Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Venser

Erudite
If you're into adventure games, you will like this channel:

Don't know about let's plays since I don't watch them but the reviews are great. Mostly older games...

Last edited:

Obviousplant

Educated
I've noticed that there aren't many reviews of old CRPGs on youtube, so if any one is intrested, I've covered a few on my channel (Dark Sun, Wizardry 8, Dark Heart of Uukrul+I'll probably do more in the future).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCcFnrGQkoCenjTbiEah28g

Since Tides of Numenera is coming out later this year, I've been wondering if I should make a video on the history of D&D lisence games. I'd like to be thorough and make the kind of videos Gaming Historian does, but I haven't played many of the less popular D&D games, so it would have to be a more superficial overview. I tried my luck with more objective/historical content by making a Looking Glass studios retrospective back in July, but there weren't as many games to talk there and all of them are great (no games like Heroes of the Lance to cover).

Any interest in a similar video, but on D&D games? I would probably have to briefly summarize most of the less important titles and only give more screen time to Goldbox, Infinity Engine and ToEE-NWN because of my lack of knowledge and due toe fact that it would otherwise be longer than a feature length film.

Last edited:

Obviousplant

Educated
I found another CRPG reviewer, Ludo Lense. He's made in depth Matthewmatosis style videos on Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Hong Kong and the Elder Scrolls series.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLZoXbm4kZPtSpo55Xbgl1g/videos
And I totally forgot about dfortae: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzjKyPw7dWma6HTxr-y1Umg
He reviewed Wizardry 4 (!) and a bunch of other old CRPGs.

My latest video might be of some interest to codex members

It's about less famous adventure games, but there are two interesting RPG/adventure game hybrids in there: B.A.T II: The Koshan Conspiracy (9:07-15:22 ) and Shannara (made by Quest for Glory developers, 26:51-28:27)

BAT 2 is very ambitious and amazing from a technical perspective, but the UI sucks and my manual is in German (not going to google translate 50+ pages). Sadly no one's uploaded the English manual online, so I've never been able to beat it. Still really cool in the same way BloodNet is interesting, though this game is far less broken and even more ambitious, even though it predates it by 2 years.

Jinn

Arcane
Checked out your channel, Ludo Lense. Really good stuff! Subscribed and looking forward to more in the future.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Don't often do much Youtube watching, but I were looking round for a Thief 4 review and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU

Anyway thought it were fucking brilliant, and warned me well away from that new game, I actually sat and listened to all of it and it seems more of a condemnation of the entire industry rather than just the new Thief. I were impressed as fuck.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Adum Plaze is the only proper way of experiencing David Cage games and David Cage type of crap.

2qjefwg.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane

For people that want into original X-Com.
He made long playthrough with mod pack to reveal as much as possible before final so you don't need to.
Now he start X-Piratez, which play different way than X-Com.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom