Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's bring monocles and steam to the savage wilds in Clockwork Empires and get eaten by fishpeople.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
We have newpage sign!

Hellraiser

Arcane
NEW ANTIPODIA II:
The bravery of men in imperial uniforms and the frontier.

Day 1

CE8-004.png

I began my duties by ordering the useless gits to chop down some trees and gather the local fungus.

CE8-006.png

Luckily they soon discovered a herd of Aurochs. I told the brave imperial men of the army to hunt these beasts so that we may feast on their juicy flesh. Spare no bullets lads!

Yeah, they finally added ammo.

CE8-007.png

Cog save us! We have encountered a most vile creature, a man-shaped fish. Luckily this hideous foul thing has been quickly dispatched by our brave soldiers.

CE8-008.png

They also added coffins. As if I would need those considering how rampant cannibalistic disposal of corpses is present in the game.

Day 2

CE8-010.png

The proles start tilting the fields so that we may sustain ourselves on precious gluten-rich wheat and pumpkins.

Also they added notifications in the event log so that you know what you picked.

Day 3

CE8-012.png

An attack arrived. It seems these fishpeople are able to wield crude and no doubt equally cruel and uncivilized weapons.

Oh, forgot to add, they changed how building buildings works now. You place a foundation and the build an empty building. Modules, such as doors or ovens or work tables, are placed from the module menu. This finally allows you to upgrade workshops over time.

Also it seems more prestige=more supplies. At least that is what the even log message implies. And I no longer need to click the fishpeople raid event to see how many are coming.

CE8-013.png

Cog damn it all! One of our soldiers was murdered by the vile person and his body butchered and eaten!

CE8-014.png

Another soldier has been chased by a rampaging auroch. Why don't any of them stand and fight? Have I been given command of a squad of cravens?

Herd animals now fight back when you try to hunt them. Also they did some changes in the morale system and the result is, well, silly.

CE8-015.png

Basically a single soldier will never fight alone in this build. They made soldiers consider factors such as closeness to civilization, their own HP and a few other things. This needs tweaking badly as you will see soon enough.

CE8-016.png

Well, the aurochs got him. Koowardly Kraven Kolony update.

Day 4

CE8-018.png

At least the ministry is sending me more immigrants to fill all these casualties. Hopefully this lot will be braver than the last.

CE8-020.png

Or not.

CE8-022.png

Fishpeople chase down even our overseers before devouring them. These soldiers are utterly useless.

CE8-023.png

I am surrounded by cretins and cravens!

Day 5

CE8-025.png

Meanwhile more and more fishpeople gather in the surrounding wilderness. I fear we may not survive much longer.

CE8-026.png

The fishy fiends chase my colonists into the sea where they fed on their flesh in some foul feast.

CE8-028.png

Nobody is safe, even far inland. One by one, we keep losing men and women, while the fishpeople grow in strength.

Day 6

CE8-029.png

CE8-030.png

The hunt continues, more men die. Despite arms drops and the forming of new militia squads the fishpeople kill us as they please, as cowardice renders everyone unable to fight back...

CE8-031.png

CE8-033.png

Militiamen rather till the soil than fight against the fishpeople attacking them :M

Shit needs fixing.

CE8-034.png

More and more fishpeople arrive, we are utterly besieged, beyond any hope of relief.

Day 8

CE8-035.png

CE8-036.png

CE8-037.png

CE8-038.png

Ia Ia, I want to be eaten first. Spare me this suffering Dark One.

Day 9

CE8-042.png

The killing continues. I must be patient for my turn to be devoured.

CE8-045.png

None fight back, they embrace Quaggaroths gift.

CE8-047.png

It is done. I feel his tentacles. It is heaven.

Well, they need to fix this in the next experimental build revision. Didn't get to use landmines or see other fun things.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
New Antipodia III:
Murdercults, dark energies, altar architecture and [REDACTED] with a tint of Dodo.

Day 1

CE8-002.png

Supplied with enough bricks, sausages and landmines to found a new colony I order the colonists to erect my first workshop, a sawmill.

Well, they changed the construction interface slightly. Modules are now assigned to workshop filters.

CE8-003.png

While many of the common folk begin mingling and befriend one another, within the confines of their class and station as is right an proper, a most hideous fishperson tries to savage our brave imperial soldiers. He is quickly bested by musket fire.

Day 2

CE8-005.png

Having deforested the local surroundings along with foraging anything edible in the vicinity, a new farming field has been ploughed.

CE8-006.png

Another field followed, as well as a kitchen fit of a proper colony. New immigrants arrived allowing my colony to grow strong and prosper.

Day 3

CE8-008.png

I have a heard a most peculiar sound, chanting mixed with the sounds of construction somewhere in the nearby wilderness. Also the gurgling of fishpeople...

Note the notification in the event log. Vile cultists are constructing an altar! Using my building materials at that!

CE8-009.png

It seems somebody has been enamoured by new found religious fervour.

Well, they finally fixed altar construction. Or tweaked it.

Day 4

CE8-010.png

The kitchen and fields are up and running as more immigrants arrive. Soon the entire ministry will envy my settlement! Maybe there even will be photographs of me in the papers!

CE8-012.png

Between acts of random hostility from fishpeople I have noticed that more and more construction materials are going missing...

CE8-013.png

Day 5

CE8-014.png

More construction materials arrive from the Home Counties as well as more colonists! Praise the Holy Cog! Construction of simple housing begins as well.

Day 6

CE8-016.png

Screams of horror and shock filled the settlement today. Something happened to one of our overseers by the name of Stanley Cogwright. Something wicked this way comes...

CE8-017.png

CE8-018.png

Stanley turned into... something... something not quite human I believe.

And that seems to be [REDACTED]. Though granted I didn't catch it attacking anything because it was behind the walls of the kitchen. Also it may have gotten stuck there due to pathfinding issues or something. Here's hoping we see it again and it does some damage.

Day 7

CE8-021.png

Another fishpeople attack, but this one has shown something new. Soldiers can now pick up and use fishpeople guns. I hope this causes a sanity loss.

CE8-022.png

All the recent fishpeople harassment has delayed the erection of a ceramics workshop. How droll.

CE8-024.png

The fishpeople have killed two people during their raid. A most sad tragedy.

Day 8

CE8-026.png

Our naturalist has become quite fond of the Dodo, a most tasty bird. We will hunt these creatures. After all there is plenty of them, it is not like their numbers will be exhausted and the bird will go extinct.

CE8-027.png

A new altar type! Oh, and somebody is going on a murderous rampage.

CE8-028.png

:incline:

CE8-029.png

The ruinous powers of Quaggaroth have provided the cultist with an ornate dagger marked with ichtious symbolism. Also looks like one of the writers is dyslexic or uses too many automated spell-checkers.

Day 9

CE8-030.png

Murderous cultists abound! The brave troops deliver frontier justice swiftly, before these dagger-wielding fiends kill anyone.

CE8-031.png

CE8-032.png

Nine fishpeople.

:rage:

Day 10

CE8-034.png

Cog save us! The troops are utterly swarmed by the fishpeople raiding party, one soldier falls.

CE8-035.png

Ammo shortages and sheer enemy numbers make fighting back difficult.

CE8-036.png

Many die in the madness. I try to rally a new militia, but I fear it may be too late.

CE8-037.png

Eventually, after many soldiers die, the conscripts fend off most of the fishy menace.

Also there was a supply drop and I went with "GUNS, GUNS, FUCKING GUNS!".

Day 11

CE8-039.png

However some still roam about, the militia hunts them down.

To be continued...

Well, that's that for now. Expect more possibly over the weekend. This revision is pretty good. No crashes, murdercults fixed, military jobs fixed, fishpeople are pretty tough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom