Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let us play a little game...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Agassi Haha, not really - i'm much more worldly/caught up in this wretched world's affairs, for better or for worse ;)

Anyway, I'm willing to play this little game. Sorry, I was too busy with job-related things to join in earlier so I'll need to catch up quite a bit. I'll put it under the spoiler tags so my post doesn't get too long.

I've made a decoy from a piece of paper. It's pretty rough and irregular; I've never been good at this kind of, um, manual labor thing. While I was making it, I was trying to remember just how long ago I last did something like this - was it in the elementary school maybe? I was also thinking it looks more like a spaceship or maybe some kind of alien than a proper paper man, but whatever.

But then it hit me - this is actually not unlike mapping out a dungeon in an RPG by hand. Which is something I did fairly recently, more or less :D Except that has more to do with precision (grids) and systems instead of creativity, so I'm more comfortable with that.

Which part of the process is the one which creates the decoy?

This is hard for me, but if I had to choose, I'd say it was the basic enjoyment I had when making it. It was very basic, admittedly, and the feeling of weirdness and unfamiliarity and "wtf am i doing" prevailed, but it was there nevertheless.

Writing my name on it was weird, too, though I am aware of what that entails in various traditions, so that may not have been completely "pure".

(I'm posting the above before moving on to the later parts of the assignment so as not to be spoiled.)

The step which creates the decoy is the moment in which you decide 'I will make a decoy.' Under the proper conditions, that's all you need. The actions themselves are just theatrics, and the feelings and impressions are what give those theatrics weight and importance, but neither is the Sorcery.

Well, this is actually pretty cool and not quite what I expected. Is the occult to you based on will, then? I'm more used to the traditions that base it on feeling or the unconscious.

So a symbolic circuit is basically a basic, um, ritual scheme, for lack of a better word? One that you can make more advanced by building upon it, and that you make work by "linking" it to the true circle that is inside yourself, which the former is supposed to (again, for a lack of better word) "express"?

There is still something of the "unconscious occult" tradition in that, though, since judging by your description, the less explicitly aware/conscious you are of that "link", the better. Also, "what's important is how that makes you feel" -- how is that connected to (if I may rephrase) "it is your will/decision which makes the piece of paper into a decoy"?

Sorcery based entirely on Will + OVERPOWERING FEELS

Okay, so it's a combination of the two things I mentioned above. I think I kinda get it now, maybe.

These 'traditions' are not all bad and horrible, but they aren't just 'systems of sorcery' - They are philosophical systems, and as such they add 'interference' to your Sorcery. Like, they come with morality, and philosophy, and values, and bleep, all of which Sorcery couldn't care less about - Yet you do, and thus you constrain your own Sorcery to fit.

Funny, I didn't think you'd start talking of that, for some reason. Myself, it's precisely that "interference" that I am (or rather, used to be) most interested in, I guess.

But in the meantime I want to see you think like a Sorcerer! Take the basic decoy I taught you about and play around with it. As in, modify the super-duper-basic 'symbolic circuit' I gave you and turn it into something far more personal and cool and YOU and creative. Go wild on it. And then post about it, or send me a PM if you are too much of a pansy. Pansy.

Weelll, now this is hard...

Okay, this is what I can do. I put the decoy I made on the window frame, so that it overlooks the water (river or lake, so as not to give out too many details). I specifically made it so that my office overlooks the river/lake, and my working room at home where I spend most of my time too, so I guess that makes the decoy a bit "more personal". ... And that's the extent of my creativity, sorry.

The emblem is also useful if you want to make fluffy animals or people your decoys. The better way to do this is to simply scarify or otherwise 'cut' or 'burn' your emblem into them, but good luck getting someone to accept that, no matter how shorty your shorts. A good way is to take both your fluids and his, mix them into an ink, draw your emblem into his body, usually the chest, with your name in cool script around it, in the way demon's emblems are sometimes drawn, ceremonially declare him your decoy, have him ceremonially accept the role, and then wound him in a way which leaves a deep scar, such as burning the palm of his hand for a long time or such, and then finish with some closing like comment. Add sex, mantram, and anything else you want to the process, but LEAVE A SCAR. That scar embodies the 'covenant,' and the pain empowers it. It has to be OUCHIE, and climatic. And stuffies.

Or not, but at least that's how I do it.

Xtreme!

The LARPing assignment's gonna be hard for me since I don't have any favorite sorcerers, any "grand" LARPing models to follow or any alternative me's, but I'll think on it, and on the "implicit circuits" assignment too.

The above was an (unstructured) stream of consciousness post, which I hope is appropriate for this thread. :P

Also to end this post on an unrelated cheerful note:

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
OK I'll give this a try, although I have my own understanding of magic and stuffies.

I suck at arts and crafts, so my first "decoy" is just a rough sketch of a guy based on Glykon's Herakles. I believe the creation of a decoy begins when you decide to create it.

I give my decoy the name "alkeides" same as my username here. I imagine him as muscled as the statue:

Herakles%20Glykon.jpg

But where Herakles has this look of doubt, alkeides just has a look of ease. He is almost as naked as the statue, just wearing a skirt of white lion skin, but with ornaments encrusted with super-hard radioactive diamonds. Also a necklace of skulls.

For a symbol, I just use the "A" letter from the Phagpa script, representing the unfabricated, primordial sound.

Circuits:

Breathing - Inhaling the pure essence of the elements which boosts your powers, exhaling all the impurities, toxins and other waste products.

Taking a shower - Using the element of water to cleanse all impurities related to the water element and boost it where it's weak.

Blowjob - Lose a bit of essence but attain a state of nonconceptual bliss.

How's that? My symbolism is based a lot on Buddhist concepts.

Cool name

Arcane
Well, this is actually pretty cool and not quite what I expected. Is the occult to you based on will, then? I'm more used to the traditions that base it on feeling or the unconscious.

I believe, yes - Will is the cornerstone of Sorcery. For without it, what will turn the raging passion and the shapeless subconscious into instruments? A Witch, she may be furious and outraged. Yet what does anger alone amount to? Nothing. It is the moment in which she says, this anger, it is my sword. This fury, this outrage, they are my slaves and my poison. Then she needs but to look at you, but to spit at you. Yet without the Will to shape that fire into swords, and slaves, and poison, what would the glare and the spit be? Glare and spit, and that alone.

This is, I believe, what few understand of Sorcery. Let us say, you want to kill someone. And then they say, I will use Sorcery to do so. That they want for Sorcery, why it is so? Those who dream of Sorcery yet know nothing of it, for them it is this, that they want to kill yet have not the will to do so. And Sorcery, it will forever be out of their reach. To kill with Sorcery, it requires the will to kill. To attain with Sorcery, it requires the will to attain. The world, it is full of people with dreams and no will - For those what can Sorcery be, if not a dream?

Sorcery is but the process by which the 'dream' becomes 'reality.' And who is so foolish enough as to say this, that for the one to become the other you don't need the will to twist the world in your image? You can put the gun on his mouth and force him to felate it, and then pull the trigger. You can reshape his fate so that for him there is nothing but despair and horror, and an excruciating end. Either way, the will is one and the same.

So a symbolic circuit is basically a basic, um, ritual scheme, for lack of a better word? One that you can make more advanced by building upon it, and that you make work by "linking" it to the true circle that is inside yourself, which the former is supposed to (again, for a lack of better word) "express"?

I would describe a Symbolic Circuit as a statement, and as a sentence. Let us say, Bee did post something adorable. So I say, I could eat you. Plus, no homo. These words, they are worthless themselves. They are symbols. Traditional symbols, the equivalent would be. Yet as we are both learned in the meaning of these symbols, through them I give shape to that which I want to express. And when you go through these words, you understand that which they are meant to represent. And for neither of us, it is a conscious process.

What the symbolic circuit does, it is the same. Every symbol, it is a word. Every gesture and every movement, these are words as well. Yet you are both the orator and the one who listens. And I believe this, that all communication is manipulation. So you are both the manipulator and the manipulated, the puppeteer and the puppet. The symbolic circuit? The strings.

Okay, so it's a combination of the two things I mentioned above. I think I kinda get it now, maybe.

You are right when you say this, that there is both of the emotional and the subconscious. I would say, you are not you. He is not he. And me? I know for sure, I am not me. Black Cat and the girl who pulls her strings, they have nothing in common. And just the same, nothing in common this girl has with herself. And this girl, the one who pulls the strings? IT is not of her, nor is IT of Black Cat. IT is of HER, the one nothing in common either has with. The symbolic circuit, it is the way in which they communicate with each other. If her were to disappear, and if HER were to be made free, then no Symbolic Circuit would be needed.

Yet I feel this, that we are moving away from the game. And this other place, it is a dark place. We should not go there, yet. If ever? And still... Why do I feel that of all players, you are the one who needs that place the most?

And give me a second here. Ahem... Nya, nya, nya! Thingies and stuffies, and whatchamacallits as well! Super dupity mega hyper bloody bleeping sexy nya! Like, totally YAY! Roly Poly, Roly Roly Poly!

D:

Imma going need reinforcements 'ere!

DRAGON POPE KICK!

Alrighty, that's better. Feeling like myself already. >.<

The LARPing assignment's gonna be hard for me since I don't have any favorite sorcerers, any "grand" LARPing models to follow or any alternative me's, but I'll think on it, and on the "implicit circuits" assignment too.

None at all?

D:

Reinforcements!

He's so cute. :D

And so fine. :3

And so hot. >.<

Also to end this post on an unrelated cheerful note:

:love:

I needed that.

OK I'll give this a try, although I have my own understanding of magic and stuffies.

I am interested on hearing about it, if you are interested on discussing it.

If I had to be honest, I would say this, that I was hoping you would join us.

For a symbol, I just use the "A" letter from the Phagpa script, representing the unfabricated, primordial sound.

Allow me to ask, why did you pick this particular symbolism?

It was the other way around - You are giving it, not receiving it! >.<

I noticed. :hug:

I believe this, that you and I are operating on a very similar model. The meaning we give to symbols, it is almost the same - The differences you perceive in our approaches, could it be they come from my lack of orthodoxy? I seem to remember this, that you knew your buddhism and your tantra like the palm of your hand.

The one question I have is this, why only the impurities related to the element of water during the shower? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just wondering why did you shape it so.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron

I am interested on hearing about it, if you are interested on discussing it.

If I had to be honest, I would say this, that I was hoping you would join us.

I would say that I place more importance on non-physical beings in general in my understanding of magic. As in, spirits are basically living "organisms" who are made up of all these symbolic circuits. Through particular "circuits" we enact, we call their attention and possibly their obedience. In Buddhism of course, everything is empty and so on in the end, you, me, the earth, the sun, the spirits, but at least conventionally I think there are sentient spirits who have consciousnesses like you or me.

Thanks for remembering me :hug:.

Allow me to ask, why did you pick this particular symbolism?
Besides "A" representing the primordial, uncreated, as stated above, the Phagpa script was the creation of one of the most influential lamas in Buddhist history. Becoming the guru of the ruler of probably the greatest land empire in recorded history is probably an indicator that whatever sorcery he had worked. Also it recalls the Mongol empire, and quite likely influenced the creation of Hangul.

It was the other way around - You are giving it, not receiving it! >.<

I'm never going to give a blowjob to anyone. XD

I noticed. :hug:

I believe this, that you and I are operating on a very similar model. The meaning we give to symbols, it is almost the same - The differences you perceive in our approaches, could it be they come from my lack of orthodoxy? I seem to remember this, that you knew your buddhism and your tantra like the palm of your hand.

The one question I have is this, why only the impurities related to the element of water during the shower? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just wondering why did you shape it so.
Well, it doesn't have to be just water, but in particular, when you have direct contact with water then it works more with water -- if you are standing in the wind, then you work with the air element more and so on.

Hiisi

Savant
This is exciting. I'd like to play.

I saw you talk about it elsewhere but I guess the decoy works because willed to do so; the fashioning of the physical thing is a way of concentrating this act of will.

To pimp out the decoy, I wrote a little melody in which I tried to express a sense of beauty, and transcribed it onto the paper around the figure with the aim of instilling this musical idea into my worldly existence. Like, I want it to work the other way around from when Yeats says the poet is not the nervous wreck that sits down for breakfast, but is reborn as an idea in his writing; I want some of that abstracted ideal thing created through contemplation and trial and error back for myself.
(I'll need to improve the music before this has a chance of functioning. But that seems like a cool thing to work on.)

The implicit circuits:
breathing: the purpose is sustaining one's life, symbolic of dependence and carnality in one's nature. I guess learning to fuck with your breathing like some people do could be taken as a symbol of control over these. Taking in the air on which one depends for life could also be symbolic of one's unity with things.
showering: the purpose is cleansing, renewal, letting go of accumulated filth; symbolically it extends to emotional and intellectual cleansing.
blowjob: it's using a refined part of yourself meant for something else to grant another pleasure; the mouth is like a vagina dentata in this function so an implicit trust on his part. There is an aspect of control on the giver's part: contrary to normal sex, one uses a delicate part in a purposely refined way, perhaps while staying aloof and collected oneself, to affect him. I guess you could suck it to drain and diminish it. On the same note, giving a blowjob could be adoration of the GikWang as a symbol or manifestation of masculinity.

The two others:
playing/hearing music: there's an immediate communication of affective energy to the hearer if it works, whether spontaneous or calculated on the player's part, a direct resonance with other minds beyond logos. Mazic.
lifting weights: getting stronger is symbolic of, and conducive to, strength in general. It could be a struggle to overcome bodily weakness and to strengthen one's will, and symbolically to direct body and will to their maximal exertion.

Last edited:

Cool name

Arcane
I would say that I place more importance on non-physical beings in general in my understanding of magic. As in, spirits are basically living "organisms" who are made up of all these symbolic circuits. Through particular "circuits" we enact, we call their attention and possibly their obedience. In Buddhism of course, everything is empty and so on in the end, you, me, the earth, the sun, the spirits, but at least conventionally I think there are sentient spirits who have consciousnesses like you or me.

I share this view, up to a point.

I believe this, that all Sorcery is alive. What is a spell, but a tulpa? Otherwise, how could it turn a simple instruction into the chain of causes and effects through which it manifests? If I curse him, 'die', this death must be brought to him in some way - Yet how does the spell decides, I will set things such that he will suffer an accident? How does the spell know, he has a bad heart and rotten vessels, and thus I should kill him so? That he has a bad heart and rotten vessels, or that tomorrow this will happen, which could turn into an accident - I do not know this myself. So how could my spell, which knows not but what I tell it, if not by finding out?

I believe, we are spirits ourselves. No, not ourselves - But the source from which we come. That beyond the illusion and the mask, beyond the veil and the membrane, we are no different from demons and gods. Our names and our emblems, they work in the same way. And when we call them forth, are they that different from us? Let us say this, that Alkeides is not you - That he is both you and the Codex. And now let us say this of you, that you are both the source from where you came and the world in which you are. And with a demon, it is not that if two Sorcerers call him forth together, they both are in its presence, yet to both of them it may look differently, and that when one of them asks the demon a question, the one Sorcerer may hear the demon answer, 'aye, it is so', yet the other may see the demon nod quietly?

So I see it like this, that we are no different - That we are one such thing as well. That one, I call HER. And this one, the one who writes, it is just I, and I am not HER, but a delusion, a reflection of HER in the turbid pond of the world and through the distorted prism of the world, such as the demon I see is not HIM, but a delusion, a reflection of HIM in the turbid pond of my mind and through the distorted prism of my mind. And this is why I say, IT is not of me nor of Black Cat, but of HER.

Among the Daoist it is even said, we are not one spirit but ten - At the very least. And that much of Sorcery is this, to send one of our own in an errand or another, and so on. And what is the Qi that we pour into our spells and talismans, but life? Thus, are not the spell and the talisman alive as well? And the buddhists, and the daoists, and the agori, and so on, they say this, that as the dross of the world is washed away, one does obtain such powers and abilities and qualities, which could be called Sorcery as well. Yet these powers and abilities and qualities, where do they come if not from HER, to whom I have grown alike, or of HIM, to whom you have grown alike, through washing the dross away?

So I would say this, that I believe you are right. That all Sorcery, it comes from spirits. This, it is of the demon and of the preta, and of the ghost, and of the salamander and of the undine, and of the god, with whom we commune. This, it is of our own - Which is us, yet isn't. This, it is of the spirits we birth into the world, of the tulpa and of the larva, and of the errant too.

I guess you could say this as well, that I believe everything to be a spirit, or to come from spirits. I believe, no one can meet a spirit or a demon, and think otherwise - For this is how they speak to us, through projecting themselves into us. And this is how the tulpa and the servitor and the elemental charm or seduce the one we send them to, who one moment does not care for us at all and the next is filled with obsessive thoughts and unbound desire he doesn't know where they came from, yet as he is no Sorcerer, and as he doesn't understand of this, he just goes and says, mysterious are the ways of love, and surrenders to it. And so it is, how ChonSuNim works. Yet of this I will say no more, for Codexia is dark and full of terrors.

The up to a point part is because of this, that I do not think we can say, all Sorcery comes from spirits outside of us, for then we would not be able to birth the tulpa, nor would it be so that when the dross of the world has been washed away, the Sorcerer has no longer need of the Symbolic Circuit, but for such Sorcery which does deal with the demon or the inugami or the DoYeol, and so on, who are indeed outside, and maybe not even then, for she is now as they are, and speaks their same language.

But this Sorcery, the Sorcery of spirits who are outside and the Sorcery of spirits we birth into the world, I do not believe it to be a good place to start, for the spirits outside are finicky and capricious, and the spirits we birth into the world, they sometimes go through adolescence, and if they do not know how to forge a decoy, or how to cast a circle, or how to write a talisman, then it is like sending them to the slaughter. With the former more so than with the later, for the spirits we birth into the world, we need to know of Sorcery to birth them, and we can't birth one more powerful than ourselves, yet those who are outside, well...

Thanks for remembering me :hug:.

Besides "A" representing the primordial, uncreated, as stated above, the Phagpa script was the creation of one of the most influential lamas in Buddhist history. Becoming the guru of the ruler of probably the greatest land empire in recorded history is probably an indicator that whatever sorcery he had worked. Also it recalls the Mongol empire, and quite likely influenced the creation of Hangul.

Is there a book you would recomend, on the Phagpa script? I had read of this, of other scripts King Sejong and his aides did study and did research, and by which they were influenced, but I did not have the chance to delve into the subject yet.

I'm never going to give a blowjob to anyone. XD

To do what you would never do, it brings you closer to liberation. ^.^

Well, it doesn't have to be just water, but in particular, when you have direct contact with water then it works more with water -- if you are standing in the wind, then you work with the air element more and so on.

But it isn't it so, that Water is attributed disolution and absorption among other things, so that running water can be used to remove all impurities, and so that quiet water can be used in such a way as talismanic water, and such? I am asking because of this, that given how all elemental models are similar in the general yet sometimes different in the particular, I am unsure whether this was so in the Buddhist/Hindu one as well, or if I have mixed it up with another.

Qri, eléison.

You, sir, are now one from among those who are my favorite Codex people. :hug:

To pimp out the decoy, I wrote a little melody in which I tried to express a sense of beauty, and transcribed it onto the paper around the figure with the aim of instilling this musical idea into my worldly existence. Like, I want it to work the other way around from when Yeats says the poet is not the nervous wreck that sits down for breakfast, but is reborn as an idea in his writing; I want some of that abstracted ideal thing created through contemplation and trial and error back for myself.

The idea, I like. I haven't met many people who uses the writing of music for Sorcery. I have to say, I am unsure I have met any such person at all.

Yet you said this, that you wanted to instill such idea in your existence. It is a solid idea, and you can use dolls in such a way, yet presently you are working on a decoy, and you don't want anything less than to have what happens to it, happen to you as well. The purpose of the decoy, it is to be a false you, as close to you as possible yet not you at all, so that when something is hunting for you, be it misfortune or curse or spirit, the decoy offers itself to it, and the misfortune or curse or spirit believes it to be you, and pounds on it instead of you, and leaves satisfied.

If you create such a link to it, so that what it happens to it will happen to you and so that you will increase on that which it is given and diminish on that which is taken from it, the purpose of the decoy will be defeated - For when misfortune comes to it, will it not come to you as well? And when spirits do to it as they please, will they not do as they please with you as well? That moment in which you say, that which you want, it is what I desire, is the moment you are flirting with disaster.

But hold on to the idea. It isn't this, that the idea is wrong, but that it is right, yet that a decoy is the last thing on which you want to apply it. If for example you wanted for this, for DU and you to become an item, and to KISS, then you would make it so that the vooDU doll is one that will do to him as it is done to it, and that your doll is such as that will do to you what is done to it, and then you would use one such Symbolic Circuit, that will make for the two of you to fall in love with each other, and so on, so that by virtue of the dolls, this happens to you and him as well.

The implicit circuits

I only want to say this, that we will deal with the circuits on the next proper 'post.' I say, so that you don't believe I have ignored them. It is just I don't want what we discuss, to influence what the others see or pick. :hug:

Mrowak said:
Mrowak brofist this.

I was wondering, where had you disappeared to? I am glad to see, that you are still here. :hug:

Last edited:

Cool name

Arcane
This thread belongs in GD.

Why? It is an alternate reality game. It has a number of players, them, who in-character solve riddles and puzzles in the forum and complete tasks in the real world, all of which are given to them by a gamemaster, me, who remains in character as well.

You shouldn't take this seriously, Mencky. Didn't I say so in the first post? Tch-tch-tch.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Anger, hostility towards the opposition

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
My compliments to you the witchest of witches. I have dearly missed your games. It has been ages.

Quite exquisite is this creation of yours, though the pieces not quite as bitesized enough to savour them. And there is a lot to relish here - I've been gritting my teeth like mad at your findings. :D

Now, I am dying to know where this is going, so I am in for the ride. Pleasure to be in such :excellent: company.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yet I feel this, that we are moving away from the game. And this other place, it is a dark place. We should not go there, yet. If ever? And still... Why do I feel that of all players, you are the one who needs that place the most?

Well, now this sounds ominous! :P

I'll see if I can go on with this little game within the next few days. Or maybe during the weekend, at the latest (hopefully).

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Wouldnt know the first thing about making a decoy because I strive to 100% raw and 100% real at all times but after being introduced to the Hatman through another member of the codex I feel obligated to share some of my magical adventures:

WHHn4tt.png

Operating devices on the car-train-castle, somewhere around Barstow.

PicForNewsletterFrance032006DaVinciWalkingTourWalkingInRain.JPG

Photo taken of me and my coven by the Hatman as we march on Institut De France to interrupt a ritual by the "Les Immortels" Sorcerors of the Académie française in which the word "chétif" was to be satanically married to "graine de moutarde". Sad to say we were unsuccesful.

tg2g

Photo of the Hatman skinnydipping at the Beach. (No Homo)

वाहन

Novice
I still find myself stuck in the whole 'suspending your disbelief' part, particularly as the thread delves further into what is to me entirely terra incognita. is there some trick to it?

Cool name

Arcane
Presently you know a symbolic circuit, the decoy 'spell', and the rudiments of another, a very basic couple 'spell'. However, you know something much more important than either of these, even if you may not have noticed yet. This we will call a... Hell, I don't know. A pattern? A method? No idea. Let's go with method until one of you can think of a better and cooler name. This method is 'dolls.' Why is this important? Because while a spell or ritual or some such has a purpose, and thus you would need to have ten different spells or rituals or some suchs for ten different purposes, you can use a single method to do ten different stuffies as long as you understand the rules which govern its usage.

Which means by the end of this post you will be doing Sorcery! Or trying, at least.

But before that... Is theme song time!

Because, dolls!

And because we all know the first bleep you are going to do is try to steal a precious thingie.

But first I should explain you a few of the rules which govern Sorcery. I should have started with this, but I forgot. :oops:

One of the most important thingies to remember is this, that once a symbolic circuit has been used you must let it go. I did say this already, didn't I? That you don't want to think, and that Sorcery isn't an intellectual pursuit, and that you do not subject Sorcery to systematic study. You do it, and that's it. Why is this so? We don't really know, but we have theories to spare! But I will skip the theories.

Let us say, you use a symbolic circuit to attain this or that. Like, let us say you did create a vooDU doll and a YOUdoo doll, and used the both of them on a symbolic circuit so that you two become an item, and KISS. As soon as you are done with the symbolic circuit you are not allowed to think about it, at all. You can't wonder, will it work? You can't be waiting expectantly for something to happen. You can't be pondering, how will it manifest? You can't even be daydream of the sweet dates DU is going to take you on. Nothing. You finish your awesome symbolic circuit, then forget all about it, and then go do something else. And every time you catch yourself about to start thinking about it, you impede it.

This is not optional, but critical. It is also hard as bleep, yet still critical.

Another important thingie to understand is this, that you never announce your Sorcery beforehand. Never. Why? We don't know either, but man do we have theories! All of which I will spare you. Telling someone, I am going to use my powerful Sorcery to murderize you! Is fastest way to be left in ridicule when your Sorcery does nothing at all. But you can do Sorcery in front of other people, as long as they don't bloody know what you are doing.

This rule can be circumvented under the proper conditions, yet you are just starting, and therefore you can't circumvent it, so I won't tell you yet so you don't go and make a fool of yourself.

And given we all know, what you will trying first and such, I want you to understand this as well, that if you are really going to try and steal a precious thingie, you shouldn't be dreaming of True Love™. And this? I actually know for certain why this happens, so I'm going to tell you, which means you are going to become suddenly smarter than all the dumb modern witches out there, who say that this is because of this and that, that it is because you can't create True Love™ or that God will intervene if you are trying to be an asshole, or some such. And you may ask, but why is it, NyaNya, that you say, for this I am going to tell you is the truth, and if someone does not say this, that one is lying or stupid?

Quite simple, it is. I cast such spells on myself, all the bloody time. They don't.

So let us say this, you want DU to fall in love with you. And you use a symbolic circuit for this to happen, and let us say it works. Now he will begin to act, and to fell, and so on, as if he were in love with you. However, he is not in love with you. You did just project inside of him something, which makes him act like so and feel like so.

This is a bit hard to explain, so bear with me. Every time he sees you, he still feels and thinks, as he would originally have. Yet he also feels and thinks, as you have made him. And he's just playing along, because he doesn't know any better, and that which you did put inside of him, he believes to be his own. So one day, DU will be like this, doing DU thingies and DU stuffies, and all of a sudden, these new thoughts and emotions, they will be inside of him, and he will say, how strange this is, for yesterday I did not care, and for today I care so greatly I can say this for certain, that I will go mad if I don't get some of dat, and so on, but not knowing of this, he will just shrug and go with it.

There will be a conflict inside of him. Your spell, it will be pulling this way. Yet his own ideas and feelings, they will pulling that way. As long as you spell is able to overcome this, DU will be under it. Yet as soon as your spell runs out, or as soon as this or that reinforces his original opinion enough for it to overcome your spell, it's over. Now you are dating someone who despises you, and who would have never wanted to date you, and who doesn't know what the bleep he was thinking, and who is actually frustrated and sad and angry with himself, because he did put with that crap for so many days, or weeks, or months.

And it all goes to hell in a choo-choo.

And not only love spells and lust spells but all Sorcery which forces someone to do something they would not otherwise do, it works in such a way. Yet this does not mean all such Sorcery will end up in drama, and tragedy, and a nice boat. Let us say this, that there is someone who won't give you a chance, and that you force them to fall in love with you. Now you have your chance, to make them fall in love for real with you, while they are under the spell. Or let us say there is some who you force to do something which he doesn't dare to do, yet that when he goes and does it, he loves it. And so on. Just don't bet on it.

There is one way to circumvent this, yet it requires you to play magical psychobabbler. Also, it is far more work than it is worth. Let us say, you have been dating this guy for a while, and that you want to marry him. And let us also say, that he is uncertain about it. Instead of using Sorcery to deal with his uncertainty, you can use it to deal with the reasons behind such uncertainty - Which means you need to know them, and to understand them, and so on. And it is finicky, for let us say you noticed, A came from B and C, and thus you decide to use your Sorcery to deal with B and C, yet that it is so, that B comes from D and E, and that C comes from F, which comes from G. All that work, yet you end in the same place.

I believe that should be enough for now.

Or not, for presently you are feeble and weak, and Sorcery will be hard for you. So there is yet another thingie I want to deal with, which is this, that while Sorcery is based upon will, it doesn't need to be based upon will and nothing else. As I said before, there is such a thingie as 'wild' Sorcery, which is Sorcery such that doesn't require of symbolic circuits, for the will is strong and the passion both overpowering and unbound. At this you are not going to try your hand yet, for it is weird, and for the rules which govern it are odd and strange, so that some are able to use it easily, yet others are unable to use it at all. Still, this does not mean you can't invest unbound passion into your Sorcery, and I would even say this, that it is required that you do, for you are just starting, and thus full of doubts and questions, and thus a very strong emotional reaction, or an obsession, or some such, may be what you need to overcome the doubts, and the questions, and so on.

And, if I am to be honest, there is no such thing as to invest too much power into a symbolic circuit. The world? It is full of power for you to take, so that you can replenish yourself fully and as you go. For why would God, thy Lord, create Normies, who are full to the brim with Qi yet have no IT, if not as to say, go now, o Witch, favored daughter of heaven, who stands between the world above and the world below, and pierce the meaty bag with thy metaphysical straw, so that you may be as this, glug, and glug, and glug, and take as much as you wish, for I have filled the world with fleshy mana potions, for my super duper cute daughters to have, for they are most lovely and have pointy hats? Amen.

Or you can learn Pranayama instead.

Anyway,

So from now on you will never leave home without a few blank paper dolls. And whenever something happens, so that you feel lust, or anger, or fear, or compassion, or hatred, or love, or some such, and so that you do so strongly and honestly, or when it happens that you are carried away by dreams and imaginations, and that those are intense and vivid, and so on, you will immediately go to such a place, in which you can be alone for a short while, and use a symbolic circuit such, that it is compatible with both this and the cause of this, so that it can be attained or realized.

It must be however understood, that the emotion or passion or delusion itself, it will do little on their own. That you must force them, through an act of will, to run through your symbolic circuit, and to feed it, so that when the symbolic circuit is done, it has all been spent. And how to do this, it is up to you - For if I cannot tell you how to read this or that symbol, much less can I tell you how to deal with your emotions and with your passions. There are for example those, who are able to focus their hatred with naught but a glare, yet others will go into a long tirade of insults and curses. And there are those who masturbate and then use their fluids in the circuit, as embodiments of their lust, and those who don't need to do so. And so on.

Understand this as well, that Sorcery needs of this thingie which I call 'avenue of manifestation.' For let us say this, that you are trapped in Cleveland's bunker, and that you use Sorcery to escape. Yet that this is all you specify, to escape. So your spell will go to the door, which is bulky and very sci-fi-ish, and say, this door I see it is about to suffer a malfunction, for Cleveland has said, maintenance will be done first thingie after Grimoire, and not a moment later, and the spell will wonder, if this door where to fail in such and such way, would it open? And indeed, such a thingie, it would be lucky, and if so your spell would simply cause the malfunction precise, so that the door opens.

But let us say the spell sees this, that it will not open, for to doors both bulky and sci-fi-ish to open when there is a malfunction, that is kind of stupid, and happens only in movies. And so he will leave the bunker, and try to find a way in which to open the door, so that if for example, there were one of these thingies, the ones which have huge wrecking balls on them, just outside the bunker, so that the huge wrecking ball, it is right above the bunker, it may go and say, if I were to cause here an accident, so that the wrecking ball would be let loose, and so that it may fall with great KABOOM, the roof would collapse, and my master would be freed. And so on.

By which I mean, do not be that moron, the one who casts a spell, so that he may finally meet the love of his life, who is hot and rich, and who likes to dress skimpily, and then locks himself in his basement, and does cancel his internet service, and does disconnect his phone, and so on, so that the poor spell, he goes mad trying to find some bloody way to have the hot and rich and skimpily dressed girl to meet with his fat and dumb master, yet fails, and thus he is very sad.

And neither be that moron, the one who does not make this spell, I want that asshole to die, but this instead, I want that asshole to die, on monday, and exactly at noon, and at this place, to which he rarely goes, if ever, and for his last words to be, o He, my murderer, fear him, for a great sorcerer is he, who commands the spirits and the elements, so that no one, ever, will be again safe, so that then his lungs burst out, and from his mouth much blood pours, like if from a fountain, and so that his last thought is this, that he should not have been mean to me, nor to steal my lunch money, nor to imprison me in the locker mine, and so that he feels very sad, and repentant, and dies in pain and shame, with tears pouring from his eyes, and with shit coming out his ass and with piss coming out his little friend.

For then the spell will go like this, -.-, and say, bleep no, I'm not even trying, screw my stupid master, I need a drink.

Other than that, don't expect the spell to have already worked by the time you leave the room. Do your stuffies, and do your thingies, and remember not to think or worry or wonder about it. And if the asshole you just cursed, he comes and makes you angry again, then go and again strike while the iron is hot, and make another circuit, so that your anger is spent and well used, and again do your stuffies, and do your thingies, and so on.

So let us talk about the dolls now.

Presently, you have a symbolic circuit and a half. As in, you have the decoy circuit which you personalized, and you have the other one I mentioned in passing. The later shouldn't be too hard for you to personalize using everything I have mentioned earlier - Personalize your doll as much as you can, personalize his or her doll as much as you can, and then, well, simply define which will happen between them. This can be as simple as tying them up together with a silk ribbon of a colour which to you symbolizes the kind of union you want and then declaring it either directly and to the point or in a more symbolic way, such as reciting a poem or an arya or some such, or to chain them together, or anything you would want. I personally like to use flowers when it comes to relationships. If you are familiar with at least one 'language of flowers', each one symbolizes particular and extremely well defined emotions and relationships. Whichever method you use, don't throw the dolls away once you are done. Keep them safe.

However, that particular circuit does have a problem - As it uses both dolls, the purpose would be more to create a relationship, so that if you use obsession and lust, it may end up working on you as well, and not only on him or her. So instead you can do this, to use only his or her doll, personalized and so on, and then add the symbols which mean obsession, or lust, or some such, as well as your name, and so on. Similar thingie you can use to curse people, or to harm people, or to make people sick, and so on. That same thingie, as we discussed earlier, you can use to do stuffies to yourself.

The problem, right now, will be that you don't have a symbolic language, so every new circuit, it will take some work, as you need to find the symbols to use, and so on. The more you use your symbols, and the more successful circuits you use them in, the stronger they will become, and so on.

However, you shouldn't later get comfortable. To obtain new symbols, it is something you will do for the rest of your life. You play a new game, you watch a new movie, you read a new book, you meet a new person, and you may go, hey, that's a good symbol. Or something happens to you, and you change, and your old symbols no longer work, or their meanings have changed, or some such.

What else? It is also important to tell a circuit that it is done. The moment in which you say, the circuit is done and now the Sorcery may begin, it has to be well defined. For example, you make a doll to curse someone, and then you bury it somewhere, or you leave it somewhere, as you did with the decoys, and so on. This somewhere, it has to be a symbol as well. For example, in Japan you pick a straw doll, go to a shrine in the middle of the night, obeying such and such rules, and then nail it to a tree around the shrine, so that if it remains here undiscovered for a few days, the curse will take place.

This may seem silly, but it isn't. Why would you want to risk being discovered, nailing a doll to a tree? Why would you want to risk being discovered, burying a doll somewhere? Go back and read what I said earlier, about feeding your circuits with emotions and ending circuits in a clear and dramatic manner. You are creating a climax - A moment in which the entire circuit, it comes together, and in which your entire being, it is invested into this, and this alone, because of this, that you are risking something for it, and that you are so invested that you are willing to risk something for this. What matters here is not what you do, but what it means to you and what mental state it puts you into. For example, if you are in the office, and want to curse that asshole, and make your little doll, then you can for example leave it behind his desk and the wall, or hidden in one of the folders he never really opens, or some such.

Or not. You have to experiment, as I said. As much as an art needs of technique, technique is worthless without the artist, and what the artist wants to say, and express, and do. So while I will teach you technique, I won't make you an artist. That's for you to become on your own, and all I can tell you is this, that what I know, and that what I do or once did, and how I did it, and what I learned from it. Remember what I said much earlier, that there are both universal rules and individual rules. I can't say for sure, this is universal and this is personal. Many individual rules, they have been passed as universal for many learn from one, who tells them to never do this or that, and so they don't and take it as universal, or so they do, yet as they are full of doubt and worry, they sabotage their own circuit, and thus say, it must have been universal, and pass it on as such.

Dolls can be used as a form of scapegoat as well, but we will deal with this later because the metaphysics are complex and there are thingies beyond your control, and because they can get out of control, so that I will just explain you the metaphysics and stuffies, and then you will have to decide how to use them, or if to use them at all, and what to do with them.

Anyway, that's it for today.

Please look forward to the next lesson, in which we will go much deeply into 'dolly sorcery' - Maybe more than you ever wanted to go. And I will also teach you a little technique of mine, which can make your Sorcery much more powerful than it would otherwise be, as long as you are willing to go all the way. And I will talk about grimoires as well. So maybe I will cut it into smaller bits, or somethingie. Or anotherthingies. Or somestuffies. Or...

What are you waiting for? Get cackling!

Breathing - Inhaling the pure essence of the elements which boosts your powers, exhaling all the impurities, toxins and other waste products.

He speaks Witchtongue. :hug:

This can be twisted around quite a lot while following the same model. Talking of it in the sense of prana or of qi, anything which can be considered to be so or a function of such can be absorved through it - From emotions and moods to life force. It may sound a bit assholish, and it can be used in such a way, but it is really nice and trippy when you are in a place full of uninhibited people experiencing heightened emotions, as long as you don't mind lossing yourself to the flow and feeling hyper for a day or three. These thingies and others such may turn out to be really easy for you, given you already know and have experience with pranayama. You should experiment and play around with them a little bit. ^.^

I have also heard of those who do this to charge sigils and talismans and so on, but I haven't tried it myself. My Sorcery tends to be unpredictable enough without throwing the emotions and echoes of a hundred different people at it. >.<

breathing: the purpose is sustaining one's life, symbolic of dependence and carnality in one's nature. I guess learning to fuck with your breathing like some people do could be taken as a symbol of control over these. Taking in the air on which one depends for life could also be symbolic of one's unity with things.

Focusing on your breath and controlling it is really useful, even if we leave pranayama and Sorcery and the metaphysical aside, for not only can you go from hysterical to relaxed in a blink and so on, or work yourself up to a, uhm, I forgot the word, but you can end up high as a kite using your breath alone. And to be honest, free on demand tripping is nothing to scoff at. :P

lifting weights: getting stronger is symbolic of, and conducive to, strength in general. It could be a struggle to overcome bodily weakness and to strengthen one's will, and symbolically to direct body and will to their maximal exertion.

Do you work out? If so, once you have gotten some experience working with symbolic circuits and such which are very physical and primal and emotional, try this, tp work out until you are in 'that' state in which your mind feels sharp and focused and empty, and in which your senses perceive more intensely, and in which your body feels firm and tense and hot, and in which you feel just good and full of energy, and THEN use those Symbolic Circuits. It is an entirely different thingie. :D

playing/hearing music: there's an immediate communication of affective energy to the hearer if it works, whether spontaneous or calculated on the player's part, a direct resonance with other minds beyond logos. Mazic.

And you even understood the mazic thingie instead of just going LOL KWAREANS CAN'T EENTO INGLEESH. T.T

You seem ready to learn the dark and forbidden secrets of Idolmancy, and to wield its unholy power against the enemies of the one true faith.

Yet be warned of this, that those who walk the path, they must be hardy. For after you have done this, to use the handcopter as your gesture to generate this and direct that, and so on, the orthodoxy will forever shun you. >.<

blowjob: it's using a refined part of yourself meant for something else to grant another pleasure; the mouth is like a vagina dentata in this function so an implicit trust on his part. There is an aspect of control on the giver's part: contrary to normal sex, one uses a delicate part in a purposely refined way, perhaps while staying aloof and collected oneself, to affect him. I guess you could suck it to drain and diminish it. On the same note, giving a blowjob could be adoration of the GikWang as a symbol or manifestation of masculinity.

Now I feel like a bad person. I have always seen this implicit circuit as nothing but a pseudo-tantric weapon of man destruction, yet here you are making it sound almost mystical. It goes to show, why we should never use symbolism other than our own. If were to write you a symbolic circuit which uses such an implicit symbol as part of it, and if you were to blindly use it, and if it were to work in spite of the incompatibility, the results would be completely unpredictable, and the same would happen if it went the other way around.

That aside,

After my wicked little heart, aren't you? ;)

My compliments to you the witchest of witches. I have dearly missed your games. It has been ages.

Quite exquisite is this creation of yours, though the pieces not quite as bitesized enough to savour them.

You do know the pattern - First comes a stream of endless walls of text, then I disappear for a few months, then comes a new stream of endless walls of text, and so on.

I am deeply attuned to the dao. :oops:

To be honest, however, my plan was to get to this point as fast as possible, so that my cute little students of most darke and evil magick can go and start practicing, and fooling around, and experimenting, and then slowing down quite a bit, so that they have the time to do so, in between lesson and lesson, and so on.

And there is a lot to relish here - I've been gritting my teeth like mad at your findings. :D

I am glad. :hug:

When I decided to carry on my little experiment, I did fear maybe you would find it to have a slow start. I always got the impression you were familiar with the topic, from little bits here and there.

I am sorry. I only meant to say that from little bits here and there I got the impression we are quite similar, you and I. But I got lost in my own little world, and I did slip completely out of character, so it came across really weird. :hug:

That aside,

OMO YOUR AVATAR. T.T

Right now I could eat you. Also, no homo. :oops:

वाहन

Novice

i would ask again, if it's not too much of a bother (and yes, I realize being obsequious is entirely inadequate for this game, but since I've yet to join it, I feel only appropriate that a certain civility be mantained):

I still find myself stuck in the whole 'suspending your disbelief' part, particularly as the thread delves further into what is to me entirely terra incognita. is there some trick to it

Hiisi

Savant
You are fucking crazy. Seriously.

Dear witch diary,
Crispy came by. What power to be had, in sacrificing such well-guarded virginity!
(Menckenstein... probably not much.)
_____
Since I bungled the old decoy, I made a new one by taking out a page of a book I love, wrote my name on it, and folded it into a doll and bottled it. I weighed it down, and before closing it and throwing it into the ocean close by to where I used to live, I spat in it as that felt like the thing to do.

Yet be warned of this, that those who walk the path, they must be hardy. For after you have done this, to use the handcopter as your gesture to generate this and direct that, and so on, the orthodoxy will forever shun you. >.<

:lol: Now I need to learn to do it.

Anyway. Unless you are reluctant to talk about it yet, and although I'm still working on the easy way, I'd like to hear about the other way for making a sorcerous alter ego.

Agassi said:
Focusing on your breath and controlling it is really useful, even if we leave pranayama and Sorcery and the metaphysical aside, for not only can you go from hysterical to relaxed in a blink and so on, or work yourself up to a, uhm, I forgot the word, but you can end up high as a kite using your breath alone. And to be honest, free on demand tripping is nothing to scoff at. :P

I'll look into this.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

Patron

I am sorry. I only meant to say that from little bits here and there I got the impression we are quite similar, you and I. But I got lost in my own little world, and I did slip completely out of character, so it came across really weird. :hug:

Nah, it's okay. I was just foolin' around anyway.

I'll try to get to the new assignments next week, once I have some more time to spare.

Agassi said:
OMO YOUR AVATAR. T.T

Right now I could eat you. Also, no homo. :oops:

You should check out Divinity: Original Sin upon release, then. It's just as cute and awesome as that avatar ;)

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The leaked IP match was obviously either a fake or a coincidence, posted by treacherous weasels of questionable motivation. As I always have, I maintain with 98% certainty that BC and I are not the same person. The 2% is the possibility of some Fight Club split personality memory loss thingie thing.

What leak was it? O.O I totally missed that.
There was a screencap of an IP match between our accounts posted a while back, clearly posted by the aforementioned treacherous weasels who seek to use it and certain other overlaps to insinuate that I am your alt or vice versa. Obvious nonsense. However, the feeble-minded continue to believe, so I see only one solution: One of us must be eliminated.

To that end, as I am still in Seoul for a bit longer, I challenge you to a sorcerous duel at 2AM (or some other late time with few witnesses) on whatever day before I leave, schedule allowing, between the former SM Entertainment headquarters and the Cartier store in Cheongdam.

I don't know shit about sorcery, but from what I gather from your posts good looking people are better at this stuff just like everything else, and D&D agrees since high CHA is useful for sorcerers, so since I am obviously the most attractive I am certain to emerge triumphant. Reality simply won't allow a natural winner like me to lose.

In light of this, I'm afraid you are doomed to fall before my overwhelming sorcerous power, and will most likely end up melting like the witch in Wizard of Oz or something. If you acknowledge that I am the Supreme Sorcerer of the Codex, cease trying to teach Codexers your inferior magics, and surrender at least 2 of your accounts to my control, I shall consider being merciful and calling off the duel. Just considering it doesn't mean I will of course, it really depends entirely on my mood.

Luckily Seoul has Uber now, so even if you don't have a car you can get there without having to get into a taxicab that smells like poor people and has weird sticky residue on the armrest, so there is really no reasonable excuse to hide other than cowardice and lack of confidence in your magical power.

PLANE CAR TICKETS WITCH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom