Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

So, motherboard died a week ago and I got a new mobo/cpu/ram. Can finally play this without any stuttering with a mix of High/Very High/Ultra settings and all distance sliders maxed at 40-60 fps. Game was pretty cool until the asault on bandit camp. :lol: Holy shit what a clusterfuck that one is. This game really doesn't shine in mass combat scenarios. I ended up bleeding out my ass during the whole "take care of archers/fight through church" phase without being able to use potions or bandages, and then a cutscene, autosave and now I'm stuck having to fight Runt with my screen red and me dying in one hit. Got really fucking irritated and had to stop for now until butthurt goes away.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
My runt fight didn't trigger the cutscene that was supposed to happen after it multiple times. I managed to beat him first time around by just poking him to death. Most of the combat in the game was really easy to be honest.

did this game age well?
NAH B RO GRAPHIXS ARE TERRIBLE INSTALL RESHADE ENB ULTIMATE SUPER GRAFHIX PRESET

Seriously though it's quite great. Except I'm still butthurt at that checkpointing I was complaining about before so still not continuing. :lol: Will get to it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
did this game age well?
What do you think?

42292663655_34c99b6b6d_k.jpg

40326524002_3262275ea5_o.png

38545832990_1e926a25dc_o.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The foliage will make it age well. I don't think there is any game that has foliage as good as it does.

It was unplayable in Rattay with my i5 2320 and 8 GB DDR3 RAM, but now that I switched to i5-8400 / 16 GB DDR 2400 RAM I am fine with how it runs, especially considering the settings I run on. It's not smooth 60 fps but good enough for me. Been trying out some other games that gave my previous CPU troubles and I gotta say i5-8400 seems like a beast for its price.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Definitely seems like a great CPU, but I have a feeling that Intel only made it that cheap because they now have some actual competition against them with Ryzen 1600/2600, otherwise it would be a 100€ more expensive :lol:

Paul_cz

Arcane
yeah, i wasn't talking about the graphics when i asked if it aged well.
Then maybe you should be more specific. Generally talking about games older less than half a year as "aging" is kinda dumb. If you mean "did patches fix bugs?" then the answer is "mostly yes, more patches are on the way though".

Reapa

Doom Preacher
i mean, is the combat still to people's liking? i remember having played a little beta and it was kinda tedious. more so than daggerfall's.

Cadmus

Arcane
i mean, is the combat still to people's liking? i remember having played a little beta and it was kinda tedious. more so than daggerfall's.
the combat is fine but you get way too powerful way too fast
I think Ive managed to land a combo maybe 2 times yet I already can exterminate a camp of 4-5 well armored sand niggers

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
did this game age well?
Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a number of interesting systems relating to a variety of skills, connecting to both combat and exploration, and tied into its nonlinear Open World environment. Moreover, that environment is a well-realized, small-scale, pure (i.e. non-fantasy) medieval setting, relating to an actual, historical conflict. However, there's an underlying tension between these systems of game mechanics and the narrative of the main story, which is more of a cutscene simulator and becomes increasingly intrusive as you progress through the main storyline. This is why I'd prefer the developers skip to Kingdom Come: Hussite Wars rather than make a KCD 2: Prince Hal of Skalitz, as the former might focus on extending and improving its game mechanics while reining in excessive use of cutscenes, whereas the latter will likely have a greater focus on story-telling and cutscenes in place in gameplay.

Cadmus

Arcane
When is the next dlc Smejki ? What about new patches? Please give us news!
Watch official communication channels
hey, tell your boss that for all the bitching about how people wrongly assume that the medieval peasants were dirty, in the quest with the executioner who wants to marry Eliska's - her face is literally covered in shit
she just sits there and says shes a strong woman who aint gonna cry anymore but her face is still covered in shit after like a week of sitting on the bench
it looks ridiculous

in fact, any time somebodys face has this shit texture it looks horrible because the game makes you believe people actually wash themselves
0/10, wouldnt play again

Hey and the character progression is totally fucked up, I single-handedly exterminated the camp of like 10 people in the quest where Bernard takes you and Capon to find his murderous step cousin or something.
Brofist for how the game actually acknowledges it. I was supposed to be scouting for the Bernards commando but the girl from the mill lead me to the camp so I decided to just kill them all. Bernard says: "Jesus Christ you killed him alone??" and Henry does the child-like "Yes" in a hilariously playful tone. Henry's voice actor really grew on me. At first I thought his mouth was full of shit or something but he might just be my favourite protagonist voice as far as I can remember. Barring Hitman and such, of course.

Smejki or anybody else, can you help me ? I stole Capons clothes and weapons when he left them at the bathouse and now he walks everywhere naked... Im afraid hes gonna die in some battle. How can I force him to wear something?

Quillon

Arcane
Watching the doc atm, seeing and remembering the early stuff with all the cleavage and stuff and now we have the full game with no cleavage whatsoever in daily clothes, even people bathing fully clothed :P Was there a reason for this prudence(or whatever was the word for it) I wonder?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom