Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline It's time to SWING! like a corrupt capitalistic Gremlin.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Gremlins, Inc. is an intense strategy board game in a steampunk world of corrupt capitalist gremlins who compete for money, political power and prestige. Steal resources, extort bribes, manipulate elections, arrest other players and send them telegrams of misfortune… Unleash your inner gremlin!

eCBkwbB.png
Earn absurd amounts of cash against up to 4 other players online or against bots in singleplayer!
DE0agOC.png
Bring misfortune and mayhem upon your opponents as you thwart their plans to do the same!
oHnpqOf.png
Engage in pitty politics to further your goals!
zWrHlCZ.png
Engage in criminal acts to break the will of your opponents!

There's a lot of stuff written about Gremlins Inc on the Internets already, I'll focus here on the things that set this game apart from other tabletop games out there.

3Stcp9V.png

A fast paced mix of strategic planning and gambling has you at the edge of when you go for that final Gizmo You Need To Win The Game.
fnRWiZj.jpg

Be evil. Experience delight at the misfortune of others.

pugBquU.jpg

Squish them! The game is geared towards competitive mutliplayer, complete with lobbies, automatch, daily tournaments and a ladder.

G8w2OTR.jpg

I love the style. Steampunk Gremlin Capitalist satirical cartoons.

My verdict:
lHOLneK.jpg

2xK7eyQ.jpg

RmuA5e6.png
And all that for just 15 bucks.

QV5mTIj.jpg

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
This game actually looks pretty interesting. I've been looking for a decent digital board game. Anybody here give it a try yet?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've played it, it's pretty fun. You always play free for all and a lot depends on random rolls and card draws, but if you want a digital board game, this is a good one for sure.

Absinthe

Arcane
This game is pretty fun. The cards work surprisingly well for the most part, and every different starting character has its own perks. I think the chaos cards are a bit too strong though. If you play with chaos cards active a lot of plays will revolve around activating a chaos card and it makes the inferno and astral plane much more powerful. It's not a big problem if you're playing with a large score limit, and in a way it is a bit of a hedge against luck, but if you're playing low score limits or low round length it's better to disable chaos cards so it doesn't just turn into a race to see who can cash in big chaos cards.

It's important to note that this game has DRM though. It's pretty much only playable through connection to the game's online servers and you have to run it through Steam. There was a GOG version for a brief while but it was crippled (single-player only) and had enough issues that they scrapped it. It also has a bunch of DLC and MTX crap, but it is 100% cosmetic so you can ignore all of it. All you need is the base game.

Btw, I'm not sure this game falls under strategy or simulation. This is a digital board game more than anything else. The closest connection I can see is that this was designed by the same guy that made Eador: Genesis. I'm not sure if he receives royalties though, and I know he no longer works for the company that's listed as developer. He was kicked out partway through Spire of Sorcery's development and that game was ultimately a hell of a letdown.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom