Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
...I'm not that interested in mmo or multiplayer gaming as a matter of fact...
And I dislike internet only playing, as my connection is rather shitty.

Grim Dawn is probably going to be your best bet, then. Of course, it won't be coming out for another eighteen months at least.

Cynic

Arcane
http://www.grimdawn.com/media_screenshots.php

2013-4-10_devilscrossing02_lrg.jpg

Fuck off Diablo 3.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Still pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha? Weren't they planning on releasing it this year? Jeez.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyway, it looks nice. Biggest problems I had with TQ were the 'floaty' nature of the combat, generic feel of the setting and world design, and needlessly elaborate talent system. That said even if they improve on all of that I'm burnt out enough on these hack-n-slashes to wait for 75% off.

Cynic

Arcane
I never played TQ...from the demos the combat looks pretty nice in Grim Dawn. I quit D3 after getting to Jewferno difficulty so it'll be a pretty long wait before this comes out. Can't wait...so much :incline: incoming.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Sure looks grim.

Perhaps I should check on Paths of Exile. Maybe they've fixed minions being shitty and in the way all the time.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Perhaps I should check on Paths of Exile. Maybe they've fixed minions being shitty and in the way all the time.

When was the last time you played? They made minions untargetable and and nerfed Piety's lightning ball damage, but that was already few months ago.

I should be excided for this but 400 combined hours of D3 and PoE left my dry and empty inside.

Now I kinda regret not backing it in the first place.

I thought Torchlight 2 would be good enough, but the search continues for a loot RPG to grab me like D2 did.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What does "looking dope" mean? Is it good or bad?
Personally I think the screenshots look good. No retarded Bloom to ruin it is always a plus these days.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nice to see an RPG with a UI that looks like a goddamn solid hunk of rusty-ass, ornate metal. Tired of all these curly, wavy, ethereal, context-sensitive UIs these days.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good armor, enemy and outworld design. They are not even in alpha stages still though... I guess we won't be seeing this game untill 2014

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The UI overall is indeed rather groovy, maybe the font could use a little work though.

looking great, but the fact that this has been in development forever and a day is pretty frustrating. hope it actually comes out sometime.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
After the disappointment of Diablo 3, this is the H&S I'm waiting for.

Path of Exile is ok, but somehow it doesn't cut it for me.

Fart Master

Savant
Too bad the multiplayer portion will be overrun by bots and hackers in less than a month like all ARPGs. I don't really see the point of playing them alone for longer than 1 playthrough UNLESS theres some kind of super hard endgame content in them.

Path of Exile was OK but now its completely ran over by bots, zoomhacks and multiboxers destroying the economy. Also the armor models are ugly as fuck for a 2013 game.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Friends don't let friends play that travesty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom