Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If Sensuki started charging for IE Mod would you buy it?

If sensuki started charging 2.99 for IE Mod would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 98 83.8%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
y/n

Shevek

Arcane
The best bits for me are the fast stealth and the ui. I like those quite a bit but I can live without them. Then again, I'm cheap.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
To elaborate, Sensuki put a LOT of thought into the combat system. I doubt there is another person who understands the system as well as he does. Basically, when it comes to RTwP in general, he is a person with the expert-level knowledge. Thus if he pours this knowledge into a mod, it would be well worth a few dollars. Not even to pay for his time but to encourage him to do more.

hivemind

Probably not because I dislike RTWP games as a whole but I voted "yes" because I can easily imagine myself paying money for a quality mod.

An example being the 1257 AD mod for mount and blade warband, I had great amount of fun with that mod and a few dollars really aren't anything.(unless it's the end of the month)

hiver

No because his mod doesnt do what i would consider improving the combat, i would even think it affects it badly since it just removes something, and i can live without the rest.

If someone made a mod that uses engagement as i suggested, then maybe, but that would also include working over encounters in some ways and adding better talents, and few more improvements.
For that i would give a few bucks easy.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'm only using it so can have a solid UI like the infinity games, but sure I would throw some money. Dont forget Bester worked on it too!

Gord

Arcane
No. While he sure put a lot of time into analyzing PoE, I neither agree with most of his conclusions, nor with his vision regarding PoE.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No, but I would buy an Obsidian-made Nehrim-like total conversation mod (doesn't matter if it is on scale of NV or something smaller like NV DLCs) for Skyrim/Fallout 4.
Heck, I would even buy those shitty games if Obsidian decided to make multiple mods (without having to pitch them to Bethesda) just to have an opportunity to play a tolerable AAA open-world title.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If he unfucks the spells, turn talents useful and interesting, make character advancement not so obvious and boring and exterminate the trash mobs and replace them with real combat encounters, on a nother words, turn PoE into a good game, maybe yes.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
To elaborate, Sensuki put a LOT of thought into the combat system. I doubt there is another person who understands the system as well as he does. Basically, when it comes to RTwP in general, he is a person with the expert-level knowledge. Thus if he pours this knowledge into a mod, it would be well worth a few dollars. Not even to pay for his time but to encourage him to do more.

He also said that the system is fucked on the fundamental level, that nothing can be done at this point and that he won't even bother to finish PoE.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's RTwP - it's fucked on the fundamental level by default. Like I said, he knows the system better than anyone because he gets RTwP and actually likes it. I'm sure his mod (which I didn't try yet due to the lack of time) would make the game more enjoyable, so I'd gladly pay for it to reward Sensuki's academic excellence.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's RTwP - it's fucked on the fundamental level by default. Like I said, he knows the system better than anyone because he gets RTwP and actually likes it. I'm sure his mod (which I didn't try yet due to the lack of time) would make the game more enjoyable, so I'd gladly pay for it to reward Sensuki's academic excellence.

I was talking about encouragement, I can't speak for him but according to his posts on the official forum he's done with it.

jewboy

Arbiter
His mod screwed up my game installation. Had to uninstall the entire game and it remains uninstalled while I consider having a go at Icewind Dale EE. I like the idea of the mod though and really want to try to get it to work on my computer. I might pay the $3.00 if it worked and I found that the trash mob heavy combat was improved enough to make actually playing the game itself worthwhile. I think that Obsidian might take issue with that sort of financial arrangement.

Modders should be happy to receive even a positive comment or a +1 for their derivative shit. Greedy bastards won't get a single cent from me, if they want to make money they should get a real job, even Youtubers are more legit than modders.

Gone are the days when modding was a hobby that trained would be game developers. Now they consider themselves developers straight out of their mum's basements just for fiddling with someone else's work. Fills me with rage, I'll pirate all Sensuki mods that I wasn't going to download anyway in protest. :argh::argh::argh::decline::decline::decline::negative:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I wouldn't pay for it because I don't care about PoE enough, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over those guys making money off a good modification.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom