Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Discover The Fate Of Atlantis ! (Completed)

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by ghostdog, Jul 21, 2010.

  1. Drakron Arcane

    Drakron
    Joined:
    May 19, 2005
    Parrots:
    5,727
    Click here and disable ads!
    I think if you pick "With LUCK you might just squeeze through" she will do it.

    But yes, there are no dead ends outside DEATH ... never argue with a Nazi holding a gun.
     
    ^ Top  
  2. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

    ghostdog
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Parrots:
    9,437
    ^ Yeah, I know. I usually go for the smartass replies to make things more interesting.
     
    ^ Top  
  3. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

    Self-Ejected
    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2010
    Parrots:
    20,275
    Location:
    DiNMRK
    IIRC there are 4-5 places you can die in the game. Also, losing any fistfights vs. nazis (fists path) will get you killed.
     
    ^ Top  
  4. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

    ghostdog
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Parrots:
    9,437

    Is this the end ? Is our favorite archaeologist buried forever in Knossos Labyrinth ? Will Kerner have both Atlantis and the girl ? Will Hitler become an invincible orichalcum-generated GUNDAM robot ?

    [​IMG] Not if I can help it. [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Our trusty ship rib hasn't failed us yet !

    [​IMG] You know, I think one of the stones is starting to move.

    [​IMG]

    :salute:









    Das Boot.










    [​IMG]


    We've got a ride to catch.

    [​IMG]

    Uh-oh.

    [​IMG] I'm the captain here... and I don't tolerate stoways.

    All responses lead to the same thing, so let's be xtreme.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Are you a sub-captain or merely sub-human ?

    [​IMG] Defend yourself, Amerkanischer Schwein !

    [​IMG]


    He's as frail as a puppy.

    [​IMG]

    Fuck yeah !

    [​IMG] Whoa ! We're getting underway !


    We better get down.

    [​IMG]


    I have a hunch we are.

    [​IMG]


    Hmm, we're moving around in the waters near the Thera island.

    [​IMG]




    I think it's time to take matters on our hands. Let's check out this lever here.

    [​IMG]


    What ? I searched for the word and it's not even a real German word. Probably some kind of pun. Anyway, It's customed to pull all levers we come across, so...

    [​IMG] Wonderful ! It snapped right off !

    Great, we just destroyed a valuable piece of equipment. Let's see what else we can destroy, there's an intercom here:

    [​IMG]


    Hmm, it's not a bad idea to clear the submarine of any wandering sailors.

    [​IMG] Now hear this : "all hands to the stern torpedo bay."


    That should do it. Let's get down... hey it's Sophia !

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Sorry. Must have been my imagination.

    [​IMG] Grr.


    Damn, that guy is a real watchdog. We must find another way to reach Sophia. To the left we find the kitchen. There's a loaf of bread here, I bet Jones is getting hungry.

    [​IMG]


    And what about those pieces of cold meat hanging from the ceiling ?

    [​IMG] Bratwurst, bologna and salami. They've just about got themselves a delicatessen here.

    Let's make a sandwich, then !

    [​IMG] It's a sandwich worthy of Dagwood Bumstead.


    This sandwich along with a beer-mug and some other stuff are used in the WITS path. Here all we can do with it, is fill our bellies.

    [​IMG]


    Further on, we come across another piece of machinery.

    [​IMG]


    Of course we try to use it...

    [​IMG]

    Whoa, we're actually controlling the submarine with this. This one is the speed lever. As you can see the other instrument is the one we destroyed, so it can't be used right now.

    Let's see what other controls we can find here...

    [​IMG]


    I have no idea what this thing does. Why don't we move to-

    [​IMG]

    Still standing in "attention". One can only admire the efficiency of the German troops.

    Now, why don't we search the lower level of the sub ? Some kind of fluid is leaking down there.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] That stuff looks pretty corrosive.

    Corrosive you said ? We must absolutely have this ! The clay jar seems like the best container to store the fluid.

    [​IMG]


    If we step a bit to the right we'll find ourselves next to where Sophia is detained. The German has been trying to interrogate her... unsuccessfully. Maybe we should try to talk to her through the vent :

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Indy ?

    [​IMG] Jones can't save you now, Madame !

    [​IMG] Uh... wait... I'm getting a message...

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Nur-Ab-What ?

    [​IMG] An old friend from Atlantis. His spirit is calling me.

    Let's talk to the great spirit.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Alas, Nur-Ab-Sal is weak and far away.

    [​IMG] Where are the stone disks ?

    [​IMG] Uh... Nur-Ab-Sal refuses to share his secrets until he is released !

    [​IMG] Come on, tell me where the stones are.

    [​IMG] Nur-Ab-Sal is impatient and angry and uncooperative today !

    Damn her hardheadedness !

    [​IMG] Tell nur-An-Sal that I've got a plan.

    [​IMG] Nur-Ab-Sal is listening...

    [​IMG] Just distract the guard for a while, okay ?

    [​IMG] Nur-Ab-Sal understands all... Wait... what... oh, darn !

    [​IMG] What happened ?

    [​IMG] I've lost contact.

    [​IMG] Too bad.


    The guard seems gullible enough.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] What is it now ?

    [​IMG] I was just wondering...

    [​IMG] Yes ?

    [​IMG] Oh, it's probably nothing.

    [​IMG] I order you to finish your sentence.

    [​IMG] Well, you know, you look just like William the Conquerer.

    [​IMG] You think so ?

    [​IMG] The resemblance is uncanny.

    A spitting image.

    [​IMG] I always suspected that I had royal blood in my veins !

    [​IMG] Perhaps I should tell your fortune.

    [​IMG] Would you ?

    [​IMG] Certainly, here goes...

    [​IMG]


    Wow, she can really read the future. Now that the guard is occupied we can go downstairs with ease. Hey, our old friend Kernel is right next door ! And what's that in front of us ?

    [​IMG]


    Of course we grab it. It might come in handy.
    Ok, now it's time to take care of that guard. Let's sneak up to him and surpr-

    [​IMG]

    fuck.

    [​IMG] Talk fast, and I better like your tone of voice, or you're a DEAD MAN !

    [​IMG] Hi, I'm selling these fine leather jackets.

    [​IMG] You think I'd fall for that, Amerikanner spy ?!

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]


    Wiseguys have it tough in this game. Let's try another approach.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] "Bucket head" ? What kind of an insult is that ?

    [​IMG] I'll let Sophia explain it to you [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    What, no hugs and kisses ?

    [​IMG] Nice work. Do you know how to run this boat ?

    [​IMG] Are you kidding Jones ? I'm a spiritualist, not a navigator !

    [​IMG] So, what do we do now ?

    [​IMG] Kerner claims here's an underwater entrance to Atlantis near here. Let's find it.

    [​IMG] Any idea where Kerner put the stones ?

    [​IMG] We're out of luck. He's got them in his quarters.

    [​IMG] We'll see about that.


    I'm sure we'll come up with something, but first I'm curious about what this wheel here is...

    [​IMG]


    Ah, it's locked. Let's search the rest of the ship.

    [​IMG] Are you coming ?

    [​IMG] I'll stay here and make sure Sleeping beauty doesn't wake up.


    Ok, if we walk a bit to the right we'll find a trap door that leads next to Kerner's room. The walls are thin...

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Relax ? We're approaching a civilization that played with the forces of nature the way we play with toys !

    [​IMG] Come now, don't exaggerate.

    [​IMG] How else do you explain the wonders of orichalcum, or the stone disks... Hm... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE STONES ?!

    [​IMG] Calm down, they're right behind you, in the captain's strong box.

    [​IMG] Oh... Where was I ?...


    How nice of them to mention the location of the stones. Let's examine the strong box.

    [​IMG]


    Certainly not strong enough to withstand my acid attack.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Here are the stone disks... and there's a small key here too !


    Two birds with one stone. Now let's see if we can repair that instrument we broke. We need a new lever and that plumber's stick looks like it could do the trick...

    [​IMG]


    Amazing. All that leaves us is that locked wheel. How about using the little key we've got ?

    [​IMG]


    Incredible. Now we have all the instruments that control the submarine's movement at our disposal. Kerner thinks that the entrance to Atlantis is near here... Let's see if he's right !


    MINIGAME !


    The entrance is randomly chosen each time. Right now it seems the entrance to Atlantis is.... HERE !

    [​IMG]


    So, we must navigate the submarine into the air lock. From left to right we have the controls for depth, direction, :don'tknow: and speed.

    [​IMG]


    After some precise calculations and many delicate maneuvers...

    [​IMG]


    BINGO !


    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] We're hundreds of feet below sea level, yet there's enough air pressure to keep the water out. How is it possible ?

    [​IMG] Welcome to Atlantis, Indy.




    Welcome to Atlantis.
     
    ^ Top  
  5. qliveur Educated

    qliveur
    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2008
    Parrots:
    71
    Location:
    BumFuckedEgypt
    In this case I was referring to the situation involving a sacred bull, a queen cursed with zoophilia and a hollow, artificial cow constructed by Daedalus.
    :lol:
     
    ^ Top  
  6. spekkio Arcane

    spekkio
    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2009
    Parrots:
    7,140
    MOAR please!
     
    ^ Top  
  7. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Parrots:
    5,501
    Location:
    Neverwhere
     
    ^ Top  
  8. Wulfstand Liturgist

    Wulfstand
    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2009
    Parrots:
    2,100
    A true adventure game, one of the best!

    [​IMG] Can we add this one to our library?

    Also, MOAR!
     
    ^ Top  
  9. Brother None Prestigious Gentleman inXile Entertainment Developer

    Brother None
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2004
    Parrots:
    5,621
    Did you just leave the captain's limp form atop the submarine when it went under? p extreme

    "bucket head"? "pail"? The puns, they hurt!
     
    ^ Top  
  10. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

    ghostdog
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Parrots:
    9,437
    That's what you get for sleeping when on duty, on top of a submarine. [​IMG]



    Now, I am spending most of my time playing a certain strategy/RPG/sensual game, but I was also usure as to how to proceed with the LP...

    Should I :

    [ ] Continue as it is.
    [ ] Also show the other two paths leading to Atlantis.
    [ ] Let meetdug and Andyman pick it up and finish it in a joint effort.
     
    ^ Top  
  11. Azira Arcane Patron

    Azira
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Parrots:
    7,613
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Codex 2012
    [ ] Continue as it is.
    [x ] Also show the other two paths leading to Atlantis.
    [ ] Let meetdug and Andyman pick it up and finish it in a joint effort.
     
    ^ Top  
  12. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

    Andyman Messiah
    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2004
    Parrots:
    9,898
    Location:
    Narnia
    [X] Also show the other two paths leading to Atlantis.

    Or don't. It's pretty much whatevs if you ask me. I can take care of one of them if you're not feeling up to the task. :M

    Oh you. I'm actually considering bringing in meetdug as co-host for my upcoming video lp of Xenogears.
     
    ^ Top  
  13. DaveO Augur

    DaveO
    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Parrots:
    946
    Another vote for the alternate paths! I do realize this means more time, but for this Indy game it should be worth the effort.
     
    ^ Top  
  14. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

    ghostdog
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Parrots:
    9,437
    "meetdug" "co-host" "video lp" "Xenogears"

    ^ Red Alert ! Echelon just picked up a conversation that could lead to a revolt of unthinkable proportions. :lol:
     
    ^ Top  
  15. Silellak Liturgist

    Silellak
    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Parrots:
    3,198
    Location:
    Tucson, AZ
     
    ^ Top  
  16. Brother None Prestigious Gentleman inXile Entertainment Developer

    Brother None
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2004
    Parrots:
    5,621
    [x ] Also show the other two paths leading to Atlantis.

    Sorry dude

    PS: also show the Minotaur sex path. I know it's there! I JUST KNOW IT!
     
    ^ Top  
  17. Darth Slaughter Arcane Patron

    Darth Slaughter
    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2008
    Parrots:
    2,704
    Location:
    Brazil
    Divinity: Original Sin
    show the other 2 alternate paths.

    it's about all the same thing once you reach atlantis, no matter the path.

    And by playing them, the LP will feel more complete...
     
    ^ Top  
  18. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

    Self-Ejected
    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2010
    Parrots:
    20,275
    Location:
    DiNMRK
    At the very least, the WITS path needs to be shown. Going team is like playing monkey island 3 without selecting Monkey Island Mega Monkey
     
    ^ Top  
  19. SoupNazi Arcane Patron

    SoupNazi
    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2010
    Parrots:
    4,348
    Location:
    DX:HR Fanboy Central
    Serpent in the Staglands
    [X] Also show the other two paths leading to Atlantis.
     
    ^ Top  
  20. Fafnir Scholar

    Fafnir
    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2009
    Parrots:
    873
    Location:
    Sweden
     
    ^ Top  
  21. qliveur Educated

    qliveur
    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2008
    Parrots:
    71
    Location:
    BumFuckedEgypt
    [ ] Continue as it is.
    [X] Also show the other two paths leading to Atlantis.
    [ ] Let meetdug and Andyman pick it up and finish it in a joint effort.
     
    ^ Top  
  22. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

    ghostdog
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Parrots:
    9,437

    Ok I new it would come to that. So let's see what would have happened if Indy gave Sophia the boot and went on to take action onto his own hands, or more precisely... FISTS.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Are you absolutely sure ?

    [​IMG] Yes, I'm sure. I want action.

    [​IMG] Okay, if, that's how you feel. I won't try to stop you.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]









    Alternate History - FISTS : Just A Simple Professor... With Nerves Of Steel.









    Yep. It's time to chew gum and kick ass... and we're all out of gum.

    [​IMG]


    Algiers is a different place now. The beggar doesn't have much to say and the balloon isn't on the roof anymore.

    [​IMG]


    No more knife-throwers and squab-on-a-stick sellers, either. Well, at least we'll still find Al-Jabbar in his shop, right ?

    [​IMG]


    ...wrong.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Are you Omar ?

    [​IMG] You mean MISTER Al-Jabbar ? Ha ha ha. That is an oh-so-good one, effendi. I'm his trusted servant, Paul... Paul Abdul.

    Paul Abdul ? :lol:

    [​IMG] Can you arrange a meeting with Mr. Al-Jabbar ?

    [​IMG] I suppose I could, effendi, but my master rarely deals with clients in person. Why should I bother him ?

    [​IMG]

    All responses lead to the same thing...

    [​IMG] Doesn't everyone ? You'll have to give me a better reason than that.


    Unless we somehow give him a good reason he won't set up a meeting, so there's nothing more to do here. How about venturing into the streets of the inner city ?

    [​IMG]


    Nothing more to do here, it seems. Xtreme indy will have to subdue his rage and go to Monte Carlo.

    [​IMG]


    Hey, that's Trottier in the street there ! Thank god for metagaming knowledge.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Possibly... who wants to know ?

    [​IMG] Dr. Indiana Jones of Barnett College.

    [​IMG] Jones... Jones.... Ah yes, the famous archaeologist !

    [​IMG] Actually, I'm just a simple professor.

    [​IMG] Leave the modesty to me sir. Allain Trottier : amateur scholar, part-time poet, professional dreamer.

    And delusional sucker. Yeah, yeah, we know.

    [​IMG] I've heard you deal in Atlantean artifacts.

    [​IMG] Ahh, my reputation precedes me. But to prove you're worth dealing with, answer me this : Why did the Atlanteans build their "huge Colossus" ?

    [​IMG]

    All of us familiar with Plato's work, know the answer of course.

    [​IMG] Yes ! Excellent ! Obviously you know Plato's lost Dialogue well.

    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Personally, I doubt I can help you, but my name IS recognized among dealers in antiquities. Maybe my business card will be of some use to you.

    Yay, we got Trottier's business card.

    [​IMG]


    And with that at hand it's time to go back to Algiers.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] Hmmm, the business card of Monseiur Trottier. That's different. Perhaps Mr. Al-Jabbar WILL desire to speak to you.

    [​IMG] Will you take me to him ?

    [​IMG] I'll go talk to Mr. Al-Jabbar. Wait here until I get back.


    Now we can wait here all we want, but it won't do us any good. What we should do is follow Paula --er-- Paul Abdul, in order to find Omar's house.

    [​IMG]


    Super-mini game ! We'll follow the red fez around the busy Algerian streets...

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]


    Victory !
    Hey, what's going on here ?

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] ...not for all the riches in the world.

    [​IMG] Tell me more or, die !

    [​IMG] May the fleas of a thousand camels torment you !


    An evil NAZI is threatening our dear Omar ! We can't let this go on.
    There are two ways to deal with it...




    ===============================================================================
    1. THE WAY OF THE WHIP:
    ===============================================================================

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    pawned by hanging crockery.




    ===============================================================================
    2. APPROACH OF THE NINJA BARBARIAN
    ===============================================================================

    Let's silently sneak up to him-

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Damn, dual-classing a barbarian into a ninja wasn't such a good idea.

    [​IMG] Oops.

    [​IMG] So, Dr. Jones, you fell right into my trap !

    Let's be stereotypical too : No, it's YOU who fell into MY trap !

    [​IMG]

    :WHAM:

    [​IMG]

    ===============================================================================





    Whichever way we chose to deal with the soldier, the conclusion is always a happy Omar.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] What's your name ?

    [​IMG] Indiana Jones.

    [​IMG] Realy ? The famous archaeologist ? What brings you to North Africa ?

    When you're badass everyone has heard of you.

    [​IMG] I've heard you know something about Atlantis. I'm looking for it.

    [​IMG] Take my advice, Doctor, and give up. There are men who will KILL to stop you.

    Meh, Kick-ass Jones doesn't give a shit.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] You know the man, I see. He forced me to reveal the source of my Atlantean artifacts. He and his team are out in the desert, turning a modest discovery of mine into a major dig.

    [​IMG] What are they searching for ?

    [​IMG] They seem to have found an outpost of the Lost Kingdom, and they're stealing my treasures !

    [​IMG] What were they doing here ?

    [​IMG] The dig site isn't enough to sate their greed. They want more.

    [​IMG] Camel-flea-ridden bastards all of them !

    [​IMG] Now, since you saved my life, here's a map and a camel to speed you on your way.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG] What map ? Which camel ?


    We'll have to find them ourselves. Let's search the house.
    There's a blackbird statue here...

    [​IMG]

    heh.

    [​IMG]


    We can pick it up but it doesn't do us any good now, it's for another PATH. The same goes for a soapstone carving we can find nearby. What is of importance though, is that bamboo stick here.

    [​IMG]


    Now, what's that hanging from the ceiling ?

    [​IMG]


    That stick will help us steal Omar's laundry...

    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]


    I guess it's time we rode that camel that awaits by the window, and venture into the vast, deadly desert.

    [​IMG]

    I hope it doesn't die on us after a couple of miles...



    Stay tuned. Next time we'll be chased by sand-nazis, dodge bullets and kick more ass.
     
    ^ Top  
  23. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Parrots:
    5,501
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    [​IMG]

    I love this pic, I suggest we upload it as an avatar image. So the Fists' path predates (and is much better than) the XTREME/dumbed down gameplay of Mass Erect?
     
    ^ Top  
  24. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

    ghostdog
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Parrots:
    9,437
  25. Azira Arcane Patron

    Azira
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Parrots:
    7,613
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Codex 2012
    You even need to ask?
     
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)