Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If my name was Chris Avellone I'd totally get 1 million just by showing my nipples on Kickstarter.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Planetary Annihilation $1,800,000 stretch goal revealed: Galactic War http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nihilation-a-next-generation-rts/posts/303555

It seems like that'd either play as a very dumbed down 4X type game, or merely just a huge campaign map where you battle someone for a system, win or lose, then move on to the next one. Can't understand the excitement over it.
It's all about dropping moons onto planets, duh.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
http://www.indiegogo.com/starshipcorp

A strategy game about designing spaceships and managing a fleet of them. Already funded for the base game singleplayer game (13k/6k), but in stretch goals you've got multiplayer (16k) and a singleplayer campaign... With cutscenes and Randroid plot, at 26k.
MOTHER OF GOD! This is what I'm fucking talking about.

My pants...I need to change them...

*smokes afterglow cigarette*

Me want!!!!

Minor edit:

There is an Alpha available for download for Starship Corporation. It's supposed to show some of the Ship Design gameplay.

Get it here:

http://www.starshipcorporation.com/media/downloads/

dbx

Arcane
Patron

A strategy game about designing spaceships and managing a fleet of them. Already funded for the base game singleplayer game (13k/6k), but in stretch goals you've got multiplayer (16k) and a singleplayer campaign... With cutscenes and Randroid plot, at 26k.

Oh and it's made by something called GameMaker, take that as you will.

Also featuring exclusive content for backers, in a multiplayer game.

So, basically a clone of FTL?

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Oh and it's made by something called GameMaker, take that as you will.

Also featuring exclusive content for backers, in a multiplayer game.

So, basically a clone of FTL?

More like it's bigger brother

Destroid

Arcane
While it certainly shares a lot with FTL (and FTL shares a lot with games that came before, like Weird Worlds), this game does look to have quite a different focus.

kazgar

Arcane

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Pebble: E-Paper Watch

Deliverables: The Palo Alto company offered smart watches that paired with iOS and Android phones. Custom watchfaces were promised for pledges of $1,250 or more.
Funding goal: $100,000
Amount received: $10,266,845

Shiiiiiit.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
e-mail said:
Hello Day One supporter,
Pendulo’s New Adventure: Day One did not reach its goal before the end of the fundraising period. We are sad about it, but happy that you have been onboard, supporting the project.
As a result, we would like to thank you for having supported
Day One until the end and would like to offer you the ability to download for free one game from the Pendulo catalogue available on our platform Gamesplanet.
You never know what the future holds for this project. The story is not over!
:incline: And I didn't even have to pay anything.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Pangenic is designed to give players a deep sense of pathos for every one of their characters and their experiences. In a broad way, Pangenic seeks to strip the spreadsheets and managerial aspects of X-Com and replace them with genuine, emergent, emotional content.
Oh fuck off already. :rpgcodex:

*clutches a beloved spreadsheet to chest possessively*

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Sword of Fargoal 2: Classic Dungeon-Crawler Adventure

This looks good.
I haven't played the original though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fargoal/sword-of-fargoal-2-classic-dungeon-crawler-adventu

"We want to bring the next evolution of the 80s cult-hit retro dungeon crawler game Sword of Fargoal back — for Mac/PC/Linux/iOS — completely reimagined, reworked, and stuffed with awesome new features (which are detailed towards the end of this page, so keep reading!)"

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Project Eternity already received over 120k in one hour. This project has the potential to knock it out of the park.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom