Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Vibalist

Arcane
It works fine.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Edgy codexers trying to create negative vibes on good games, because they are butthurt and hatin'

more news at 11

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Scripted trigger-dependent railroaded events in nuHitman vs. universal timer mechanics of the old Hitmans.
Anyone who says this shit game is incline gameplay-wise is retarded.

Every Hitman game I have played is scripted to fuck, to be quite honest, and certain guards are even set to run directly to certain locations when you shoot a gun next to them or throw a mine in a proper spot. You can even teleport or summon NPCs simply by passing arbitrary scriptlines in the ground in some cases.

New videos from the new Hitman show a fairly promising game given modern standards, to be fair. I still wish the episodic release wasn't so sleazy, but there's enough entertainment to be had with all those massive fire extinguisher puzzles and whatnot.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I accidentally hit combat takedown and his two personal guards murdered me before I blinked lol

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I've barely touched episode 2 yet. Now I'm pumped that I have two full new hitman levels to play through. Hell, maybe I'll just wait until episode 4 to really make my balls explode.

bonescraper

Well i was busy therefore i missed the event completely. I thought i'm going to do it on sunday, but nope, because it's only 48 hours and it started on fucking Friday. Friday. Fuck them.

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah, I wish all the previous Hitmans had been released episodically.

Yeah, because those games were designed with that structure in mind. You fucking fuckwit.
lolol "structure"? You mean the structure of one mission taking place after another mission? This is the genius structure of Hitman 2016 you're referring to? You mean the same structure all the games have had since Prince of Persia? Are you damaged in the head you retarded cocksucker?
Or per chance are you talking about this amazing "we release patches for our game because it's broken and you get them cuz you're always online"? Like, you know, the game receiving patches? I think they're calling it "enhancing the fluid and live gaming experience" but they really mean they patch the game once in a while.

Explain to me, you fucking shithead, what fucking structure you're talking about? Surely you don't mean the achievements that are meant to increase the replayability since the team's ability to produce new content is next to zero on account of them being a bunch of lazy underfunded imbeciles?
What fucking structure, you brain-dead moron?
What fucking world are we in that such a fucking degenerate like you comes along to defend releasing single maps once per few months because the fucking morons responsible for the game are too lazy to release it in a complete state, like, you know, all the fucking games before?
This isn't a fucking piece of shit "press X to solve quest" Telltale game, it's Hitman. One of the best game series of all time. And they can't be bothered to make fucking maps for it. What the fuck.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As someone who has never played this series, just curious, how is this worse?
Having events nonsensically triggered only by your presence is sort of the equivalent of a quest arrow. It really is much cooler to have everything evolve in the same way whether you are there or not. If you show up when an event is happening and can take advantage of it, it's "honest". If that event waits for you, it's a gimme. I don't know if I'm explaining this well.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I can see why they decided to go this route. The "true" events happening on a timer, made the game less accessible to a lot of people. The "triggered" way gives more opportunity for player to take advantage of a situation.

I am split on this because, despite the "trueness" of the old approach, it required a lot of trial-and-error, which I fucking hate as a game mechanic. I don't like playing games where you're guaranteed to fail the level the first time, and possibly the Nth time, until you memorize everything, and no amount of pre-existing skill and experience could've allowed you to do it properly on the very first run.

Maybe now it is possible.

Maybe it is a bad thing, because it can shorten the game length.

But then again, maybe the trial-and-error model was artificially prolonging it.

Cadmus

Arcane
I can see why they decided to go this route. The "true" events happening on a timer, made the game less accessible to a lot of people. The "triggered" way gives more opportunity for player to take advantage of a situation.

I am split on this because, despite the "trueness" of the old approach, it required a lot of trial-and-error, which I fucking hate as a game mechanic. I don't like playing games where you're guaranteed to fail the level the first time, and possibly the Nth time, until you memorize everything, and no amount of pre-existing skill and experience could've allowed you to do it properly on the very first run.

Maybe now it is possible.

Maybe it is a bad thing, because it can shorten the game length.

But then again, maybe the trial-and-error model was artificially prolonging it.
Bullshit, the missions were doable on the first run, only getting a high rating was difficult (maybe except for Hitman 1 which was really fucking difficult). The trial and error complaint is fucking retarded.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Bullshit, the missions were doable on the first run, only getting a high rating was difficult (maybe except for Hitman 1 which was really fucking difficult). The trial and error complaint is fucking retarded.

Oh, I know the missions were "doable" on the first run. They just weren't "doable" the way Hitman expects you to do them.

Cadmus

Arcane

Oh, I know the missions were "doable" on the first run. They just weren't "doable" the way Hitman expects you to do them.
Hitman doesn't expect you to do shit, that's part of what makes it good and what I like about it. I usually do all the missions in some weird stupid way instead of using the prepared solutions and it feels great because it's me who's deciding what's happening, not the mission author.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom