Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

goty 2015?

Which one is your personal GOTY?

• The Dwarf Run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorcerer King

• One More Dungeon

• Convoy

• Don't Starve: Shipwrecked!

• Dragon Fin Soup

• Invisible Inc

• Skyshine's BEDLAM

• Dead State

• Total voters

Reapa

Doom Preacher
let me start off by saying that it pisses me off that the codex official poll does not show any results until 29feb. looks to me like they need to keep it a secret to be able to mess with the results.
then the list is full of weird crap (some of it console ffs) that can't possibly have anything to do with RPGs. dark souls 2??? for real? fallout 4? do we pretend it's an rpg just because it sold well on first day? why not include carmageddon: reincarnation? obviously any game can make the list if it was released in 2015.

EDIT: updated with IMO meaningful poll, with only one option per vote because DUH! it's about the game of the year, not the games of the year. the results can be seen with or without participating in the poll and you can also see who voted for what to dismiss any chance of messing with the results.

Last edited:

Shin

Cipher
so make your own poll; it's what all the cool kids do

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Voted go fuck yourself! because popularity contests must die in hellfire.
are you one of these idiots who thinks one can play sports for fun without keeping score when score is actually the biggest part of the fun?

V_K

Arcane
are you one of these idiots who thinks one can play sports for fun without keeping score when score is actually the biggest part of the fun?
No, I'm one of those idiots who think that non-graded voting systems only reflect the quality of the game's marketing buzz, not the game itself.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
No, I'm one of those idiots who think that non-graded voting systems only reflect the quality of the game's marketing buzz, not the game itself.
i still have faith that some people on the codex don't vote based on marketing buzz. and seeing how AoD got 9 votes kinda proves my point. also replacing Dark Souls 2 and Fallout 4 with go fuck yourself! makes it very easy to separate the sheep from the goats.

V_K

Arcane
I mean the age-old debate about what is better - a game played by 100 people and enjoyed by 50 of them or a game played by 40 people but enjoyed by all of them. In my book it's the latter, but non-graded polls invariably favor the former - that's why they're popularity contests rather than anything meaningful.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I mean the age-old debate about what is better - a game played by 100 people and enjoyed by 50 of them or a game played by 40 people but enjoyed by all of them. In my book it's the latter, but non-graded polls invariably favor the former - that's why they're popularity contests rather than anything meaningful.
you'd vote goty on a game you played but you didn't enjoy??? the very premise of the poll is that people vote on what game they enjoyed the most in 2015. it's not a popularity prognosis for games to be released.

Modron

Arcane
Poll was quite random in its' selection of titles so I defaulted to go fuck yourself.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
What I really don't get is why Space Rangers: A War Apart is there... the game is from 2004, and the HD re-release from 2013...

Modron

Arcane
then please enlighten us as to which excellent rpg from 2015 is missing in the poll.

More along the lines of what games with stats you included and which ones you excluded, lot of more tactical games on the list but hard west, invisible inc, and so on are not there.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
What I really don't get is why Space Rangers: A War Apart is there... the game is from 2004, and the HD re-release from 2013...
January 14, 2015 (gog release date) if my research was correct at the time i did it.
then please enlighten us as to which excellent rpg from 2015 is missing in the poll.

More along the lines of what games with stats you included and which ones you excluded, lot of more tactical games on the list but hard west, invisible inc, and so on are not there.
pretty sure those 2 didn't have any character progression.
EDIT: pretty sure hard west doesn't have any character progression. list updated with Invisible Inc and Skyshine's BEDLAM.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
seems codex staff gets easily triggered by users giving them competition. the poll already has a go fuck yourself option addressed at the OP. what kind of retard puts yet another one inside??? Infinitron and/or Jaesun, you're a moron/bunch of morons.

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
It's an enhanced edition. Poos, your wait is over.

Edit: I like how go fuck yourself starts to get ahead. Maybe I was wrong, and it is in fact a good poll.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
good enough for infinitron to look at it as a threat to the official codex poll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom