Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame

Ghoulem

Erudite
Since we have an official here, do you know when physical distrubation of the game will take place? I don't have much love for Steam (or the likes) and this game looks good enough to buy before I try. Any date?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ghoulem said:
Since we have an official here, do you know when physical distrubation of the game will take place? I don't have much love for Steam (or the likes) and this game looks good enough to buy before I try. Any date?

Well, CDP's official store says they'll start selling boxed editions on the third of december here in Poland, but that'll probably be a localised version too.

Raapys

Arcane
Surprisingly good game, huge step up from the very mediocre Crusaders. Rather difficult too. I'm playing on normal, but I suspect the AI is cheating a fair bit; he's able to keep armies about four times my own size with maybe a third the number of provinces. Looks like the AI gets like 5 times the amount of food and gold from his provinces compared to when the player has them.

pro gamer tip:
keep lancelot and guinevere on opposite sides of the british isles at all times
or send mad martigan into the drow ruins to recover the mithril chastity belt of bhaal

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Kate_Neocore said:
Thanks for RPG Codex for dealing with King Arthur.
The official forum for the game will be launched soon. We’ll let you know if it’s available, you can also visit that one if you like.
In one or two days a new patch will be available (fixing bugs and resolution problems, game-balancing, new difficulty level: beginner, etc.)
Keep on playing and have a lot fun.
We’re asking everybody who have problems with the game to send the detailed configuration (hardware&software) description to support@kingarthurthewargame.com

Good to see you. Yes, it would be very nice if you keep us specifically updated.

Excellent news that you now have opened a forum, but I think you should have much earlier.

I understand that that you can't talk to everybody but still let me point out I that I sent a very specific enquiry to your support (about distribution) and never got an answer. But don't worry, it's ok.

What is the timeframe for the demo?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Darth Roxor said:
Well, CDP's official store says they'll start selling boxed editions on the third of december here in Poland, but that'll probably be a localised version too.
120 zl :shock: More expensive than the original version... It was always the other way round...

And yes, a demo would be nice.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
amazon.de says 28.10.2010.

no information from amazon concerning uk release ( I prefer the english version, especially now, cause the pound is so low)

I am young, I can wait.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've only just finished the first two tutorial battles, but so far this seems like gud fun.

hello all you sexy ginger-bearded misanthropes

i've been playing this game :(
no crashes, only one obvious bug when I restarted a battle (did so due to knight dying, when I restarted the battle he was dead some more still)
Still trying to get a feel for balance. The battle maps are pretty darn small, but the terrain is diverse.
Performance seems quite good, voice-overs haven't been below average yet.

The c&c is all good/bad, christian/pagan. interestingly you can be both good AND christian, huh well whatever, it's a videogame, anything can happen, robots can even go back in time

Pretty okay character development. Some of the skills/spells/abilities just aren't useful compared to others, that's the main problem.

Overbloom on the turn-based map, but battles are decent.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
When you want to go further on the main-quest, is there some key time you should do it? It seems I always go too early, which results in me being severely raped, and I'm playing on fucking easy.

I've never had such problems with any other genre. I play almost all other types of RTS out there. Dammit man, this is starting to hurt my selfconfidence :/

Kate_Neocore

Novice
I’m happy to inform you about the new update of King Arthur on Steam. We listen to your requests and suggestions and we try to implement to the game as much as we can. Hope we’re successful. Pls keep posting your ideas and feedback and have fun.

Update v1.02 - New content and bug fixing

Improved movement during melee
Increased battle sound range
Added "beginner" difficulty level
Added sounds of unit selection in battles
Added marking own and enemy units (hotkey Tab)
Added invert mouse zoom checkbox in battle Options
Added rotate / strafe camera checkbox in battle Options
Added camera lock to the selected unit (hotkey Ctrl + Q)
Added "weakening archers" checkbox in Campaign map Options
Added divide army and recruiting icons in the army window as well
Added more detailed information about missing drivers, if any
Added disband option of units in a visible enemy army removed
Fixed font size bug on the loading screens
Fixed game crash bugs
Console for cheats
Creating screenshots (hotkey Ctrl + Space)
1440x900 resolution available

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Looks like it solves a couple of the issues I found most annoying. Especially the combat movement was very annoying, good thing you've solved that.

There's a couple more issues I'd like to see fixed though. Have you set up your forum yet?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Which one of those fixes the performance because this game looks like MTW2 but runs like shit when bigger armies clash?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, the closest comparison I'd do would be Total War with a lesser scope, magickz and character development, although I only played M:TW, and it bored me rather quickly. It also has pretty neat side quests with skill checks and different outcomes, and so far the Arthurian setting seems well done, the faith and morality allegiances that shift constantly and give different boni are also pretty interesting.

So far, my only gripe with it is the enemy AI which seems pretty idiotic at times, especially when it gets confused under archer fire - a few times when I was shooting enemy squads, they just stopped and took their beating, instead of, I dunno running to the forest to get shelter or something. Not to mention that if you have more than two squads of archers, you can take down enemy teams rather easily with the oldest tactic ever - the enemy squad chases one of your archer squads around, while the remaining ones keep sending arrows after their arses.

Oh, and:

Elwro said:
120 zl :shock:

80, actually

Stalin

Scholar
having tried it i muist say its crap few units on battleground no unit balance whatsoever crap camera: i uninstalled

No linking to torrents you stupid fuck ~Jarl

Ghoulem

Erudite
Stalin, you fool! Do not remove from inventory. If this game is half of what it sounds like the devs deserve the money.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I still get an EngineSupplier.dll error. Fuck this junk.

(I'm frustrated because I want it but can't have it :().

Stalin

Scholar
Stalin said:
having tried it i muist say its crap few units on battleground no unit balance whatsoever crap camera: i uninstalled

No linking to torrents you stupid fuck ~Jarl
Unless the game is from a major developer then its ok? douchebag pseudo intellectual: Its like telling your mates not to talk shit about your sister while shes fucking the entire school

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom