Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes and Generals

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
BF 1942 clone with a multiplayer campaign. Probably first FPS to have something like this, looks promising.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued

Codex wake the fuck up, you couldn't spot incline if it smacked you in the face with multi headed dick.

TripJack

Hedonist
uh sounds alright I guess, but I'd like to see some actual gameplay vids

Thanks for a heads up.
Name is stupid tho, generals can be heroes too. Unless they imply that generals in THIS game are assholes.
Oh boy, that reminds me a scene from that photo with Soviet soldier stealing a bike from a German woman. Why couldn't they use motorcycles?

Steve

Augur
I applied for testing two days ago, they just send me an alpha key, I will post impressions later on.

TripJack

Hedonist
Yeah I got a key too. Odd, are they pretty much diving them out to everyone that signs up?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I gave it a go now and am lvl 2 and apart from what looks like a monumental grind, the gameplay kind of reminds me of battlefield 1942.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

pay to unlock or big grind but supposedly f2p

The ultimate ww2 fps? sadly yes, because there are no others

Lennac

Barely Literate
I boot this up occasionally. For me, the gameplay is awesome. You're not a bullet sponge and die really fucking quick with a couple rounds from a semi-automatic rifle. The grind to unlock everything can be a bit rough, but honestly - despite having nothing unlocked except for stronger bullets for my starting rifle, I haven't had a problem remaining "competitive" against others.

The player count can be a little bit of an issue, but I've never had any problems finding a game. Though, be prepared to sometimes play 2-3 games against a similar group (had a pretty awesome rivalry against a player as we faced off for three straight games and led our respective teams in points).

It's not perfect, but as Makabb said, there aren't many alternatives. Thankfully, it's a pretty decent game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom