Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's go to the Moon and do the other things (Kerbal Space)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Space Race!

US President declared the goal to go to the Moon, and do the other things!

In the first mission we only try to get to the Moon. We haven't got a clue how to reach the surface.

We also haven't even got a lander yet.

But we built the largest, most powerful rocket possible!

1.jpg

We will only attempt to fly to the Moon, see how it looks and make new plans once we are there.

Nobody knows how to navigate properly .. so we simply aim the spaceship at the target. This is how travellers reached their destination since millions of years ... it should work in space too.

2.jpg

The rocket was ridiculously overpowered and the spaceship gets fast, very fast! (over 9.000 m/s). And it reaches the Moon in just over 30 minutes. Wow.

But going by direct ascent has a snag .. you need to slow down too! In fact there is some fuel left for the brake maneuvre, but it's miscalculated by a long mile. The burn is much too short .. not nearly enough to slow down.

When it burns out the ship is going still over 7000 m/s.

3.jpg

The ship passes the moon with no hope of ever returning.

The mission was a failure. But we managed a close flyby.
It will be a long way to go before we can land on the surface.

4.jpg

Mission one was a disaster, already from the design .. mission two will follow soon. With better preparation.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Never heard about the game. Looks... intriguing. Could you elaborate a bit more on how the gameplay works?

Burning Bridges

After overshooting the target by miles in the first attempt, the second mission will be attempted with better preparation.

01.jpg

First a simple lander. It's very light, which has many advantages, most importantly that it can come down harder before the legs break off.

The major disadvantage is fuel, it will be very terse. A lander with return option would be much heavier. But anyway, I have yet to learn how to make it to the surface, so the return is really not my concern right now.

02.jpg

I practiced a few times and managed to get the craft down in one piece, sometimes at least.

Still don't feel too comfortable that it will make it on the Moon ..

04.jpg

We also designed a new rocket, it need not to be as overdimensionated as the first one.

The first stage should get us into an orbit, the second is for trans lunar flight and decelaration.
The tiny engine in the lander is only needed for the few minutes before touchdown.

05.jpg

First stage is gone, managed to get into some sort of crappy orbit around Kearth. As usual it's much higher, much messier than we wanted, but it will do.

06.jpg

TLI. The advantage of having brought the ship into orbit first is that now we will only need to accelerate a little bit, and still have a lot of fuel left.

07.jpg

That looks half decent. We are in an elliptic orbit that will bring us to the Moon, and will make a turn around it.

08.jpg

But it's not the right angle, missed the target. Shit :)

09.jpg

The nice thing about physics is that we can turn around Kearth and return as many times as we want until we hit the moon.

After several Moon/Kearth orbits (time acceleration) we finally hit the Moon. What an embarassment for our mission controller.

10.jpg

We are now in the gravitational field of the Moon. It would be nice to circle it a few times but we have no idea how to achieve lunar orbit, so must attempt the landing right away ..

The map already shows where we will hit it.

11.jpg

We begin decelaration.

12.jpg

over 1000km to the lunar surface, still a long way to go.

13.jpg

14.jpg

400km and still lots of time to prepare for the landing. Things will only get hectic when we reach 20km or so, and must get rid of that heavy 2nd stage.

15.jpg

200km, a slow burn so that the descent does not get too fast.

16.jpg

At 60km and 400 m/s, full throttle to slow down.

17.jpg

15.000m. We don't want to separate the 2nd stage yet because there is still a huge amount of of fuel in it. There would be enough to land it on the surface, actually.

18.jpg

7.000m, separation of the 2nd stage, it can crash somewhere below. From now on we will only have that little bit of fuel in the lander ... things WILL get hectic now.

19.jpg

2000m, 25 m/s we are looking very good.

Controlling the descent with the keyboard is really tricky. You need to control throttle and orientation at the same time, one would need three hands to do it right :)

20.jpg

400m, 3m/s we are looking really good and it looks like we can make it to the surface. There is still over 50% fuel left.

21.jpg

Just when I think I will make it, bad luck strikes. We should have made a perfect landing in that valley. But I want to make it too perfect, concentrate too much on descent rate, and a bit of lateral movement creeps in.
Then, in the last moment a mountain comes in our way.

22.jpg

Shit, lander destroyed. So close. The craft didn't even crash, just tipped over. If I had cut the engine before touchdown I would still have made it.

For my first landing attempt I am still quite satisfied.
The descent was OK, the landing was almost successful, I should only have paid more attention to the terrain.

I need to practice more and build a lander that can come down harder. AND look for the terrain while I struggle with the keyboard to manage the rate of descent etc .. :)

Burning Bridges

spectre said:
Never heard about the game. Looks... intriguing. Could you elaborate a bit more on how the gameplay works?

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Up to now the game is free, in the future you will have to pay for it.

Absolutely addictive little game. You can design your own spaceships from a few simple parts, design multiple stages, and fly them with real physics, achieve real orbits etc. It's such a simple idea, but the resulting gameplay is amazing.

I would like to write more but it's too late today, perhaps another day. If you want to know more we have a thread in General Gaming. http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Burning Bridges

The first lunar landing attempt was the expected failure, but it has shown that we are on a good way.

Preparation for a new mission has begun.

00.jpg

The first finding is that our rocket is already up to the job. Here is an image from the assembly hall. It shows the design from the last flight, which can possibly be used again in another mission.

TRIALS

It has also shown that the landing is the biggest obstacle for a successful mission and we realized that the lander was practically uncontrollable.Therefore, the development of a tougher and better controllable lander is of the greatest importance. Lately the facilities have been employed with tests of numerous experimental lander configurations. Three leg, four leg, six leg, eight leg, single engine, multi engine, ascent stages, etc, you name it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

.. but most tests ended with catastrophic results.

So far we haven't found a design that gives us the success rates that we want, but we are making progress.

NEWS FROM THE KOVIETS

Lately there have been a few confusing intelligence reports. Mysterious looking objects have appeared on several images, which have raised concern that the Reds may have begun a moon program of their own.

First there is this object, which is believed to be a mobile weather station. Prof. Braun however insists that it could be a lunar lander.

10.jpg

Some believe this to be a lunar rocket, but it's most certainly just a fair attraction.

11.jpg

Apparently they have been testing some new device, and having problems with it.

12.jpg

Burning Bridges

We have now a final design for our Moon lander.

00.jpg

As you can see we put eight strong legs on it so that it may hopefully survive a hard landing, and not tip over.

This time we have also thought of the return to Earth. If all goes well the lander would have enough fuel left to take off from the Moon, fly back to Earth, and land with a parachute.

A major problem is that the thrust from the lunar descent engine is so low that the device can not be tested on Earth .. we must learn to fly it on the Moon :)

More news from the Reds

Pravda has an interesting news story and several pictures that show a completely new spacecraft on the way to the Moon, and over the dark side. Allegedly this was just an unmanned flight, and the astronauts on this "highly successful mission" were just padded dummies. But we suspect that the Koviets have made an unsuccessful attempt to put men on the Moon!!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Burning Bridges

After extremely time consuming preparations, the next mission is ready. When the sun rises, we will go the Moon again ..

23.jpg

20.jpg

Lander and ascent stage. Weight of the landing craft is 3.7t. This particular lander has never been flight tested on Earth, because it's using a special low thrust engine. We came to believe that the previous lander reached optimal performance only under Earth gravity, and that this lead to the failure on the Moon, where a different power / weight ratio is needed. If the engine is optimal under Earth gravity, it will be too powerful on the Moon, and even tiny adjustments to the throttle will result in the craft going wildly up and down.

Burning Bridges

We are ready to again go to the Moon, and do the other things.

Through hard lessons we have we learned how to get to the Moon. Since we have practiced extensively on Earth I am more optimistic about the landing, too.

With a bit of luck we may even make it back, although that is new ground.

50.jpg

We have liftoff.

51.jpg

Kapollo leaves Earth, only 300.000 km to go.

52.jpg

Separation of the first stage.

53.jpg

A final burn that will bring us into Earth orbit.

54.jpg

One of the nicer orbits.

55.jpg

Mission time 1:35

After one Earth orbit and the trans lunar burn, we are on a elliptical orbit to the Moon.

56.jpg

As we are getting into the gravitational field of the Moon, it turns out that the course was accurate enough.

57.jpg

After another braking maneuvre. We are now in Lunar Orbit!

58.jpg

Circling the Moon.

59.jpg

Still circling in lunar orbit, looking for the right time to slow down, and a good landing site.

60.jpg

We slow down and will see where we hit the surface.

61.jpg

This should do. We are now on a descent arc to the lunar surface. The terrain at the landing spot could be a bit rough.

Theoretically we could have tried to land in one of the big craters (darker). Tempting, but this shalll be reserved for our later, scientific missions.

62.jpg

Slowing down at a constant rate of ~65 m/s

63.jpg

Terrain looks ok, at least from up here.

64.jpg

3.000m
Separation of the second stage. It did well, and saved us a lot of fuel for the landing maneuvre.

65.jpg

Stage comes down below us. With our luck we will probably land directly on top of it ..
Terrain still looking good from up here.

66.jpg

The final moments.

The descent engine behaves much better this time, as our scientists have predicted.
In the smaller lunar gravity we can control our descent rate nicely, between 0 and 5 m/s.

And in the final moments of the lunar landing this is crucial.

67.jpg

Cutoff the engine and .. touchdown!
It was so smooth that I hardly noticed a thing.
The ship had hardly any lateral movement, just settled on the ground like a feather.

Also note that we touched down at 275m, not on 0.
A ground radar would have been nice. This could have been one of the reasons for the previous failures.

68.jpg

9:31.56

First successful landing on the Moon.

Turns out that we alighted on a slope and the ship is slowly skidding down.
All the time I was afraid that it would tip over, but it was never critcal, and after ~50m it finally came to a rest

72.jpg

First scientific result: The Moon is grey and boring!

74.jpg

This is our landing spot. It should be nicely situated for the flight back to Earth.

Mission time 9:40. Go for the ascent from the Moon.

75.jpg

Liftoff!!

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

We directly aim at the Earth and are now on a direct course home. We will not attempt orbits or anything, just brake with our remaining fuel, hit the athmosphere and let it slow us down, then make a splash down somewhere.

79.jpg

One last look back.

80.jpg

Our "collision" course with the home planet.

81.jpg

As the ship enters the athmosphere like a cannonball it becomes clear that I miscalculated the reentry.

We are still going at 2.600 m/s and because of the low thrust of the engine, it will take a long time time to slow down. While we still have enough fuel we began the brake meneuvre much too late. At this speed there it will not be enough time to slow down completely!!

82.jpg

23.000m and only seconds before we hit the ground. The only chance is to jettision everything, and see if the retro pack and the chute can slow us down. I think we may lose the crew, but decide to give it a try.

83.jpg

The retro pack fired and the chute is out, but will it open?

84.jpg

the reentry has slowed us down, we might make it. C'mon.

87.jpg

The parachute opens. We made it!!

The reentry was critical, but we were lucky this time.

86.jpg

Slowly coming down.

85.jpg

We are slowly gliding down on the parachute. I don't think anything can go wrong now.

88.jpg

Splashdown in the ocean!!

89.jpg

90.jpg

The helicopters will pick us up in a few minutes.

91.jpg

92.jpg

Mission statistics. We hit 22G during rentry!!

Mission success!!

While this mission was extremely hazardous and daring, we achieved all important milestones. We landed on the Moon and returned safely to Earth.

Peter

Arcane
:salute:

What now? I'm sure the Koviets are already plotting how to one-up you.

Burning Bridges

Failed Koviets landing?

We are evaluating new top secret images.

It appears that between our last two missions, the Reds must have attempted a landing of their own and are covering up their failure.

41.jpg

43.jpg

42.jpg

The object looks like an unknown lander of very interesting design. But it appears very heavy built, and that's probably the reason why it crashed on the Moon.

The Kremlin denies everything and claims that it was just an unmanned test. "The lunar missions of our ideologic enemy were an extreme gamble, and many people have died. We would never attempt such a landing before it is safe."

What can they be up to now, now that we made a succesful landing and return?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Can you do docking procedures? Any chance of an apollo style command module orbiting the moon that the lander has to dock with before returning to earth?

Burning Bridges

The Koviets Get Their Turn

Privyet!

korolev_for_web.jpg

My name Aleksei Spermatov. And I chief space engineer of Koviet Union. Today I introduce you to space program. Before: please don't believe lies / propaganda that we were failure! In fact we testing new Landing Apparat!!! When Apparat ready, it will enable scientific work which exceed ANYTHING the capitalist make.

It shall be ready for anniversary of party.

Do svidania.

101.jpg

100.jpg

102.jpg

Burning Bridges

vesti.jpg

Privyet Comrades!

Today more news about successful Koviet Lunar Program.

My name Ella Spermatova, and I wife of space engineer, and chief news presenter of Koviet Union Space TV.

With instruction from Comrade General Secretary I am present you more detailed information about coming steps.

First, we will conduct real scientific mission. Not just land for taking 1 boring picture, and return without safety, like capitalist do.

We really scientifically interested in exploration of large and small crater.
And find landing site for human landing where possible safe and interesting scientific work.

Here milestone for scientific program:

1. Lunar Orbital Mission, Standard Orbit
- cartograph surface
- conduct scientific experiment
- find suitable landing site

2. Robotic Landing, Simple Probe Apparat
- land in several Krater

3. Lunar Orbital Mission, Polar Orbit
- observe feature not visible from standard orbit.

4. Test Human Landing Apparat with autonomous control

5. Human Landing

Burning Bridges

vesti.jpg

Mission Report: Luna 1

Today we have begin exploration of Moon with Orbital Apparat "Luna 1" !

This was preparatory Lunar Orbital Mission, not landing (yet).

Task for this mission:
  1. cartograph surface
  2. conduct scientific experiment
  3. find suitable landing site
For this event we invent new technology: Color TV. Very beautiful eh?

KSP 2011-12-27 10-53-25-14.jpg

We use simple, inexpensive rocket "Kemyorka". This rocket also very reliable.

KSP 2011-12-27 10-57-45-68.jpg

Separation stage 1.

KSP 2011-12-27 10-59-19-18.jpg

Stage 2 fire insertion into Parking Orbit.

KSP 2011-12-27 10-59-47-48.jpg

Separation stage 2.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-05-36-75.jpg

Stage 3 used for final orbital correction.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-05-55-37.jpg

Trans-Lunar Acceleration.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-07-52-85.jpg

We achieve nice elliptical trajectory around Moon.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-10-24-03.jpg

Mid-course correction.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-23-40-68.jpg

Apparat now over Impact Bassin "Svarovski". Altitude approximately 100km.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-40-55-18.jpg

Achieved nice, circular lunar orbit.
Currently flying over "Kremlin" Bassin.
Note interesting Kraters inside bassin (more detail next image).

KSP 2011-12-27 11-41-00-03.jpg

Large Krater "Politbiro" below us.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-44-27-90.jpg

Another orbit and again over "Svarovski" Bassin. Altitude ca 6000m.
This time note: very spectacular rim! Could this be future landing site?

KSP 2011-12-27 11-45-46-45.jpg

Pass "Svarovski" Bassin.

KSP 2011-12-27 11-53-41-70.jpg

Now over Bassin "McDonals".

KSP 2011-12-27 11-53-32-57.jpg

This picture show topography inside Bassin.

KSP 2011-12-27 12-21-48-25.jpg

One more orbit and height decreased by braking maneuvre
Achieved milestone: Very low lunar orbit. (ca 1000m.)

KSP 2011-12-27 12-42-47-65.jpg
KSP 2011-12-27 12-42-56-68.jpg

Our scienctist discover that is possible fly in orbit <3000m! Spacecraft only need have correct velocity!

This, unlike Earth, possible because of small lunar gravity.

KSP 2011-12-27 12-25-03-71.jpg

Now close approach Krater "Omsk".

KSP 2011-12-27 12-24-02-96.jpg

Krater "Omsk" 1000m

KSP 2011-12-27 12-44-54-53.jpg

KSP 2011-12-27 12-46-04-04.jpg

After more orbit, trajectory decay and probe fall to surface.

But analysis shows mission great success. We achieve very low orbit and make extremely valuable mapping of lunar surface. For international scientific community this is sensation!!

Burning Bridges

vesti.jpg

Vesti

Next Space Mission will be: Robotic Landing in Large Krater.

For this we succesfully developed Autonomous Landing Apparat "Saiga".

Task for design: Apparat must fly remote controlled. Also be simple and inexpensive, thereby enable several succesful landing.

KSP 2011-12-28 14-15-32-45.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 14-14-54-12.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 14-15-30-75.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 14-14-52-09.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 14-07-49-37.jpg

Apparat use part "Winglet" instead of Lander Leg. This work well and reliable. Also help stabilize rocket in flight.

KSP 2011-12-28 14-27-02-28.jpg

Complete Rocket and Spacecraft

Mission Luna 2 will launch Spaceport Baikonur Thursday 12pm.

Do Svidania.

Burning Bridges

vesti.jpg

Mission Report: Luna 2

KSP 2011-12-28 14-29-12-68.jpg

Rocket Launch Spaceport Baikonur.

KSP 2011-12-28 14-30-09-98.jpg

Rocket fly very well, as usual.

KSP 2011-12-28 14-30-49-76.jpg

Second stage feel somewhat weak, but platform very inexpensive. Later will come development much more powerful platform!!

KSP 2011-12-28 14-32-37-29.jpg

Separation.

KSP 2011-12-28 14-33-05-51.jpg

Trans-Lunar Acceleration Fire.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-57-53-21.jpg

Parking Orbit.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-02-53-68.jpg

Trajectory to Moon.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-08-56-31.jpg

Now interesting escape flight trajectory close to Lunar surface.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-11-45-82.jpg

If we decelerate into orbit will much fuel need. (stage 3 very weak because of greater weight probe).

We find other solution. We make braking maneuvre over "McDonals" Bassin, and attempt landing there.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-11-49-03.jpg

Stage separation .

KSP 2011-12-28 17-12-57-32.jpg

Now use descent engine, maximum throttle.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-13-52-35.jpg

Ah success. We now have nice landing trajectory inside Bassin.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-15-04-07.jpg

But more possible. We attempt small course correction, to landing site near south rim of Bassin, near Kanyon "Tunguska". One of scientifically most interesting sites of Moon!

KSP 2011-12-28 17-17-48-64.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 17-18-36-09.jpg

We achieve good trajectory.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-19-48-90.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 17-28-28-45.jpg

Now unfortunately landing must take place in near darkness. This mean not only very dangerous but also: cannot show you spectacular pictures of landing descent :(

Landing was success on rim of small Mountain inside Kanyon!
Unfortunately because of darkness, landing use up almost all fuel.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-43-51-53

Now Probe must continue function until sunrise.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-44-16-00.jpg

Diagram of landing site "Luna 2" Massif.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-41-11-93.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 17-41-19-09.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 17-44-52-56.jpg

Several images of landing area.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-49-27-71.jpg

After sunrise probe continues function for many hour and achieve several important scientific result.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-51-36-79.jpg

Now bright sunshine on Moon.

KSP 2011-12-28 17-59-46-28.jpg

Landing site in "Tunguska" Kanyon.

KSP 2011-12-28 18-00-11-93.jpg

"Tunguska" Kanyon.

KSP 2011-12-28 18-00-28-76.jpg

Another view along "Tunguska" Kanyon.

KSP 2011-12-28 18-13-21-92.jpg

Scientific Result: We think that very flat area near rim may be very suitable site for future landing!

Scientific Achievement (Summary):
- Robotic Landing
- Landing inside Kanyon "Tunguska", near south rim of Bassin "McDonals"
- found possible site for future Human Landing?

After this succesful mission, Chief Engineer receive honorable medal "Hero Of Koviet Union".

korolev_for_web.jpg

Burning Bridges

vesti.jpg

Mission Report: Luna 3

KSP 2011-12-28 16-21-22-53.jpg

This time probe make landing near Svarovski Bassin.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-21-27-25.jpg

Braking Maneuvre.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-23-10-50.jpg

Descent Engine.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-24-21-76.jpg

This: landing area.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-26-32-68.jpg

Probe descent.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-28-23-35.jpg

Last moment before touchdown.

KSP%202011-12-28%2016-28-26-46.jpg

Unfortunately, controller make mistake, then this.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-28-44-68.jpg

Engine destroyed 100% in crash. But not important, because not needed any more.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-29-14-35.jpg

Probe on surface and continue function.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-30-15-40.jpg

Originally plan was to land a bit more East, at two prominent harbors in rim.

But this not bad site.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-32-32-25.jpg

Picture from landing site.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-33-54-37.jpg

Probe transmit several important scientific result.

KSP 2011-12-28 16-34-31-17.jpg

Probe continue function until night, then break down.

Mission result: 99% success (almost).

After this mission, Chief Engineer receive bouquet flowers and cash bonus 50 kopeks.

Cosmonaut-Visits-Embassy-011.jpg

Burning Bridges

vesti.jpg

Mission Report: Luna 4

Luna 4 just achieve mission goal Polar Orbit Reconaissance.

This very tricky maneuvre but which allow study of hidden features and practicing new orbital procedure.

KSP 2011-12-28 19-36-59-79.jpg

Spaceship first achieve complicated Polar Orbit Earth.

KSP 2011-12-28 19-40-22-60.jpg

Over Earth South Pole.

KSP 2011-12-28 19-44-26-93.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 19-49-27-23.jpg

Then more complicated maneuvre into Achieve Lunar Polar Orbit.

KSP 2011-12-28 19-59-15-71.jpg

Mission discover many new, before hidden features. Scientific analysis in progress ..

KSP 2011-12-28 20-00-37-75.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-00-45-40.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-07-03-37.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-08-23-01.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-31-03-92.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-37-58-18.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-38-20-67.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-40-26-25.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-44-40-07.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-55-55-26.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 20-56-12-03.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-01-31-00.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-04-27-29.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-07-16-71.jpg

Final low Lunar Polar Orbit, permit study of features from 2000-3000m.

KSP 2011-12-28 21-17-48-79.jpg

Multiple Impact Bassin over Lunar South Pole

KSP 2011-12-28 21-18-41-34.jpg

Onteresting canyon / rift structure over South Pole discovered.

KSP 2011-12-28 21-22-56-04.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-23-29-26.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-23-57-29.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-25-16-21.jpg

Discovery new Krater

KSP 2011-12-28 21-25-18-34.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-29-52-06.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-30-34-79.jpg

KSP 2011-12-28 21-35-30-78.jpg

Lunar North Pole

KSP 2011-12-28 21-40-14-68.jpg

Finally attempt hard landing near end of mission timeline.

KSP 2011-12-28 21-40-18-65.jpg

But transmission loss (framerate). Spaceship go out of control and impact very hard, and crash.

Mission result: another big victory for space program. Achieve first observation of lunar Poles and many hidden features. Currently evaluation of rich scientific data in progress.
Some still top secret.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom