Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's avoid world getting destroyed by anomaly in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
A small UFO was detected over China on 8th May. It was destroyed by Interceptor from Japan.
khgtrYV.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Another small UFO was detected and damaged over China on 19th May. It crash landed and X-Com Platoon 2 was sent to recover it.
U8bV4pZ.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It was pursued by Interceptors from Israel and North Europe until contact was lost over Libya. It was feared that it's a Terror Ship heading towards North Africa. Interceptors were spread out to find it and shot it down when it will decelerate to approach the target city.
CeFQly6.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Two hours later the UFO was detected and intercepted near Bomako by an Interceptor from West Europe.
p2MGHt8.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
You have made UFO recovery too easy by making the power source explosions so destructive :decline:
I'd say it made it very hard, taking in account that in vast majority of cases, the crashed ship gets completely gutted by power source explosions. There's almost nothing of value to recover and usually all the important aliens get burned inside the ship.
Actually I wonder if attacking crashed is worth casualties. I usually end up with a few wounded soldiers and a few dead and often a destroyed HWP. Is it even profitable?

One thing that concerns me is that I haven't seen an alien throw an alien grenade since I changed the visual range.
Which is pretty bad because here's what an alien grenade does:
xYRIABC.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
A moment later more monster were detected west of the landing zone. They didn't seem to be affected by cannon shells hitting them. One route towards the landing site was mined.
JTh2eCU.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom