Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hey Jaesun, about RPG Discussion

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Stop moving games that are RPGs into General Gaming.
Actually, stop moving topics, period. This is getting so fucking retarded. You moved a dungeon crawler into General Games? I know there's better things to get mad at but if you're a no-lifer nerd like me you'd understand. You don't know shit, man. Make mondblut or someone moderator; this is dumb.

:x

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
From what I've gathered, Jaesun's criterion is p. simple: for PC => leave in GRPG, for consoles => move to GG.

Not that I like that, being a dungeon crawler myself... Nintendo DS FTW!

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Crooked Bee said:
From what I've gathered, Jaesun's criterion is p. simple: for PC => leave in GRPG, for consoles => move to GG.
That's retarded.

So Diablo 3 stays in GRPG but Dungeon Siege must be in GG?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
If a game is an RPG and can be ran on PC, be it natively or through emulators, it should go in GRPG.

That's my opinion. I never played this Etrian Odissey and I hold no love for consoles but all this moving around is retarded. Specially when games that barely resemble RPGs like Deus EX 3 stays on GRPG.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't care so much about moving topics overall, but RPGs should be in GRPG even if they're console RPGs. Games like Etrian Odyssey are far more recognizable as RPGs than most modern PC offerings like DA2 and ME2 (if you don't count them as console trash - they're shitty non-RPG action games either way).

circ

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:

Not that I like that, being a dungeon crawler myself... Nintendo DS FTW!
TW2 = consoles too. MOVE!!

Mortmal

Arcane
Etrian odissey and many of those games you consider as weebo shit are indeed more recognizable as rpg than many games, They are the direct heirs of the wizardry license , now that i mention it , wizardry stills exist as a line of hardcore odlschool rpg in japan.I ve also had lot of fun on some DS games.
Whats up with the abuse of moderation power ?Id like to apply as one ,you need more reasonable people. Do you need to donate to be a moderator of this prestigious site ?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Games I like = grpg
Games I don't like/never heard about = gg

Sounds reasonable

Meanwhile, paragons of rpg design, such as DX:HR stay in grpg :M :M :M :M

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Darth Roxor said:
Games I like = grpg
Games I don't like/never heard about = gg

Sounds reasonable
Exactly.

I'm a storyfag but if I was made moderator of GRPG I wouldn't start moving threads about crawlers into GG.

Grow the fuck up Jaesun.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I can move threads for games I don't like out of General RPG Discussions?

FINALLY!!!!

:yeah:

THE MOTHERFUCKING INCLINE OF THE GODDAMNED CODEX HAS BEGUN!

Achilles

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:

If true, Jaesun is an even bigger BRO than I thought he was :salute:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Somebody throw a brick through his window already, let's grab the machetes and get this shit started.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Doesn't bother me either way but

General Gaming
Talk about any games that aren't CRPG , MMORPG, strategy or adventure. CRPG related stuff goes in the General RPG Forum. The MMORPG stuff goes in its forum. The strategy and adventure stuff go in those respective forums.

seems pretty open and shut to me. Though we do have an odd, flexible definition of CRPG. I wouldn't mind if GRPGD became an old game/indie/roguelike-discussing near-wasteland with mainstream stuff being hurled into GG.

MapMan

Arcane
Kawaii Theurgist said:
RPG Codex,
putting the Dungeon Crawlers and SRPG in GG while polish action games remain in GRPG.

:roll:

Im okay with that :smug:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Jeasun is right, CRPG means computer role playing gaming. He is a true genius.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom