever we want to sail, we must set the destination to the captain djin and he will take us there. We have our own ship, now we can go visit the Mage before we move on the seven seas.

R8fXGgn.png

The doors are in the north part of the Oasis. We know the password thanks to the mermaid.

Ttfm7Gw.png

As we enter we see a dark tiles throught the whole map. Looks dangerous. As we approach on the beard face we hear a voice.

llD3v5s.png

WmL8kw3.png

JzJ76Ho.png

NuJmpqw.png

After this warm welcome we are free to roam the mage's dungeon.

0zadn65.png

There are some green puddles in the area, where some kind of living things will spawn from them.

po0teID.png

Riddles and finally something familiar. A giant rat, no drops from them though.

3PWx4Wn.png

Another stomping on the face in the ground and dialogue appears.

1yCqHCS.png

Wait, how does he know our father ? Later on...

YcuVaQw.png

gEWvJQo.png

Honor, honor, honor.

54bMs8Q.png

Besides enemies there are of course some puzzles to solve. Preety simple if you ask me.

wfuYVTU.png

jcF9k3v.png

Black+spider+(18).jpg

Giant black spiders. Usually there are couple of them. They have the venom too, which will drain our health for some time.

Back to the puzzles. The biggest one in this dungeon.

OFjBMtI.png

The pool full of acid. The only movement that we can make is throught those block that move in one or more directions. There are three wings to beat here.

vjgQtAm.png

A puzzle where we step on thos oval symbols and have to memorize some patterns.

WrVgdk6.png

The second wing - where we need to set the handles in the proper order.

tC1AdHU.png

wVyRn35.png

That was too easy.

Rm9lGxH.png

The women will ask the same question a couple of times. We need to be persistent.

vrX667e.png

Only one last wing to solve, wait, gah, what's that thing?

sAy0ir3.png

That's the hint about the responds to the beard guy and other characters in this sections. Whatever you do, don't lie and try to give an appropriate respond.

ySiWdVr.png

4i4pNFx.png

uF9fqVr.png

3oSbUkw.png

You have no honor, like a man!

1z3eULr.png

V3Bj8cv.png

This trap is really deadly so after memorizing the pattern of moves we finally manage to take some extra loot from chests and move on.

Yh4pJSj.png

6Jl3KmJ.png

Great, another riddle.

T7Othpn.png

PK0f1cb.png

O7y3qvj.png

The last respond didn't worked :troll:.

jOoIb1P.png

6C9S8Iq.png

There is no secret harem ending here :(.

AYQFBux.png

lF9af7t.png

What promise ?

mfOpV3H.png

He is reading in my mind. But of course I'll promise him whatever he wants. I have enough of this acid pits.

PaW6kQQ.png

Finally we are seeing the end of the tunnel.

c0BgQMC.png

DdSbWyP.png

First we'll ask where is Kara, to give us some coordinates.

Yp6W6XJ.png

q4ezvyI.png

Wow, thanks for nothing! At least we can go into the castle.

ZEIhgck.png

After some tracking we find a door.

Pqhdr58.png

Ha, who would have thought. And she has a nice pair of legs. Being a mermaid must be a part time activity.

9nS2TPK.png

Wife? Wife?!! Now the promise makes sense.

gEaa7p3.png

0FqpD2M.png

SUGKZ2O.png

Maybe he will be more helpful than the giant green face.

VnHvNrB.png

Djin Lords? Sound dangerous.

Djinn.jpg

X3LfmIR.png

TEvlstx.png

C5Akp52.png

7SRK5kI.png

Ok, we have some plan finally. But we can ask more questions.

223mRTE.png

jESY08I.png

G7zR8c4.png

yUhTBBc.png

hPp23dv.png

Thanks for encouragment.

7OJ0LdX.png

szXc8hP.png

Old goat is jeleaous of our muscles and strenght. Those questions asked in the dungeon had some pattern after all.

jZ62Evv.png

Let's change the subject and ask about the hermit who has the information about the Djin Lords location.

vJDe2YA.png

Sounds like Prosper. Apart from the aged part.

BbBxjd2.png

lPmw7qN.png

Fetch quests are my favourite ones.

2dZhD5M.png

ChnV0aC.png

The little golden things are birdies. They fly all over the chamber and are really annoying. The wizard has a point.

zeNeNgg.png

mSbQrez.png

Off we go !

PpedMJP.png

We have a little boat to sail ourselves onto the shore of majestic capital city. First the warm welcome.

SHxQRwj.png

GHMMasb.png

9OE8rs5.png

jrtcIYT.png

We still can't enter to private house, Mess Hall and Barracks. Better not get on the bad side with the guards.

01x6xGo.png

Our budget is tight. Let's see the friendly merchant first.

j89FKwT.png

That could prove to be very useful. We'll need more gems to feel the change in our pockets. After some time we finally find the proper shop.

GdrVDkV.png

MqHr2JB.png

fptL4Qo.png

There are no trade in-game skills. Oh, well I give the whole sum to the Emporium owner. And since we are in the city let's see the other vendors...

5u20sdg.png

Which aren't cheap, that's for sure. Maybe some other things are affordable.

AEy2EQF.png

K3Muys0.png

Yeah, we'll come when we have a couple of chests of gold :lol:.

d40ipVk.png

U1cSAnz.png

No need for charcoal. We don't need to eat anyway,hah.

g6WOFYT.png

At first I was scared what I can see there.

world_trip-1.1133182080.dsc03568_xmediumx.jpg

1Dkg7T0.png

Why would I need a snake. Strange people living here.

GAR5OlZ.png

Khem, thanks but on the ship I can do it for free.

0qnsCqH.png

I think we have a jackpot.

JJTk85k.png

YQzCimW.png

G0EWYuv.png

A game is simple to learn. After some time I've even know when the numbers will be the same as earlier. It was too good to be true. I couldn't resist.

Meanwhile in Capital City...

:oops:

Auge7RD.png

I'm now rich like a Sheik of Agrabah. Thanks SSI guys :hug:.

uJxCvI0.png

A lady in the shop offers some honeybread. Lady, I can buy the whole building right now.

WxWP7Ul.png

:smug:

JDC6Osb.png

t8d2t0M.png

Don't need new carpets or food. Let's get going. We find our old teacher.

CvmiEEV.png

NDAzrf2.png

MwrhsUD.png

RbSbvok.png

Sounds like the situation is getting more tense. We quickly learn the new move through some sparring and after doing some shopping return to the wizard.

NcwAxB6.png

HswFVLm.png

a2MYkiV.png

isiCjNb.png

6u0JQyO.png

Even the powerful genies can become possessed apparently. I hope some evil wizard won't use one of them on me... :hahano:

h0MVEUX.png

Xv5b4fR.png

With those last words Andhaira journeys to The Island of Shibaz, home of the Library Hermit. But that is another part of our story

[To be continued...]

Erebus

Arcane
6C9S8Iq.png

Offering you such an awesome answer and then telling you it's incorrect is just cruel.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's a fun little game, I finished it last year too. It can get a bit difficult at times due to the semi-great fighting system but it's really atmospheric :) And... short.

AngryKobold

Arcane
Ninja Destroyer

If Al- Quadim does not completely scare you away from SSI action- adventures, play Entomorph: the Plague of Darkfall. I assure you the setting is... unique.

Although there's more bugs inside than in all of Obsidian games together. Then you kill them.

Last edited:
Ninja Destroyer

If Al- Quadim does not completely scare you away from SSI action- adventures, play Entomorph: the Plague of Darkfall. I assure you the setting is... unique.

Although there's more bugs inside than in all of Obsidian games together. Then you kill them.

Cool. I might try it and make another LP when I'm done with this one. I remember the box cover art. Judging from the pictures it uses the same engine.

Entomorph-game-cover.JPG

Part 5 : Sailing through the 7 seas.

In the last part we ended up in the mage's castle who directed us to the isle with a man living there who would help us locate the Genie Lords. But our journey is interrupted when another ships starts attacking us. It's full of zombies!

0GdTlat.png

Those boarding sequences will occur more often, with diffrent enemies (elementals, pirates, skeletons). There is always some chest with a loot at the second ship.

Jy5UxFw.png

Finally we are here. The place seems deserted for a very long time. There are some scrolls left behind that we can read. We can take them with us too.

yOrbIK5.png

u5WDVoV.png

Cz0QVEh.png

We finally meet a new enemy, the harp. She can turn invisible and has a bigger hp than any older monsters that we already met.

4yO8yiU.png

This scroll will help us further on.

eGpNSy8.png

Another puzzle. Two statues. The one on the left need some gold to be "persuaded".

6yt4syx.png

9Mbzq1N.png

1vOuWGa.png

This is where are scroll is needed. Without any more delays we put it in the statue.

3PGz4ST.png

3PGz4ST.png

We go north. There is a purple coloured chest there. Everything seems normal when...

w8vOkFm.png

It starts speaking to us. Reminds of Torchlight 2 little beasts. Let's try to play a nice guy. We intend to put in, not to take it out (khem).

vJsLBA8.png

Another upgrade for ours sword, sweet. Finally we see some man on the magic carpet flowing and ignoring us. It's time for some tracking.

LINgRmV.png

Finally we catch the old man. Rashidin is really pain in the ass, and you will see why.

HsYqM9c.png

3k1cnDZ.png

prdyQ42.png

:lol:The man of many names.

m5acO5X.png

ZWBp6JO.png

After that, Omar or Rashiding or whatever dissapers in the library dungeon part. Lucky for us we can move there too.

4boQPOU.png

In the library we can find some more scrolls.

QgbjsQX.png

IyQkDbG.png

The runes, heh.

nHBg1i8.png

jAUDTM1.png

Finally we find some of them. They are all black and we need to stomp on them to change their colour to purple. These runes are scattered throught the whole library so finding all of them will take us some time. There are two chests here too, not obligatory to open but loot is loot, right ?

4VOiqlf.png

We can talk to Omar who is floating endlessly and is easy to catch.

3wTR7cz.png

He is playing wiseman and tells us diffrent stories. Pissing him off is a bad idea, we just need to play along nicely.

B69a0DH.png

h9fG55c.png

Zq2W7wO.png

Nl1fME0.png

After some more attemps there is finally a sign of progress.

QlAGWuL.png

A magic carpet would be useful with all those spikes and traps.

wh4azyP.png

ADXYom2.png

Yes, yes... It's finally over!

VvQL1hk.png

:negative:. This is what I've been talking about. The ride never ends.

NmCMyGI.png

rFVP8Ry.png

More valuable information. It's getting warmer!

e4rhadh.png

Most annoying puzzle, where we need to take care, because those statues will move towards us and block every movement if we aren't careful. Not to mention the constant health drain.

GviDcwY.png

8jhyUJu.png

Gi6xh26.png

Finally, It's not a Bullfrog classic game but the carpet will suffice as a transportation through the chasm.

Wkxj318.png

Exit at last.

tUis4zN.png

We are in the more important part of the library. The scrolls are useless though, there is nothing substantial in them.

x3cux4g.png

The wizard told us about this. We can put the mirror here to "bribe" Omar and after that he will give us the name of the Genie Lords island.

fpk9gY5.png

It's very nice, but after minutes of seeing him floating through the level I was pissed off. Without any hesitation I've started to search the whole level. And voila, there is a hidden entrance with the scroll. The old fart can take his mirror any time he wants. We're outta here.

ilsfbie.png

6KumCUD.png

At the island we meet a strange man levitating.

Kh0rsEB.png

4IfxNiQ.png

Seems like he really doesn't like the Council. Let's ask more details about them.

ET4KPZM.png

C0t88Mo.png

Looks like djins have diffrent classes too. Dao, Efreet and Marid. Interesting.

N0vN38j.png

LqVDLLt.png

UenwAIH.png

Dee8idZ.png

Let's try some intimidation techniques.

sZ6j0jK.png

Well then, we don't have any other choice but to meet Mirza. His efreeti guardian blocks our path.

iyRAyrz.png

S8lE4Hw.png

Boot licking is our only option. He get's easily mad at us when we don't talk the proper line and refuses to talk after that for some time.

mIARhIm.png

Com1Gl6.png

hmRI26P.png

I guess we can go back to the "Reptilian Desires" and find one of them.

cEjwiWq.png

Let's jusk ask if it really is the wisest snake.

C0alrAX.png

nGDMnuW.png

400 old years, not bad.

uiYyJhb.png

What the hell!! Why did you did that ?

IuEyjfE.png

Puny intelect ? You are not Cleve FFS.

jGAaIig.png

After that we try to let off some steam by talking to another genie. Maybe he isn't such a dick like the earlier one.

Crv8hfG.png

e4kKrZw.png

YEzHizb.png

48UBHF3.png

:lol:. I know that, bu why ?

k5I4XFP.png

So the Fuwwah dick djin is our only way through. Great. Let's try talking to him again.

lk469cD.png

lBx7fvs.png

Enjoy it while you still can.

XWGk8gu.png

EarGsj3.png

sPEaj2p.png

Sigh. Another sailing back and forth.

d558WeW.png

M5SZopk.png

rW4rxTh.png

:argh:

GNpMI5Z.png

After some time and bringing another attempt to finally beat the guardian.

YuyW7Kt.png

NMCWtVd.png

Even the experience points couldn't make the bitter fedex adventures of Andhaira more sweet.

wzfPSna.png

dY737Z1.png

At least the money and gems aren't the problem.

7RfUWCJ.png

:yeah:

AyEQMxG.png

No, don't do this to ..

UfAZIkA.png

:what:

:rage:

CchAuQh.png

What's next. A little cat, a pendant from underwater temple. Please, I need more quests!!!!

GAI3bIy.png

OTEXDT1.png

We are back at the Capital City. First we learn some new moves.

bOg0IDy.png

After that we start asking for information at the inn.

ogeruLT.png

AReNcIF.png

oZI0rx8.png

Get to the point already, I'm on the edge here!

hhWeN6m.png

Finally.

ewGqxOz.png

Respawning fire elementals and deadly lava terrain which constantly drains our health. I hate the guardian.

RPoldD8.png

anfALiT.png

Look into your head, there is a lot of emptiness in there :outrage:.

8yPr7Ae.png

g56rdyp.png

NzIOj3g.png

[Lie] Upon my honor it is so.

1fFQGps.png

I..., It's over. The nightmare is over.

:fuuyeah:

vEOG68W.png

We see a gigantic chessboard. At last something diffrent. Until next time!

[To be continued...]

Erebus

Arcane
That bottle should be tossed into the sea !

I mean, sure, in a few centuries, there'll probably be a poor fisherman who'll fish it out and open it. But that'll be his problem.

Absalom

Why didn't you buy the coal and snake as soon as you saw them? It was obviously meant to be for a later quest

The brofists are blocking the path to the center of the map. You need to make a little detour to finally make it there. As always, I blame the djin(s) for that.

Part 6: Andhaira's Gambit

In the last part of LP we ended up on the giant chessboard. There are four directions that we can move from, and we need to find an exact pattern to be able to teleport to diffrent locations.

zhKNK84.png

Yeah, we seek the audience.

MypQBU9.png

MkKkhT6.png

hCGtdO9.png

5jXdckT.png

oVMHQ53.png

IreX5gw.png

Well, that was quick. Another very helpful persona! When we are moving to the exit, we see a girl in a green dress who wants to talk with us. Apparently she can't speak and is imprisoned.

ycSnf2P.png

hsILmqU.png

91r23aY.png

SDQFvcA.png

lDcZMFd.png

K. Whatever that means.

Let's try teleport in another direction.

AnIFH0z.png

genimari.gif

Is it just me or is it getting hot here?

07Pznov.png

I9kBKFu.png

c1hivOX.png

vSbP6Qi.png

Lady djinns don't like to be ignored and we must be patient in our conversation.

9ar3ZNz.png

5a0hk5N.png

Jw2N6sp.png

We've had a pleasure to meet one of them and imprison him.

nFz0ASu.png

FPyhpIa.png

After that ladies teleport me back. Time for another chessboard riddle. Finally we've made it.

GeUxzwP.png

IOP91dE.png

2EB5m8J.png

jrH1TF6.png

boN0rm9.png

ZnPfqWC.png

Kry56Wh.png

thZ8rR7.png

bbJVyOC.png

g2PqtZz.png

bLAppDE.png

3rBBAOP.png

This is one of those specimens who really like the sound of their voice.

RA6gvaO.png

kmDrwSF.png

1001 screenshots later

UgZURT8.png

QpT8sq9.png

XCL0xlH.png

61uMlxg.png

lUzU0mw.png

RG4DKKL.png

So the women in green was the Storyteller. We need to free her to finally meet the CEO djinn.

zF5EG6K.png

Dialogue option will surely be suffice like the last time.

zksBgoA.png

maQIS3v.png

Just don't destroy it right afterwards, ok ? Be in a minute. Our only option is to meet again hot blonde djinns.

cNC5Lgd.png

6o7bmjm.png

L6ITxfg.png

Rd2VKLx.png

There must be a catch. Let's ask away.

OeXiIlW.png

0jyTAvq.png

6Ilhu9q.png

Nothing can kill brave Andhaira Al-Hazrad!

ceiVM2V.png

Woah, that's it ?

RF5oUPr.png

Off we go then. Thanks!

wB7hX4c.png

TlwRvhj.png

uH9XiM9.png

OkgQigY.png

qP9KI4h.png

Talking about Stockholm Syndrome. We've had enough of the stories in this place, that's for sure!

dIiHP9e.png

Oh shit, another one! Efreeti with make up with questionable gender. But I'm prepared and drink magic potion who enables walking through the fire.

hr3kbBs.png

gnIEBTL.png

:salute:

B5ZwrRD.png

vEUGYh1.png

uliIIVN.png

UmPgm9a.png

U74RuZv.png

JiJwy43.png

au1ETr8.png

Hmx0Fv1.png

oLG4f4k.png

n32rm72.png

MyUjUaP.png

yC3OZx0.png

lC5UZUv.png

images

These one?

keuXiuH.png

dcfV8jX.png

Wait, what? Why didn't he told me about it ?

visQmWO.png

EOOBcZE.png

Great. So we need to make a visit to the prison in the Capital City. It won't be easy to persuade Calpih for one. Father could have told us everything and we wouldn't have to make so many travelling. Argh.

To be continued...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom