Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic II Gold/Night of the Raven

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wish gothic has usable first person mode instead of that mo movement abomination they have going.

visions

Arcane
Zeus said:
So which Gothic II Gold should I buy?

Looks like there's a "Gothic 2 Gold" by Atari, with a literal gold colored box.
http://www.amazon.com/Gothic-II-Gold-Pc/dp/B0015RRM2Q/

Then there's Gothic II: Gold Edition by Piranha
http://www.amazon.com/Gothic-II-Gold/dp/B004E6BN4I/

And of course, Gothic Universe by Dreamcatcher, which includes Gothic 3.
http://www.amazon.com/Gothic-Universe-Pc/dp/B000VPRAFM/

Can anyone weigh in on the superior version? I'm mostly interested in maps and manuals, though I doubt any of these editions has more than quick start guide.

Gothic Universe comes with a paper manual for Gothic 3, no (paper) manual for G1/2 though.

Emily

Arcane
Besides that, get some transformation scrolls from the naggy alchemist. Dragonsnapper is particulary powerfull. You can virtually clear all the map from low level monsters or take out the elite ork in the woods with it at level one.

I personally consider that a soft cheat. And in fact the scrolls change in NOTR makes the whole world very unbalanced and "wackee".

The fact that you could save up and buy a fire rain scroll and that every farmer could potentially rise the entire town with it makes me just question the devs intentions. And it costs just 250 gold.

In my opinion the scrolls were added as an in game cheat,and I personally hate how they have done it.
Gothic 2 handles it much better.

But the problem is the Dragon fights are almost not winnable without the scrolls,and in general in Gothic 2 you could/should use scrolls for tough fight as an edge,but here it just feels like cheating because they all cost 5 mana. So you get a cheat mode with no.investments other than gold.

Emily

Arcane
Not enough :whatisfun: for you?
Making them cost half of the original mana and making them found in dungeon only(and only the hardest ones) would eliviate the issue. Instead of every farmer being able to summon a demon for 200 gold by.going to a market place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom