Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, nobody told me there was more shit to hand out. Someone tell me what half of that shit actually is and I'll think of something.

DarkUnderlord, here's the breakdown on rewards which we will get after reaching $2500:

The Codex gets (not sure which of these You will want to distibute among the donors):

* [BONUS] in-game Red Troll (which will fight RPGWatch's watchtower, if they make to $2500 too)
* [BONUS] a Codex-themed book (which we can probably call The Codex or The Codex of Infinite Wisdom or some such)
* 1 of the 4 Statues
There are many strange locations, people, creatures and things to find in Original Sin. For instance, you may stumble upon four magical statues. Four crazy, lying statues, that have been granting wishes and making everyone's life miserable. We haven't named them yet. If you hurry, one of them will carry the name of your choosing (within the boundaries of our game world). This name will be in the final game! The statue in the game will even be custom modeled so that the 3D model in the game actually looks like you!
* Become an NPC - ability to create a Codex-themed NPC
* Create an Item - ability to create a Codex-themed item
* Listed in the Credits, Divine Level
* Listed in the Credits, Developer Level
* Beta Access (for a potential prestigious Codex preview)
* Alpha Access (as above)
* possilibity of sending a Codex representative to the Release Party
You think RPGs are epic? You clearly haven't joined a Larian Studios Release Party. This is your chance. You will be invited and expected to our Original Sin Release Party. Rest assured, anything that happens at the release party, stays at the release party. (You must be able to pay for travel and accommodations.)
* Combo Designer - ability to design a two-item crafting combo which will result in creating a new item
* Name a Henchman - a name for a searchable and hireable henchman
* Name the Undead - a name for an undead, this name can appear in the game (random chance) [for example we can name a zombie Black Isle, or something]
* Message in the woods - message carved in one of the trees in the game world

Physical rewards:

* Signed Divinity Original Sin Kickstarter Box Copy with Printed Manual, Soundtrack CD, Artbook and Cloth Map
* Physical Signed Concept Art
* Limited Edition Zandalor's Cards

Digital Rewards:

* Divinity Original Sin Digital Copy
* [BONUS] extra 20 Divinity Original Sin Digital Copies
* Divinity Dragon Commander Digital Copy
* Soundtrack Digital Download
* Developer's Cut Digital (Documents and Videos)
* Divinity Fan - digital copies of all Larian games released in the next ten years (!!!)
* Digital Artbook
* Digital Map
* Kirill's Early Work (Digital) - music "sketches" from Kirill Pokrovsky

Game Personalization (code-unlocked stuff only visible in your own game):

* Kickstarter Potion - one-use item which will do "something"
* Zandalor's Epic Trunks of Intelligence - demonic talking trunks (equippable item)
* Message in a Bottle - personal message found in a bottle
* Engraving Tool - allows creating custom inscriptions on items
* Name a Pet - ability to change a name of one of the pets in the game
* Write a co-op Dialog - which will then take place at one point of the game

Other:

* Fan Day - invitation to Fan Day organized by Larian (You must be able to pay for travel and accomodation by Yourself)
* Kickstarter Divine Badge on Larian Forums
* Kickstarter Developer Badge on Larian Forums

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Indeed, I copied the description before the last update improved some rewards. There were also inaccuracies in credits listing and missing Larian forum badges. Corrected now.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Did anyone read that thread on this on Watchwitz? Those people are so full of themselves.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Did anyone read that thread on this on Watchwitz? Those people are so full of themselves.
Yeah, they called me puerile and said they were to busy with their full-day jobs to care...

BeeMedia_Sad-Boy-9.jpg

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh man, every-time I see the overflowing passive aggressiveness on the Watch I'm reminded why I chose to register here instead of there. At least the Codex is honest in its hostility.

* Become an NPC - ability to create a Codex-themed NPC

* Create an Item - ability to create a Codex-themed item

*Glaivelann Hawk Blackmoore, a rugged knight with an underground keep and a heart of gold

*99-sided die that reveals the target's level

I wish I could remember when this "I'm a very busy person!" pre-cooked reply started, probably alongside the "Gamers are entitled" one. Just today I was talking to some guy on steam who said he needed those 30min TotalBiscuit videos because he doesn't have time to try a 30min demo.
everyone who says "Form your own opinion - don't listen to any youtubers" sorry but I got a job and I am always hunting for buying new games, so I have around 1 hour max per day after work and maybe 3 hours on weekends. I can't play all these games myself, not even if every single one had a demo (which of course is far from the truth). People who don't have massive time and or money on their hands RELY on reviewers or first-impression givers such as TB.

Also, it's not like I am listening to an audio file, only hearing the commentators voice talking abou the game. I actually hear and SEE the game. I already SEE what the game is like without having to waste my time trying it on my own. For example the combat system with the mass spam permastun attack, i don't need to play the game myself to see why this is dumb. This of course is just one out of many examples but you get the point.

I told him to manage his time better because if doesn't have 3 free hours in a weekend then his schedule is fucked beyond belief. Got this as a reply

I didn't say "3 hours of free time per weeekend" I said 3 hours per weekend "for games". You know, some people have responsibilities, a wife, a kid, a pet? A hobby (actual physical sports). It's useless to argue with some 16 year old who doesn't know anything about valuable time who prolly goes to school 9am-1pm and then sits on the computer for the rest of the day. My comment wasn't including lifes of people like you.

:butthurt:

A user named cat

I don't know what I was going to make but I redrew the Codex troll and tower to a larger resolution, plus a cutout of Div's logo. If someone wants to make something funny with this, grab the Photoshop project file HERE

MjZf27A.png

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, they called me puerile and said they were to busy with their full-day jobs to care...
More like they cannot deal with their obvious inferiority to the prestigious Codex, and hide behind the petty rationales and excuses of the unexceptional. :salute:

Also, this competition is a great idea, and I will certainly be kicking in a bit as soon as my desire to see this happen overcomes my good sense (probably soon).

dunno lah

Arcane
wow...you :obviously: bunch must have been really saving up money for this day to come. Now I'm feeling really glad to be here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom