Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So aside from the obvious "be here at a specific time" which quests are time sensitive? I am early doing the mysterious ways quest and they tell me to hurry before time runs out and trails goes cold. How many days should i visit urkitz or whatever the name is before i fail the quest?

hilfazer

Scholar
So aside from the obvious "be here at a specific time" which quests are time sensitive? I am early doing the mysterious ways quest and they tell me to hurry before time runs out and trails goes cold. How many days should i visit urkitz or whatever the name is before i fail the quest?

I took my sweet time before going to Uzhitz, i doubt there's any time limit here.
Quests where you need to heal someone are most likely time limited. I did them quickly so i can't say for sure.

Beowulf

Arcane
In the later part of the game, after Varnik, some parts of the main quest are also time sensitive.
But it is emphasised, so you will know when you encounter it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The quest with the heretics is timed and I don't think the game makes that clear. If you fuck about too long the church guy will leave.

Keppo

Arbiter
>game crashes due to bug
>lose over 2 hours of gameplay

Words cannot describe how much I hate whoever came up with this game's save system

Didnt play Kingdom yet, but yeah something like this is the worst, so annoying.. Also Kingdom is playable yet or not? Same question for Elex...

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
The game would lose half of its charm with a normal save system.

Except for when you try to sleep on a bugged bed and get a perpetual loading screen, which results in the game not saving and you having to redo a whole lot of inane crap.

Didnt play Kingdom yet, but yeah something like this is the worst, so annoying.. Also Kingdom is playable yet or not? Same question for Elex...

It's playable, but it depends on how much bullshit you're ready to put up with. The game's a brilliant autistic shitshow that is half genius and half garbage. I love it and hate it alternatingly.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Fuck off, LARPer
Wow nice counterargument faggot. "Oh I'm so shit at games and I can't figure out the mechanics or my head from my own ass, this guy just gave me the simplest fucking advice to have unlimited saves, better call him a LARPer." Go neck yourself you daft cunt.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Fuck off, LARPer
Wow nice counterargument faggot. "Oh I'm so shit at games and I can't figure out the mechanics or my head from my own ass, this guy just gave me the simplest fucking advice to have unlimited saves, better call him a LARPer." Go neck yourself you daft cunt.

Lel, if you didn't have Vavra's cock so deep down your throat you'd know better than to post "just sleep lul" when it's the very mechanic that's supposed to save that caused the crash in the first place, you dense fucking faggot

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
>game crashes due to bug

How do you go for 2 hours without saving? You know you can Save&Exit and load again if you haven't had an automatic or sleep save for a while right? Plus you should really brew a bunch of schnapps if you're more than 20 hours into the game, it's cheap and easy.

Parabalus

Arcane
The game would lose half of its charm with a normal save system.

Except for when you try to sleep on a bugged bed and get a perpetual loading screen, which results in the game not saving and you having to redo a whole lot of inane crap.

It's playable, but it depends on how much bullshit you're ready to put up with. The game's a brilliant autistic shitshow that is half genius and half garbage. I love it and hate it alternatingly.

You can just download the save mod and spam F5 for peace of mind. If you only reload 'proper' saves there isn't any downside.

Big Wrangle

Yeah I have no idea what you are doing going 2 hours without saving.
You'd be surprised how people can get carried away with a game session and only save when they wanna put it down. It happened to me a few times, bad enough to forget to even save once, though I've kicked the habit nowadays.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah I have no idea what you are doing going 2 hours without saving.
You'd be surprised how people can get carried away with a game session and only save when they wanna put it down. It happened to me a few times, bad enough to forget to even save once, though I've kicked the habit nowadays.

That's all fine, but in Kingdom Come kind of forces you to save because you save via sleeping mechanic which is also tied to healing, resting, reseting the shops and so on. So I'm kind of puzzled how can you lose whole 2 hours of progress, because typically during 2 hours of uninterrputed playtime you would end up sleeping at least once or more.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
That's all fine, but in Kingdom Come kind of forces you to save because you save via sleeping mechanic which is also tied to healing, resting, reseting the shops and so on. So I'm kind of puzzled how can you lose whole 2 hours of progress, because typically during 2 hours of uninterrputed playtime you would end up sleeping at least once or more.

Usually you do sleep often, except for when you don't. Closed taverns, questing in the wilds, stuff like that. Add to that a bug that can crash your game when you do end up finding a bed and you've got a perfect recipe for aggravating your players. Is that really too much for you to grasp or is blind apologism clouding your vision?

You know you can Save&Exit and load again if you haven't had an automatic or sleep save for a while right?

And that's another thing. The save&exit feature is silly, because ultimately it's more cost-efficient than using schnapps if you don't mind closing the game and opening it again for a free save. The devs are just creating silly hoops for players to jump through.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
And that's another thing. The save&exit feature is silly, because ultimately it's more cost-efficient than using schnapps if you don't mind closing the game and opening it again for a free save. The devs are just creating silly hoops for players to jump through.
Schnapps saves are permanent until overwritten, and you can reload them as often as you wish. Exit saves can only be loaded when starting the game. Too bad they're not deleted after a reload (just hidden), but then again, that does give you some protection against crashes and game-stopping bugs.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that there are people who've been playing games for years and still don't save their games at regular intervals even when the game gives them all the tools for it. Yeah, there are bugs, and bugs suck, but that only makes it more important to save as often as you possibly can.

lefthandblack

Arcane
>game crashes due to bug

Words cannot describe how much I hate whoever came up with this game's save system

Install the save mod, have a better life. The most fun I've had with the game was savesumming my way through to a near complete slaughter of Uzhitz; the fucking priest is immortal though:negative:.
Once loverslab gets ahold of it, it might actually be a good game.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Usually you do sleep often, except for when you don't. Closed taverns, questing in the wilds, stuff like that. Add to that a bug that can crash your game when you do end up finding a bed and you've got a perfect recipe for aggravating your players. Is that really too much for you to grasp or is blind apologism clouding your vision?

You know you can Save&Exit and load again if you haven't had an automatic or sleep save for a while right?

So what you're saying is you are a sniveling cunt. Your insufferable crash notwithstanding, do you understand why they implemented the save mechanic as they have?

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
So what you're saying is you are a sniveling cunt. Your insufferable crash notwithstanding, do you understand why they implemented the save mechanic as they have?

Lol, the game's OK but its fanboys are a such shower of village idiots one can't help wonder if they've taken to LARPing inbred peasants IRL. Oo arr m'lord Vavra, 'avin the game save when young 'Enry 'ere takes a shit is a great idear, can I get a charisma boost fer wipin my arse with somethin' better than a 'andful of straw? There was varmints wat 'ad taken to pointin' out bugs in yer game m'liege but I threw turnips an' dung at 'em to shoo 'em away.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Indeed, the save system is all about creating hoops for players to jump through... to make save-scumming more difficult. That's the whole point. It adds some tension to a genre where a save anywhere system tends to make things too easy. It certainly made me think about my actions a lot harder in the early game when schnapps was a lot more scarce. But if you don't like it, just download the infinite quicksave mod.

Save & exit was not originally part of the game. Too many people bitched about the lack of a save & exit feature so it got patched in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom