Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm genuinely amazed it's easier to miss Elder Scrolls games than to replay them

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Even the term "radiant AI" is such bullshit when you know the AI works through packages and written and spoken lines.
Well to be more precise it's just a network of intertwined systems. Bethesda's implementation can sometimes produce hilarious results (kinda like in Dwarf Fortress) where chickens "report" crimes or NPCs lose their line of sight because the player has placed a bucket on their head.

I mean, it's a nice foundation, it's just it's usually so buggy and hamfisted in practice. Wish they spent more time on it for more complexity and finer distinctions between various AI triggers.

Damn internet, I can't really take "working as intended" seriously anymore.

That's not Radiant AI, just general retarded companion AI, where they absoutely insist on getting between you and whatever enemy you are engaging.
Yeah the RADIANT ai = I saw a mudcrab the other day. Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.

At least in Skyrimjob they "upgraded" to the arrow in the knee schtick.

Arrow in the knee is just a generic guard greeting, there are more specific ones like how they will mock you for using elven equipment or comment on your skills, but these are still just greetings. The NPCs have actual conversations, which makes them more predictable but makes them sound more sane. Which is not a lot since this is still TES, but...

edit: Speaking of Radiant AI:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Edla_Dark-Heart

Edla may attack horses, including the player's horse, as an unintended side effect of her AI for retrieving arrows after her target practice. If a horse has been shot with an arrow, it goes into the horse's inventory and her AI will try to retrieve it from there by killing the horse. She won't attack the player or NPCs for arrows as her Responsibility statistic is too high to allow that.

:lol:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Damn internet, I can't really take "working as intended" seriously anymore.

That's not Radiant AI, just general retarded companion AI, where they absoutely insist on getting between you and whatever enemy you are engaging.
Yeah the RADIANT ai = I saw a mudcrab the other day. Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.

At least in Skyrimjob they "upgraded" to the arrow in the knee schtick.

Arrow in the knee is just a generic guard greeting, there are more specific ones like how they will mock you for using elven equipment or comment on your skills, but these are still just greetings. The NPCs have actual conversations, which makes them more predictable but makes them sound more sane. Which is not a lot since this is still TES, but...
Plissken took an arrow in the knee, I don't see him on guard duty. Pussies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom