Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HeXit, another Kickstarter project

FrancoTAU

Cipher
This one is Sci Fi based game that looks pretty nice graphic wise. The team has professional experience but nothing really relevant to Adventure game. I haven't pledged yet as there is very little to judge them on their writing abilities. The video gives us nothing on that front and they don't have a pedigree like the ex Sierra or LucasArt guys. Actually, the half naked main character chick was the big red flag for me on how serious the writing will be.

Thoughts?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-and-click-sci-fi-adventure-game?ref=category

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
edf9d9dbe7ccee76967e66c3ec38075e_large.jpg

At least they got their priorities right.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apart from it being episodic which suxxors, and from Hungarians...I understood that there was a Total Recall remake. FFS seriously?
Is it a remake when it's just different adaptation of the source material? (Unless they actually didn't do a more faithful adaptation and instead seriously remade Verhoeven's flick - in that that case WTF indeed"

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apart from it being episodic which suxxors, and from Hungarians...I understood that there was a Total Recall remake. FFS seriously?
Is it a remake when it's just different adaptation of the source material? (Unless they actually didn't do a more faithful adaptation and instead seriously remade Verhoeven's flick - in that that case WTF indeed"

Well they took the characters name and actual title from the old film and not the book so there's that for starters to show what the inspiration is for it. Seems that it's not faithful to the story either. Plot seems more in tune with the film as well rather than the craziness of the story(A good thing too as the story was pretty shit overall with it's ideas of the main character having one memory after another of saving the world from aliens when 9 and shit). Mars is out but more current heavy handed commentary about US-China relations are in to make it all so high-brow and topical. Oh and Colon Foul as the hero is taking the fucking piss...Arnie was limited as fuck but he 'worked' in the context. This fag is the worst pouty doe eyed talentless turd that has ever existed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom