Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
This whole place is ad hominem. There are plenty of people who are quite successful in a variety of ways IRL that come here to fuck around much like you are... but they are pathetic losers and you are above it all.

:updatedmytxt:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
GUIZE IT COSTS ME $400 PER BIT NOW TO SEND TEXT TO THE INTERNET BECAUSE OF THE ELEET NBN SYSTEM JUST INTRODUCED BY THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT WHICH SUPPLANTS THE PREVIOUS PRIVATE SECTOR SOLUTION. I HAD TO SELL ONE OF MY KIDNEYS TO AFFORD TO POST THIS SHORT UPDATE. ALL IS GOOD. WORKING ON THE MANUAL.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/11/nbn-network-youre-a-national-disgrace/

PRIVATE SECTOR ADSL BLEW THIS SH*T AWAY EASILY BUT IT IS ILLEGAL TO USE IT IN MY
NEIGHBOURHOOD ANOTHER WIN AUSSIES

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
Does it offer the promised 600 hours?
Stick with 1:6 convertible rate with each time approximation announced by Golden Era Games. All the vault chronometers are powered by ancient Neanderthal clockwork, resulting in unexpected time gaps and misunderstandings perceived by unworthy Saps.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So anyone feel like giving me a tl:dr on this game, what did it end up doing well, and what went wrong? Is it at least better than MMX or Xulima?

It really depends on what you want out of it. I really loved MMX despite its flaws. At the time I thought it would be the closest thing to the CRPGS/Blobbers of old we'll get ever again.
Grimoire goes above an beyond it. It is one of the CRPGs of yesteryears. Not an updated copy. Not the best we could hope for in the days of dumbed down modern mediocrity. But the real deal. If you enjoyed Wizardry 7 or MMIII-V, this game is for you. You'll love it unconditionally. And you'll hope against hope that Cleve keeps at it. To re-purpose a quote which might as well be on the imaginary box cover:

It is our last, best hope for humanity codex grumpkins.

I really don't see how any other release in my lifetime will ever tap that same feeling again. And I pity anybody who gets discouraged to try it, just because of some forum banter. I haven't enjoyed a game as much since World of Xeen. And the decades wasted on modern games only make me appreciate it all the more. Only a mad genius could have given us a gem out of time like this. Undaunted by modern economic concerns, unaffected by reality. Slaving away in a vault in the Australian desert. And the lack of appreciation some show for it only proofs my point. If you love old school Blobbers rejoice and get yourself the greatest Christmas present of all time. If you want a modern, polished, "balanced" game... We'll they are a dime a dozen. Just get the latest figstarter turd.
But don't take anybody's word for it. Just check out the superdemo. It gives a perfect assessment of the game and it is long enough to keep you busy until Version 2 and the manual comes out.

Biggus

Scholar
Save your money, good games have more than one person playing them. FFS, BAD games have more than one person playing them :P

I'm going to the beach. Have fun people.

Calvin, if you hate Oz so much, do us a favour and go back to the States.

XtUeJ62.png

treborSux

Arcane
This is a difficult time of the year for the lonely and suicidal, like ?Biggus?.

I am stong, fit, healthy, live in a beautiful house, in a magic coastal town. I want for nothing. Been retired for years, drink Wild Turkey, play games, grow veges, read, have fun, ride my Kwaka 1000, go to the beach, and generally enjoy life. Kids are coming from OS to visit at xmas, and I will probably go visit one or both of them next year.

Yup, pretty suicidal that life. :)

This thread should be renamed ad hominem. Honestly, talk about pathetic losers.
lol I can't. Trying to separate yourself apart from a pathetic loser makes it that much worse. I really have no idea what a happy, healthy, content dad in retirement with all these nice hobbies is doing spending any time at all shitposting garbage in a codex thread. Normal, happy, healthy people don't do what you do.

Biggus

Scholar
lol I can't. Trying to separate yourself apart from a pathetic loser makes it that much worse. I really have no idea what a happy, healthy, content dad in retirement with all these nice hobbies is doing spending any time at all shitposting garbage in a codex thread. Normal, happy, healthy people don't do what you do.

Yup, because keeping a tab open in a browser and looking at it for a few minutes a day to get a laugh, is somehow a bad and dangerous thing. I see. FFS.

Tell me, what makes me doing it and you, any different? Cleve is starting to make some of the people here look sane.
I'd say the only people posting garbage are the ones who keep trying to convince themselves that Grimoire is a decent game, and they seem to do this by attacking other people because they disagree. Yup, makes sense that.

I had a nice rice on my bike today. I must be such a loser. Grmioire threads on codex never even entered my head, why the fuck would they?

Time to play a real game, one where the stats, do, you know, they DO something. AND it has a manual. Go figure. lol

Have fun at work :P

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
And also happily retired, super healthy and fit as a young God, bathing in luxury and wealth, possibly accompanied by several trophy girlfriends and with a season pass on the Lolita Express.

mondblut

Arcane
It really depends on what you want out of it. I really loved MMX despite its flaws. At the time I thought it would be the closest thing to the CRPGS/Blobbers of old we'll get ever again.
Grimoire goes above an beyond it. It is one of the CRPGs of yesteryears. Not an updated copy. Not the best we could hope for in the days of dumbed down modern mediocrity. But the real deal. If you enjoyed Wizardry 7 or MMIII-V, this game is for you. You'll love it unconditionally. And you'll hope against hope that Cleve keeps at it. To re-purpose a quote which might as well be on the imaginary box cover:

I really don't see how any other release in my lifetime will ever tap that same feeling again. And I pity anybody who gets discouraged to try it, just because of some forum banter. I haven't enjoyed a game as much since World of Xeen. And the decades wasted on modern games only make me appreciate it all the more. Only a mad genius could have given us a gem out of time like this. Undaunted by modern economic concerns, unaffected by reality. Slaving away in a vault in the Australian desert. And the lack of appreciation some show for it only proofs my point. If you love old school Blobbers rejoice and get yourself the greatest Christmas present of all time. If you want a modern, polished, "balanced" game... We'll they are a dime a dozen. Just get the latest figstarter turd.
But don't take anybody's word for it. Just check out the superdemo. It gives a perfect assessment of the game and it is long enough to keep you busy until Version 2 and the manual comes out.

:mrpresident:

Couldn't say it better myself.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Save your money, good games have more than one person playing them. FFS, BAD games have more than one person playing them :P

I'm going to the beach. Have fun people.

Calvin, if you hate Oz so much, do us a favour and go back to the States.

XtUeJ62.png

Only Plebs launch non DRM games from Steam.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wish I could give you a thanks and a brofist. :bounce:

:mrpresident:

Couldn't say it better myself.

:hero:

Biggus

Scholar
Dream on. Keep telling yourselves the same thing over and over, and who knows, you might even believe your own delusions one day. Keep trying to defend this piece of junk with ad hominem attacks and drivel, cause that will really work, right? FFS. What a bunch of dropkicks. You people deserve Grimoire :)

Cleve and many codexians, a good partnership indeed.

Raining today, no beach, gaming time. Have fun at work. :P

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Dream on. Keep telling yourselves the same thing over and over, and who knows, you might even believe your own delusions one day. Keep trying to defend this piece of junk with ad hominem attacks and drivel, cause that will really work, right? FFS. What a bunch of dropkicks. You people deserve Grimoire :)

Cleve and many codexians, a good partnership indeed.

Raining today, no beach, gaming time. Have fun at work. :P

You continually use 'ad hominem attacks' incorrectly. We are dealing with opinions here. Your opinion of the game is not an argument. Someone making fun of you for sticking around to repeat your opinion over and over (something you attack the character of others for doing) and in particular for a game you claim is shit is neither baseless nor ad hominem.

You have plenty of opinion and complaint, but no argument. So ad hominem attack doesn't apply. Suck it up.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
All Biggus Popamolus can do at the face of Grimwah's unstoppable tidal wave of incline is keep spamming passive-aggressive smileys and hope that paychecks from Robert Sirotek keep coming long enough to afford one more gay prostitute. Sad!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom