Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So the GOG winter sale was the big secret,it started just a week after the Black Friday sale ended trololololo

NWN is free for the next 48 hours which explains that teaser that was from a NWN wallpaper

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
NWN is one of the few games I really don't want even for free.

Might be as good a place to ask as any: what is the legal status of Warlords games? I mean the real ones, not the rts series. They are one of those genuinely good old games that don't have a digital release.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Why even have a period between the fall and winter sales? Just have one big sale, forever, the whole year and then eventually disintegrate the cost of video games altogether?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm actually happy with the sale. Didn't buy anything, got Shadow Warrior for free. Maybe I'll boot it up for some 15 minutes of mindless fun.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Previous sale got one good thing and it was VtM Bloodlines for -75%, now I have yet to find anything, maybe except NWN2 Platinum thanks to the free NWN2 and bundle discount.
I'm already drained so I'll pass

pippin

it's the current year and people still believe nwn was made for the oc :M
In fact they actually reccomend playing the mods, like Aielund and Kosigan. Time for Lilura to shine?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, they just cannot function without a sale these days. That is the third one in a row!

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, they just cannot function without a sale these days. That the third one in a row!

I notice how it changes my own perception of what constitutes a good deal. In the beginning I often bought games at 33% off, now I least want 50%, 75% is even better. Mostly I look for absolute numbers, under 10 bucks I would have considered a good deal a while back but now I rarely buy anything more than 4,99 and when I am on the fence I want them even cheaper.

I imagine I am not the only one whose behavior is influenced in such a way, I wonder if thats a downward spiral that might be ultimately self-defeating.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I notice how it changes my own perception of what constitutes a good deal. In the beginning I often bought games at 33% off, now I least want 50%, 75% is even better. Mostly I look for absolute numbers, under 10 bucks I would have considered a good deal a while back but now I rarely buy anything more than 4,99 and when I am on the fence I want them even cheaper.

I imagine I am not the only one whose behavior is influenced in such a way, I wonder if thats a downward spiral that might be ultimately self-defeating.
Since free time is my most precious resource right now, I have just set price thresholds on games that interest me on isthereanydeal.com (they send me email notifications when a game gets cheap enough) and ignore everything else. I have accumulated indie garbage to last me a lifetime, and do not need any more.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
A small tidbit that has nothing to do with the just-announced sale: Retro Gamer Magazine just did a Reader's Poll about what was the best 'Virtual Console" currently available. Their definition is "online services which let gamers play classics from yesteryear on modern consoles." What they mean is retro gaming on digital distribution services.

Anyway, readers voted their most favorite, and the results were:

GOG - 34%
X-Box Live - 26 %
Virtual Console (Nintendo) - 15%
Steam - 14%
PSN - 11%

Rabbid

Savant
So the GOG winter sale was the big secret,it started just a week after the Black Friday sale ended trololololo

Which was right after the fall (whatever its name was) sale has ended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom