Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd be almost willing to bet that this will run poorly even on high-end systems, it's Rockstar after all.

Probably.

And after some long thinking I'm pretty sure my new PC is going to be a moderately powered gaming laptop, so I'll be surprised if I can play the fucking thing at all.
why would you do this to yourself

Bored of video games to the point of not wanting a massive desk, chair and monitor in my house.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Lindsay Lohan steps up Rockstar legal battle over GTA5 character

jpg

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
I hope the stupid bitch will win. Non of the rockstar games have any original ideas, they stole everything from other media.

pippin

GTA's girl looks more like Kate Upton, even in boob size terms. Lohan is just being Lohan, I guess.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Parody is fair use.
Parody is protected by special parody laws. Fair use is too nebulous and could prevent parody from appearing. Special parody laws were designed to prevent any delays in release by lawsuits and by other means, and to protect authors from criminal lawsuit doesn't matter how stupid the parody is, to ensure real parodies would be sufficiently protected.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Is there a reason I should care?
I thought .. Rockstar. GTIV, LA Noire .. etc was the popamole of open world games?? I thought on the PC they are unoptimized shit.
I thought Rockstar dont need PC gamers because there was so much piracy and all cool kids have consoles these days. GTAV, Red Dead Redemption does not get a PC version because it is too cool for PC.

Around a decade ago Rockstar thought the PC sucked. But I still don't own 1 single fucking console and I think Rockstar sucks.
I learned to live comfortably with stupid games for cranky old PC men like me, why should I care for dumb + violent + sex + graphics + console shit?

Turjan

Arcane
GTA San Andreas has been taken off Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12120/

Also, the Steam Database reveals recent changes:
https://steamdb.info/app/12120/history/

We probably get that Xbox 360 re-release too.
Let's hope they don't get any ideas and want to charge for a convenience update. Hmm, would probably be nice to take CJ on a tour again, at least for some time. Then again, the new game is mostly similar, so it probably doesn't matter that much.

Astral Rag

Arcane
What's special about the 360 re-release? I read that it runs in 720p (lol), has achievements and an increased draw distance.

Maybe R* removed mod support from the pc version.

:troll:

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
What's special about the 360 re-release? I read that it runs in 720p (lol), has achievements and an increased draw distance.
To be fair, 720p looks better than 1080p with this old game. At least to me. The textures aren't really up to task for very high resolutions, and the models look very blocky.

Not that this is strictly necessary. I looked, and my Steam version is still set up for an old 16:10 monitor of mine. I would have to look for a 16:9 version of the mod.

toroid

Arcane
Don't care, San Andreas is the worst of the bunch anyway (Nigga plz). Only played for a few hours before uninstalling. Nig culture and character stats (and grinding those stats) ruined it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
GTA3 will forever live on in my heart. A long while ago I played Saints Row 3 and loved it, and when I completed it I wished for more so I bought GTA4. Steam tells me I played it for 3 hours. What a shit game

Cassidy

Arcane

Nope.

A pity the only game that tried to feature organized crime in a strategic level, Gangsters, was seriously flawed, because on paper it was a lot more interesting than any GTA. Not sure if there was ever any other noteworthy game focused on the godfather tactician instead of being one man's mafia or one man's gang.

Cadmus

Arcane
I think I won't bother with this one. Maybe if I get a new PC one day.
It's sad because I remember all the previous 3D GTA games introducing me to tons of music I had never heard before (because I didn't have the Internet) like Billy Idol, all of those classic rock bands and some more. GTAIV was unplayable on my PC upon release and so the franchise lost me.

toroid

Arcane
Details about the metric shit ton of new stuff included in the PC version of GTAV
Rockstar said:
Wildlife Photography Challenge
There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them.
As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.

Ugh...

"You're a genetic experiment gone wrong, dog."
"What?"
"Bitchass bullshit."

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, so, I have only played the first GTA, and did not like it beyond a couple of hours of senseless-violence-type fun (similar to Carmageddon, which held my interest a bit longer TBH). Obviously the series has evolved since then, so maybe I should give it another try - but somehow I have never tried any other GTA. I have watched my brother-in-law play a few, and he heartily recommends them (San Andreas and IV, I think?), but he has shit taste in games, and I do not trust his opinions.

Am I missing much? I somehow do not believe all the games are as good as their review scores say. Which are actually noteworthy?

baturinsky

Arcane

Nope.

A pity the only game that tried to feature organized crime in a strategic level, Gangsters, was seriously flawed, because on paper it was a lot more interesting than any GTA. Not sure if there was ever any other noteworthy game focused on the godfather tactician instead of being one man's mafia or one man's gang.

If you are really desperate, there is Mugsy
showscreen.cgi

garren

Arcane
Patron
If you want to try a 3D GTA, start with Vice City. GTA 3 was a big leap when it was first released, but it kinda aged badly, Vice City really polished a lot of the areas where GTA 3 was lacking.

Wasteland 2
If you want to try a 3D GTA, start with Vice City. GTA 3 was a big leap when it was first released, but it kinda aged badly, Vice City really polished a lot of the areas where GTA 3 was lacking.
GTA3 is lacking in style and story department and cutscenes were forgetable, but it's secondary to gameplay and I found the missions to be the most fun and freeform here.
The map in GTA3 was more varied and 3d, compared to flat Vice City and while San Andreas map was great most of the missions were generic console on rails tripe.
I was progressively less entertained with each installement of the GTA3 trilogy, of course it can be partially due to getting bored with the formula ( I've spaced them 3 years apart ), but I had the most fun with GTA3.

Last edited:
GTA3 feels dated and clunky as fuck, can't play it anymore. But I do love every GTA since Vice City. Although my love for IV is mostly due to multiplayer, campaign is decent but forgettable. Episodes from Liberty City was a big improvement in single player. And yeah, the map in San Andreas was definitely best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom