Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Man I am loving this, the first person mode really changes the game. Driving is kinda shitty, but kicking someone's head in and then getting in a car while getting shot at by cops is quite fun in first person.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It also fixes the annoying sluggish movement the game has when in third person, although the controls still aren't quite as sharp as a contemporary FPS like say, Wolfenstein: The New Order. I'd also have liked a proper crouch mode, not just the slight hunch from sneaking.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So after playing a while I decided to enter my pre order code to get that 500.000 for single player and 500.000 for multiplayer.

Downloaded and installed it fine, but where is my goddamn money?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Heard this rumor from a guy who did some MR for Valve that the reason for the 3 month delay for the PC release is obviously not adding "enchancements" or waiting for the last possible buyers from the current gen consolas but implementing the Denuvo DRM though Steam
That is despite the Rockstar CEO saying otherwise...

Seems likely they just wanted to wring out every last impatient console sale they could. Worked last year with the PS3 version (is weak).

Inside Gaming played the PS4 version during the entirety of an hour long discussion, and it looked very slick even there.

Can't wait for some 1440p action, at 60 fps.

Edit: After 3-4 patches.

Edit edit:....and a sacrifice to Gaben.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
gta6quvd.png

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Sad how many completely first-person games skip this altogether. Get shamed.

Sadly it's too limited and it doesn't show the actual FOV, the position of the weapons and cellphone is also very awkward, still it's a good start and I'm sure mods will fix it on PC.

I like that you can see your character's body in FP mode though, that is a feature that always enhances all my immmerzions something fierce.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

1- Eat peyote

2- Transfer your consciousness into a random bird

3- Fly around and defecate on NPCs

4- ???

5- Profit!

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think so, it's just a collectible gimmick as in find X number of peyote plants. 'Congratulations! You found them all and transformed into all animals. Acheesement unlocked!'

Astral Rag

Arcane
I don't think so, it's just a collectible gimmick as in find X number of peyote plants. 'Congratulations! You found them all and transformed into all animals. Acheesement unlocked!'

Talk about a missed opportunity, so you can only 'become' an animal a limited number of times then. Mods will probably fix that too.

Astral Rag

Arcane
:lol:

Can you play in FP when in animal mode... it would be neat if looking at the world through a pig or dog's changed the game's color scheme.

Seeing the world through the eyes of a bug would also be great.

Probably more things to add to the modder's to-do list.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I was just about done with games but now I'm back in. Have to upgrade the super old PC for this beast.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Release delayed to March 24, and System Requirements

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
DVD Drive

65 GB.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
Release delayed to March 24, and System Requirements

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
DVD Drive

65 GB.
:decline::negative:

bonescraper

Those are some low recommended specs. And i thought i'll need an upgrade. Great news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom