Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grey Star the Wizard Collector's Edition

Dedup

Augur
So Megara Entertainment is Kickstarting a collector's edition of the first World of Lone Wolf gamebook. The one part that has me interested is that because they were unable to retrieve the original Paul Bonner illustrations, they're getting Gary Chalk, the illustrator for the first 8 of the regular Lone Wolf gamebooks, to do all of the illustrations for this one. Here's the link to the Kickstarter.

The physical book is a little pricey so I was going to give this one a pass but Gary's artwork is just too nostalgic for me to resist. I put a couple of his illustrations from the Kickstarter in the spoiler.
9beb6c6d512d9ce32f69ccfacbc7a344_original.jpg

ac379672ef0416d58c0a62c31c0c1c4a_original.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
I loved as a kid. Those first two books were tough, death and violence galore, and Grey Star had a love interest! But I kind of digged the oriignal art, with the fugly humans. Since Grey Star was basically written by a Brit raised by space elves, I figure that's how he'd see Americans humans.

Dedup

Augur
But I kind of digged the oriignal art, with the fugly humans.

Well fugly human illustrations seem to be a bit of a tradition with the Lone Wolf series and Gary Chalk is no exception. Check out the looker in the spoiler.

c3425213be19931780e4ec6c852c46d6_original.jpg

Going back and flipping through the illustrations of my books, I do agree that the originals are excellent and definitely have their own charm. Both styles of illustrations tickle that nostalgic part of my brain so I find them equally appealing.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Aye same ere, Gary Chalks stayin rent free in me noggin, might not be most skilled illustrator but theres someat about his work thats fuckin distinct.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom