Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Ivan

Arcane
4 sho. GTA5 (really, Ballad of Gay Tony) put the fun back in GTA. GTA4 had a stick up its ass the whole time through it. This is popping with life and violence. I love it. It makes me not care about Just Cause 3.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
It'd be great if there were a tofu delivery side activity

C2733B7DC6EA7B1CF8787299DAD535163F70E337

Black

Arcane
How are bikes in this GTA?

Bikes as in bicycles or bikes as in motorbikes? The llatter are agile, fast, and fun to drive. The former are kinda rare: I haven't ridden one yet.

I'm really enjoying GTAV. It's GTA in the vein of Vice City and San Andreas, not the boring and conventional GTA4. The missions are really inventive and fun, the gameworld is gorgeous, and the driving is fun! :D
Bicecycles, I ain't no enviro-freak. Mostly interested whether you still fall of because of even slightest bumps.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is there no codex multi going on? :(

Everyone is going through single-player? :)

bonescraper

Ok, am i just dumb, or is this whole tuning deal totally fucking pointless? I can get a nice car, customize the shit out of it, then go to do a story mission just to abandon my pimped out ride and fucking end up in some remote place after the mission is finished. Then i have to fucking go to the car impound and pay 250$ to get it back? Rinse and repeat. Fuck this shit.

Since they copied the awful car physics from Saints Row, they also could fucking copy its garage and vehicle delivery system. Yeah, it's not realistic, but at least i could fucking get my cars whenever i want to.

Astral Rag

Arcane
GTA Ousts Skyrim As Steam’s Most Played 3rd Party Game
By Alec Meer on April 16th, 2015 at 11:00 am

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. I celebrated if one of the bands I like got a single in the top 10; I took it very personally if they failed to. Because enough of my peers had also not loved whichever band of posturing men-with-guitars it was, society was in ruins. Is that, perhaps, how some Skyrim fans feel at news their beloved RPG has been toppled by GTA V as the game with most concurrent users ever on Steam, if you exclude Valve’s own games? And are GTA fans celebrating that their prized cars’n’murder game has claimed another scalp?

GTA V mustered over 301,000 folk playing the game at once, reports GamesIndustry, beating Skyrim’s 280,000 and change back when Bethesda’s dragon-botherer first launched. However, these are but tears in the rain against some of Valve’s own offerings – Dota 2 had over 800,000 players in the same period that GTA was doing its thing, while olden hatfest Team Fortress 2 also exceeded 300k during that time. Which is pretty crazy: even GTA V, a name as big as it gets in ‘traditional’ games, can’t beat what Valve are up to with their now fairly old free to play fare.

Still, Rockstar’s PC version of GTA V gets to say its the most-played third party game on Steam ever, depending on how you narrow down that phrase ‘most-played.’ Delays, two different console versions and a troubled launch haven’t done anything to dim its appeal to players of PC games, and that means more even houses made of gold for Rockstar’s bosses.

A user named cat

:lol: Man as a non native english speaker I always laugh my ass off really hard with "nigga talk", I wish the black people in my country were as funny as black americans
Kind sir, might I recommend Menace II Society? Not only is the dialogue hilarious but it's also a genuinely classic 90's movie.

Funnily enough you might also recognize MC Eiht (the guy with whacky dreads in a blue t-shirt) as he was a voice actor and character in GTA: San Andreas.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ok, am i just dumb, or is this whole tuning deal totally fucking pointless? I can get a nice car, customize the shit out of it, then go to do a story mission just to abandon my pimped out ride and fucking end up in some remote place after the mission is finished. Then i have to fucking go to the car impound and pay 250$ to get it back? Rinse and repeat. Fuck this shit.

Since they copied the awful car physics from Saints Row, they also could fucking copy its garage and vehicle delivery system. Yeah, it's not realistic, but at least i could fucking get my cars whenever i want to.

Multiplayer? Just call your technician to deliver the vehicle to your nearest. You can also switch between personal vehicles inside the garage

Astral Rag

Arcane
Uploaded some RAW GTA 5 PC gameplay footage to the internet with the intention of helping out 560ti Master Race Brothers around the world:

Last edited:

dunno lah

Arcane
Normal texture quality does look like PS3-level textures. BTW, what's it like to tackle someone in FP view? I really enjoyed diving into people and things.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Normal texture quality does look like PS3-level textures. BTW, what's it like to tackle someone in FP view? I really enjoyed diving into people and things.

Yeah, the difference is pretty big. It's like going from Low to High. Makes me wonder how the actual low textures looks like.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I don't think there's "low" setting at all, normal is the new low. It runs ok ~20 fps on my overheating i3 laptop even, with some patches every potato will be able to run it.

SoupNazi

So, that happened:

B16C5C4C03946F62CD6ACED047E725E6D8E4359F

DA68C99C6A8EA6718F1783CC702ABD12A862EFBC

143FE243A1BC739278E3722374D35CCFB67C4899

61049DD4C8DAFA543B6FE890407BECB3C1E54C4F

The bodies were there when I switched to Trevor. No funny comments from him or anything, though :(

Ivan

Arcane
Okay, this is easily the best GTA ever. I'm not going to spoil it, but the mission Did Someone Say Yoga has the best payoff I've ever seen in any seemingly mundane mission in a game, ever.

Also, my first vid with the editor. Just messin around. Yeah, T died but I guess the editor cuts that part out. The driving gives me some serious Midnight Club 3 (my favorite racer) vibes. 1080p that shit

if anyone wants to do coop missions (heists or w/e) feel free to join the crew. you have to reach lv 12 to start doing hiests, so get on it.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/rpg_kodex

Last edited:

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Downloaded the game today and just finished the first heist (felt good). I'm a little pissed that Trevor killed Johny just like that, I liked him in gta 4.

Graphics is good but the game eats a lot of vram at very high textures.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Downloading GTA 5, any of you other losers play online?

Yes, there is a crew you can join. A few pages back, but I don't know how it works yet though hehe.

Edit:

If anyone wanna play just add me: tomme81
Because I don't know how the crew thing works, can't seem to see it anywhere on the phone ingame

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom