Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter confirmed

spectre

Arcane
Dunno, ask Lorica. Perhaps his remark about speaking German has lead me to a wrong conclusion.

as for refreshing mods, try your hands at Ja1/2 metavira made by the Night Ops Team.
More details plox. I only recall Return to Metavira, looked great but iirc it was never finished.
It's been some time since I sifted the interwebs for JA info, so it may have changed.

Reading all that you wrote ITT, i'd suggest to play it on novice mode, though.
Eh?

Lorica

Educated
Ah, I see I'm the source of the confusion. I was referring to the very active German-language modding community in general, not RR in particular, though Vengeance is German only right now, isn't it? I've never tried it, but I think the Demise of Man pretty-total-conversion (that's 1.13 compatible, if I understand correctly) is also primarily German. That's just to name two on my list of "to install once I've bought a German dictionary" mods.

Anyway, you should probably check out all of the mods with hosted fora on the Bear's Pit if you're really starved, although I see you're interested in 1.13 compatible mods. To tell you the truth, though I find 1.13 great, I rarely miss the features once I'm in a good TC.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We will give you a choice of distribution, always including a DRM-free option, for both the core game and future expansions.

How did they work that deal out with the Publisher?

And they pulled the "We worked on these games, but did not really make them" card (to be fair they don't state what exactly they worked on, say for example Crysis).

While we have managed to secure the Jagged Alliance license, we have chosen not to pursue any funding through the license holder bitComposer, as we wanted to maintain and stay true to our vision of the game.

They do not own the License to my knowledge, that is probably worded badly. bitcomposer still owns the Trademark (last time I checked a few minutes ago).

$350,000 sounds like a target they could make. I wonder if that is really enough?

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We will give you a choice of distribution, always including a DRM-free option, for both the core game and future expansions.

How did they work that deal out with the Publisher?

And they pulled the "We worked on these games, but did not really make them" card (to be fair they don't state what exactly they worked on, say for example Crysis).

While we have managed to secure the Jagged Alliance license, we have chosen not to pursue any funding through the license holder bitComposer, as we wanted to maintain and stay true to our vision of the game.

They do not own the License to my knowledge, that is probably worded badly. bitcomposer still owns the Trademark (last time I checked a few minutes ago).

$350,000 sounds like a target they could make. I wonder if that is really enough?

It's Bitcomposer right? Maybe CrashOberbreit can answer that question.

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher

We still own the Jagged Alliance brand. However, it is - after all - a license. And we can, of course, give that license, to other companies and allow them to use it. We did so with JA Online. And we did so for Full Control. However the Full Control deal is quite different since it is more or less a "heart-thing" (at least that's what I'd call it). I fell down on my knees to convince people here that there should be a turn based JA game. And I again fell down on my knees to convince people that Full Control should get the rights for their vision. Some may ask: Why them? So far they just did this Frontline Tactics stuff. Right. And it was an iPad game. The PC port wasn't.... that good in my eyes. But I've seen Space Hulk. I played Space Hulk. Long before it was shown at the GDC. After that I fell on my knees harder than ever before to convince people. I do believe that FC can do a good JA game, yes.

And so we are here. We gave them the license. They can use it. We offered funding. They wanted to stay independent. It was kinda tough to convince people that this would still be a good idea - but it worked. They can offer it DRM free, hell they can even offer it with flying cats. They now have the license, they can do whatever they wish to do - at least once. Cause the license-agreement is just for one game. At least for now. Who knows? If this game kicks ass and chews bubblegum, Full Control might also do JA3. Who knows?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I guess retards just can't not defile the already mutilated corpse of these series further and Jagged Alliance: Rape Trilogy has to be completed with another shitty attempt to cash-in, now on hipstarter.

spectre said:
I remember that big eureka moment myself when I finally figured out how to aim properly

Were you that illiterate to read the first few pages of the short manual? Then new JA games are for you!

The NFO just mentioned how to install and play. No instructions there...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We still own the Jagged Alliance brand. However, it is - after all - a license. And we can, of course, give that license, to other companies and allow them to use it. We did so with JA Online. And we did so for Full Control. However the Full Control deal is quite different since it is more or less a "heart-thing" (at least that's what I'd call it).

What specifically do you own of Jagged Alliance? The Trademark is still owned by Bitcomposer.

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
huh? I am from bitComposer :P
We own the Trademark and the whole franchise. But we can hand it over to those who ask if we feel that they can do a good job.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

We still own the Jagged Alliance brand. However, it is - after all - a license. And we can, of course, give that license, to other companies and allow them to use it. We did so with JA Online. And we did so for Full Control. However the Full Control deal is quite different since it is more or less a "heart-thing" (at least that's what I'd call it). I fell down on my knees to convince people here that there should be a turn based JA game. And I again fell down on my knees to convince people that Full Control should get the rights for their vision. Some may ask: Why them? So far they just did this Frontline Tactics stuff. Right. And it was an iPad game. The PC port wasn't.... that good in my eyes. But I've seen Space Hulk. I played Space Hulk. Long before it was shown at the GDC. After that I fell on my knees harder than ever before to convince people. I do believe that FC can do a good JA game, yes.

And so we are here. We gave them the license. They can use it. We offered funding. They wanted to stay independent. It was kinda tough to convince people that this would still be a good idea - but it worked. They can offer it DRM free, hell they can even offer it with flying cats. They now have the license, they can do whatever they wish to do - at least once. Cause the license-agreement is just for one game. At least for now. Who knows? If this game kicks ass and chews bubblegum, Full Control might also do JA3. Who knows?

I...want to believe CrashBandicoot...but so...so....hard....I just can't seem to get Back the Action to trust a publisher again.

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
Well, I joined bC near the end of the production of BiA. Tried my best with boxing through the patches. Didn't completely work out but at least it was something. And now I've put my hope into Full Control. Hope those guys use the license well.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Well, if you got an about to expire IP on your hands in a garage sale, you could just as well milk it to the last cent.

Also, the world is in dire need of Jagged Alliance Enforcer.

Or maybe Jagged Alliance: Zombie Apocalypse!

A 4 person coop where you pick from one of 4 iconic AIM mercs and work as a team to stop Deidranna's Undead Army!!!!

STEAM SALE STOCKING FILLER RIGHT THERE!!!! Every purchase gets an appropriately JA themed hat for TF2!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Well, I joined bC near the end of the production of BiA. Tried my best with boxing through the patches. Didn't completely work out but at least it was something. And now I've put my hope into Full Control. Hope those guys use the license well.

Were you the one responsible for naming the BiA patch 1.13? That was a neat troll...:salute:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So... is Full Control going to buy the Licence and Trademark of Jagged Alliance from Bitcomposer?

Or are they just paying Bitcomposer for a licence to make a Jagged Alliance game (the same thing HBS did, as in paying for a licence to make a Shadowrun game from Microsoft).

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
If Cancer wants to do an interview, he shall contact me. I'll give him the studio bosses email.

Jaesun: They already have the license. We allowed them already to use it. I won't say anything about the amount of money or if money at all was a matter of that. Let's just say that IF there was money involved it wasn't that much at all. See: If this works out well and the game becomes great, everyone wins. Even we, cause we may have found a Studio for JA3 in the end.

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
Full Control owns the game they make. They own the assets they create and code and stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom