Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Could not possibly care less about GTA5 on PC. Already played it on PS4 and didn't like it even as much as Watch Dogs. Got to be the most overrated game ever.
But you care enough to post in this thread, so obviously it's still possible for you to care a tiny bit less. :smug:

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I care about making sure every man, woman, and child on the Codex is enlightened by my superior opinions, not about the game.

It seems like 4k without AA to me as well. Though I would say that 1080p with AA > 4k without AA. Higher resolution doesn't remove aliasing, just makes it less obvious. Some kind of AA is always needed.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

This is fucking HILARIOUS.

Was watching it at work, almost had to contain myself from sputtering and laughing my ass off out loud, my coworkers are gettin' scared.

Oh man.. This guys laugh is so contagious... :D :D !

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I feel secure in keeping my pre-order. The game's recommended specs include some of the hardware I have specifically, like a 2GB HD7870, and I believe that AMD processor as well. If it doesn't run on day one, I will have a good enough case to bug Steam for a refund imho. I'm looking forward to enjoying this game without having to use fucking analogue sticks, so fuck it.

Yeah I tried it for a bit on my friends PS4 and all I could think of was how much better it will play with kb/m. Some people actually believe gamepads are better for all third person games, they are dumb.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I tried it for a bit on my friends PS4 and all I could think of was how much better it will play with kb/m. Some people actually believe gamepads are better for all third person games, they are dumb.
The only thing that is better with kb+m is aiming a gun. Everything else (moving, driving, fighting) is better with gamepad. But since GTAV has lots of these things, you have to make a compromise either way.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
All freelook-enabled games must support mouse and keyboard. There is no acceptable alternative.

The only thing that is better with kb+m is aiming a gun. Everything else (moving, driving, fighting) is better with gamepad. But since GTAV has lots of these things, you have to make a compromise either way.

Controls seemed a lot like GTAIV to me, in which everything including driving plays a lot better with kb/m.

Reminds me of all the time I wasted on planes in San Andreas, except this is 10x more awesome of course.

If it's considered gay to prefer this over Geralt-

8tO1rQc.png

...wow, I don't remember where I was going with this. Carry on.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Guys, if I were going to buy this or Watch Dogs, who is better? I mean, I played GTA 4 and that thing left me traumatized. Most of the missions on GTA IV were fucking boring, Rockstar decided to go more "realistic" and they did that by making every fucking mission on the game the same, shooting galleries, after shooting galleries, after shooting galleries when GTA is a fucking bare bones third person shooter.

What made GTA fun was the crazy shit you did on the missions. I saw the trailers of GTA V and it seems to not take itself so serious but that happen on the gameplay or what? Do I hijack an helicopter by jumping from an helicopter then explode US army tanks and drive the helicopter full of C4 on an army barracks on a mission or the "crazyness" of it is just to watch Trevor being a retard on cutscenes and the game is just shooting a bunch of boring dudes over and over, on boring linear shooting galleries?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
GTA V is the least serious-taking game I've seen in a long time.

Trevor is a legend in the game as well, not just cutscenes. So is Michael. Token Black guy is pretty weak but this game is significantly different from the others in that it's more story and character driven than exploration driven. Unfortunately that also means the story is ridiculously short. Also the smallest map of all the GTAs as far as I remember. But at least it's entertaining while it lasts. Oh and the radio stations are the best since GTA 3 and KILLER BEES.

I don't know about this first person thing though, sounds retarded to me.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys, if I were going to buy this or Watch Dogs, who is better? I mean, I played GTA 4 and that thing left me traumatized. Most of the missions on GTA IV were fucking boring, Rockstar decided to go more "realistic" and they did that by making every fucking mission on the game the same, shooting galleries, after shooting galleries, after shooting galleries when GTA is a fucking bare bones third person shooter.

What made GTA fun was the crazy shit you did on the missions. I saw the trailers of GTA V and it seems to not take itself so serious but that happen on the gameplay or what? Do I hijack an helicopter by jumping from an helicopter then explode US army tanks and drive the helicopter full of C4 on an army barracks on a mission or the "crazyness" of it is just to watch Trevor being a retard on cutscenes and the game is just shooting a bunch of boring dudes over and over, on boring linear shooting galleries?

Just avoid Watch Dogs at all costs.
GTA V is miles better, Trevor has some "special" replayable missions in which you can have fun with heavy weaponary. There are some good moments of destruction in main campaign too.

ThePaletoScore-GTA5.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom