Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone played the latest version of Delver?

neilsouth

Augur
I was reading the update article here http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/10/delver-what-visually-nice-upgrade-for.html and thought it looked a bit Ultima Underworldish. When it was first released it looked nothing of the sort. I was kinda impressed with the graphical update it's just gone through but I need feedback before I put any money forward :p

Steam Link
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249630/

ColCol

Arcane
Well, it is a combat focused roguelike, to my understanding. So, at the end of the day it's not going to offer a well crafted dungeon or probably any real exploration.

Gord

Arcane
How about now? It's on Steam sale for 2 bucks...

sbb

Learned
Delver is fun for a few runs, but ultimately like Rohit said there isn't enough to keep you past the first few times you open it. I'm really holding my breath for this game to be great though, so I'd get it the next time it's on sale.

Edit: only just realized how old this thread is, my bad

It's a pretty good deal on the sale, they add new stuff and details now and then. But it doesn't seem to have a big replay value (especially now that level-ups are random), so if that's a dealbreaker you'll probably want something else.

sbb

Learned
It's a pretty good deal on the sale, they add new stuff and details now and then. But it doesn't seem to have a big replay value (especially now that level-ups are random), so if that's a dealbreaker you'll probably want something else.
What do you mean level ups are random?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/249630/announcements/detail/1693659463153135262

Update #4 Available now

Community Announcements - cuddigan

We've been hard at work on Delver lately, and things are now stable enough to put out as a proper update. This update includes a ton of new dungeon areas, a new lighting model, lots of bug fixes, exploding potions, and some editor improvements to boot.

New Features
  • Potions are now volatile, don't shake them up too hard
  • Crates are breakable, have a chance to contain loot
  • Level up stats are now randomly chosen, start of a new skill system
  • Doors can now be stuck closed, these can be bashed open
  • Better support for static meshes, engine supports much more detail now
  • New lighting model to make the dungeon look better and spookier
  • A bunch of rendering bug fixes
  • Lots of new dungeon content

sbb

Learned
I just opened it up and played the newest update. I'm still really pulling for this game, I think it has some serious potential to turn into something great. As it stands it's a competent little thing to fall back on once in a while. They've totally redesigned the cave area and it's actually really impressive. The skill thing is a bit weird, giving you three random choices of skills to choose from each level. The slightest bit more depth would elevate this from "bundle fodder".

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
linkfilter

linkfilter

Took me 2 hours to complete a dungeon.

+ Graphics
+ Combat

- Simple

6/10 got it cheap.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom