Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ITZ ALMOST HERE

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
1920x1200

Oh god (Drog), please hurry. I've been sitting here for a week now 24/7, hitting the refresh button on my browser every 10 seconds. I've passed out twice so far, so now I'm using an electric cattle prod every 5 seconds. Don't know how much more..... OUCH!!

Of course, as soon as you release it - I'll have to sleep for a week :oops:

Black

Arcane
1680x1050 in fullscreen, 1440x900 in window if possible

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
1920x1200

Man the screenshot at that resolution rocks soo hard.

Manu

Novice
waiting for this patch to install and play arcanum 4 the first time

should I also download the high res map packs or will this patch pretty much make them obsolete?

btw is this going to be released this weekend or should I just fuck off and come back in a week or so?

qliveur

Educated
From what he said, it should have been done a couple of days ago, but he must have hit a snag somewhere.

I wouldn't worry about it, though. At least we know that when Drog says that he'll do something, he actually ends up doing it. :D

Zyrxil

Scholar
Manu said:
should I also download the high res map packs or will this patch pretty much make them obsolete?

Dude, why would you even think that? This patch lets more information (pixels) be displayed on the screen at the same time. Hi-res map packs add more information to be displayed.

Jaqen

Novice
1680x1050

So would the install process look like this:

Arcanum
Official Patch
Unofficial Patch
Hi Res Maps
Better Music
Hi Res Widescreen?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Not sure now. Found a nasty engine limitation yesterday that screws the scripting system at higher resolutions. Already found the coding, but it's pretty messy.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Its better that the mod is good then quickly finished in time.

Its done when its done.

Manu

Novice
Drog Black Tooth said:
Not sure now. Found a nasty engine limitation yesterday that screws the scripting system at higher resolutions. Already found the coding, but it's pretty messy.

1024x768 is good enuff for my laptop

so if you feel like sending the patch for 1024 my way

I do really hope arcanum is worth all this effort

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
There are two rules in life:

- Never talk about Fight Club

- Never give your email address to the Codex

Drog, do press on sir. We all applaud your Herculean effort.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Drog Black Tooth said:
Fixed it.

When looking for specified objects in vicinity the scripting system now thinks that the game still has the draw area of 800x400 (that's what the game was specifically designed for, anyway). This should eliminate all problems and incompatibility issues with the original content. If it wasn't for this fix, the game would be checking the whole screen and finding objects that were supposed to be off screen or not finding needed objects at all, since there's actually a limit on how many objects the scripting system can check on the screen.

Debugging is fun.

Manu

Novice
Crispy said:

it took me 2 seconds to delete the account

it must have taken you a lot longer to send me all those emails but hey I guess when your obese mongoloid living with your parents u have plenty 2 spare

fag

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Manu said:
Crispy said:

it took me 2 seconds to delete the account

it must have taken you a lot longer to send me all those emails but hey I guess when your obese mongoloid living with your parents u have plenty 2 spare

fag

butthurt detected.

On topic. GO DROG GO!! I have Arcanum installed and ready to go when this comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom