Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline KotC (Knights of the Chalice) is awesome

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
You can check doors if you want guaranteed initiative. Also initiative is checked so it's not like every encounter is immediate advantage for the baddies.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
help men
ive killed everybody in the giant fort and now i dont know where to go

Incantatar

Cipher
Funny... D&D also. Except for newbies into PnP, but they will try to slay everyone in any setting and rules you put them in.
I think you're the newbie pnp storyfag that uses a convoluted rule system almost exclusively slanted towards encounters and tactical combat to play a combat light pnp game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think you're the newbie pnp storyfag that uses a convoluted rule system almost exclusively slanted towards encounters and tactical combat to play a combat light pnp game.
Considering I have almost 20 years of DM experience you might only be talking about your mother.

deuxhero

Arcane
That is only for lvl 17+
Most D&D campaigns are played under 10. Splatbooks break those.

You can buy a magic item to do it dirt cheap.

There's plenty of ways to break the game earlier than level 10 anyways. Color Spray shuts down loads of stuff in one turn with one roll per effect at level one.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Started playing this.

Very few things are as satisfying as Enlarging my main axedorf and then seeing him mow down an entire hallway of orcs all by himself. :D

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm actually doing better now that I've restarted. I have a better idea on how I should put together my party, and which feats and abilities are most important. I have been through the starting orc encounter plus halfway through the dungeon with the spiders and zombies without having to restart a battle. Unlike before, where I was regularly restarting. My wizards also are luckier with their hit point rolls (plus I made a point to go for higher Con scores) and have been more durable. Ultimately, restarting probably is going to work out better for me in the long run.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm going to have to start my game all over. I have three saves, but all of them are in the Orc Stockade after the exit gets blocked off. My knight, cleric and two mages are all level 6 and just keep getting slaughtered by this guy, even with my making some fireball wands for the mages. I also have a chaos wand, but it only has a 10% chance of effecting him and his magic resistance is also too high to penetrate. I can't leave to level up somewhere else, and I can't beat him with my current party. I was getting pretty cocky up until now, too.... damn.
That fight should be possible with that party. It's almost a cakewalk if you do a few overland encounters so that you're lvl7 before the point of no return.

Mustawd

Please don't encourage the mods. I fucking hate the subforums and want them to be removed, not more added.

Eventually we'll get a Wormwoog Studios subforum
An Irontower Studios subforum
Whalenought Studios subforum
Pierre "I hate Money" Whatshisface subforum

....I think what I'm trying to say is that subforums suck, and make the GRPG forum seem desolate and boring...

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Considering I have almost 20 years of DM experience

BRTky.jpg

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Man, the assault on the orc stockade is merciless as shit.
I'm limiting myself to saving only at bonfires, and I'm running into battle after battle.

Didn't realize how useful "Craft Wand" is ... Good thing the nice bug guy in the cave sells some healing wands.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, it's a pretty tough series of hard battles, and I would also advice that you keep a save state after each fight and a separate save state before you enter the stockade in case the game pulls on you what it did with me, and blocks you from being able to leave. Cleave becomes a really important feat for your front line fighters, too, as there are a few mooks that can be mowed down in just one hit with a strong enough character.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Ah, already got a Great Cleave for my dorf and a regular one for my ranger-tank chick.
They mowin down orcs & gnolls like nobody's business!

And I keep my save only for bonfires since I like that feeling of tension you get in a gauntlet of challenges. The battles move quickly enough so retrying them isn't a chore.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great, I just got lvl 16 on my 1 cleric 3 mages party and encountered a bug that I cannot solve. Whenever I try to level my cleric the game says "Remove negative levels first" so I cast the spell, it says "1 negative level removed" aaaand... still cannot level lol, same message as before. So I tried it over and over and over again, removing a total of 13 negative levels or smth and every time it cost me some XP until I had too little XP to level anymore. So I went out killing something, ding, cleric could level again but nope: Remove negative levels first.

Well too bad but screw it then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Is your clearic wearing an alignment innappropriate item (like perhaps a robe of the magi or something?) those tend to bestow negative levels while they're equipped.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Ahhh, that might be it, thank you :)

There were robes of the magi in KotC? Pretty sure KotC didn't have any robes, unless they've got patched in at a later time. Use mithril leather armor for mages.
You can try an NPC cleric and see whether he can successfully remove the negative levels.
Do you use a fully patched game? What spell do you use to remove the negative levels?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I honestly couldn't recall what the item was in KotC that did that, aside from a holy avenger sword I think? But I'd assume there are others, including something you might equip on a cleric.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom