Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Heroes of Might and Magic III HD - It's out

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
916ce7eeae1e.png

:gumpyhead:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Instead of remaking HoMM 3, they should remake assets in HoMM 5. They could for example replace them with something made in less shitty artstyle. While they are at it, they could make the writing less shitty.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I am fairly sure my homm3 was not that fucking pixelated. What the hell?

:lol:

Yeah, they just put the sprites in Photoshop and dragged the hell out of them.
"OH LOOK HOW SHITTY IS WAS AMIRITE HAHAHA"

Interesting that they're painting these new sprites. I was pretty sure the originals were rendered from 3D models. Maybe I was wrong, or they don't have the models anymore?

And what kind of source do they need to implement the changes from the expansions? It's not like it was a different game.

Lubesoft strikes again.

Untermensch

Augur
They should have remade HoMM IV. Unlike HoMM III it's a flawed game where there would be actual stuff to improve.

bloodlover

Arcane
No thx I will stick to classic + WOG. Pointless shit is pointless. Who the hell would buy/play this only because of "HD" ?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Eh, lots of people will. But for the ones who actually play games (especially multi) it doesn't make much sense, yeah.

Martius

Liturgist
No thx I will stick to classic + WOG. Pointless shit is pointless. Who the hell would buy/play this only because of "HD" ?
For achievements, card or just simply having one game more in steam library. Something like can be enough.

zwanzig_zwoelf

These redrawn sprites look ugly. The ugliest one is the Bone Dragon.

It doesn't even look like a Bone Dragon anymore, now it looks like a goddamn Smiling Lizard Dickbone von Horny Fingers with expression that can be described as 'will you let me fuck you in the ass, just like Ubisoft does every now and then?'.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
okcjoYn.jpg

Oh wow. No expansions, no random maps, no nothing that the community made for 15 years. Super blurry HD graphics and upgraded titan's weapon to be more blue. Only $19,99 for an inferior version of a game that you already own.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only $19,99 for an inferior version of a game that you already own.

And if you don't already own it, it is 60 % off at GOG at the moment. Maybe coincidental, maybe not.
I still have the original boxes of Restoration and Armageddon's Blade :obviously: CDs are long gone, but I have the GOG version. This... just fuck everything, they started with BG:EE, now it's HoMM, when will it end?
This game has literally been rewritten from scratch by amateurs in their spare time to allow for more modding options, and they push "no usable source code" bullshit on us?

Orzie

Arbiter
>Read the thread, they're claiming they "don't have the source code."

It doesn't matter what they say. It's impossible for them to not have it.
A Russian localization company, Buka, has the source codes at least for Heroes 1-4. Guess the rest.

pippin

For achievements, card or just simply having one game more in steam library. Something like can be enough.

This reminds me of AoE2HD. I played one Saladin scenario and it gave me a "you won a battle playing as the British" achievement. :retarded:
They should have realized the game does pretty well on GoG and wanted to capitalize on that.

I'm happy that potentially more people will be exposed to the one of the greatest games of all time, but honestly not doing a complete edition with AB + SoD is just fucking awful, vanilla HoMM 3 is pretty bad compared to the expansions.

I don't buy the lack of source code excuse for a second, game has been retro-engineered by fans over the past decade for added functionality. Seems like a cheap cop out to fleece customers later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom