Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Bruticis

CD Projekt Red will give away a "legendary" PC RPG for free on GOG.com this Thursday, 5th April, Eurogamer can reveal.
Just how many LEGENDARY games does CD Projekt have to give away?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Bruticis

it'll be some game that everyone on GOG already bought
Considering CD Projekt Red has made exactly two games, my money is on Twitcher 1.

nowhere did it specifically say that it was a game made by CD Projekt. I'm guessing Baldur's Gate or maybe even Fallout.
That's true but it stated CD Projekt Red and not GOG. Why would CD Projekt Red (not even CD Projekt, mind you) give away a GOG game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Considering CD Projekt Red has made exactly two games, my money is on Twitcher 1.

nowhere did it specifically say that it was a game made by CD Projekt. I'm guessing Baldur's Gate or maybe even Fallout.
That's true but it stated CD Projekt Red and not GOG. Why would CD Projekt Red (not even CD Projekt, mind you) give away a GOG game?

Polish translations of Baldur's Gate? :smug:

Hobo Elf

Arcane

GOG has given out free games from their paid catalog every now and then.

CD Projekt Red will give away a "legendary" PC RPG for free on GOG.com this Thursday, 5th April, Eurogamer can reveal.

Read it very carefully again. It doesn't imply that they are giving a CD Projekt exclusive game. It's just saying that CD Projekt RED is giving a free game on GOG.com, a service they own and manage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
No way are they releasing TW1 for free now, not with console TW2 coming out so soon. Some of the echh-boxers who own an old PC just might want to buy the original game.

On the other hand, it could also be a way to promote the new game, so who knows?

Bruticis

Fair enough, I thought CD Projekt and CD Projekt Red were separate divisions and that CD Projekt ran gog.com. My mistake.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
No way are they releasing TW1 for free now, not with console TW2 coming out so soon. Some of the echh-boxers who own an old PC just might want to buy the original game.

That would be a good way to raise awareness for the X360 release of TW2, and it's been done before. TW1 has been around for a few years, already featured in sales and now it's available for very cheap, so giving it away wouldn't cut too much intro the profits and might get X360 owners to buy a game they maybe didn't even consider buying in the first place. Because of that, and if they do give out a RPG for free Thursday, my money is on TW1.

That or AoD, because Thursday.

Turjan

Arcane
I think I got my gog.com copy of TW1 for free when I bought TW2.

Chuck Norris

Augur
New releases:
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut, Heroes of Might & Magic V Bundle ( You can buy them together for 20$ till 12th April )

Boatnicula , the new game by Machinarium maker is available for pre-order

Also the legendary RPG they wanted to give away for free is Fallout.

DaveO

Erudite
I remember buying and playing Darkstone, but I did not complete it. I sold the game to somebody else since it was not what I wanted. I might try it again on the inevitable GoG sale.

Chuck Norris

Augur
Legend of Grimrock is now available for download at GOG. ( for 13.50 bucks. )
Those gog reviews about the game are pissing me off.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Most games were never abandonware, just companies rarely bothered to even try selling them at all.

Fixed.

Seriously, punch 'Might and Magic 3' into google and see how many pages you go through looking for ubisoft (who own the franchise) before giving up. They could set up a page to sell it on in a single afternoon with a single intern working on it. If they can't be assed to do even that, much less keep a proper website around with FAQ, manual, system specs, etc. (despite unpaid fans doing that themselves) they've got no fucking right to the IP. They're no better than patent squatters.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Seriously, punch 'Might and Magic 3' into google and see how many pages you go through looking for ubisoft (who own the franchise) before giving up.
Funnily enough, you're right, and I did give up, but not for the reason you think. Try it out, it's fun.
(I also remembered why I went through a phase of hating on HOMM in the mid-90s)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I also tried to see if I could buy Civ2. I mean, Civ4 just came out, surely they'll still sell Civ2 right?

Their site had some sort of product page, but Civ2 was only listed under some massive collection thing, including Civ4 with it, and didn't list a price, much less let me buy it. So apparently if I want to buy Civ2 it's going to cost something like 100$ probably, assuming I find a place selling that package. Right...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom