Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Released + Trent Oster Interview

Melcar

Arcane
Fuck Wine.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Linux client is on GoG and Steam. Tempted. Don't know guys. Can't really get my originals to install properly on Wine anymore after doing some updates without some extra work. It's only USD$20 and I got all this extra money from my bonus just laying there on my condom drawer.
GOG already has BG and BG2 linux versions, so I guess they will be adding linux support to IWD soon enough.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Linux client is on GoG and Steam. Tempted. Don't know guys. Can't really get my originals to install properly on Wine anymore after doing some updates without some extra work. It's only USD$20 and I got all this extra money from my bonus just laying there on my condom drawer.

Ahh the old unused condom drawer...takes me back to the good old days when you failed to jump your aunt.

Melcar

Arcane
GOG already has BG and BG2 linux versions, so I guess they will be adding linux support to IWD soon enough.

Yeah, but those are Wine games. And I'm not getting the EE version.

Melcar

Arcane
aws6ch.png

fo2n1v.png

2v86fs8.png

2vj4eis.png

ifyb01.png

1zx08l5.png

2j4rbcy.png

i5sx0n.png

2vlv97c.png

Just fired it up. I did have to remove the included libstdc++.so.6 otherwise the game would fail to detect any direct rendering. Another bug I have found so far is that combat sounds are simply not there. Don't know it it's an error with my particular system, since the terminal gives up no errors and there are no logs. Have to play with it some more or see if anyone has the same issue.

Also, I get the impression that vanilla IWD with the WS mod looks better. I guess it's the oversized interface. Kind of makes it a moot point to have a large HD screen. Tablets Bro.

As for gameplay itself. You do have all the extra classes and kits available. Still don't know how much it will affect the game. BGII style weapon classes and skills are there too. I always had the sick fetish of being able to storm through IWD with a BGII style custom party.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Bought it too, i don't care about details its fuckin part of my youth and will buy any kind of crpg game from 80's up to now, just to have them in my collection for playing now and especially when im old and retried from the job ;).
I love it pure or with great mods like in case of BG [where you have dozens of mods - best is the one which let you merge Bg1&2 into one big awesome fukin game] , i like it enhanced too.
There are no bad crpgs only too low amount of time to play them all to the bone. [Still have to finissh around 30 titles so far - both new and classic]. And Icewind Dale is fukin pure magic, it is simple but beautifull, you don't meet Torment deep stories here but even soundtrack or some of artworks are worth every money. Especially when snow will fall soon !

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
I did, and it still looks too big. I guess I was used to the small ass UI in the original games with the WS mod.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
I hope you can romance the old hag in HoW.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

BTW, some users have reported missing music on the Mac version which was purchased from GoG. The issue is not present in the Mac version purchased from Beamdog or via Steam. I'm not sure if the GoG Linux version might have similar issues but we are looking into it.

Melcar

Arcane
:lol:
That's hilarious.

BTW, some users have reported missing music on the Mac version which was purchased from GoG. The issue is not present in the Mac version purchased from Beamdog or via Steam. I'm not sure if the GoG Linux version might have similar issues but we are looking into it.

Damn, foiled yet again by potatoes. But to be clear, it's just combat sound effects that are missing. Background music plays fine (God, how I missed those tunes). Of course, have not gone further than the first town yet (I keep re-making my party :oops:).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom