Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Knights of the Chalice 2 Development Update

Boardgame aesthetic looks much better then KoTC
I really don't think it does.
The first one could at least claim to offer the charm of a "retro" aesthetic:

Knights_of_the_Chalice_3.jpg

This sequel just screams "I'll have to manage with zero budget and nothing resembling an artist at hand"
It has to be one of the most remarkable cases of sequel getting far uglier than the original:

93.jpg

EDIT - Holy fuck, how do I reduce the size of these pictures?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Are these real D&D classes or did he make these up? These classes are insane. Look at the samurai. At level 19, the weapon you're using, as long as it's a sword, is automatically treated as a +8 weapon. I've never even heard of a +8 weapon. When designers get REALLY wacky, they use +5, but +8? Just for being a samurai? And what's the difference between a champion and a paladin? Well, for one, champions are better fighters. Oh, they're also better clerics. They can do everything that either class can do without any penalties or drawbacks. That's the case with all the classes he's implementing. I don't know whether he made these up or not, but they sound horrible.

Gregz

Arcane
Are these real D&D classes or did he make these up? These classes are insane. Look at the samurai. At level 19, the weapon you're using, as long as it's a sword, is automatically treated as a +8 weapon. I've never even heard of a +8 weapon. When designers get REALLY wacky, they use +5, but +8? Just for being a samurai? And what's the difference between a champion and a paladin? Well, for one, champions are better fighters. Oh, they're also better clerics. They can do everything that either class can do without any penalties or drawbacks. That's the case with all the classes he's implementing. I don't know whether he made these up or not, but they sound horrible.

KoTC 1 is a 'house rules' modification of D&D 3.5e OGL.

Wizards can cast like sorcerers, but still use Int as their primary attribute. etc.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
He tries to give an incentive to play the different classes. A fighter at that level can dual-wield heavily enchanted weapons (we're talking high level here, so the weapons will have strong effects like vorpal etc) with greater two-weapon fighting, or he can use a shield for much better AC and protective enchantments of said shield. Single-wielding a +8 weapon without using a shield sounds great - still, I wouldn't do it, so if anything the Samurai isn't good enough to actually play one given the other options.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom