Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Lhynn

Arcane
Requiem is fine, but i cant stand vanilla skills and spells, tbh i cant play the game without the changes skyre brings to the table.

Lhynn

Arcane
Requiem is fine, but i cant stand vanilla skills and spells, tbh i cant play the game without the changes skyre brings to the table.
Ummm ... Requiem has revamped skills and spells too?
None of them are appealing to me, plus the gameplay is pretty much unchanged from one to the other, ranged attacks will wreck you, magic is extremely destructive, etc. The only real change is in the level scaling and skill trees, requiem doesnt feature any level scaling, skyre features a soft level scaling where each area has a min and max level and different king of enemies have different starting points and limits. on the other side skyre skilltrees are actually fun to try.

btw, does anyone know of a mod that would allow me to bash locks? its pretty retarded holding a 2 handed dwaven mace and not being able to open a wooden chest.

Lhynn

Arcane
You don't like google, do you?
How about this one?
Fixes everything that's wrong with the whole lockpicking thing and gives you the option to bash locks (MCM menu included).
Hm, must have searched it wrong, that one wasnt showing up, only a couple that were hidden by the author and their respective threads.

Thanks, will try it.

Btw, will it give me problems if i use it on my current save?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
btw, does anyone know of a mod that would allow me to bash locks? its pretty retarded holding a 2 handed dwaven mace and not being able to open a wooden chest.

How uncivilized. Do you even unlock spell? :obviously:

...you people are adding mods to make a skill useless?

104161__safe_logo_warhammer+40k_heresy_extra+heresy.png

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Codex Consensus is that Skyrim had too many non-combat skills to be fun. Look to PoE for an example of how to do it right.

"The Codex Consensus was that this is another fucking shitty console action game with a RPG lable slapped on it."

Sow hat? FFS not even codexers care about the codex consensus. r00fles!

-

Requiem News! - azirok has merged all his Requiem compatibility patches into a single page. Should make it a little easier to find what you want.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54562

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a fun derpgeon crawl for about 30-50 hours. Even halfway through that you realize the shallowness of the design.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I'm thinking to give a Skyrim a chance, is the base game playable (to a certain degree) without heavy modification ?

if not, what's mod i should apply ?
if possible, i want to experience it as vanilla as possible.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I just reinstalled Skyrim and am checking in here for some fresh hiking mods - thanks for the tips. I never played the main quest much, I just hiked around and did shit. It was fun for what it was.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Hello Tytus

start with Requiem -

then username Azirok patches for Requiem comptability
then go to Alternative Start
then Hunterborn
then Interesting NPC's
then AFT - Amazing Follower Tweaks
then Pure Weather
then Pure ENB
then Deadly Mutilation
then Helgen Reborn
then Wyrmstooth
then Faalskar or Falskaar - always forget proper name
then Immersive Creatures
then iNeed
then Frostfall
then Trade Routes
then Enhanced Lights and FX
then Immersive Weapons
then Immersive Armours
then Undeath
then SkyTest (install manually)
then Better Fast Travel
then Flora Overhaul

come here and ask further i can show you the proper way next
Im using 280 mods now - takes about 3 days to config and found.

You can try my own mod too
Real UgridstoLoad Solution
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48387/?

It will not only make your Skyrim run better even on High End Pc (0 stuttering - faster loading - less script errors etc.) , it is not only about uGrids (already endorsed by more than 250 users).

Cheers

Ok, thanks.

I'm starting with those mods you wrote here. Thanks again.

Do not forget to use SkyUI mod , and after all mods installed use LOOT sorting program (from nexus - better than outdated Boss) , then make Bashed Patch by Wrye Bash program from Nexus too.
Be sure to read mods descriptions too are get ready to crash.

Look for Real Clouds mod too it will give you real moving and 3d clouds - amazing "look" type mod.

I assume with these mods I need to install available requiem compatibility patches as well. Many of these listed have downloads available.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
OK I got a shit load of mods and will endeavour to get it running. I have a pretty powerful PC so I will try to post some video once working.

hell bovine

Arcane
Another mod recommendation: Immersive NPC in the dark - runs together with Requiem, Real Lighting Overhaul and Pure Weathers so far.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52239/

No longer is the Dragonborn the only one blind as a bat (when using darkness enhancing mods, since otherwise Skyrim is pretty bright). NPCs use torches and lanterns when required and have difficulty seeing your character in the dark. I haven't had the time to play lately, but this feature: "After losing sight of their target, Archers (bow and crossbow users) will shoot one or maybe two arrows and then either hold their current position or just go full-melee and search their target." should be interesting in Requiem.

Looks good, even if the part about archers doesn't make much sense (why would you let go of your ranged weapon to lunge at the darkness with your little dagger? If you're that desperate you'd run away, not towards the invisible thing attacking you from the darkness). Also the issue with NPCs sometimes fumbling and fighting barehanded could make it too easy, if it happens frequently enough.

hell bovine

Arcane
Looks good, even if the part about archers doesn't make much sense (why would you let go of your ranged weapon to lunge at the darkness with your little dagger? If you're that desperate you'd run away, not towards the invisible thing attacking you from the darkness). Also the issue with NPCs sometimes fumbling and fighting barehanded could make it too easy, if it happens frequently enough.

The mod has an MCM menu. You can reduce the chance for fumbling and dropping the weapon to zero and the archer AI can also be toggled off, if I remember right.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Are there any GOOD mods that allow me to join a faction that's AGAINST the only two in the vanilla game? I lost interest in Skyrim when I felt forced to either join the Imperials or those other belligerent fascist bastards, the Northerners or whatever they were called.

Lhynn

Arcane
Are there any GOOD mods that allow me to join a faction that's AGAINST the only two in the vanilla game? I lost interest in Skyrim when I felt forced to either join the Imperials or those other belligerent fascist bastards, the Northerners or whatever they were called.
Best thing you can do is dont bother with the main quest, play player made quests and live happy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom