Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian announces Divinity 10th Year Anthology

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
From Larian's facebook page:

http://www.divinityanthology.com/index.php

155635_431420896918114_1033778294_n.jpg

Includes Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2: Developer's Cut. Developer's journal, two cds with complete sountracks. Also posters, stickers and DLC for Dragon Commander and Original Sin.

Developer Mode
Play the original version, or experience the game like the designers did and fool around with console commands to your heart’s content! Ever wanted to test some new skills on a hoard of a hundred goblins? Go for it! Ever wondered what it would be like to explore the game-world in the guise of a troll? Well there you go! Discover a whole range of spectacular developer commands and feel like a wizard at play!

30€, available on October 16th, boxed copy gives you steam codes.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, so this is the new thing: to sell DLCs for games that are not yet released.

Dragon Commander looks sexy. Will it have a lot of boobs?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Ah, so this is the new thing: to sell DLCs for games that are not yet released.

Dragon Commander looks sexy. Will it have a lot of boobs?
I saw a demo at gamescom. It's a gamer's game, very boardgamey without falling in being a 4X slog. Combats are interesting too, but a bit underdeveloped IMO. Lots of boobs in the concept art posted at the booth.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I feel like it would be a poor financial decision to buy a collection of games I already own, but... boobs... @_@

:takemymoney:

Curse your subtle marketing techniques, Larian!

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Don't have Divinity 2 yet, so maybe I will get it as well.

Haha, Dragon Commander. What.

MCA
How does Divinity 2 compare to Divine Divinity? I've always felt put off by it for some reason.

I'm much curious about this but I already have plastic DVD case releases of Divine and Beyond.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How does Divinity 2 compare to Divine Divinity? I've always felt put off by it for some reason.

I'm much curious about this but I already have plastic DVD case releases of Divine and Beyond.
Over-the-shoulder diablo-esque hack-'n'-slash with a pretty solid RPG core and a semi-open world. The basic design conceits of it are not so different from Divine Divinity, but it's definitely leaning more towards action game than traditional RPG (not that Divine Divinity wasn't the same way). The world is smaller and you're more confined than the first game, but you do get to transform into a dragon and light shit on fire, so there's that. It's extremely easy -- trivially so by the end -- and has a little bit of C&C but a basically linear main plot. I enjoyed it and would recommend it (the updated, Dragon Knight Saga version at least) but wouldn't call it an all-time classic or anything.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The ONE thing that always appeals to me in every Larian game, is I am NOT restricted by class. Choosing what skill I want I greatly enjoy. <3

Phelot

Arcane
It's kind of hard to explain, but they're the same while still being very different. I realize how retarded that sounds, but that's the case. They both have the same Larian humor, the same style of simple quests sometimes with mild C&C, and the world is still populated by mobs of enemies. I was struck with how much Div2 felt like the same setting and feel as Divine Divinity even though it played very differently.

I suppose it is more of a case of if you enjoyed Larian's style rather than gameplay from Div1 then you should also enjoy 2.

kaizoku

Arcane
This is a steal for $30.
Ah, the belgium bastards.
They're not so cool as GOG with 1$ != 1€.
It also costs 30€ (instead of 23.3€).

Will probably buy it anyway.
*rants* stupid videogames and their inclining era... burning too much money on KS and GOG promotions *rants*

Murk

Arcane
Great price for 2 great games, 1 decent game, and DLC? That's a bit weird... day -x DLC now?

kaizoku

Arcane
And of course the box had to be a fancy box, including a 130 page book; all the games; two new audio CDs featuring unreleased music (from, among other things, LMK); posters; stickers; unlockable items for Divinity: Original Sin & Divinity: Dragon Commander; a digital treasure vault with milestone materials; old design documents; plenty of concept artwork and some more stuff that I’m forgetting.

The 30$ / 30€ really don't seem to pay for the production costs.
It's really hard not to go ahead and buy it.

Great price for 2 great games, 1 decent game, and DLC? That's a bit weird... day -x DLC now?

My guess is that this is just a big publicity stunt in order to promote their new game.
And maybe also to cash in from DD sales.

edit:

WHAT!?

To make a long story short, my business plan had foreseen the box would initially cost 4,5€. We ended up with a box that cost us between 5,5€ and 7€. Now my producer friend knows

How can this include the cost of a 130 page book?
B&W pages?

If you’ve been reading previous entries in my blog, you can quickly calculate how much we’ll make on a box, and if you then take the development and publishing working hours into account, you’ll eventually (and perhaps reluctantly if you like us ) come to the conclusion that with the quantity of boxes we printed (25K; it’s a limited edition), we’re not exactly going to become Rockefellers with this particular release.

I don’t want to calculate it anymore, but I think one of my excel files told me that we need to sell at least 66% of the boxes if we want to break even on the box venture.

their own sales pitch parody :lol:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I could never really get into Divinity 2. One day I'll have to pick it up again but Gamebryo engine and the 'floaty' combat just killed it for me -- especially since we're talking about a combat-centric ARPG. Beyond Divinity just isn't that good. If you're a big fan I guess it's cool to pick up the physical bundle but Div 2 DKS has been on sale for as low as $6 and the base price of the original is $6, too, $3 or less when a sale rolls around.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So the digital variant of the anthology costs the same as the boxed version. :retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom