Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
(I also find lockpicking very very difficult on M+K and almost never attempt it, because lockpicks are rare and or expensive)

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Hopefully someone will make a mod that will put all the settlement names into proper German ones~
They should've gone full balls-to-the-wall with the renaming. They did a great job with most names but shit like "Przybyslawice" is just hanging mid-way, nor Czech, nor German, just ugly.
All the names are taken from 1700s (?) German (austro-hungarian) maps. Expects for Uzhitz. The proper German name is Aushitz and people outside the company kept confusing it with Aushwitz. I fought for keeping the name but I was in the minority. I guess somebody wanted to prevent a controversy (while allowing Dan on Twitter, LOL)

Smejki

Developer
Is there dismemberment? would make sense considering all the sword play.
it would make sense maybe for civilians, not for armoured enemies.
However the clothing system is why it's almost impossible to do that properly. chopping the basic skeleton would be easy.

Smejki

Developer
When I try to change graphics settings (going from Medium to High for example), the game starts loading and never returns. Did anyone else encounter this?

There's a "stand by..." icon, bottom right corner, the rotating part is also a progress bar....is it slowly filling with red? Yesterday on the Angry Joe stream switching from Medium to High took several minutes.

Hopefully someone will make a mod that will put all the settlement names into proper German ones~
They should've gone full balls-to-the-wall with the renaming. They did a great job with most names but shit like "Przybyslawice" is just hanging mid-way, nor Czech, nor German, just ugly.

I'm curious, what was the size of the team working on this (during the last 6 months), and roughly the budget of the game?

Maybe 120 strong team (maybe a bit more) and as for the budget, various numbers popping up. Some say 5 million USD but that seems way too low. I've seen 10 or even 15 million, hard to say.
25 until kickstarter, 50 after kickstarter, about 80-90 for most of the production with additional 20-30 people in the last year or so (mainly QA and Script dept.).
As for the budget "5 million USD" is no longer a valid number. 10-15 is closer to reality but I won't give you more exact number. Could be lower, could be higher. certainly not over 20. ... at least I hope so.

Smejki

Developer
The team started at , made the prototype, went to kickstarter, then 2K closed Prague office, so Warhorse hired around 30 people, then kept hiring throughout the development to current cca 120 people.
Budget closest estimate is 15 million USD.

Interesting when you consider 120 people is approx 15 million dollars a year at 10k per person per month, and the development has many different costs. Personally I reckon that 15 is too conservative and 30 is probably the total spend, although hey voice acting is obviously budget
On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg

On the other
dhAZupM.png

Renevent

Cipher
Got to play a few hours last night and so far pretty impressed. I think the thing that's impressed me the most is it's one of the first games in a really long time where I actually care about the story and am watching all the cutscenes and reading all the dialog. Henry is a good main character and is relate-able. Graphically, and to no one's surprise, the game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. Beyond just textures they've built a believable looking world and the settlements/castles are amazing. I'm getting pretty good performance as well and certainly not anywhere even remotely like the train-wreck it's being touted as. Setting are all on ultra with a few things turned off (like DOP).

For the bad...fighting is a little clunky though haven't done too much of it yet. I did whoop that drunk's ass though :) Not sure I like how hungry Henry is I mean damn the boy can eat 10 apples and still bitch and complain about starving. I've noticed the occasional pathing issue for NPC's which seems like the standard for open world games. I've also noticed the very rare graphical glitch such as textures flickering and occlusion.

Anyways overall really enjoying it so far!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm glad the story is good and it is just edgy try hardism where everybody is a piece of shit and there's no one that is even remotely relatable or sympathetic.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The team started at , made the prototype, went to kickstarter, then 2K closed Prague office, so Warhorse hired around 30 people, then kept hiring throughout the development to current cca 120 people.

Interesting when you consider 120 people is approx 15 million dollars a year at 10k per person per month, and the development has many different costs. Personally I reckon that 15 is too conservative and 30 is probably the total spend, although hey voice acting is obviously budget
On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg
On the other
dhAZupM.png

The first one is average yearly salaries?

Elex

Arbiter

On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg

On the other
dhAZupM.png
because beer is cheap in germany?

and yep italy don’t have minimun wage.

Smejki

Developer
Color me skeptical to their involvement being purely retail.
They handled the whole retail and parts of the marketing (like fancy press events, expo booths etc.). They have no creative control over the content nor do they own the IP, the tech or the any part of Warhorse.

Smejki

Developer

On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg

On the other
dhAZupM.png
because beer is cheap in germany?

and yep italy don’t have minimun wage.
Germans are half Slavs anyway
And we're half German, so...

Last edited:

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Color me skeptical to their involvement being purely retail.
They handled the whole retail and parts of the marketing (like fancy press events, expo booths etc.). They have no creative control over the content nor do they own the IP, the tech or the any part of Warhorse.
Oh no, I was thinking more along the lines of that they invested money in the company, to receive a cut outside of retail as well (i.e. digital sales). I wasn't implying that they had part ownership, I was thinking more along the lines of silent investors.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
How a Bethesda fan reacts to KC:D

- "you only fight a few times in the first 4 hours." (so?)
- "it's a railroad" (yeah, well, you didn't even get out of the tutorial though..)
- "I can't beat horses to death without consequences in the tutorial" ("muh open world sandbox though!!")
- "why can't I savescum all the time?!!"

Fucking hell, I'm sure she's not a fucking idiot, but this is the shit in just 10 minutes of the video...I can't take any more.

People don't want anything to be different from what they already like. People don't have any patience. People were a mistake.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
One thing they should add is the contextual option to eat directly from the table, instead of picking up the food and then having to go to the inventory to eat.

Nael

Arcane

On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg

On the other
dhAZupM.png

I am retiring to Belgium.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
hey, Smejki, since you are here, I wonder if any quests have any kind of time limits on when you have to complete them, main and side quests alike, also if you stop some thief (as in someone running after thief) and you stop them, can you carry them to the guards to get money, fame etc, or are players expected to just leave them around unconscious?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom