Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's catch plasma in Xenonauts: an Ironman LP

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm lucky fool it seems.
What a mess.

Dead Guy

Cipher
First to fight fall!

I think I did a good job considering I was obviously suffering from jaundice.
:hero:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sign me up. You can trust me, even if my name might tell you otherwise ;):salute:

Update 9: Recocked

2nd Oct - 6th Oct

Remembrances are held for our missing comrades. Naturally I tell all your friends, family and colleagues that they died bravely, fighting for a better future - leaving out the part where you fell like little bitches and four of you are currently receiving the proper punishment for being a bitch
:rpgcodex:
JeHxrMe.jpg

Where there are proles, there must be bread and there must be circuses. To distract simple minds I've allowed our air crew to customise their charges, though they seem intent on self-destruction by painting the entire thing a bloody red.
B8AZ8U8.png

The Russian built MiGs residing in North America apparantly were already given names. The replying fax I received from that base simply saying "FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY, FUCK YEAH!". Whatever the hell that means.
v0MWVDf.png

The bed sheets of asfasdf and Dead Guy haven't even had the stains removed when we get some fresh meat to take up their vacated bunks :smug:
zPT5xIW.png

Grimgravy, Quilty, MrContinuity, Nevill, The Brazilian Slaughter and Bane are welcomed into the fold and given their ceremonial red shirts.
wBNtTud.png

We have an opportunity to rest for a couple of days, awaiting the inevitable.
KDFpjNQ.png

The Squadron dispatched from Retardoland makes contact in the cold wastes of Russia, making short work of the Scout craft.
Jksr9nm.png

Freedom and Democracy didn't quite pack enough air-to-air missiles to complete the double kill I asked of them.
3L5ilAJ.png

But they did chase the UFO around long enough for us to refuel and rearm.
F7fhGt5.png

Z-Hour is expected to be dawn local time. Pray to whatever God you believe in, rookies, this is going to be a long day :smug:
2TuO1bd.png

Last edited:
Update 10: Back In business

6th Oct

I said go in at dawn for fucks sake, not the hour before
TONzEyp.jpg

Not making the same mistake twice, Quilty makes a beeline for cover straight from the Chinook...
Wq2s37i.jpg

ITZ HAPPENING AGAIN
:rage:
KGDwgoo.jpg

Local madmen provide a great means of distracting the Xenos.
0SWUGFZ.png

:yeah:
sF3AYgq.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus, they're all right there.
J0CB5db.jpg

Paxton Fettel is next man to be hit with the stun bomb, catching it right behind the crates.
PrwMJmi.jpg

But as a true Man, pain only hardens his Resolve :smug:
O6p7N8X.jpg

Having survived the alien attack, Ashery first pops one mole and then MrContinuity pops his virginity with a few cool shots.
WlnkPZn.jpg

A task force takes the top of the map, finding this bunker stocked with supplies for ITZ, but little in the way of things to shoot at.
UJZZVRE.jpg

Dextermorgan is seeing visions of her pre-op days, but swears that she's good to go on.
kVxderf.jpg

As befits these arctic conditions, the field is very open. Ashery kills an Officer that decided to try and shoot Fettel in the face rather than hide in the UFO and mindrape us.
EheJfI5.jpg

Starting to stack up for the breach, we hear the sounds of the door opening and this cute little critter sprint out...
eluoEdv.jpg

...And proceed to claw Dextermorgan's pretty plastic face off while everyone sits and gawks.
gTg5hUt.jpg

She can't even get revenge due to her shit aim and the Aliens tough hide
ZgYbUVa.jpg

Though that does open up for The Brazilian Slaughter to bring some XTREME incline :smug:
YSd8gc0.jpg

Not wanting any more unexpected surprises, we pop smoke to conceal the 'nauts left in the open.
wXbAmeB.jpg

Which, of course, doesn't help when a Harridan somehow senses our dual flanking maneuver and runs out on a suicide mission to fully-auto Hoverdog
STO3637.png

RIP hoverdog, Gaius Maximus will avenge you :salute:
1g3FUhs.jpg

We're polite and knock, but there's no response, so it looks like we're going to get hands on with the jubblies of a UFO.
vIxt25c.jpg

MrContinuity takes point, but isn't fast enough to react when a Caesun Guard comes around the corner.
9grFMk4.jpg

He bleeds out from the newly formed hole in his chest. RIP MrContinuity :salute:
NwBL1Lb.jpg

Stepping over the fallen corpse of his comrade for the second time in as many minutes, Gaius Maximus executes the Xenos with prejudice.
wKpwnj4.jpg

Now back home for tea, medals, and to replace that badass Hoverdog's charred extremities with some cybernetic improvements :incline:
mPS3Lmx.png

You're not going to get much rest. Even with the decision to nuke the crashsite in America from orbit, you've still a potato to protect.
MKPR7Or.png

Last edited:

MrContinuity

Learned
Welp.

MrContinuity II signing up.

Also: That's New Guinea not New Zealand. +M

"To counter the biggest drop in funding, Australasia, I contract Cleve to make a secret underground lair in New Zealand."
A760OFL.png

I'M NOT BITTER OR ANYTHING OKAY

Update 11: Gecko & Coyote

6th Oct - 11th Oct

The live satellite feed of the combat zone reveal a rather interesting battle unfold.
QShVFg5.jpg

Despite the most hostiles we've met so far greeting us on the doorstep of our modified Chinook, we blast our way into a dominant position in the adjacent cornfield.
XelOUlo.jpg

Sebillians are tough critters, and despite being engaged from three different quarters, we're able to take advantage of their poor shooting skills with long range engagements.
23PzCwQ.jpg

Liberal usage of grenades, both of the smoke and fragmentation variety, take care of anything using cover to get close.
LblIHXt.jpg

We do all this without the help of Gaius Maximus, who can shoot everything except the sole target.
TFsxy4j.jpg

Having kicked scaly arse all across the map, we prep for an assault, knowing that this Gargol was likely hiding just inside the UFO.
Onx99z3.jpg

Quilty blocks like a fucking heavyweight champion to set us up for an easy kill.
byXrCt5.jpg

In theory at least. Bane decides he'd much rather shoot Ashery in the back, but Grimgravy and Gaius Maximus both make full usage of their shotguns at close range.
6fzhJub.jpg

Moving in, The Brazilian Slaughter cops a hefty blob of plasma, guaranteeing him plenty of company with our fit, buxom nurses once we're back at base.
lU8nJoJ.jpg

Grimgravy swept in and sealed the deal with a single, decisive round from his shotgun.
sGTR98y.png

Good news is usually matched with bad news: but here there is none of that - our scientists finally making a breakthrough
s8PICuN.png

The rest of the week passes without much event. The engineers claim they can manufacture a suit of Jackal Armour every day, which is something we just have to deal with. Our secondary and tertiary bases are starting to come along nicely, and we should be able to solve our manufacturing problems soon.
CcZOycU.png
Slight spoiler - I'm gonna need more fresh blood :M

Last edited:
Update 12: Illegal Aliens

11th Oct - 12th Oct

Previously on Xenonauts: Catching Plasma...
h6xjBY9.png

:M Our flyboys rip them to shreds. Nothing larger than a Scout craft.
lMKIuPM.jpg

And here is Ulminati, sporting the latest in battlefield fashion - our first suit of fully functional Jackal Armour.
3b3adtQ.png

Don't fail me now guys. Four crashsites will give big moola.
6GPWizJ.jpg

Right out of the gate and we run into trouble. Ulminati opens the garage door to recieve a faceful of of alien scum.
LtPU0qV.jpg

Reaction fire strikes the floor right where he was and luckily nobody goes down in the blast.
o2KjJK2.jpg

A cloud of Vortex explodes on the wall, Ashery spots the firer well hidden inside another garage.
bvOysd6.jpg

A massive smokescreen can cover the road south of the Chinook, but that doesn't save our bro. Hoverdog takes the fall.
bfZADWQ.jpg

Ulminati cleanses the garage with holy promethium.
hzmGiBQ.jpg

Size 88 master key. Works on every kind of lock :smug:
wgv688i.jpg

We spot this Viper ducking and diving through cover half a map away, but it evades all our attempts to find it.
LKwk3DR.jpg

It went for Azira, but he managed to block its attacks :salute:
98MsW9u.jpg

Establishing overwatch on a nearby roof, we sweep the map clean of any further Xenos.
ELJPF7Y.jpg

Tea, cake and few field promotiosn are rewarded to our brave soldiers.
Gv6y3lK.png

Second drop and we smash our way through the few aliens who survived the crash. 4 Caesuns die before we turn our attention to the UFO.
cIsLE8n.jpg

Sweet mother of god...
ZIf44nV.jpg

7Vhm93b.jpg

Ding! The bell sounds for Round 3.
pb4HNo6.png

From out of the smoke a stun grenade lands at the feet of Azira, KO'ing him.
qE2Kb6v.jpg

Too late we flush out the culprit.
OIyQw9H.jpg

Such is the fate of all... what the actual fuck is that thing!?
:what:
v97YuJQ.png

OH GAWD ITZ HERE

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
pvt. Nevill is severely underused. Even though everyone drafted with him got a special mention. Or a bullet. Sad. :(

All I wanted was to pop moles with a rocket launcher. :M

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Wait a minute, there's a xenonauts LP happening and nobody told me about it? Sign me up for the forces of humanity.

Update 13: ERA

12th Oct

Time to kill us some bugs.

It might be big, but that just means we're going to be thinking bigger. Night Goat, as a Scout, is packing two seperate charges of High Explosive.
sXt55j0.jpg

Gregsy gives Azira a helping hand back onto the battle bus. We would be lost without his cowardice :salute:
vHuY07q.jpg

The Alien popped up, shrugging off Ashery's fucking sniper rifle and healing up from the damage caused by Gaius Maximus' rocket exploding in close vicinity.
s6bTtsn.jpg

But Ulminati had predicted this attack - hurling his High Explosive satchel in between the Skyranger and the Alien.
5Nqap0O.jpg

Foolish beastie doesn't know that walls are no defense from our fury :smug:
gG5clKI.jpg

...fuck me sideways and call me Penny, what little hits seemed to hurt it just got regenerated.
OFql4uW.jpg

Big bang deterred it from coming closer.
EXJouOi.jpg

Night Goat drops another bomb to cover our retreat before bravely legging it back to his bros.
HRiedQg.jpg

:outrage: We are not running away from this thing, not without putting up a fight, not without finding out just what this thing can do.
JQKXk9v.jpg

Congratz on the kill Night Goat :M
sx2URLX.jpg

Firing squad! Assemble!
fH9Dxlo.jpg

If it bleeds we can kill it!
gYIyCnR.jpg

75ZVniR.jpg

:rpgcodex:Come at me, bro!
UOtjo0j.jpg

MSa2axQ.jpg

RIP Gaius maximus. It just tore straight through him :salute:

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Epic. Clearly you need more firepower to beat that thing. Or perhaps, you know, take over the UFO and win the mission by staying inside a few turns, but that wouldn't be fun, right? :M

Update 14: Kill The Queen

12th Oct - 16th Oct

:flamesaw: Let's see how this cunt likes napalm.
bB32ifK.jpg

Night Goat blows up the nearby wall with a pair of frags and Ashery takes the easiest shot of his life.
HBv1KUc.jpg

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!
OZCGamD.jpg

DSl555u.jpg

:smug: Didn't even need our flamethrower.

20065.jpg
: Oh hai guyz, what's going on here? :retarded:
TLyvKpB.jpg

We blew up half the map, the rest of the battle is a doddle despite some friendly fire.
xalFWJq.jpg

I can't help but think we're responsible for most of those civilian casualties :M
IZ24QEI.png

Let's hope there isn't another of those things this mission. The entire squad needed to combine all its firepower to stave it off, throw in a couple of supporting Xenos and we'd be shit out of luck.
W1zfy7m.jpg

I think our pilots are trying to get us killed.
SuP92Y8.png

Pop!
cGbR1ug.png

Bang!
NlaLKlL.jpg

A pair of little Vipers attack us when we're trying to move into a field, but the local farmers provide some tasty, tasty shields.
9BLlTVF.jpg

It's handy knowing the kill radius of rockets :smug:
fYUZSfr.jpg

A Vortex shot from somewhere to the North incapacitates Azira. Our return fire is of a more deadly variety.
fp9IN9I.jpg

A pair of redshirts are holding out from the UFO and the barn. We're closing from both sides.
c9Dk8Mj.jpg

Paxton Fettel takes a hit and drops, hiding for dear life behind his bathtub as plasma burns craters into the concrete.
vonEMo9.jpg

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. Gaius Maximus sweeping in behind to shotgun the final Caesun :salute:
UrryXVu.png

10 Scientists arrive at Retardoland just in time to help us unlock the secrets of the Xenos energy source, Elerium Alenium.
yyCE0fB.png

The onslaught is held off for a couple of days, but the next wave brings in a new challenge.
BVer3QJ.png

Outmaneuvered and outclassed :smug:
jmnFxS0.png

A UFO lands in the frozen north, safe from our fighters. The aim is to rotate through whenever we need to refuel.
OZo1pSE.jpg

The Shoutbox takes part in a Top Gear episode and chases the dawn, touching down early on the 16th.
9d4ulcX.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom