Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Paul_cz

Arcane
I don't get it. On one hand gamers are bitching about developers releasing games early and broken, and when someone decides to delay to avoid that, they bitch all over again about the delay.

I think by this point even people who've been saying THAT^ this whole time are a bit annoyed by the delay. IIRC the initial KS estimate was December 2015, now it's KS, noone really expected that to be met so everyone, save for the incurable whiners, was ok with them delaying to summer 2016. Then it was delayed to summer 2017 and I was like ok, that's really long but let Warhorse make it as perfect as possible. And now 8 months more. Sure, I'll live, I got all sorts of shit to do, loads of games to play but c'mon, more than 2 years delay from the original deadline? That's a lot, a lot lot. The only consolation is it's not as bad as Star Citizen or Cyberpunk...and that's not much of a consolation.

Whatever Warhorse, just make a video update now and then and keep communicating with the fans. We'll wait.

Warhorse fucked up by giving overly optimistic dates, sure, but then again they needed the money so whatchagonna do. Original date counted with game being split into those acts, but that idea got scrapped and since scope got bigger by making bigger standalone game, timeframe changed. All in all the full development started after kickstarter (the stuff done before was just prototype), which will make it 3 years and 11 months long development when it comes out. Considering the fuck up like Andromeda took 5 years, TW3 took 4, KCD is within a reasonable ballpark, particularly considering the envelope pushing it attempts to do.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Alpha ran like shit on my not so bad rig, so I can't comment on gameplay, and they still haven't shown it in the trailer. So I like the animation, I like the costumes (and weapons and armour), but whoever did the sculpts of the characters was kinda lazy. I get that they wanted the game to look realistic, but the MC looks... well, he looks just like our plumber neighbor, tbh. Other people look bland too.
The MC is modeled from the actor's face. Not sure about the others.
About 50% of main chars have actual faces of their voiceactors. Player char is one of the cases.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Alpha ran like shit on my not so bad rig, so I can't comment on gameplay, and they still haven't shown it in the trailer. So I like the animation, I like the costumes (and weapons and armour), but whoever did the sculpts of the characters was kinda lazy. I get that they wanted the game to look realistic, but the MC looks... well, he looks just like our plumber neighbor, tbh. Other people look bland too.
The MC is modeled from the actor's face. Not sure about the others.
Yeah, I know, and I understand that they wanted the game to look realistic, but I fear that they've veered into bland instead. Oh well, time will tell, that if my rig will be even capable of running it.
Beta was reaaaally unoptimized. There were SOME graphic LODs but that was pretty much it. The current build is running about twice as fast and we're still not done.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The faces don't look worse than W3 (where a lot of the main chars look like from an animu) and for being based on 3D scans (which I generally dislike), they are pretty ok. Real people look average and boring, and of course no one wants this in media (movies, games), but they have some good variety here.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Damn, 8 more months. That pre-order feels more and more pointless.

This. I just felt 50 bucks worth of a sting.
Don't worry. You're all making money back on inflation.

Oh wait.

Man, I even got a new graphic card in anticipation for the release. I guess I still benefit, but haven't really played anything worth the card yet :negative:

Could've waited for the full release before buying a new card, thus getting a better deal.

I know, I know. I feel ya, bro...

agris

Arcane
Patron
The animations look really off, especially of the npcs during the cutscenes of the first half. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's like all the limbs are floating. Everywhere there's joint (neck, elbows, wrists), the conjoined limbs articulate like rigid members that are weighted oddly. Like the joints of marionettes maybe? I don't know, I don't think I have the vocabulary to describe the problem any better, but the animations look wrong.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
It kinda reminds me of that Game of Thrones RPG by Cyanide. Is Czech shovelware better than Parisian shovel ware, now, is the question.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It kinda reminds me of that Game of Thrones RPG by Cyanide. Is Czech shovelware better than Parisian shovel ware, now, is the question.

I finished GoT by Cyanide. It was pure trash in graphics and gameplay, KCD is lightyears ahead and even mentioning them in the same sentence is basically being total moron.
BUT, GoT has a really fucking good story/characters. That was its saving grace and why I finished it. We will see if KCD ends up being well written, I am optimistic for now.

Starwars

Arcane
My main hope for this game is that it will have interesting quest solutions and a beautiful nice open world to explore. The story bits have always rubbed me the wrong way from the start. Obivously before it was a huge WiP but now that the game is coming together and... well, it looks better obviously but yeah, there is still soemthing that just really feels off.

Oh well, we'll see... in another 8 months I guess. :lol:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
there is still soemthing that just really feels off.

Well it's non-fantasy and the setting is rather obscure - not a Napoleonic era or the American Civil War or WW2 or other obvious venues but a local, small and forgotten civil war in a small Central Yuro country. Is that what you mean by "feeling off"? Because I for one find it interesting and original and refreshing. I mean how many games about D-Day do we really need?

Starwars

Arcane

Well it's non-fantasy and the setting is rather obscure - not a Napoleonic era or the American Civil War or WW2 or other obvious venues but a local, small and forgotten civil war in a small Central Yuro country. Is that what you mean by "feeling off"? Because I for one find it interesting and original and refreshing. I mean how many games about D-Day do we really need?

No, it's not that at all. The setting is one of the more interesting things about the game and something I look forward to a lot. I mean that there is something about the VA, the animations, maybe the writing, the presentation, the whole "epic" feel (in this trailer) that completely falls short of what it tries to do.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
The animations (both facial and body) seem like a very unpolished motion capture pass, or even a procedural animation system in places. I do hope they go over it at least a few times since they have a lot of time until release.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

No, it's not that at all. The setting is one of the more interesting things about the game and something I look forward to a lot. I mean that there is something about the VA, the animations, maybe the writing, the presentation, the whole "epic" feel (in this trailer) that completely falls short of what it tries to do.

Yeah, the setting is one of the most interesting aspect of this game. Non-fantasy medieval is no less exotic than Napoleonic era or American Civil War, and as an historical period i like the middle ages far more than those last two so i'm pretty stoked about this.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I'm not gonna lie to you guys: all I care about is combat. Killing things is my thing. So whether or not I'll regret pre-ordering this will come down to how good the "thing-killing" mechanics are.

One WW2 shooter a day makes all boredom go away.

You guys should really try Day of Infamy. It reminds me of all the fun lan parties we had with the old Medal of Honor. Tis really gud, guise. Play it.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Is that the sequel to Day of Defeat? My son was an elite DoD player and he mentioned the sequel was basically dismissed as shit (from an esports perspective).

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom