Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You are amazingly retarded.

Get over the fact that the game is fucking episodic in content, and this game is quite good, eventhough it has obvious flaws here and there.

Stupid butthurt faggots in dis thread.. fucking hilarious :D

tormund

Arcane
You are amazingly retarded.

Get over the fact that the game is fucking episodic in content, and this game is quite good, eventhough it has obvious flaws here and there.

Stupid butthurt faggots in dis thread.. fucking hilarious :D
IMO funniest thing here is that you decided to throw a "he iz a butthurt grognard" tantrum... despite the fact that his comment was actually p positive.:) Are you THAT desperate for a fight?

mck

Cipher
i hope they make a level in a grocery store where you can scan your head

Vibalist

Arcane
It's really a shame that all sorts of shenanigans plague this game, because underneath the stupidity of the DRM and the episodic structure, the game is exactly what I had hoped for. I've been waiting for this experience ever since I finished Blood Money, but now that it ain't the gameplay that's fucked up, it's something else (of course). You just can't win with these triple A dumbfuck developers.

Now IO and Square Enix are probably going to think the reason the game doesn't sell well is because the good old Hitman formula isn't viable anymore and go back to something like Absolution, with small levels, explosions and akshun(!!1). What they ought to do instead is realize that all the nonsense "features" they've introduced (the PS4 exclusive content is another such example) should just be scrapped.

I'm really torn on this game. I can't say that I hate it, because everything I dislike about it is exclusively tied to the business practice of the developer. The game itself is completely ace. I could honestly not have wished for a better follow up if we're talking gameplay exclusively, but we aren't.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You really gonna let your opinion of a GAME be influenced about shit like business and DRM, when it has absolutely no impact on the game itself?

Wow. That's a new level of retardism. The game is all that matters. The content. Who gives a fuck about episodic or DRM.. those are minor VERY fucking minor things to be butthurt about.

But I guess it's too much of a fucking hassle for these assclowns, because you have a third world PC, with a third world ISP provider giving you shitty internet, so you hate on DRM.. and you whine about episodic content, because you got no fucking life, other than to sit down in your moms basement playing computer games, that you just GOT TO HAVE all of this game right now.. because you deserve this instant gratification right? You're so fucking entitled, because you're mr. nobody from whogivesafuck. In the end, quality is quality and it will win through, no matter what other small things people are upset about.

Jesus fucking christ.

You really gonna let your opinion of a GAME be influenced about shit like business and DRM, when it has absolutely no impact on the game itself?

Wow. That's a new level of retardism. The game is all that matters. The content. Who gives a fuck about episodic or DRM.. those are minor VERY fucking minor things to be butthurt about.

I don't want to come across as an asshole, wait no, I don't care, especially when THAT MOTHER FUCKING GOD ASS SUCKING URINE DRINKING MENTALITY IS EXACT FUCKING REASON WHY WE GET NICKELED AND DIMED WITH DLC AND MICROTRANACTIONS, DLCs THAT ARE THE 'TRUE ENDING', GAMES THAT WANT THE 'X AUDIENCE', FOR FUCKS SAKE WE WERE THIS FUCKING CLOSE TO HAVING THE JOKE 'PIRATING MODS' BECOME A REALITY BECAUSE VALVES BULLSHIT. CUCKHOLDS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WHY THERE IS A DECLINE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Get some god damn standards for fucks sake.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

But I guess it's too much of a fucking hassle for these assclowns, because you have a third world PC, with a third world ISP provider giving you shitty internet, so you hate on DRM.. and you whine about episodic content, because you got no fucking life, other than to sit down in your moms basement playing computer games, that you just GOT TO HAVE all of this game right now.. because you deserve this instant gratification right? You're so fucking entitled, because you're mr. nobody from whogivesafuck. In the end, quality is quality and it will win through, no matter what other small things people are upset about.

Jesus fucking christ.
AS-Logo-Main.png

Martius

Liturgist
From what I heard it works like conflux in Heroes of Might and Magic 6 which means very bad things.

Dev_Anj

Learned
I played the first two tutorial levels of the game and it's actually alright. I like that they let you use any disguise you want, but then counterbalance it by having people who are perceptive enough to see through it. I also turned off a lot of the notifications except for enforcer icons and the alarm directions, and unlike many other games, that actually works well. I didn't have a use for instinct, but I really hope they add leaning and looking through keyholes someday, the minimap is just not good enough to tell where people are looking and what they're doing, and instinct reveals a bit too much. I like that in this game you can actually talk to your targets in some disguises. There's also some creative manipulation possible, like using a crowbar to pry open locked gates or a wrench to expose wires. I liked the atmosphere of the second tutorial mission too, and I think they got the right balance between being able to move freely and having the tension of blowing the disguise. As for event triggering, it has been toned down though I heard it's not completely gone. For instance, I took a police uniform in the first level and wandered to the top of the yacht, and the target went through his usual routine before coming back, so I had to wait a bit before using an accident to kill him.

My main problems at this point are a bug that doesn't let me drag bodies well, bad framerates in the Paris level which make it unplayable and the lack of lean and look through keyholes. I didn't like the music of those two levels much, but thankfully they weren't too annoying either. As for people saying it's as bad as Absolution, well for a first you can freely roam around a lot using disguises, so that's not true.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
It sounds like Hitman's online saves issue is here to stay
Drops game if you go offline "to ensure player-progress of the live content is correct".

Hitman developer IO Interactive has finally commented on how its episodic game handles saving.

When Hitman's first episode launched, fans were surprised to discover that Hitman's saves made while online were incompatible with those made offline.

This means if you play online and for whatever reason you go offline (you lose connection, Square Enix's servers drop etc.) none of your saves made while online will work. Large portions of Hitman are only available online - indeed, it is designed to be played while connected to the game's servers so you can gain access to the latest set of live content.

And the game itself is designed to be expanded over the next year with new locations, missions and contracts before the game gets a disc-based release.

But the fact that no connection can be guaranteed 100 per cent of the time - and that players with online saves are effectively locked out of playing even the game's offline portions with those same saves - has left some players frustrated.

It may become even more of an issue later this year as more complicated areas are added, with levels requiring longer play stints. Hitman owners report being returned back to the game's main menu while mid-mission whenever the game's servers lose connection.

"When we announced Hitman, we explained to fans and to gamers everywhere how we are creating a live game," an IO Interactive spokesperson has now told Eurogamer.

"This is a constantly evolving, living world of assassination, that will grow alongside the community with frequent content updates in between the launch of each location. This live content includes new contracts, escalation contracts, elusive targets, and even additional challenges.

"It is possible to enjoy the locations offline, but in order to ensure player-progress of the live content is correct and up to date, the save states for online and offline are kept separate."

It doesn't sound like Hitman's save system is being altered any time soon, then - it's just something to keep in mind while playing.

Cadmus

Arcane
Roflmao how much of this fucking live evolving content you think they'll make? rofl rofl so many words to sell a DRM scheme, it's amazing the fucking journos are swallowing it down like usual.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Complaining about "OFFLINE MODE" in an era where every fucking body. EVERYBODY has fucking stable and good internet.

And if you don't. Go fuckurself :)

If this was in 1999, then yeah, not every man on planet earth had fast, stable and reliable internet, but we do now in 2016. So always online, is not a fucking problem any fucking longer.

And how often does the online servers crash? Once in a year? Please. Like it's a fucking problem that you're little shitty save from that one mission you were gonna lose anyway, matters.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No single player game should have an online only mode. Ever. Even Steam has an offline mode. Anyone who argues otherwise should be taken in the woods and shot in the back of the head in order to save humanity from their stupidity.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Complaining about "OFFLINE MODE" in an era where every fucking body. EVERYBODY has fucking stable and good internet.
And if you don't. Go fuckurself :)
That's not the issue. The question is, what if I want to play this game a year from now? How about 2 years? 5? Will these assholes still be paying for their servers to continue running so I can play the game I bought from them at a time of my choosing?

If this was an MMO, then it would make sense, it's OK, MMOs run out of juice and eventually they pull the plug on the servers. But this isn't an MMO. How long do I get to play this single-player game before they take it away from me by disconnecting at their end? What if they screw up dev on the rest of the game and it's decided to shitcan the project later this year? What recourse do I have? And why on earth should I have to run that risk in the first place?

I was looking forward to trying this out, in my own time and on my own terms, but hearing this bullshit about a "live game" is really killing my boner. We'll see. I'm still not seeing anything to indicate that there's anything wrong with offline mode, sooo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom